Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   I know this weeks poker after dark is a rerun, but.... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=485317)

masterblaker 08-24-2007 10:35 AM

I know this weeks poker after dark is a rerun, but....

This was the first time I had actually saw Greg Raymer talk a lot. On ESPN they show a couple of hands and bing, he is the champ. I got to see what kind of person he was on the "Champions" week of poker after dark. All I can is...wow.

I think I would kill myself if I was Greg Raymer. Nothing to do with his appearance, but his personality...blah. I was actually laughing my ass off at him talking about Chinese poker and crap. It would be nice to have that much money, but I would rather be on welfare than to act like he does.

Oh yeah, you don't wear socks with sandles either.

Rant Over

uauaEEE 08-24-2007 12:52 PM

Re: I know this weeks poker after dark is a rerun, but....

Thank you for your opinion.

The B 08-24-2007 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be nice to have that much money, but I would rather be on welfare than to act like he does.

[/ QUOTE ]

what an ignorrant comment...you'd rather grind your way through life scraping the bottom of the barrel than behave like a gentleman and pretty darn good ambassador for poker

charliecozz 08-24-2007 02:38 PM

Did you see PAD? Raymer didn't act like a gentleman, gentlemen don't brag about all their money non stop. Raymer acted like an obnoxious twit. "Guess how much we bet on each hole? ", must of asked that question at least 3x.

You don't see Doyle acting like that, he is a true gentleman.

Bluegrass Poker 08-24-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, you don't wear socks with sandles either.

Rant Over

[/ QUOTE ]He's a patent attorney by trade, it's part of the uniform. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Keyser. 08-24-2007 04:12 PM

I agree actually.

also, Chan seems horrible. Hachem seems great.

Mibbbbbbb.... 08-24-2007 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Guess how much we bet on each hole? "

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't think he was bragging about his money there. It was joke bet with his friend, where they'd bet 1mil per hole and pay when their net worth is 100mil+, which probably is never going to happen.

van_exel_fan 08-24-2007 05:10 PM

Huck, Doyle, and Joe all seem like class acts with killer games...

xxGreat1xx 08-24-2007 06:06 PM

Joe hachem is a freaking whiny baby. F that guy dude. Huck and Doyle are by far the classiest of the bunch, but I dont think Raymer did anything remotely close to non classy. He's actually well respected by most of the other pros

BigSlick75093 08-24-2007 10:31 PM

I wear socks with sandles, otherwise they chaffe my toes and feet.

SteelWheel 08-24-2007 10:51 PM

One of the things that I admire about Greg is that winning the WSOP hasn't changed him a bit. He's the same guy he always was. He feels no need to dress differently, he hasn't moved to Vegas or LA to "live the poker lifestyle" 24/7/365, or anything like that. He hasn't dumped his wife in favor of a newer, shinier model--although I'm sure he's had opportunities to do so--regardless of what one might think of his appearance, any guy who's in the green in the poker world has options in that regard.

If I'm ever as fortunate as he has been, I hope I can stay as humble as he has.

Dan87 08-24-2007 10:58 PM

The only thing that put me off was him talking about the libertarian party and how they will "save america from itself" in 3-4 elections.

cbloom 08-24-2007 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing that put me off was him talking about the libertarian party and how they will "save america from itself" in 3-4 elections.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I can't stand people with hopes and ideals.

JokersAttack 08-25-2007 02:51 AM

In an interview with Bluff magazine Joe Hachem talks about having organised to go out for dinner with Phil Hellmuth, Greg Raymer and Johnny Chan after the tournament was over (explains why Greg was waiting around and Phil's appearance). After losing the game from a 6:1 chip advantage, Joe mentions that Johnny boarded the tilt express and didn't attendthe organised dinner. What an idiot.

Dan87 08-25-2007 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
and railing a televised poker tournament is the perfect venue to show those ideals.

UnblinkingEye 08-25-2007 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
and railing a televised poker tournament is the perfect venue to show those ideals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, in the immortal words of PH:

"ANYTHING FOR THE AIRTIME, BABY!"

~Mike

rocketsfan4lyfe 08-25-2007 11:23 AM

he said he won a million dollars from someone (cant remember) what a load of crap, he aint a degen to bet that much

antipeon 08-25-2007 12:06 PM

wow you guys are pathetic

No Fizzle 08-25-2007 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow you guys are pathetic

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Of all the people on TV, you choose to attack Greg Raymer?

pendragon 08-25-2007 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he said he won a million dollars from someone (cant remember) what a load of crap, he aint a degen to bet that much

[/ QUOTE ]
This was discussed earlier in the thread. That was just a humorous anecdote about a joke bet. He was trying to be funny (which is probably why he, and I think the other guy was Gavin something, made the bet to begin with - so they could tell stories about it).

scottjf8 08-28-2007 12:09 AM

I really like Greg as a player... but man those stupid sunglasses act (with sliding the fossil on the card, and putting the head on the hands) is getting ooooooold.

SuperUberBob 08-28-2007 05:11 PM

My 77 year old grandfather wears socks with sandals.

Get with the times Fossil Man.