Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Stars echeck? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=483321)

bankhead 08-21-2007 09:18 PM

Stars echeck?

I just logged into stars and received an invitation to use echeck as a deposit option. Has anyone else been offered this? [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

sightless 08-21-2007 09:25 PM

Re: Stars echeck?

no just you

4thstreetpete 08-21-2007 09:26 PM

I think you're the only one. I searched google and no one else has gotten it.

bankhead 08-21-2007 09:28 PM

seriously, it says it is being offered to select US players with the plan to implement for all in the future. I hope this option comes back to stay.

Nomar 08-21-2007 09:34 PM

I was offered it, does it work to cash out or only deposit ?

(not that Ive ever cashed out of stars)

xxThe_Lebowskixx 08-21-2007 09:34 PM

VIP status?

xxThe_Lebowskixx 08-21-2007 09:35 PM

oh wait, ive got it too. lol.

xxThe_Lebowskixx 08-21-2007 09:35 PM

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/real...ecks/?utm_id=3

bankhead 08-21-2007 09:36 PM

Im just a bronze star and yes it says you must cash out through echeck if you deposit with it.

shipurstack 08-21-2007 09:53 PM

full tilt offered this to me only as a withdrawal option though, this would be sick if this comes back.

Papa Perry 08-21-2007 10:04 PM

I got it and I haven't played Stars in 2 years...

leatherass 08-21-2007 10:27 PM

THis is awesome. Welcome back Fishies

ispiked 08-21-2007 10:40 PM

They need to market this better if it's going to attract people who want to get money online easily.

GrandMelon 08-21-2007 10:40 PM

I got it too, Im supernova if that matters

blaqeyez 08-21-2007 11:18 PM

I just got it as well. This is exactly what it says:

You are eligible to use Instant eChecks!

Dear XXXX:

eChecks is a great deposit option which allows you to make safe and secure electronic fund transfers (EFT), directly from your bank account to your Pokerstars account.

As a loyal and valued Pokerstars player we'd like to offer you this option during our special introductory phase. As of right now eChecks is only made availible to a limited number of players.

eChecks will allow you to load your account instantly (provided you have no past negative eCheck history), so you can hit the tables and get into the game in no time at all! Simply click on the Instant eCheck icon in the Pokerstars Cashier to make your deposit.

Play Well!
The Pokerstars Team

MitchL 08-21-2007 11:34 PM

Just got it today and am already busto.

mr.bum 08-22-2007 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got it too, Im supernova if that matters

[/ QUOTE ]
thin 2nd B in BBV.if you read any two posts in this thread you would know star status did not matter.

Rootabager 08-22-2007 02:55 AM

I used to use echecks on party. It's pretty quick and easy. pretty awesome

Jazzy3113 08-22-2007 10:03 AM

Serious question here... Lets say theoretically I needed to cash out ( I havn't in three months b/c everytime I get to 3k I sit in a 30/60 six max and never win) and wanted to use an echeck, how would this work? The site issues a check in my name? Would the deposit be instantaneous? Are there gay fees associated with it like western union?
Also, does anyone have any information on whether FTP will be doing this?
Thanks

ALLEN BOND 08-22-2007 11:35 AM

How come only certain people are invited?

smolik75 08-22-2007 12:21 PM

"When you request a cashout, any amounts that you have previously deposited using eCheck will automatically be credited back to your bank account whenever possible. Credits will be processed in the order that you made your deposit requests, from the oldest deposit to the most recent."

Is it just me, or does that look like it reads you're only allowed to cash out what you deposited in the first place? Or is it trying to say the amount you first deposited will be cashed out first and the rest later or something?

ALLEN BOND 08-22-2007 12:23 PM

This is a very cool option, I hope I get to use it too.

imjoshsizemore 08-22-2007 12:28 PM

Just checked and I am able to use it. SHIP IT!

baronzeus 08-22-2007 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I talked to stars and they said they only offer it to people who have deposited more in their lifetime than withdrawn. So don't be too proud!

PS I was offered this as well

cking 08-22-2007 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"When you request a cashout, any amounts that you have previously deposited using eCheck will automatically be credited back to your bank account whenever possible. Credits will be processed in the order that you made your deposit requests, from the oldest deposit to the most recent."

Is it just me, or does that look like it reads you're only allowed to cash out what you deposited in the first place? Or is it trying to say the amount you first deposited will be cashed out first and the rest later or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like they hold the checks in limbo and credit ur account with them so that way when u cash out they can just return the money back to your bank account easily

Crazy Porto 08-22-2007 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
VIP status?

[/ QUOTE ]

bastard [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

MassExodus 08-22-2007 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I talked to stars and they said they only offer it to people who have deposited more in their lifetime than withdrawn. So don't be too proud!

[/ QUOTE ]

Brag: Didn't receive offer.

BrandiFan 08-22-2007 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]He's kidding. I got it and I have deposited $125 on stars (brag).

shaniac 08-22-2007 03:46 PM

I used it, it worked instantly. How does this not constitute a violation of the UIGEA or whatever? Anyone have a limit higher than $600?

Heir_Aparent 08-22-2007 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used it, it worked instantly. How does this not constitute a violation of the UIGEA or whatever? Anyone have a limit higher than $600?

[/ QUOTE ]

mines 1500. i think its just correlated with your normal deposit limits, for say, a debit card or something. I've had mine raised a few times

HeroInBlack 08-22-2007 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Brag: Didn't receive offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat: Leveled

UMTerp 08-22-2007 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have a limit higher than $600?

[/ QUOTE ]

Shane, I sent them a nice email yesterday (loyal customer, looking to play the limits I used to, no money online because of UIGEA, blah blah blah...) , and they raised my limits to $2K daily / $3K weekly / $6K monthly. I'm sure you could do the same. They said anything more than that would require me to send them some sort of documentation (I assume a fraud-protection measure.) I just sent it to support@pokerstars.com, they said they forwarded it to their security department, and everything was in place about 6 hours later.

[ QUOTE ]
How does this not constitute a violation of the UIGEA or whatever?

[/ QUOTE ]

*Shrug*

Rottersod 08-22-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing I can think of is that they are handling the transactions themselves and not involving a third party to process the payments. Under that scenario I think it would be legal since they can track directly where the money comes from and goes to. I wonder if they will disallow player to player transfers?

NicksDad1970 08-22-2007 08:01 PM

How do we see if we are able to do it, just check cashier?

Jack Bando 08-22-2007 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do we see if we are able to do it, just check cashier?

[/ QUOTE ]

Should be the top left option, and you'll get a popup saying so even before you hit cashier.

IncrediblyGifted 08-22-2007 11:04 PM

for those of you who it worked for, which bank do you use? i'm guessing smaller/local ones..i just moved down to north carolina and i'm looking to open a new checking account anyways and i'd like to be able to use this method.

08-22-2007 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
THis is awesome. Welcome back Fishies

[/ QUOTE ]

JimmyGunz 08-22-2007 11:41 PM

i received the offer, i am only silverstar for two months in a row ,

leatherass 08-22-2007 11:45 PM

I hope this is as great of news as I think it might be. I ahve visions of the site being filled with fish again within 6 months.

MataWispar 08-22-2007 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only thing I can think of is that they are handling the transactions themselves and not involving a third party to process the payments.

[/ QUOTE ]

They said in an email to me they are using three different third party processers