Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   The return of eChecks on PokerStars (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=483045)

AliasM 08-21-2007 02:58 PM

The return of eChecks on PokerStars

Apparently they are integrating them incrementally and offering them to certain players first (that's the what the little popup said at least. I have no idea why I would be apart of a first group, since I don't play significant stakes, and have only been gold level a couple of times).

Regardless, I see this as a good sign of some liquidity returning to the online poker economy.

thing85 08-21-2007 03:02 PM

Re: The return of eChecks on PokerStars

Just got this pop up too - I wonder if this will be available as a withdrawal option.

holland3r 08-21-2007 03:05 PM

Probably because you need to deposit often.

AbeFroman17 08-21-2007 03:06 PM

I also was part of the first group...as I was with the Pay Tru card. I did take advantage of PayTru when it came out...wonder if that triggered them to put me in the first group.

Also, I hope that withdrawals are possible this way. It would be like Party Poker 2005 again. Well, not really, but getting closer. Anything to make it easier for bad players to deposit.

AliasM 08-21-2007 03:09 PM

here's the exact wording of the notice:

You're eligible to use Instant eChecks!

Dear Aliasm,

eChecks is a great deposit option which allows you to make safe and secure electronic fund transfers (EFT), directly from your bank account to your PokerStars account.

As a loyal and valued PokerStars player we'd like to offer you this option during our special introductory phase. As of right now, eChecks is only being made available to a limited number of players.

eChecks allows you to load your account instantly (providing you have no past negative eCheck history), so you can hit the tables and get in the game in no time at all! Simply click on the instant eChecks icon in the PokerStars cashier to make a deposit.

Play Well!
The PokerStars Team

thing85 08-21-2007 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlikely. In the past few years, the only time I've made a deposit is to take advantage of a reload bonus.

AliasM 08-21-2007 03:11 PM

you're funny.

Black Aces 518 08-21-2007 04:41 PM

woo hoo me too me too. this will be fantastic if it can be implemented across the board.

ImsaKidd 08-21-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlikely. In the past few years, the only time I've made a deposit is to take advantage of a reload bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same. Still got the popup.

mscags 08-21-2007 04:47 PM

just dep. 25 as a trial and it took all of 5 seconds!

Perplexity 08-21-2007 04:53 PM

i really want this.

mscags 08-21-2007 04:56 PM

It appears it is available for withdrawal as well as when I tried to withdrawal it was an option for me, I tried to use it but I was declined as I just depoed. 5 mins ago. Pretty sure that is just standard procedure by them though.

kleath 08-21-2007 05:10 PM

I got the popup too, if this works for deposits and withdrawals Im in heaven. Dunno how anxious I am to try it since im with a large bank though, still echecks was awesome before hopefully it remains awesome.

baronzeus 08-21-2007 05:12 PM

sweet, a 600 limit, now maybe i can play 2/4

CrushinFelt 08-21-2007 05:12 PM

i already deposited, it cleared in a couple days and withdrawls should be quick this way as well. On my online bank statement the line item said "Pstars" while it was pending but is now a gobblygook of letters and numbers

thing85 08-21-2007 05:21 PM

This is a great step toward making games fishier again.

4thstreetpete 08-21-2007 05:25 PM

WTF? I don't have it as an option. Is it only for americans? Former supernova here and I got squat! thanks for nothing pokerstars.

billxo1b 08-21-2007 05:28 PM

does it work with FullTilt too?

BackedUp 08-21-2007 05:33 PM

i suppose they don't want to take the chance of pissing off a supernova if there are difficulties

SomethingClever 08-21-2007 05:34 PM

I got this popup today as well, but I've never used eChecks before.

How does it work? Do you just type in your bank account number or something?

Then on cashouts, does it just credit back to your bank?

crosse91 08-21-2007 06:17 PM

I just got the pop up, and will use it to fund my account.

jasonHoldEm 08-21-2007 06:24 PM

::happy dance::

LearnedfromTV 08-21-2007 06:44 PM

tried it out for $25, worked fine.

4thstreetpete 08-21-2007 06:47 PM

Did Pokerstars set up their own bank? If every site had this echeck thing it would be a snap to deposit/withdraw funds. Good times are here again! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Sean Fraley 08-21-2007 06:53 PM

I noticed that most of the people who got this (including me) are from lower limits. This is probably offered to American's with smaller bankrolls and therefore more likely to be at lower stakes. Since depositing is more difficult at the moment, it is more difficult for American fish to keep putting in money to play (in other words lose) at higher stakes cash games and the tournaments with more expensive buy-ins. Since this is the group that fuels most of the economy at a poker site, it would make sense to offer eCheck to this group first.

swityak11 08-21-2007 07:33 PM

I'm definitely in the small stakes casual player group but I haven't deposited PokerStars in over a year. I'll definitely deposit more though just so I can withdrawal via this method.

It seems very convenient.

whangarei 08-21-2007 07:36 PM

Ha anybody tried to withdraw using E-checks. If that works it's essentially a replacement for Neteller for Stars players, which would be friggin awesome [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

lol_variance 08-21-2007 09:38 PM

Add one more fish to the pond. Seamless deposit of 200 bucks went through in about 5 seconds. Thanks Stars!!!

TheProdigy 08-21-2007 09:46 PM

Not only small stakes nobodies..I am SN at 1/2,2/4nl and got invited, so they are inviting people across the board. The deposit went through quickly and am trying to cashout soon.

Jeffage 08-21-2007 09:47 PM

I got offered this too. Anyone think banks will give heat on this? Obviously it's working now, but I'm curious what everyone foresees in the long-term (esp. w/ big cashouts going direct to your bank, etc). How has Stars been able to do this when other sites can't? Obviously, if it works for the longterm w/o problem, this could be a great thing for online poker.

Jeff

THAY3R 08-21-2007 09:56 PM

Doubt you can withdrawal with Echecks. It's just a more efficient way of you sending them a check : They create a "check" in your name with your bank account and then take the funds from your account that way. Bodog has the same thing.

To cashout out they will still have to send you a check and have you deposit it.

soah 08-21-2007 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doubt you can withdrawal with Echecks. It's just a more efficient way of you sending them a check : They create a "check" in your name with your bank account and then take the funds from your account that way. Bodog has the same thing.

To cashout out they will still have to send you a check and have you deposit it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could do it before under the exact same system.

Since for some reason they won't actually mail checks to me, this would be a huge improvement over having to pay for wire transfers.

THAY3R 08-21-2007 10:49 PM

How was it the same?

Before, Neteller/PP IGMPAY would do direct deposits and direct withdrawals.(EFT's) This is different. This is them creating a check in your name and then withdrawing off that from your bank account. They can't deposit a check into your account for you.

thing85 08-21-2007 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Before, Neteller/PP IGMPAY would do direct deposits and direct withdrawals.(EFT's) This is different. This is them creating a check in your name and then withdrawing off that from your bank account. They can't deposit a check into your account for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps, but this is how Stars describes this new deposit method:

[ QUOTE ]
eChecks is a great deposit option which allows you to make safe and secure electronic fund transfers (EFT), directly from your bank account to your PokerStars account.

[/ QUOTE ]

kcheel 08-21-2007 11:24 PM

I got it also. Not crazy about giving out my whole SS# though to do it.

Slim Pickens 08-21-2007 11:44 PM

Let's see if $600 works.

grouchie 08-21-2007 11:52 PM

too bad they aren't offering a bonus offer to try out the new system [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

tautomer 08-22-2007 12:11 AM

This is from the PS echecks page

What about my cashouts?
When you request a cashout, any amounts that you have previously deposited using eCheck will automatically be credited back to your bank account whenever possible. Credits will be processed in the order that you made your deposit requests, from the oldest deposit to the most recent.

Please visit our Cashout Policy page for more details on how cashouts at PokerStars are processed.

grouchie 08-22-2007 12:16 AM

But the page is not up to date because it also says

PokerStars stopped accepting deposits and cashouts from US players via eChecks as of the evening of January 17th, 2007.

and their limits are slightly different. The client says $600/day and per 7 days.... Web page says $500/day /7days

[ QUOTE ]
This is from the PS echecks page

What about my cashouts?
When you request a cashout, any amounts that you have previously deposited using eCheck will automatically be credited back to your bank account whenever possible. Credits will be processed in the order that you made your deposit requests, from the oldest deposit to the most recent.

Please visit our Cashout Policy page for more details on how cashouts at PokerStars are processed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sean Fraley 08-22-2007 12:19 AM

It would be really nice if someone from PokerStars' support would post in this thread and clarify the situation concerning cashouts.