Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   New Forum Needed: OOT REJECTS (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=482133)

BluffTHIS! 08-20-2007 01:19 PM

New Forum Needed: OOT REJECTS

With all the constant whining about stars and threads getting locked in OOT, I think we need a trash bin for the OOT forum, called "OOT REJECTS". This would be a forum where no one can start a new thread, but any poster could respond to existing threads, which all got there by being moved there. This way the OOT mods can just move the sucky threads there and the posters who originally started them couldn't claim their discussion was totally cutoff.

Wait you say! That's BB4Life? OK, then the admins could allow the OOT mods to just move any thread they want to BB4Life with the stipulation that the mods there can't lock or delete such threads.

Or just make a forum called the "TRASHBIN" where any mod of any forum can move a thread there, and again no new threads are started within that forum. For example, I'm sure even NT! would agree with me that all threads started by Myrtle the Turdle should be moved there on sight without reading the OP.

NT! 08-20-2007 01:28 PM

Re: New Forum Needed: OOT REJECTS

oh look, it's monday afternoon, time for another terrible idea thread from bluffthis

BluffTHIS! 08-20-2007 01:31 PM

You tellin me most of the mods would not like a "TrashBin" forum to which they could capriciously and arbitrarily move any thread they wished without giving the posters a cause to complain discussion got cut off?

2/325Falcon 08-20-2007 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh look, it's monday afternoon, time for another terrible idea thread from bluffthis

[/ QUOTE ]

This is racist against Asians. It's Tuesday morning in China.

NT! 08-20-2007 01:33 PM

the only mods who would need such a forum are the ones who lack the stones to simply lock a crappy thread and stand by their decision.

ATF is the place to complain, if people didn't come here to bitch and moan you'd have nothing to do all day.

stabn 08-20-2007 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it isn't. It is only 1:35am, middle of the night imo.

stabn 08-20-2007 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only mods who would need such a forum are the ones who lack the stones to simply lock a crappy thread and stand by their decision.

ATF is the place to complain, if people didn't come here to bitch and moan you'd have nothing to do all day.

[/ QUOTE ]

But wouldn't it be nice if bluffthis could only post in 'the trashbin'?

NT! 08-20-2007 01:37 PM

it would be nice if bluffthis couldn't post at all

tuq 08-20-2007 01:38 PM

In before a good idea.

diebitter 08-20-2007 01:40 PM

Good idea.

I'd also welcome all posters deemed as trolls only be allowed to post here and nowhere else so it is a transhbin in a more complete sense.

I nom 'The Rathole' as a name.

stabn 08-20-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet no current mods have enough balls to ban him [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

NT! 08-20-2007 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And yet no current mods have enough balls to ban him [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

well, put it this way, he knows better than to post in OOT

stabn 08-20-2007 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, put it this way, he knows better than to post in OOT

[/ QUOTE ]

Bawk bawk bawk bawk bawk.

iron81 08-20-2007 01:48 PM

Bluff was actually exiled during a mass culling.

Borodog 08-20-2007 01:48 PM

I volunteer to mod this forum. My policy would be to lock all threads.

KotOD 08-20-2007 01:49 PM

This is only a good idea if tuque is named mod of the trashbin.

[Phill] 08-20-2007 01:49 PM

Id mod the Trashbin forum.

In many ways id try and turn every crappy thread into a good discussion - be it through hijack if necassery.

The one rule id require is that flaming is 100% allowed (and with me as mod it would be encouraged).

In many ways i view myself as the best of the worst. So it makes perfect sense.

Bluffthis could be my PA if he wants. Mostly he would just bring me cups of tea though.

adsman 08-20-2007 01:52 PM

The Tuq and then Diebitter posts are just hilarious.

*TT* 08-20-2007 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is racist. Not all Chinese are Asian.

evil twin 08-20-2007 01:59 PM

Phill has managed to turn this into a good idea.

stabn 08-20-2007 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Id mod

[/ QUOTE ]

lololololololol.

nath 08-20-2007 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, some of them are Japanese.

NT! 08-20-2007 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Id mod

[/ QUOTE ]

lololololololol.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's great how the most prolific bitchers and moaners on this site are also the first ones to volunteer to step in and moderate any forum they can get their fat, grubby fingers on.

'all the mods here suck, reds do a terrible job, why are these people in charge, you are all incompetent... what? a new forum? i'll mod!'

Wetdog 08-20-2007 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is racist. Not all Asians are Chinese.

[/ QUOTE ]

PIF

No Fizzle 08-20-2007 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With all the constant whining about stars and threads getting locked in OOT, I think we need a trash bin for the OOT forum, called "OOT REJECTS".
Wait you say! That's BB4Life? OK, then the admins could allow the OOT mods to just move any thread they want to BB4Life with the stipulation that the mods there can't lock or delete such threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been sent by BBV4L to politely ask you to [censored] off. That is all.

Wait, no, its not. If I ever make it to mod, I'll ban you just for this god-awful idea.

THAT is all. Good day.

secretprankster 08-20-2007 02:16 PM

OP reads like a grandfather typed it up. Pls confirm/deny.

No Fizzle 08-20-2007 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, some of them are Japanese.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know of any Japanese Chinese, quit being silly.

tuq 08-20-2007 02:19 PM

The Chinaman is not the issue here.

[Phill] 08-20-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Id mod

[/ QUOTE ]

lololololololol.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's great how the most prolific bitchers and moaners on this site are also the first ones to volunteer to step in and moderate any forum they can get their fat, grubby fingers on.

'all the mods here suck, reds do a terrible job, why are these people in charge, you are all incompetent... what? a new forum? i'll mod!'

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha,

2 things:

1, Obv i was joking, i dont have nearly enough dedication required to mod somewhere round here. Plus im way to unwilling to tow the party line to think id EVER get asked to be one.
2, Naturally people who think mods suck would think them better capable - it makes perfect logical sense.

Fwiw, i dont think all mods are incompetent, mainly its just you - though incompetent is a harsh word. You just need to improve communication and be more consistant.

Mike Haven 08-20-2007 02:50 PM

I've liked this general idea every time it's been mooted.

On this occasion, BT has brought his genius twist to it that has always been missing before, and that is that it is public yet no one can start a thread in The Pits, (as I've liked to call it).

It's usually just been thought of as an unviewable dumping ground where "bad", (in the opinions of the relevant forums' mods), threads are stored rather than deleted, and where other mods might sometimes say, "I'm ok with that one in The Lounge", (or wherever), and move it back for public consumption.

The reason I've been in favour of this is that even the dumbest of our posters, (no offence meant towards you, tub), think that the tripe they write is worthwhile to them and some others, (and maybe it is on some level down to which most of us have difficulty in stooping), and it is only fair in the grand scheme of things that their drivel is herded into an apt but permanent storage facility for their and their one or two supporters' benefit.

(Having said that, we could maybe have competitions, say, every week or month where the worst of the worst are ceremoniously deleted even from this quagmire, on the basis of a vote by The Pits' regular readers, ["The Vultures"], who pick over the festering bones that have been moved there. Once a year the Annual Worstest Of All Thread might be chosen and not only deleted but quartered and bits of it sent to various different forums over all of the internets. The ether's the limit for tack-ons like this, discussed only in The Pits' Mess.)

Maybe not, though.

CrushingX 08-20-2007 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Id mod

[/ QUOTE ]

lololololololol.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what are they thinking? They should just continue to let you make the site worse with no resistance. It seems like if people think the moderation of the site sucks than they certainly should get involved to make it better. Just because you are in a position where you can do whatever you want and Mat will do nothing to discipline you when you do a horrible job doesn't mean that youre not doing a horrible job. Thanks for locking the Entourage thread today though, I was worried that hundreds of posts might be made about a show that a ton of people like. I am really glad you got that thing deleted before it generated some traffic!

oh by the way, before youre like "oh [censored] im clever, i know who that poster is." yeah, its me, PITTM, I'm sure you'll now be like "yeah, to deflect the blame away from me I will insult this poster and make me look awesome." nope, youll still look like a horrible mod with the temperament and decision making skills of a 12 year old girl. Youre more than welcome to respond to this by banning this account, in which case I will open one of my 5 or 6 others and make similar posts. ORRRRR you could IP ban me and NO ONE at this coffee shop in Mountain View will EVER be able to use 2p2 again! Then again, driving away traffic seems to be the new #1 concern, so yeah, IP ban away...

Before everyone says i always whine about moderation. Mat actually did a decent job of making this sidebar. Now I know why his moderators had been so horrible! Mat had been too busy building a sidebar to care about if his mods are calling his users [censored] or not. Too bad!

NT! 08-20-2007 03:03 PM

RJ,

i totally had you in mind when i made that post!

in all seriousness, the reason it is funny that the biggest whiners and complainers all want to be mods is because moderation requires skills such as cooperation, judgment and perspective.

a person who goes on retarded life tilt and makes ten different accounts because he got banned from an online forum probably doesn't fit the mold. just a thought.

kkcountry 08-20-2007 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Youre more than welcome to respond to this by banning this account, in which case I will open one of my 5 or 6 others and make similar posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

loooooooooooooooooooool

oh noes! pitm haz 5 OR 6 otter ackountz!!!! wat r we gonna dew?????

tuq 08-20-2007 03:07 PM

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j307/tuq2k2/pittm.jpg

roffle

EDIT: I see it's already been edited out, haha.

Suigin406 08-20-2007 03:07 PM

what's more concerning is y nt decided to switch avatars..?? that mountain with the stars coming out of it was awesome...

Suigin406 08-20-2007 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Youre more than welcome to respond to this by banning this account, in which case I will open one of my 5 or 6 others and make similar posts. ORRRRR you could IP ban me and NO ONE at this coffee shop in Mountain View will EVER be able to use 2p2 again! Then again, driving away traffic seems to be the new #1 concern, so yeah, IP ban away...

[/ QUOTE ]

ip ban is clearly the way to go, amirite?? anyone opposed??

NT! 08-20-2007 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what's more concerning is y nt decided to switch avatars..?? that mountain with the stars coming out of it was awesome...

[/ QUOTE ]

i was afraid i was gonna run out of bandwidht

BluffTHIS! 08-20-2007 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bluff was actually exiled during a mass culling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. NT! just tried to drag me in on a survivor when I never posted in OOT more than a few times a year. But it didn't fly.

BluffTHIS! 08-20-2007 03:38 PM

All,

Let me (my grandpa actually) rephrase this proposal without reference to OOT:

1) A new forum is created called "TheTrashBin" or "ThePits"

2) mods of any forum can move a thread there

3) No threads may actually be started in that new forum, but only posted to in the threads that get moved there

niss 08-20-2007 03:42 PM

Hilarious that I was going to LOL at PITTM Sr. calling anyone a "reject" ... AND THEN PITTM JR. SHOWS UP IN THIS THREAD.

CAN IT GET ANY BETTER.