Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   StarsReads AHK (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=481386)

1meandog4u 08-19-2007 03:02 PM

StarsReads AHK

Dave,

I started a new thread for future developments of StarsReads since it is a totally different AHK than StarsNotes, the former thread. This is something you've developed as a totally different program.

To be redundant, the only problem I've found in testing is the 10max table layout. Seats 5 and 10 are the problem. All other layouts that I've tested seem to work fine.

Thanks again, it's almost done. Looking forward to Ver0.3

1meandog4u 08-19-2007 03:41 PM

Re: StarsReads AHK

Here's the error capture, and the table capture...

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/571/ahkerrorib3.jpg

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/5523/ahkerror2dc9.jpg
By meandog at 2007-08-19

SilentNoise 08-19-2007 08:33 PM

you might want to make a link to the overcards page too if you are making a thread about a piece of software

1meandog4u 08-19-2007 10:10 PM

Your right. I was trying not to step on Dave's creation. He did put a link in the other thread which had become thread drift. He's still shaking out a few final flaws, but here's the link...

http://www.overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/StarsReads

Basically, it highlights the box around the player's name and allows you to change the color, as was seen in the previous message with the table capture. You can color code it much like FT, but it is much clearer. He mentioned some other options down the road, so patience will develop this into a handy tool which stands alone on it's own merits rather than being dependant on other software for information.

Footnote: It gets a little fussy with Vista and authorizations to run it. Once, as per Dave's suggestion, I put it under the "c:\users\public" directory, that released all the demands for authorization.

JazzyZ 08-21-2007 02:26 PM

I've been looking for something like this, and it seems very good, couple of things though, I cant change the color back to white with the default ini file (probably have to just edit it?) and also I dont like how the colored area blocks some of the hole cards.

1meandog4u 08-21-2007 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been looking for something like this, and it seems very good, couple of things though, I cant change the color back to white with the default ini file (probably have to just edit it?) and also I dont like how the colored area blocks some of the hole cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I added colors to the "default_colours.txt" file. And, I even changed the names from "blue" to "shark" to identify specifically what I wanted.

Here's a link to a site that will give you the hex numbers for adding any color you want.

http://www.coolebaytools.com/html_hex_colors.html

I would suggest you add white, "FFFFFF" is the hex number, into the default_colours.txt file. You can change names, colors, anything you want. I know it's easy to do, because I could do it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm sure Dave will be fixing the 10max table problem soon, and this will be an awesome, but simple way to i.d. players without the use of an HUD or PT.

JazzyZ 08-22-2007 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I added colors to the "default_colours.txt" file. And, I even changed the names from "blue" to "shark" to identify specifically what I wanted.

Here's a link to a site that will give you the hex numbers for adding any color you want.

http://www.coolebaytools.com/html_hex_colors.html

I would suggest you add white, "FFFFFF" is the hex number, into the default_colours.txt file. You can change names, colors, anything you want. I know it's easy to do, because I could do it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I'm sure Dave will be fixing the 10max table problem soon, and this will be an awesome, but simple way to i.d. players without the use of an HUD or PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I kind of thought so, that I could just edit the ini file. I tried the script in a 6-max table (not 10 handed) and the colored area blocks some of the holecards, just a small thing that irritates me...

1meandog4u 08-22-2007 07:38 AM

I rarely play 6max, so i didn't notice the cards being covered any, was more concerned with the boxes working. I tried 8 and 9max, they work great.

It's just the 10max, I think it was seat 4 and 9, as was in the screen capture. Naturally, I only play 10max, so I can't use the damn thing till that get's fixed, and THAT I don't know how to do. Dave's one of the resident experts and will have to tweak the x/y coordinates I am sure.

1meandog4u 08-23-2007 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's the error capture, and the table capture...

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/571/ahkerrorib3.jpg

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/5523/ahkerror2dc9.jpg
By meandog at 2007-08-19

[/ QUOTE ]

Does anyone have an idea as to how to fix this error?

_dave_ 08-24-2007 10:12 PM

OK, new version is up that should work on 10-max games.

StarsReads v0.3

[ QUOTE ]

also I dont like how the colored area blocks some of the hole cards

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll add support for controlling this in the next version - you can make it only draw certain edges of the player box easy enough if you can edit the code [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dave.

1meandog4u 08-24-2007 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, new version is up that should work on 10-max games.

StarsReads v0.3

I'll add support for controlling this in the next version - you can make it only draw certain edges of the player box easy enough if you can edit the code [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

It works perfect. I've added colors and changed the names, no problems there. I even resized the table and the boxes adjusted immediately. Gotta love it... thanks

Now, if it only had...... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] only kidding...

1meandog4u 08-25-2007 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Now, if it only had...... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] only kidding...

[/ QUOTE ]

After playing awhile with it, I did find something that might be fixed in a later version. I usually play 3 tables. One in the upper-left quadrant; second one, lower-left quadrant; third table, upper-right quadrant, and the lobby I have open in the lower-right quadrant.

I use preferred seating, always placing me in the "three o'clock" position of the table. So, game one is fine, game two is fine, when I sit in game three, I don't want my player in that position. I use the "sit here" option and move it to the "nine o'clock" position so that all three of my seats end up basically together in the middle of the screen. Now, when I used the "sit here" option, the script did NOT like that. I visually moved to the new position, but neither myself or any of the color rated players codes moved with me. So, I changed to the color that the player formerly in the "nine o'clock" had been. He was now visually appearing in my old seat "three o'clock" and had my colored box.

When I went to change his color, it changed MY color in all the other games .... it still "thinks" I'm in that original seat, which technically I am even though Stars "turns the table around" virtually.

Additionally, all the player's colors were actually wrong because it was coloring the actual person sitting in the seat, not how the table had been turned...virtually only.

I hope I've explained the complete detail. For now, I just keep the same seat and do NOT use the "sit here" feature and everything works fine. This is not something critical, just a small change when/if you do another version.

It would be nice if it adjusted when using the "sit here" feature, which may not even be a practical thing that can be adjusted for...

1meandog4u 08-25-2007 01:09 PM

I found, in testing, one other minor annoyance. When you finish a session, you need to log out of PStars and close the script. If you don't, and later sit into a table you were previously at, you're in big trouble unless you just happen to take the same seat. I assume the overlay file it creates thinks you're still in the old seat. So, if you're done for a while, log out and close down the script.

1meandog4u 09-15-2007 03:26 AM

Dave,

Still having a real problem with StarsRead "remembering" tables I've played at earlier...even the next day???

I've even logged out of PS, closed the ahk, and rebooted the computer..still it manages to remember at least one table, and then when it does that, it won't change once I play a hand or two, or even 20.

Is there any way to clear the memory of StarsRead? Does it write it to some file I can't see? Thanks for any pointers. Otherwise, the rest of the program runs great.

1meandog4u 10-11-2007 02:36 PM

dave,

The latest update on Stars, today, "broke" StarsRead3.ahk

When you have a chance could you take a look and see if there's a quick fix. TIA

p.s. I did do a backup when I saw the update was there to install. I reinstalled the backup and bypassed the "update" starting file and the program (starsread3) will work that way until a fix is made.

_dave_ 10-11-2007 05:30 PM

wow I have missed these bumps somehow [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I apologise.

Will return and address these issues once I find out what is wrong with the script.

dave.

1meandog4u 10-11-2007 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I apologise.

Will return and address these issues once I find out what is wrong with the script.

dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a problem. The symptoms: The ahk loads fine, and when I play at tables, it appears to open each table fine. The colors don't show, nor is the drop down menu available.

Like I mentioned before, when i reinstalled the previous Pstars software and bypassed the "update.exe" and used the pstars.exe (the old version) it works again. But naturally it would be nicer to use the most recent update, yesterday's upgrade that is... thanks again, no rush, I know you're "in demand" here and everywhere..

Allen

1meandog4u 10-14-2007 05:46 AM

Dave,

I just now re-installed the 'patch' on Pstars. StarsReads still does the same thing...it doesn't work. Tables open, everything works fine...but... no boxs, no colors..sigh.

Was hoping their latest patch would work. I have once again reinstalled a backup and back to the old PS's software, pre-patch, pre-update.

1meandog4u 10-22-2007 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dave,

I just now re-installed the 'patch' on Pstars. StarsReads still does the same thing...it doesn't work. Tables open, everything works fine...but... no boxs, no colors..sigh.

Was hoping their latest patch would work. I have once again reinstalled a backup and back to the old PS's software, pre-patch, pre-update.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave

This still doesn't work with the updated PS software. It does work when I reinstall the old software, but I can't run on that forever... I don't think.

Any chance of you looking at StarsReads in the near future? Thanks

1meandog4u 11-01-2007 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dave,

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave

This still doesn't work with the updated PS software. It does work when I reinstall the old software, but I can't run on that forever... I don't think.

Any chance of you looking at StarsReads in the near future? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

BUMP

1meandog4u 11-07-2007 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I apologise.

dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you had a chance to look at StarsReads? It will not work at all with the recent patches. I was using an older version of the software, but as of today it would no longer log on and I've had to update.

Now StarsReads is totally useless and I'd really like to get it fixed if you could spare some time for it. Thanks

_dave_ 11-10-2007 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Now StarsReads is totally useless and I'd really like to get it fixed if you could spare some time for it. Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the slowness. I have fixed and tested it now, will upload tomorrow & post in this thread as soon as the fixed version is online.

dave.

1meandog4u 11-10-2007 11:56 PM

You made an old man happy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I've been lost without it. Can you imagine playing with small pieces of post-a-notes plastered all over a 22in screen... and worse, when a new player comes in...sigh.

Thanks again Dave... Let's hope PS can back off on some of the updates.

TIA

1meandog4u 11-12-2007 04:36 PM

Any chance that will be uploaded today? TIA

1meandog4u 11-15-2007 05:17 PM

Bump

stoli 11-18-2007 02:31 PM

bump

1meandog4u 11-19-2007 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for the slowness. I have fixed and tested it now, will upload tomorrow & post in this thread as soon as the fixed version is online.

dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there still a problem with StarsReads.ahk working properly? Inquiring minds are anxious to get this back working. It's been a month since PS's update and having lost a valuable tool hurts.

Can anyone of the many "ahk geniouses" take a look at this and see if there's a fix to get it back working?

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

miyake 11-22-2007 10:01 PM

id be after this aswell [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

stoli 11-26-2007 11:24 AM

This software sounds like it'd be very useful. How come nobody has figured out how to fix it yet?

Anderson8 11-26-2007 11:27 AM

Any updates on the fix?

Or anyone have a older version of stars i can download to get it working?

Thanks

stoli 11-26-2007 11:39 AM

to me it sounded like it has already been fixed just not uploaded yet?

_dave_ 11-26-2007 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that was the case. Unfortunately I totally broke it trying to add some new functionality - then forgot what I actually did to fix it in the first place [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

So I just d/l it fresh and fixed it again - many sorries for the delay.

Version 0.3a is now up on the overcards page... Enjoy!

Upgrading users, just copy the AHK file out from the zip to avoid overwriting any custom colours/names you have made, new users just extract the zip somewhere and run [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dave.

1meandog4u 11-26-2007 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that was the case. Unfortunately I totally broke it trying to add some new functionality - then forgot what I actually did to fix it in the first place [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

So I just d/l it fresh and fixed it again - many sorries for the delay.

Version 0.3a is now up on the overcards page... Enjoy!

Upgrading users, just copy the AHK file out from the zip to avoid overwriting any custom colours/names you have made, new users just extract the zip somewhere and run [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dave.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, thank you and thank you. I just replaced the ahk file only and tested it... it works perfect!!!!!!!! Even made $1.91 in a pot limit omaha games (big .01/.02 game) when I flopped double nuts during the first hand test...

You're a genious, Dave.

And to those of you who haven't tried this, it's a great stand alone instead of the hud's. It gives great instant recognition of player ratings based on a changable color scheme of my choice.

MissionToMars 11-26-2007 10:33 PM

may be silly but what does StarsReads do? i did not find it is it a hud like poker ace hud or what does it do?

freecard4all 11-26-2007 10:35 PM

Basically, it highlights the box around the player's name and allows you to change the color, as was seen in the previous message with the table capture. You can color code it much like FT, but it is much clearer. He mentioned some other options down the road, so patience will develop this into a handy tool which stands alone on it's own merits rather than being dependant on other software for information.

3th post (or wiki as well has a nice explanation)

stoli 11-26-2007 11:46 PM

Is there any explanation as far as anything you need to do to set it up?

I downloaded it and have run the script. How do you highlight a player and give them a color. In full tilt it is in the notes function. How do you work this thing?

_dave_ 11-26-2007 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I downloaded it and have run the script. How do you highlight a player and give them a color. In full tilt it is in the notes function. How do you work this thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

It should make a "fat" white border over unknown players.

Right click that border, choose a colour/classification.

EDIT: You have to be sat down at a table and playing (HH being written) for anything to happen.

dave.

stoli 11-26-2007 11:58 PM

Ok I don't have a white border on unknowns is there anything else that needs to be running or any prep work that needs to be done... Like do I need to edit anything in the script or is it supposed to be ready to go? Thanks for the help.

_dave_ 11-27-2007 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Like do I need to edit anything in the script or is it supposed to be ready to go?

[/ QUOTE ]

See above edit.

It should be ready to go... if you have an "unusual" screenname, that may cause failure. You will certainly need to have Stars set to save HH files - And it won't do anything until at least one hand has been played / written to disk.

stoli 11-27-2007 12:04 AM

thanks for the help. I have the white box now. When I right click it their name pops up but no color options or anything to select from?
sorry for all the probably dumb questions...