Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   things that you're unnecessarily ocd about (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=481321)

smurfitup 08-19-2007 12:53 PM

things that you\'re unnecessarily ocd about

i'm more or less a slob, but i can't [censored] stand it when i notice that i've missed a spot shaving and i have to wait until going home to shave off that one unnoticeable patch. it really infuriates me.

bdk3clash 08-19-2007 12:57 PM

Re: things that you\'re unnecessarily ocd about

Staples in takeout food containers must be accounted for and disposed of before eating begins.

Klompy 08-19-2007 01:10 PM

There's a few things in my day to day life that I'll do an extra time to make it an even number for no real reason. Doesn't bother me much if I don't but for some reason I still catch myself always doing it. An example would be if I rest my hands on my knees I'll often give an extra finger tap from one finger on each hand to make 6 points of contact instead of 5 on each knee. God this sounds really crazy when typing it.

skiier04 08-19-2007 01:19 PM

I keep my DVD collection in alphabetical order... most people think that's weird.

MissT74 08-19-2007 01:38 PM

I type words/sentences on my steering wheel while driving. It gets to be OCD when my wrists and hands actually get fatigued.

T

offTopic 08-19-2007 01:43 PM

I never used to sweat my house/car keys until 2002. I went on vacation and didn't drive for almost two weeks. When I got back, the second or third day I walked out of the house without my keys.

Now, when I leave, I reflexively check for my keys even if I know I just put them in my pocket. I can be as far as closing the locked door, and I'll stop the door a couple of inches before it closes to check for my keys. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

KAknight 08-19-2007 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm more or less a slob, but i can't [censored] stand it when i notice that i've missed a spot shaving and i have to wait until going home to shave off that one unnoticeable patch. it really infuriates me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep a razor in my desk for this exact reason.

Tweety 08-19-2007 01:54 PM

Using purelle at work. I do this about 15 times a day, and I also wash my hands with soap more than the average person.

I also refuse to touch the polls in subways- I try to lean against the door, but if that area is not available, I simply do my best to balance myself.

j555 08-19-2007 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never used to sweat my house/car keys until 2002. I went on vacation and didn't drive for almost two weeks. When I got back, the second or third day I walked out of the house without my keys.

Now, when I leave, I reflexively check for my keys even if I know I just put them in my pocket. I can be as far as closing the locked door, and I'll stop the door a couple of inches before it closes to check for my keys. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do this too, but with my car because I locked my keys in my car once. Even if I have 3 grocery bags in each hand and I just put my keys in my pocket, I have to put down the bags and make sure my keys are in my pocket before I can shut the car door. I also obsess about whether or not I locked my apartment door and sometimes I'll get in my car and start driving only to force myself to go back and check that the door is locked, which it always is.

Also, whenever I go to sleep at night and set the alarm clock I have to keep checking it to make sure I set it for the right time. Usually 5 times in 2-3 minute intervals satisfies me that it's right. I think something is wrong with me.

Hollywade 08-19-2007 02:23 PM

Whenever I get a drink from a fast food restaurant, I automatically push down all the buttons on the lid.

Hollywade 08-19-2007 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I keep my DVD collection in alphabetical order... most people think that's weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. Same with CDs. I also arrange my socks in pairs and stack them neatly in drawers rather than just throwing them in there haphazardly. My ex-girlfriend informed me this is not normal.

oddjob 08-19-2007 02:36 PM

i have to kill hookers in multiples of 3.

miajag 08-19-2007 02:48 PM

Thermostat/stereo volume have to be on even numbers or multiples of 5.

MDoranD 08-19-2007 02:52 PM

well thats it...youre all weird

Puf2006champ 08-19-2007 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad to see I am not the only crazy person. Stereo/TV volumes have to be even numbers.

Autocratic 08-19-2007 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Whenever I get a drink from a fast food restaurant, I automatically push down all the buttons on the lid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard for me.

XXXNoahXXX 08-19-2007 02:59 PM

At the gym I have to use the biggest plates possible for the weight. For example, If I have a 45, 25, 10, 5 on each side and I want to add 5 more to each side, I cannot simply add a 5 or switch the 5 for a 10. I go through the extra time of switching to two 45 plates, even if it means roaming around the gym for a bit to get them from a different rack. Complete OCD.

I have two pairs of running/gym shoes, one pair is white/red and the other black/blue. I have two pairs of shorts that I usually wear to gym, one pair is white/red and the other black/blue. I cannot mix and match.

If I have frozen dinners, they must be stacked by brand in the freezer.

jzpiano 08-19-2007 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am glad to see I am not the only crazy person. Stereo/TV volumes have to be even numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

TV is a big one for me, always in 5's.

I'm OCD about cleaning when i do it, which is like every other month. I don't care if my place looks like [censored] for those two months, but the minute I start it has to be spotless.

orange 08-19-2007 03:12 PM

I'm anal about the binding of my books. I think it spawned from my love for comic books and how I liked keeping them in good condition. I spaz whenever I see a book binding bent/broken.

Also, when people leave dvds/cds out of the case, that really makes me flip.

Bostaevski 08-19-2007 03:16 PM

I sometimes get a half mile down the road then have to drive home and make sure the garage door is closed, even tho I know I closed it already.

I also have to check under the toilet seat at home (or someone else's home, but not at work) for bugs before I sit down. It's hilarious because I don't peak underneath first, instead it's always that my pants are already around my ankles and i'm about to sit down then I pull up the seat and look under it from between my legs.

I believe there have been two times in my life that I have found a bug under there.

Bostaevski 08-19-2007 03:25 PM

My mom has a bizarre one she's had since about age 5 and she calls it "counting". Basically she uses the numbers 1 through 8 and each one has a certain 'weight'. The weight is not based on the number itself but rather how many strokes it takes to draw the number. So a 1 weighs one because it's a single stroke. A 2 weighs two, a 3 weighs two, a 4 weighs three, etc. An 8 is one but can be made a two by drawing two circles instead of with a single "figure-eight" stroke (however that is not optimal).

She then "assigns" these numbers (1 through 8) to random things and then based on the weights the object(s) must balance (as if on a fulcrum or something).

So a basic example would be a picture hanging on the wall and she would assign numbers to the corners, then the sides, and then have to envision based on the weights that the picture would still hang correctly and not tilt to one side. A single picture is just a basic example, she can do it to several objects at once in an entire room. It is worth bonus points for her to get to 16 and it is ultimate feng shui for her to get to 32. She designs every room in her house around this concept. If the "count" is wrong she will rearrange the room.

choccypie 08-19-2007 03:27 PM

I wash my hands every time before using my new PC/laptop as I don't want them infested with germs [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I keep my favourite books in perfect condition - one crease on the cover and I'd go mental.

CIncyHR 08-19-2007 03:34 PM

I only set my alarm clock to palindromes.

psuasskicker 08-19-2007 03:37 PM

The Britta container always has to be full.

And I always wear the same outfit for Ravens home games, away games, and when I go to the game (three outfits, one for each).

- C

Anacardo 08-19-2007 04:39 PM

Dude your mom might benefit from some medication. Or maybe a grant. Can't decide.

Rythm 08-19-2007 07:50 PM

Is it weird that I don't consider any of the above particularly weird?

dw2006 08-19-2007 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My mom has a bizarre one she's had since about age 5 and she calls it "counting". Basically she uses the numbers 1 through 8 and each one has a certain 'weight'. The weight is not based on the number itself but rather how many strokes it takes to draw the number. So a 1 weighs one because it's a single stroke. A 2 weighs two, a 3 weighs two, a 4 weighs three, etc. An 8 is one but can be made a two by drawing two circles instead of with a single "figure-eight" stroke (however that is not optimal).

She then "assigns" these numbers (1 through 8) to random things and then based on the weights the object(s) must balance (as if on a fulcrum or something).

So a basic example would be a picture hanging on the wall and she would assign numbers to the corners, then the sides, and then have to envision based on the weights that the picture would still hang correctly and not tilt to one side. A single picture is just a basic example, she can do it to several objects at once in an entire room. It is worth bonus points for her to get to 16 and it is ultimate feng shui for her to get to 32. She designs every room in her house around this concept. If the "count" is wrong she will rearrange the room.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF...

goofball 08-19-2007 08:21 PM

poker accounting

GTL 08-19-2007 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF...

[/ QUOTE ]

your dad must have a fun time in the sack.

train. 08-19-2007 09:32 PM

at work we have a sheet were we keep a list of active trains in our terminal. one column for inbound and terminating trains, one column for outbound and originating. We mark the trains off the list with highlighters as they arrive or depart. yellow for terminating/originating, pink for run throughs (typically.) the lines that the trains are listed on are wider than the highlighter tips. everyone else just crosses them off with one swipe and leaves white space on the page. I can't stand the white space. My lines have to be completely filled in. I also have to go back and fill in my predecessor's lines on the sheet he leaves me.

(what does ocd stand for?)

Klompy 08-19-2007 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This should explain it

Maybe I missed the joke though

guids 08-19-2007 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
at work we have a sheet were we keep a list of active trains in our terminal. one column for inbound and terminating trains, one column for outbound and originating. We mark the trains off the list with highlighters as they arrive or depart. yellow for terminating/originating, pink for run throughs (typically.) the lines that the trains are listed on are wider than the highlighter tips. everyone else just crosses them off with one swipe and leaves white space on the page. I can't stand the white space. My lines have to be completely filled in. I also have to go back and fill in my predecessor's lines on the sheet he leaves me.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offence, but at first I saw your avatar and your screen name, and than read your post, and thought it was a very funny gimmick account.

like KKF and thailand, but worse.

Autocratic 08-19-2007 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your mom must be a dynamo in the sack, because she is [censored] nuts.

Edit: damn you GTL!

westhoff 08-20-2007 12:29 AM

I wouldn't call the volume thing ocd. Almost everyone I know stops on the fives/zeroes or at least evens.

One time I drove awhile without my lights on. Now everytime I drive at night I check 374983 times to make sure my lights are on.

Colombo 08-20-2007 12:35 AM

When you have two light switches for one light (usually at the ends of a staircase), and one of the switches is up but the light is off, or vice versa (switch down, light on).

TurdFerguson 08-20-2007 12:53 AM

When in public, particularly in a large crowd or downtown in a major city, I constantly check my back pocket to make sure my wallet hasn't been stolen. I have never had my wallet or identity stolen, but I'm always on guard about it, to the point that my friends and GF comment on it.

x2ski 08-20-2007 01:07 AM

Rugs, floormats, welcome mats or any other type of non-permanent floor-covering that is askew.

I need my rugs and mats perfectly parallel and/or perpendicular to the objects immediately around them (walls, doors, counters etc.).

Big ones, like in fast food restaurants and movie theaters, are sometimes tough to move, but I get the job done one way or another.

Sometimes people stare, but whatev.

calmB4storm 08-20-2007 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When in public, particularly in a large crowd or downtown in a major city, I constantly check my back pocket to make sure my wallet hasn't been stolen. I have never had my wallet or identity stolen, but I'm always on guard about it, to the point that my friends and GF comment on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.ebags.com/dopp/regatta_88_ser...fm?modelid=9892

JackCase 08-20-2007 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If I have frozen dinners, they must be stacked by brand in the freezer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slob. They should be stacked by brand and then alphabetically by main course.

ilya 08-20-2007 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious?? cos that is seriously, no-joke insane