Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   *Official 2007 Bills Thread* (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=480964)

MacGuyV 08-18-2007 09:48 PM

*Official 2007 Bills Thread*

I hope I'm not the only poster here; the Bills boards get worse by the day with uncanny blind optimism.

The biggest plus that we have to cling to right now is that the offense should be better this yr w/ JP looking decent the 2nd half of last yr & a better OL. Even without the addition of Dockery the protection was much better after Peters moved to LT. The "scientist" geek from ESPN said Evans ran 5 double move routes for something like 200+ yards & 5 TD's last year...can that be right? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Of course the offense has looked like pooh thus far in the pre-season. I'm not so much worried about Lynch as he hasn't had much work, but the improved OL on paper hasn't really translated yet.
Parrish has probably been their best player and he might eventually be one of the most dangerous slot guys in the league; but it's doubtful that he or anybody else on the current roster can be a good #2 WR.

Defense - Ruh roh. It's hard to imagine the run defense being any good, even if the losses of Spikes/Fletcher have been overstated IMO. The DL is desperately missing a guy like, well...Pat Williams. Furthermore, Jason Webster appears to suck @ CB & the pass D could suck as well unless somebody other than Schobel steps up as a pass-rusher.
I guess the best case scenerio here is hoping last year's rookie safties become legitimately good & that they can be a "bend but don't break" unit like they've done in the pre-season thus far.

Special Teams - Should be one of the best in the league again. Lol @ Martz for firing this Bobby April guy. Thanks.

The schedule is awful. It's almost impossible to see anything better than 3-5 at the midway point. Maybe we don't deserve to host a MNF game but hey - F- the haters; we've played like 95 straight primetime games on the road outside of that Denver game a couple yrs ago. And of course the Pats have their bye week before playing us for the 8,000,000,001st consecutive year (like they need it).

Sun 9/9 Denver 1:00 pm
Sun 9/16 at Pittsburgh 1:00 pm
Sun 9/23 at New England 1:00 pm
Sun 9/30 NY Jets 1:00 pm
Mon 10/8 Dallas 8:30 pm
bye
Sun 10/21 Baltimore 1:00 pm
Sun 10/28 at NY Jets 4:05 pm
Sun 11/4 Cincinnati 1:00 pm
Sun 11/11 at Miami 1:00 pm
Sun 11/18 New England 1:00 pm
Sun 11/25 at Jacksonville 1:00 pm
Sun 12/2 at Washington 1:00 pm
Sun 12/9 Miami 1:00 pm
Sun 12/16 at Cleveland 1:00 pm
Sun 12/23 NY Giants 1:00 pm
Sun 12/30 at Philadelphia 1:00 pm

Needle77 08-18-2007 09:56 PM

Re: *Official 2007 Bills Thread*

I like the Bills this year, mostly because I really enjoyed watching Losman last year. I'll be following them this season and rooting for them except on November 25th. I like to see them suprise a few teams and make a possible push as a contender late in the season. They could very much win 4 of their last 5 games.

MacGuyV 08-18-2007 10:16 PM

I hop yur right. Ya know, I'm still a little pissed about a phantom holding call on opening day '04 which gave you guys the ball back which led to an $80million CB whiffing on an int on 4th&38 which led to the first ever 6yard hail marry in NFL history [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
OTOH, the 62-7 raping of the Dolphins was one of the more beautiful sporting events ever; so G/L I guess [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

littlekeed 08-18-2007 11:17 PM

Why oh why did we get rid of Fat Pat a few years ago instead of Sam Adams?

At the very least, I'm enjoying the transformation Marv is making here. Most of the TD mistakes are getting fixed (weak offensive line for example) and I am absolutely thrilled that McGahee is gone. I wonder how many starting RBs in this league would be replaced by SHAUD WILLIAMS on third down.

Hopefully they are still in contention on 12/23 as my sis is giving me her ticket as a Christmas gift (booo going to college in Boston).

Dominic 08-20-2007 04:37 PM

It's going to be another frustrating season....tough schedule, a suspect and unknown defense...it'll be interesting, at least.

I'll be watching to see if Losman actually becomes a QB this year...

Rubeskies 08-20-2007 05:34 PM

I'm a big Bills fan.

Wake me in 3 years.

littlekeed 08-20-2007 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's going to be another frustrating season....tough schedule, a suspect and unknown defense...it'll be interesting, at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were not happy with Losman's development last season? By the end of the season he was actually exciting to watch IMO (at least on deep balls to Evans).

CrazyPsycho 08-20-2007 09:48 PM

Gonna be a long season...

I'm really hoping Fairchild opens the offense up this year, I want to see what Losman can do. Defense will be piss poor at best.

Dominic 08-22-2007 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You were not happy with Losman's development last season? By the end of the season he was actually exciting to watch IMO (at least on deep balls to Evans).

[/ QUOTE ]

pleasantly surprised was more my reaction...let's see if he continues to improve or becomes just another Rob Johnson.

FishSticks 08-25-2007 12:54 PM

I'm moving my discussion from my other thread to this one. I'm a life long fan, I've had seasons for years, yada yada.

Here's my team evaluation:

Offense
RG - Wow it's a joke. Sucks that Duke Preston is just flatly terrible, I really was praying he'd magically be good. I guess Jason Shittle it is.

H-Back - No matter what you call him, Neufeld has little talent and is NOT a playmaker.

WR - Peerless still kinda sucks. I really made myself believe he could revitalize things for himslf in Buffalo, but let's face the facts: him and his bum eye were bad enough to be just straight up CUT by MULTIPLE teams. Then we come in and trashpick and make him a starter.

O-line hasn't gelled at all, Lynch isn't lighting it up, Losman looks more like the 2006 first 8 games Losman again than the 2006 second half Losman. Do our TEs even bother running routes in the passing game anymore?

Just end the charade and chuck it deep to Evans everytime. It's really our only move. It'd be nice to let Parrish touch the ball a bit more.

Defense
DT - What a joke. Kyle Williams is not Pat Willams. I mean, he was like some 5th rounder throw away and we just ran out of options. Big weakness.

DE - Well with Denney out and Hargrove suspended, this should be lovely

LB - Poz looks like the freakin man. Crowell seems solid by not elite, Ellison is a liability and is undersized. John "It's not delivery it's" DiGiorgio is a JOKE - get him off the field.

Corner - McGee looks reasonable, Webster is a PUNK. Screw it and just start Greer, at least he makes some random plays occassionally.

Safeties have played pretty well which is nice. Pretty soft, non-impact defense on the whole.

With this schedule, the Bills could reasonably start 0-8. Gah. Hopefully they turn it up for the reg season. I'm sick of all this "Oh we're just playing our vanilla offense and our vanilla defense".

WELL BREAK OUT THE [censored] CHOCOLATE BABY

FishSticks 08-25-2007 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how many starting RBs in this league would be replaced by SHAUD WILLIAMS on third down.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol Shaud Williams. Guy prolly isn't making the team with Lynch/Thomas/Wright definitely in and Fred ACTION Jackson lighting up the preseason. That guy has been abusing the other 2nd/3rd teamers.

FishSticks 08-25-2007 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pleasantly surprised was more my reaction...let's see if he continues to improve or becomes just another Rob Johnson.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Losman plays all year this year like he did the 2nd half of last year, he'll likely be a top 10 NFL QB. I pray every night that this will be the case. I'm not holding my breath, but we'll see.

God, why the hell do people STILL wear Rob Johnson (or Bledsoe) jerseys to the games? Makes me want to punch them.

I saw a few straight up, untaped McGahee jerseys last night too. ARE YOU [censored] RETARDED YOU STILL SUPPORT WILLIS?! JESUS CHRIST YOU'RE ONE OF THE BUTT UGLY BUFFALO WOMEN HE MADE FUN OF, STUPID.

MacGuyV 08-25-2007 01:17 PM

What was w/ the fans booing Moulds last night? Out of line IMO given that he was the face of the franchise for 6 years & did very little complaining while playing with crappy QB's his whole career. Sure he acted like kind of a b!tch in his last year, but the average prima donna WR would've demanded out about 4 years earlier.

FishSticks 08-25-2007 01:23 PM

Yah that was a little rough. I always liked Moulds. He had literal HOF talent potential and the QB and coach carousel pretty much resigned him to a marginal career.

littlekeed 08-25-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What was w/ the fans booing Moulds last night? Out of line IMO given that he was the face of the franchise for 6 years & did very little complaining while playing with crappy QB's his whole career. Sure he acted like kind of a b!tch in his last year, but the average prima donna WR would've demanded out about 4 years earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were you there yesterday? I've got Rockpile seats this year. Maybe not my best investment.

BTW... I had a burning of my McGahee jersey yesterday in a parking lot across from the Ralph. People who walked by would spit on it
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

MacGuyV 09-09-2007 04:18 PM

Week 1 thoughts

Guaranteed 0-3 start w/ trips to Pit & NE coming up; might as well play for the #1 pick at this point.

Lynch looks really good.

Defense was the same bend but don't break unit they were in the pre-season. Only a matter of time before it breaks.

Losman played like dogpooh & was clearly the #1 reason for the loss. 7 offensive points at home with a decent running game is pathetic. So many chances to salt the game away & couldn't make a single play. Defensively it would've been nice to make a play on 3rd&75 but overall they held up better than I expected.

BobOjedaFan 09-09-2007 04:29 PM

Re: Week 1 thoughts

Just reminding everyone I predicted 0-16. Please remember I did this BEFORE the 0-1 start I didn't just jump on the bandwagon.

MacGuyV 09-09-2007 04:33 PM

It was almost funny the 3rd time.

MacGuyV 09-23-2007 05:04 PM

#1 pick here we come!

It looks like we'll be last in total offense and defense after this week.

Dominic 09-23-2007 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
#1 pick here we come!

[/ QUOTE ]

Woo hoo! At least the Bills are special in one way!

With all these injuries, I'm expecting Fred Smerlas to announce a comeback.

MacGuyV 09-23-2007 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
#1 pick here we come!

[/ QUOTE ]

Woo hoo! At least the Bills are special in one way!

With all these injuries, I'm expecting Fred Smerlas to announce a comeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder if that custom made helmet for Mark Kelso is still available.

Needle77 09-23-2007 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
#1 pick here we come!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bills and Giants are gonna be fighting for it. Is their weakest point their OL?

And what is the deal with Losman? I'm assuming he has no time.

BobOjedaFan 09-23-2007 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just reminding everyone I predicted 0-16. Please remember I did this BEFORE the 0-1 start I didn't just jump on the bandwagon.

[/ QUOTE ]

13 to go...

MacGuyV 09-23-2007 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
#1 pick here we come!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bills and Giants are gonna be fighting for it. Is their weakest point their OL?

And what is the deal with Losman? I'm assuming he has no time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think this is the best OL they've put together in 10 years (which isn't saying a lot but they're not horrible).

Losman stinks. There is no 2nd receiving threat as Price/Royal are likely the worst #2WR/TE combo in the league.

Still, they have 1 good WR & a good RB...the offense shouldn't be this bad.

Dominic 09-23-2007 07:15 PM

Edwards looked like the answer on that first drive...then reality snuck in.

Toro 09-23-2007 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Edwards looked like the answer on that first drive...then reality snuck in.

[/ QUOTE ]

No Brady fumbled on that quarterback sneak.

kyro 09-23-2007 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

13 to go...

[/ QUOTE ]

They've played 2 of the top 3 teams and a Top 10 team so far. I'm sure they'll win 4-5.

Dominic 09-30-2007 04:34 PM

So what do we think of Edwards? Granted, it was against the Jets, but he certainly looks like a leader out there. Unlike JP.

Lynch is looking more and more like he's going to be a premier NFL running back. The kid is strong.

Why did Fairchild wait until he had his rookie QB in to open up the offense?

And it was nice to Lee Evans get some balls. I thought he had died.

MacGuyV 09-30-2007 05:10 PM

Edwards looked great for a Rook's 1st start. Yah it was against the Jets and they're the worse D we've faced, but JP looked like dog crap against worse defenses in his 1st year.

I don't think Fairchild really did anything differently. I mean it can't be a coincidence that I've never seen an 8-12 crossing pattern in two years and voila - today it's in the playbook. That's the QB.

I honestly expected a bigger game from Lynch, but he didn't have much room & ran well again.
I have no use for Anthony Thomas at this point. Let the other rookie RB's play some - no sense in giving Lynch 400 carries this year.

I still think we can have a decent offense here if we bring in a #2WR or TE that can play.

MacGuyV 10-08-2007 05:57 PM

Week 5

Monday Night! Routine feeling as a kid & now it's like some huge event [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Since I can't come up w/ any logical reasons for a win, here are some fun facts:
- Last MNF home game - 1994 W vs. Denver. Denver was coached by Wade Phillips & the Bills wore throwback uniforms.
- Last home game vs. Dallas - 1996 win. This was the 1st game as a home underdog since 1989. This '89 game was vs. the Rams who were an undefeated NFC team on MNF w/ the backup QB (Frank Reich ftw).

Holla?

MacGuyV 10-09-2007 12:22 AM

Re: Week 5

Don't feel like reading the game thread but I quit sports. What is the point? God obv. loves these chicken-sh!t franchises made up of fairweather fans who grew up 2,000 miles from the city...whatever it's probably all for the best if the team just moves to L.A.

Edit: I didn't realize the whole time out thing happened cause I turned off my tv immediately. In that case it's a miracle the Dallas kicker didn't miss the first FG.

PokerFink 10-09-2007 12:24 AM

Buffalo Fans,

I'm sorry. I know your pain.

- Philly Fan

34TheTruth34 10-09-2007 12:37 AM

HOW MANY [censored] GAMES CAN ONE [censored] TEAM LOSE ON A [censored] FIELD GOAL ON THE LAST [censored] PLAY OF A [censored] GAME THAT THEY LED THE ENTIRE [censored] WAY?????

Gobias Ind. 10-09-2007 12:57 AM

We just find ways to lose in this city. Over and over and over again. We don't have 1/4 of the talent Dallas does and we played our asses off tonight. Bad coaching was the reason tonight. It wasn't a skate in the crease. It wasn't a missed field goal on a Super Bowl where we were favored. Everytime, in every close game, no matter how, Buffalo finds a way to lose and the rest of the country smiles. We're not lovable losers like the Cubbies. We're not losers w/ a great backstory like the Red Sox. We're just losers.

vixticator 10-09-2007 02:15 AM

On the plus side at least you went to four superbowls in a row and lost them all. Wait. Heh. The universe must have been designed to [censored] with Bills fans. I'm sorry. Being a Lion fan is nowhere near as bad. They never have a chance.

Veecee 10-09-2007 03:27 AM

Must be depressing after that game, but hey, you guys played in the best game of the NFL season so far - and will probably be the best game by week 16 (if that's any consolation).

Dominic 10-09-2007 04:26 AM

After watching this game tonight, how can any Bills fan not say it's time to fire Jauron and Fairchild? THEY lost this game tonight. You think if Jerry Jones was the owner of the Bills Jauron would have his job in the morning? HELL NO.

The Bills players played great ball. The coaches [censored] up, pure and simple:

trying a 54 yd. field goal with a minute left in the 1st half - either go for it on 4th and 4 or coffin kick he ball so Dallas can't kick an easy FG.

3rd and 1, you're driving - and you try a double reverse??? WTF?

3rd and long at the 11, with a chance to make it a two score game with not much time left, and you let your rooking QB pass it into the flat so it can be picked off? Granted, the Cowboys didn't capitalize on this miscue, but it lost the game for the Bills because it stopped Lindell from hitting an easy FG and making it an 11 point game.

Horrible play calling when the Bills had their last possession and went BACKWARDS 20 yards.

And what about trying to COVER the down and out?? What else can the Cowboys do? How in the [censored] do you concede 8 YARDS, thereby giving Folk a very makable kick?

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Fire Jauron and Fairchild NOW.

It certainly was an entertaining game, I'll give 'em that! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

PokerFink 10-09-2007 04:36 AM

Totally agreed Dom. I always thought Jauron was a [censored] coach in Chicago. Looks like things haven't changed.

34TheTruth34 10-09-2007 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

trying a 54 yd. field goal with a minute left in the 1st half - either go for it on 4th and 4 or coffin kick he ball so Dallas can't kick an easy FG.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was literally standing and screaming at the TV when this is going on. I just knew that this would cost us at least 3 pts and possibly 7 and I also knew right then and there that the points we were going to give up would be the difference in the game.

Also, we have one of the best punters in the NFL at downing it deep in the other team's red zone. Just awful. I mean, it's not that I think we had a chance to win the Super Bowl or anything, but this was just a devastating and unnecesary loss.

edit to add:

BTW, the Bills have lost 2 games this year in which they NEVER TRAILED!!!!!1!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

MacGuyV 10-10-2007 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And what about trying to COVER the down and out?? What else can the Cowboys do? How in the [censored] do you concede 8 YARDS, thereby giving Folk a very makable kick?

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Fire Jauron and Fairchild NOW.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can actually live w/ the FG attempt, the 3rd down pass & everything else...

This was inexcusable. He gives his coordinators lots of power, he's supposed to be a defensive coach. What purpose does he serve if he can't call time out or do whatever he has to do to defend the most obv. play ever? In his press conference he basically said they were conceding the 50+yd fg because they had to defend "other options". Of course no reporters had the guts to ask what these mysterious options were. As far as I can tell all of these other options Dallas had involved losing the game.

As for Fairchild, I've taken it easy on him. But I think if Evans can catch Newman from behind which he did on the int, maybe it's not the worst idea ever to take a shot deep in single coverage? I dunno, maybe that's crazy.

This is what you get when you hire on the cheap though.
Ralph lives - we get a 3rd rate team.
Ralph dies - the team moves.
It's a [censored] spot. I'm praying Gollasano buys the team but I haven't heard any rumors about that.
The draft can't get here fast enough. It's going to be weird rooting for Miami to win some games - go Cleo Lemmon!