Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Commercials that make you NOT buy the product (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=479290)

westhoff 08-16-2007 05:38 PM

Commercials that make you NOT buy the product

Does anyone else get ridiculously angry at stupid [censored] commercials? These Sonic commercials are driving me insane. These three douchebags are so stupid and annoying that they make me consciously not go to Sonic.

The Titleist NXT commercials with that weird Scottish guy are almost as bad.

Anyone have commercials they hate so much that they don't ever buy the product?

Dids 08-16-2007 05:39 PM

Re: Commercials that make you NOT buy the product

The Sonic commercials rule you are wrong.

4_2_it 08-16-2007 05:41 PM

The one from the headache be gone stick company, where the man/woman says "XXX, I hate your commercials, but I love your product."

KotOD 08-16-2007 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else get ridiculously angry at stupid [censored] commercials? These Sonic commercials are driving me insane. These three douchebags are so stupid and annoying that they make me consciously not go to Sonic.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so far off here that you should be in BBV4L.

For me, it's Vitamin Water. About 10 years ago my dad told me that soon the admen were just going to make commercials that yelled at the viewer and told them to buy their stuff. 10 years later Vitamin water is doing this, and it's freaking annoying. No, I will not try your water, I will now drink Sobe water. Bitches.

Los Feliz Slim 08-16-2007 05:43 PM

KotOD,

Holy electric Moses do I hate those commercials.

gumpzilla 08-16-2007 05:43 PM

http://foo.ca/wp/wp-content/uploads/...4/headon01.jpg

DrewDevil 08-16-2007 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Love those commercials and love that the 2 main dorks were in Stranger than Fiction, basically standing around the IRS office and shooting the [censored] like they do in the commercials.

[ QUOTE ]
The Titleist NXT commercials with that weird Scottish guy are almost as bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's John Cleese, a legend of comedy. Agreed that the commercials aren't great, but you might cut him a little slack.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone have commercials they hate so much that they don't ever buy the product?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will never, ever, ever buy any Dr. Scholl's products after those "gellin' like a felon" abortions.

XXXNoahXXX 08-16-2007 05:45 PM

This Quiznos commercial

Six Flags old guy

Flea Market Montgomery MAKES ME WANT TO SHOP THERE

XXXNoahXXX 08-16-2007 05:46 PM

DrewDevil,

"Gellin' and Zinfandelin'"

Los Feliz Slim 08-16-2007 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I will never, ever, ever buy any Dr. Scholl's products after those "gellin' like a felon" abortions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those commercials make me want to buy shoe inserts.

toss 08-16-2007 05:47 PM

The Six Flags Old Guy makes me want to go RIGHT NOW!

Dudd 08-16-2007 05:53 PM

I'm sort of attracted to the women in the Sonic commercials, and I'm a little scared by that. Is there something wrong with me?

MissT74 08-16-2007 05:54 PM

Saw the title, thought of "Head On", see 2 other posts about it.

So damn annoying.

T

KotOD 08-16-2007 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KotOD,

Holy electric Moses do I hate those commercials.

[/ QUOTE ]

They tilt me instantly. which amuses my two year old.

DrewDevil 08-16-2007 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DrewDevil,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm seriously thinking of fighting you now.

Sponger. 08-16-2007 05:55 PM

Skittles Beard
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9ZUJNgwlfY

Rick's Rolls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

Sponger. 08-16-2007 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DrewDevil,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're so not gellin

fluorescenthippo 08-16-2007 06:04 PM

those old quiznos commercials with the talking animal saying "we love the subs" or something. i will never eat there because of that annoying bastard

mason55 08-16-2007 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Rick's Rolls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

[/ QUOTE ]

i hoped so badly that this would be real [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

-zero- 08-16-2007 06:11 PM

I have no idea what Aflac sells, but after hearing that retarding [censored] duck 100 times during baseball games I'm sure as [censored] never giving them a penny.

Dids 08-16-2007 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
those old quiznos commercials with the talking animal saying "we love the subs" or something. i will never eat there because of that annoying bastard

[/ QUOTE ]

You disrespect a sponge monkey in public again and we will have words sir.

WE HAVE A PEPPER BAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

grando 08-16-2007 06:13 PM

the only commercial that instatilts me is the Mothers Against Drinking and Driving commercial where the baby just cries the whole commercial

now I drink and drive like a machine

gumpzilla 08-16-2007 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what Aflac sells, but after hearing that retarding [censored] duck 100 times during baseball games I'm sure as [censored] never giving them a penny.

[/ QUOTE ]

That AFLAC campaign has gotta be a textbook example of hugely successful advertising. They've gotten themselves substantial brand recognition for a product that people seem to know little about, which I imagine is a pretty big edge.

Bostaevski 08-16-2007 06:16 PM

Ok this one is kinda old school but there used to be those shampoo commercials for Pert(?) and the guy would stand there with one half of his head lathered up with Pert and the other half lathered up with the "leading brand" and then he'd say
"This side of my head tingles so I know it's doing something"

And i was like WTF? you know what else would tingle? BATTERY ACID

suzzer99 08-16-2007 06:17 PM

Eating in a car is one of those gross necessary evils in life that you should try to avoid and never be proud of. Your food doesn't digest well because of the angle and inability to move around. Not to mention that it's horrible preservative-sugar-fat-laden fast food. I just think of those sonic burgers festering in those people's colons, and the farts that must be bursting out of there.

Not to mention they're generally horrible people. Yay, let's eat in a car, get filth all down in the nooks and crannies where it will never come out, and be dicks to each other. Wheeeeee!

Ugh, I seriously can't eat Sonic after watching those commercials.

mason55 08-16-2007 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok this one is kinda old school but there used to be those shampoo commercials for Pert(?) and the guy would stand there with one half of his head lathered up with Pert and the other half lathered up with the "leading brand" and then he'd say

And i was like WTF? you know what else would tingle? BATTERY ACID

[/ QUOTE ]

so you're saying i should put battery acid in my hair?

Los Feliz Slim 08-16-2007 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the only commercial that instatilts me is the Mothers Against Drinking and Driving commercial where the baby just cries the whole commercial

[/ QUOTE ]

There's an anti-drug commercial in which a puppy asks a teen to stop smoking pot that infuriates me.

gumpzilla 08-16-2007 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Selsun Blue. I recently went to a costume party dressed as that guy, with shaving cream in my hair instead of shampoo. I left a trail of foamy devastation everywhere. Sadly, this was not a gumpzilla original idea for a costume.

Bostaevski 08-16-2007 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

so you're saying i should put battery acid in my hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously.

I mean since it tingles it must be good for you

DrewDevil 08-16-2007 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That AFLAC campaign has gotta be a textbook example of hugely successful advertising. They've gotten themselves substantial brand recognition for a product that people seem to know little about, which I imagine is a pretty big edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read an article about this and it's in the running for the most successful campaign in TV ad history. Aflac had a name recognition of less than 5% when they started and now it's close to 95%, and their profits have gone up tremendously, though I can't remember the exact numbers.

Also, I really like some of them, especially the Yogi Berra/barbershop one.

grando 08-16-2007 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's an anti-drug commercial in which a puppy asks a teen to stop smoking pot that infuriates me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dog: Hey Lindsay
Lindsay: .....
Dog: I don't like it when you smoke pot - you're totally different. I want my friend back...
Lindsay: .....([censored] am I high right now?!?)

DrewDevil 08-16-2007 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DrewDevil,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're so not gellin

[/ QUOTE ]

These are fighting words. Stay clear of me.

Aloysius 08-16-2007 06:23 PM

ahaaahha

Slim, maybe you should take the dog's advice?

-Al

suzzer99 08-16-2007 06:25 PM

Those Carl's Jr. commercials, where the people make a big mess in the convenience store or wherever totally did not make me hungry. Or the one where the guy eats the onion burger then drinks a whole bottle of mouthwash and spits it out on the ground. Yummmm.

suzzer99 08-16-2007 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dog: Hey Lindsay
Lindsay: .....
Dog: I don't like it when you smoke pot - you're totally different. I want my friend back...
Lindsay: .....([censored] am I high right now?!?)

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes me sad. Poor dog.

skunkworks 08-16-2007 06:30 PM

My eyes tingle when I use this battery acid to lubricate my contacts... that's how I know it works!

Emmitt2222 08-16-2007 06:36 PM

Ug, I am searching relentlessly, but can not find the exact commercial I want.

They were a series of commercials for men's deodorant which just showed men trying to put on sloppy deodorant. One kid was using gloves on his hands and just slopping it all over his arms. Maybe someone else will remember this. Anyway, I was so repulsed that for the first time ever I vowed never to buy that product out of principle. I also have a weird aversion to underarms though.

BuckyK 08-16-2007 06:37 PM

Skittles Sour commercial where the guy is getting milked. It's disguisting, and tilts me when I watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG0zDltjL_o

The cell phone commercials where the parent and the kids argue with eachother, but say the opposite of what they would "normally" say to each other. [censored] off Verizon/cingular/t-mobile. Not all kids talk to their parents like [censored], cause if they did they'd get smacked up side the head.

The commercial where everyone starts yawning. If I had more than one TV in my house I'd throw my shoe through the screen every god damn time it comes on.

Any anti-smoking/anti-drug commercial. It doesn't work [censored]. Now they all suck, go back to the 80's when they were at least entertaining.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Elr5K2Vuo

Dids 08-16-2007 06:46 PM

I have a fundamental dislike of any commercial that hinges on the permise that the avg consumer is too dumb to do (insert really simple task here).

So yeah, I'm pretty much never buying one of those egg cookers/knife sets/etc they sell on TV.

The only commercials that ever make me buy stuff are the ones with food. (fact: the JITB breakfast steak burrito thing is asstasstic)

foureightsuited 08-16-2007 06:47 PM

For those of you in LV:

Peoples Auto Center
Annoying blonde sisters yelling back and forth to eachother

"Point me to Peoples"
"Point me to Peoples"
"Point me to Peoples"
"Point me to Peoples"
ad nauseum

instalifetilt