Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   position stats, etc. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=479221)

vmacosta 08-16-2007 04:22 PM

position stats, etc.

felt bad about hijacking x2ski's thread so here is some responses to questions/comments about my stats in that thread:

Can somebody please tell me what is reasonable w$wsf? I have no idea. Is it correlated with WR or more with playing style?

Also, can somebody tell me an easy way to see if I'm winning more than my fair share of big pots?

As far as the other showdown #s go:
-I play in slightly more pots and showdown in slightly higher percentage of those pots than most people here. So, since I post the same amount of blinds, I think it follows that I don't have to win as high a percentage of these pots to eek out a win. (in other words, w$wsf seems like a more relevant winrate-related parameter)
-I c/r from the BB a ton
-I probably 3-barrel a bit more than most too.
(I'm trying to work in some more passive play oop, but its not comfortable so I have to get used to it.)
-I call and/or bet the river when I know I'm beat too much

I only have like 40k hands on this db and 20k of those hands are from 2-4 and 7+ handed and/or not from 5/10-15/30 6max. In previous dbs I had similar winrates at slightly lower average limit but my game has constantly evolved (for better or worse) so its hard to compare.

Here is position stats in case anybody still cares...time to change my stars screename lol...

http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/8...onstatslt8.jpg

yourface 08-16-2007 04:31 PM

Re: position stats, etc.

you open a lot of hands UTG [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

vmacosta 08-16-2007 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you open a lot of hands UTG [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yourface,
I generally follow a pretty rigid set of guidelines for raising utg and i haven't seen anybody present evidence that any of these hands are losers.

Oink 08-16-2007 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and i haven't seen anybody present evidence that any of these hands are losers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]vma

sethypooh21 08-16-2007 05:11 PM

I'm almost certain your W$WSF is not sustainable.

(well, if you're going to run 43/45 at SD I guess it might be.)

I dunno, I think you are probably playing overly laggy and running good. Maybe post the Misc stats thing so we can see your hand distributions? Given my experience with playing you, my intuition is that your are getting there somewhat above mean in big pots with OESD/FD type hands.

Seether 08-16-2007 05:20 PM

His w$wsf is a bit high but not really too too out of wack, my past 100k hands im running at 45.5% w$wsf

Oink 08-16-2007 05:25 PM

Why do you guys care about w$wsf?

If every flop is seen 6 ways then a w$wsf at 17 is pretty good. If every flop is seen 2 way then a w$wsf at 45 is pretty bad.

There is no way of knowing when your w$wsf is good or bad if you dont know the average number of players pr flop!

sethypooh21 08-16-2007 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you guys care about w$wsf?

If every flop is seen 6 ways then a w$wsf at 17 is pretty good. If every flop is seen 2 way then a w$wsf at 45 is pretty bad.

There is no way of knowing when your w$wsf is good or bad if you dont know the average number of players pr flop!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well we play similar styles in a similar game, and mine holds pretty steady close to about 45, though I get to SD less (40.5/51ish). Winning 5% more pots you enter is a HUGE difference. (basically it's like every hand you play is suited...)

yourface 08-16-2007 05:52 PM

my summer of 5/10 and 10/20
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/4885/325pl9.png
it looked prettier before the 250BB downer I'm trying to work my way out of

[edit: the stats I had here included HUHU, and they show up in the pic anyways]

FSBTS = 82%
FBBTS = 44%

yourface 08-16-2007 05:54 PM

I think I fold my SB to a steal too much. I'm going to try coldcalling more with good IO hands when there are already coldcallers

I think that I'm pretty nitty from position 2, but I table select well so it's usually wrong for me to raise weak offsuit hands in that spot.

I only have 2300 hands from position 2 but I:
don't always raise A9o
don't always raise AXs where 3<=x<=5
don't always raise KTo
don't raise K8s
sometimes fold JQo
don't always raise Q9s
don't raise TJo
don't always raise J9s
don't always raise T9s
usually raise 55
sometimes raise 44

thoughts on that?

milesdyson 08-16-2007 06:03 PM

this is approximately your opening range UTG:

66+,A4s+,K7s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T9s,A8o+,KTo+,QTo+,JTo

edit: this is vmacosta's range, not yourface's. sorry for confusion.

yourface 08-16-2007 06:12 PM

edited my other post before I saw yours, miles
you were pretty damn close but I'm even nittier than you expected

also I just noticed that I've played my button a whole lot more than any other position. sweet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

vmacosta 08-16-2007 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is approximately your opening range UTG:

66+,A4s+,K7s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T9s,A8o+,KTo+,QTo+,JTo

edit: this is vmacosta's range, not yourface's. sorry for confusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Miles, that's not quite right. More like:
33+,A4s+,K9s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T9s,98s,A8o+,KTo+,QJo

I really need to change my screen name now. is it possible on stars?

vmacosta 08-16-2007 06:56 PM

yourface,

if you wanna post stats in my stat thread you have to at least filter the same way [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Plz filter for 5-6 handed, I am interested in how our stats compare but I don't wanna think aboutthe differences btwn 3 handed and 6 handed.

milesdyson 08-16-2007 07:15 PM

i dont see your sn [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Tryptamean 08-16-2007 07:28 PM

I think his sn is vmacosta

x2ski 08-16-2007 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
felt bad about hijacking x2ski's thread...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't feel bad at all dude... It didn't bother me one bit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

vmacosta 08-16-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm almost certain your W$WSF is not sustainable.

(well, if you're going to run 43/45 at SD I guess it might be.)

I dunno, I think you are probably playing overly laggy and running good. Maybe post the Misc stats thing so we can see your hand distributions? Given my experience with playing you, my intuition is that your are getting there somewhat above mean in big pots with OESD/FD type hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gosh, sethypooh, I never meant to suggest i wasn't running good in this sample. I guess I never shoulda posted the resultscuz i dont care that much cuz i already said i have been playing 200k winning hands of poker and dont think im very good and fear that a huge correction is ahead. Anwya, bc you asked, i dunno how to figure out just how good im running but here's the misc tab, feel free to describe your methodology...

http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/1497/misctabcw3.jpg

Tryptamean 08-16-2007 08:07 PM

I downloaded that PokerEV software that calculates your sklansky bucks vs real bucks and plugged in part of my database. It really didnt make any sense until I figured out that it was written for NL. However, there was some mention in a thread somewhere about getting some useful info out of it for limit. Has anybody done this?

sethypooh21 08-16-2007 09:11 PM

Oh, I never meant to suggest that you aren't a winning player - my comments are in the context of what I see as an unsustainably high W$WSF for 6 max.

As far as ditributions of hands, I remember a post from back in the day talkin about reasonable percentages for both being dealt and winning with various hands (one pair, flush, etc...) except I can't find it... and this from the sticky isn't the post I remember.

Also, resend me the hand swap files, the attachments didn't come through in your email...

vmacosta 08-16-2007 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, I never meant to suggest that you aren't a winning player - my comments are in the context of what I see as an unsustainably high W$WSF for 6 max.

As far as ditributions of hands, I remember a post from back in the day talkin about reasonable percentages for both being dealt and winning with various hands (one pair, flush, etc...) except I can't find it... and this from the sticky isn't the post I remember.

Also, resend me the hand swap files, the attachments didn't come through in your email...

[/ QUOTE ]

trypt, sethypooh,
there was a post or two by krishna, i think, involving figuring out whether you're running good. too lazy to look right now, sry.

sethypooh21 08-17-2007 02:20 AM

I feel a little bad about this one, because if not for this thread, I probably fold PF:

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG :#A500AF(vmacosta)/ raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG :#A500AF(vmacosta)/ caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">vmacosta bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, vmacosta calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">vmacosta raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, vmacosta calls.

River: (12.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, vmacosta calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 5d 5c (straight, five high).
vmacosta has Ad Ks (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 14.50 BB. </font>

vmacosta 08-17-2007 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel a little bad about this one, because if not for this thread, I probably fold PF:

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG :#A500AF(vmacosta)/ raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG :#A500AF(vmacosta)/ caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">vmacosta bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, vmacosta calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">vmacosta raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, vmacosta calls.

River: (12.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, vmacosta calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Hero has 5d 5c (straight, five high).
vmacosta has Ad Ks (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 14.50 BB. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the best you can do, sethypooh [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]? at least i had a friggin pair that hand.

My god, I was playing so tilty and crappy tonight it makes that hand look like a piece of cake. there was a hand where i capped pf, went three bets on a kc6h2c flop, and capped the turn when it came a rag club. i thought i had acjc for some reason. i think i was hallucinating cuz i had aj no club. the river went check/check after i finally realized what i had. the funniest thing is that the villain had tc9x and rivered a pair of t's for the win.

til then i though i had a chance of getting untilted and playing my way out of the hole i dug but that hand pretty much ended all that nonsense.

sharpie 08-17-2007 04:09 AM

lol I hate when that happens.

sethypooh21 08-17-2007 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A mistake I've made several times is thinking that 86o is either 66 or 88 for some reason. Which leads me to do idiot [censored] like

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($200)
Button ($31)
SB ($200.90)
Hero ($375.05)
UTG ($211.90)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $2, MP calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $31</font>, SB calls $30, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $375.05</font>, UTG folds, MP folds, SB folds.

Flop: ($441.05) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: ($441.05) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($441.05) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $97

Hero has 6d 8h (two pair, eights and sixes).
Button has 9h 9d (one pair, nines).
Outcome: Hero wins $97. </font>

vmacosta 08-17-2007 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

here's the hand. oh well i guess i can chalk it up as an image play [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

PokerStars 10/20 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

River: (16.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

Hero has Js Ad (high card, ace).
Button has Td 9c (one pair, tens).
Outcome: Button wins 16.25 BB. </font>

timoK 08-17-2007 08:04 AM

why do you (based on stove results) 3-bet 55 out of SB vs an sane thinking 2+2 villain?

sharpie 08-17-2007 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why do you (based on stove results) 3-bet 55 out of SB vs an sane thinking 2+2 villain?

[/ QUOTE ]

2+2ers must be [censored] with.

mvoss 08-17-2007 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

trypt, sethypooh,
there was a post or two by krishna, i think, involving figuring out whether you're running good. too lazy to look right now, sry.

[/ QUOTE ] I think this is it.

vmacosta 08-17-2007 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 52.742% 52.21% 00.54% 1399868712 14380440.00 { 33+, A4s+, K9s+, QTs+, JTs, T9s, 98s, A8o+, KTo+, QJo }
Hand 1: 47.258% 46.72% 00.54% 1252838472 14380440.00 { 55 }

I think this is good enough reason--it's only a fold if im a chezlaw tighty.