Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   The semi-fatties that want to lose weight (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=476924)

hanster 08-14-2007 12:47 AM

The semi-fatties that want to lose weight

Here we gather: the semi-fatties.

Original weight-loss thread:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post11623433

So I want to get toned and lose about 10~15 more lbs and start working out. In the weight-loss thread several have displayed an interest as well. I'm 5'8" at 163 lbs and looking to get somewhere around 150. Anyone else would like to start up an accountability bet or anything?

Oh btw, in case you haven't already, check out kyleb's Health & Fitness forum. It has some information on weight-loss and working out. (I figured to post here because it'll get more traffic)

kyleb 08-14-2007 01:35 AM

Re: The semi-fatties that want to lose weight

woo hoo a shoutout thanks

siccjay 08-14-2007 04:13 AM

I too am 5'8'' and 165-170. Yet, I am way too lazy to get to 150.

chh 08-14-2007 06:04 AM

I'm.. uh... 6' and weigh around 175, want to get back down to around 160 but university is closed for summer and thus almost no access to sport and I cant get my ass up to just go out and run so meh... cant do much more than eat healthy and go slow and wait for better times atm I guess :P (lame excuses ftl)

mason55 08-14-2007 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm.. uh... 6' and weigh around 175, want to get back down to around 160 but university is closed for summer and thus almost no access to sport and I cant get my ass up to just go out and run so meh... cant do much more than eat healthy and go slow and wait for better times atm I guess :P (lame excuses ftl)

[/ QUOTE ]

man that sounds so skinny. i'm 6'1" 175 and I have a little chub and almost no muscle. i've been 160 before and pretty much everyone i talked to mentioned how skinny i was.

also, there's a whole variety of body weight exercises you can do in the comfort of your own home that are just as good as weights.

hanster 08-14-2007 10:58 AM

Cmon Siccjay!

Chh,
Yea running is really really boring imo but I've been running for the past two weeks and I feel pretty good about it, being able to keep up and all. At least i won't gain weight until school gym opens again.

[ QUOTE ]

also, there's a whole variety of body weight exercises you can do in the comfort of your own home that are just as good as weights.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pray tell, along with how you got a pair of such pretty eyes.

mason55 08-14-2007 11:02 AM

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/legpower.htm

Start there for lower body.

For upper body, you've got your standard pushups. Then you can move your hands all over the place to work different muscles. Learn to do hand stands then hand stand pushups. Learn to do a planche. You can do pull ups/chin ups anywhere by folding a towel over over a door.

Check out the book The Naked Warrior for more.

My eyes in that picture are 100% natural(ly photoshopped)

kyleb 08-14-2007 11:11 AM

Never Gymless is also a good book on the subject.

BTW this is a great product:

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/02001.html

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/3148/0200fwgd2.jpg

Fast Food Knight 08-14-2007 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My eyes in that picture are 100% natural(ly photoshopped)

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Is the dude in your avatar YOU?

mason55 08-14-2007 11:22 AM

haha no that's marky mark!!!

i posted a picture of me somewhere in bbv4life that i airbrushed and photoshopped

Fast Food Knight 08-14-2007 11:29 AM

Link? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Pretty please

mason55 08-14-2007 11:46 AM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

React1oN 08-14-2007 11:54 AM

If those were real that would be insane.

Snafu'd 08-14-2007 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Never Gymless is also a good book on the subject.

BTW this is a great product:

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/02001.html

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/3148/0200fwgd2.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]
Add another vote of praise for Never Gymless. I've been doing the 50 day routine out of it and it is kicking my ass! The great thing about it is you don't need a bunch of fancy workout equipment or even a gym to complete the exercises. Also, here is a website that has instructions on how to build some of your own home gym equipment. I built this pullup bar for a little more than $20 and it has worked great.
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...0205/chin1.jpg

DrewDevil 08-14-2007 12:00 PM

Wow, I'm 6 feet and when I get below 180, people tell me I'm too skinny. Why do you want to weigh 160? Are you going after the Brad Pitt/Fight Club/emaciated look?

Anacardo 08-14-2007 12:04 PM

I'm 5' 10.5" and 168 lbs. I have lovehandles and a slight gut. I have weighed below 160 pounds and still had them. It is a goddamn travesty.

katyseagull 08-14-2007 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I'm 6 feet and when I get below 180, people tell me I'm too skinny. Why do you want to weigh 160? Are you going after the Brad Pitt/Fight Club/emaciated look?

[/ QUOTE ]

The emaciated look is in for guys and girls [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

CatfishKing 08-14-2007 12:50 PM

Im really lazy, does anyone have any experiences with electronic muscle stimulation and products such as https://www.asseenontvnetwork.com/vc...xtrial/365940/

Apparently the slendertone flex is only one of 3 stimulation products approved by the FDA. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro...le_Stimulation

CappyAA 08-14-2007 12:54 PM

I'd get in on this. I'm 6'1", 215 lbs. I have a very good base of muscle, but I have some fat covering it. I'd like to get down to 190-200 lbs.

Fast Food Knight 08-15-2007 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm I'm pretty sure you rejected my friend request.

chh 08-15-2007 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

man that sounds so skinny. i'm 6'1" 175 and I have a little chub and almost no muscle. i've been 160 before and pretty much everyone i talked to mentioned how skinny i was.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh well, it's mostly that I developed quite a big belly because those 15lbs mostly gathered there, and it seems like some of my muscles also transformed into fat, so I'm more voluminous now...
I could do almost no sport for half a year now because of glandal fever / pfeiffer fever /kissing disease thingy, so I feel terribly out of shape. (and my gf agrees :P)

mason55 08-15-2007 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm I'm pretty sure you rejected my friend request.

[/ QUOTE ]

whaaat. pm me a link to your myspace i almost never reject friend requests, i must've thought it was spam

fluffpop62 08-16-2007 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The emaciated look is in for guys and girls [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

which is a travesty; i hate the way skinny guys look . . . i think a healthy extra 10 lbs is wayyy sexier then a super-toned body. a super-toned body implies to me that the guy is obsessed with working out and semi-psycho, a little chub tells me he's relaxed and enjoys life and all of it's pleasures (booze and burgers!). of course, i do like toned arms/pecs, i just don't really like ripped abs.

guids 08-16-2007 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

which is a travesty; i hate the way skinny guys look . . . i think a healthy extra 10 lbs is wayyy sexier then a super-toned body. a super-toned body implies to me that the guy is obsessed with working out and semi-psycho, a little chub tells me he's relaxed and enjoys life and all of it's pleasures (booze and burgers!). of course, i do like toned arms/pecs, i just don't really like ripped abs.

[/ QUOTE ]

guys, fwiw, this is a the biggest crock of [censored] girls love to often repeat to tell dudes to make them seem "laid back".

fluffpop62 08-16-2007 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

guys, fwiw, this is a the biggest crock of [censored] girls love to often repeat to tell dudes to make them seem "laid back".

[/ QUOTE ]

...actually i don't know anyone who agrees with me on that...i thought i was pretty unique in that opinion. and next time you want to put words in my mouth, i suggest making them at least a little more eloquent. you're slacking, dick.

guids 08-16-2007 03:39 PM

Tons of girls say this, and its rarely true. Im not putting words in your mouth....Im just translating.

Fast Food Knight 08-16-2007 03:46 PM

I see where Fluff is coming from.

Toned abs are super hot, but 99% of the guys I've met with your stereotypical "perfect" body were either insufferable narcissistic douchebags who gaze at themselves in every reflective surface, or someone who has or has not yet come out of the closet.

So a pudge may not carry a positive connotation but a perfect body CERTAINLY carries a negative one... for me at least.

DING-DONG YO 08-16-2007 03:51 PM

I'm 5'9", 225, 38 inch waist. Am I semi-fat or just fat? Everyone thinks I weight 20 lbs less than I do. Maybe I carry it well, or they're just lying.

Shadowrun 08-16-2007 03:53 PM

Wow you must really carry it really well. It might be just in my imagination you sound pretty big (though your a daddy so its okay), im 5'8 and 150-160.

guids 08-16-2007 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Toned abs are super hot, but 99% of the guys I've met with your stereotypical "perfect" body were either insufferable narcissistic douchebags who gaze at themselves in every reflective surface, or someone who has or has not yet come out of the closet.

So a pudge may not carry a positive connotation but a perfect body CERTAINLY carries a negative one... for me at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

right, which is why I called it a crock of [censored]. Fluff said she is not attracted to super ripped guys, i call BS. Shes not attracted to teh pre-conceived notion of what she thinks they will be like personality-wise

If you have two guys with teh same personality, same humor, same everything, except one guy is ripped, and one isnt, no chick is ever going to choose the guy who isnt ripped.

I eloquently called what fluff said a "crock of [censored]" for this reason.

yes, you may think it implies that a guy is narcissistic, and yes in some cases it does (not as much as perceived imo), but you are saying you arent attracted to the narcissistic tendencies, NOT the actual bodies.

moral of the story, be ripped, and dont be a narcissistic douche.

DING-DONG YO 08-16-2007 03:56 PM

see, 5'8" 150-160 sounds tiny as hell to me. I'm loling at most of the guys in this thread that want to lose weight.

I definitely don't feel as fat as I am, if that makes any sense. Maybe my self-image is warped.

Fast Food Knight 08-16-2007 03:57 PM

Ding-Dong Yo,

Do you have any pictures? We could be the judge

DING-DONG YO 08-16-2007 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ding-Dong Yo,

Do you have any pictures? We could be the judge

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, good point thrrr. I might PM a few to you and Shadowrun as I don't want to post them publicly.

Actually, some unbiased honest (but not mean of course) "DDY, ur fat dude, lose some weight" comments might help to motivate a N.

secretprankster 08-16-2007 04:01 PM

I think it's basically that they know the super in-shape dude will always look at them as fat.

Fast Food Knight 08-16-2007 04:02 PM

PM is fine, whatever you feel comfortable with.

snes chalmers 08-16-2007 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

right, which is why I called it a crock of [censored]. Fluff said she is not attracted to super ripped guys, i call BS. Shes not attracted to teh pre-conceived notion of what she thinks they will be like personality-wise

If you have two guys with teh same personality, same humor, same everything, except one guy is ripped, and one isnt, no chick is ever going to choose the guy who isnt ripped.

I eloquently called what fluff said a "crock of [censored]" for this reason.

yes, you may think it implies that a guy is narcissistic, and yes in some cases it does (not as much as perceived imo), but you are saying you arent attracted to the narcissistic tendencies, NOT the actual bodies.

moral of the story, be ripped, and dont be a narcissistic douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever you need to tell yourself to justify the 'roids.

mason55 08-16-2007 04:22 PM

what was your old account?

guids 08-16-2007 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what was your old account?

[/ QUOTE ]

john spartan

Thremp 08-16-2007 04:26 PM

guids,

I think a good way to translate it would just be replace guy with girl and sub in large breasts for "toned pecs and arms" and you're there.

As an aside, why does anyone just want to lose weight to become skinny fat?

guids 08-16-2007 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
guids,

I think a good way to translate it would just be replace guy with girl and sub in large breasts for "toned pecs and arms" and you're there.

As an aside, why does anyone just want to lose weight to become skinny fat?

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo.