Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   6 handed video (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=476086)

baronzeus 08-12-2007 11:45 PM

6 handed video

i feel like my 6 handed game has deteriorated majorly recently. if i post a vid of 6 handed play will you guys watch it? im on like a 350BB dowswing 6 handed id be broke if i wasnt better 2-4 handed

Victor 08-12-2007 11:54 PM

Re: 6 handed video

lol, ppl half as good as you actually charge monthly to watch their vids.

PartyGirlUK 08-12-2007 11:57 PM

PPl will def watch it and comment, especially if u provide audio analysis as u go on......I think you play really well and are likely just running really bad but would take a look.

MarkD 08-12-2007 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol, ppl half as good as you actually charge monthly to watch their vids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, and true.

baronzeus 08-13-2007 12:04 AM

hah alright well im gonna go buy a microphone and do this [censored] sometime this week

its just really frustrating to lose every time 6 handed then have the game break and paly for like 2 hours HU to make it back

hoppscot22 08-13-2007 02:11 AM

ill check it out even though you pwn me

geormiet 08-13-2007 02:44 AM

How can you be good at 4 handed and bad at 6 handed? When you have J9s utg, or on the button with 66 vs. utg raise are you like oh no what do I do? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It's all the same poker...

Anyway it seems more likely to me that you just happen to be running bad while playing 6 handed. And yes there would be interest in a video.

Isuckatpokah 08-13-2007 11:06 AM

thats variance too, i run like god hu and suck 3handed, i am sure its not because i play 3handed so much worse...

-XeroX

Trix 08-13-2007 01:39 PM

He may be too laggro 6 handed if he doesnŽt adjust enough, there is a huge difference on 4 handed and 6 handed imo.

Trix 08-13-2007 01:40 PM

IŽll probably watch it, but my limit game might be a bit rusty.

Flintoff 08-13-2007 02:06 PM

I would love to watch it.

baronzeus 08-13-2007 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He may be too laggro 6 handed if he doesnŽt adjust enough, there is a huge difference on 4 handed and 6 handed imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

no its quite the opposite i assure you, if anything im far too passive

Scary_Tiger 08-13-2007 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no its quite the opposite i assure you, if anything im far too passive

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

dangerfish 08-13-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PPl will def watch it and comment, especially if u provide audio analysis as u go on......I think you play really well and are likely just running really bad but would take a look.

[/ QUOTE ]

Running bad. If it is anything else I would be shocked and I'm not sure I even like you.

Victor 08-13-2007 03:06 PM

when i played with you, you seemed to play almost exactly like i would. thats proly bad.

joker122 08-13-2007 05:31 PM

i recently sustained a 750bb downswing at roughly the same limits you play. 350bb? that's a laughable amount and you know it...

baronzeus 08-13-2007 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i recently sustained a 750bb downswing at roughly the same limits you play. 350bb? that's a laughable amount and you know it...

[/ QUOTE ]

joker, i dont think ive had a downswing more than 300BB since last year

gemmer 08-13-2007 08:08 PM

So you ran good since last year.. I know you'll probably have lower variance than most of us because you're tighter preflop. But 350bb in highstakes shorthanded LHE games is indeed a laughable amount. How many hands are we talking about btw?

I'd like to see the video and comment on it, good luck.

baronzeus 08-13-2007 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you ran good since last year.. I know you'll probably have lower variance than most of us because you're tighter preflop. But 350bb in highstakes shorthanded LHE games is indeed a laughable amount. How many hands are we talking about btw?

I'd like to see the video and comment on it, good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

its over like my last 3 or 4K hands, not 100% sure

and i dont really think its laughable. its a lot of BBs imo

PartyGirlUK 08-13-2007 08:29 PM

Its a lot of BBs but if you chop down your play in every way possible you're gonna lose a bunch of BBs in one way. Like if I chopped my play down I might find I'm on a 500bb downswing on Tuesdays, or my winrate is twice as high on the 5th of the month as on other days or or..........

geormiet 08-13-2007 08:35 PM

man who say 350 bbs is laughable? that's like a risk free bankroll for soft games.

joker122 08-13-2007 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i hadn't had one bigger than 300 in my entire career until last month. it's so easy to be oblivious to how sick variance can be until it happens to you.

joker, i dont think ive had a downswing more than 300BB since last year

[/ QUOTE ]

joker122 08-13-2007 10:38 PM

i messed up the formatting in that last post. it was supposed to read:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] joker, i dont think ive had a downswing more than 300BB since last year

[/ QUOTE ]

i hadn't had one bigger than 300 in my entire career until last month. it's so easy to be oblivious to how sick variance can be until it happens to you.

PokerBob 08-13-2007 10:48 PM

i'd watch that [censored].

Entity 08-14-2007 02:56 AM

I'd love to watch it and chat over AIM about any Q's I had.

Rob

donger 08-14-2007 04:19 AM

I would like to watch and comment. I actually IM'd you today to talk some poker if you're interested.

Guy McSucker 08-14-2007 07:30 AM

I would definitely want to watch it, but knowing me I would not get around to it.

Dave Mac 08-14-2007 12:17 PM

i agree i think that more and more people dismiss big and huge downswings to just welp that is lhe not a big deal. that is not to say hey it will never happen, you will never have a downswing but to dismiss it is just stupid.
dave

donger 08-14-2007 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree i think that more and more people dismiss big and huge downswings to just welp that is lhe not a big deal. that is not to say hey it will never happen, you will never have a downswing but to dismiss it is just stupid.
dave

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just thinking this. How big of a BR do you have to have for 750BBs to be No Big Deal? And where do you draw the line?

joker122 08-14-2007 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dave

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just thinking this. How big of a BR do you have to have for 750BBs to be No Big Deal? And where do you draw the line?

[/ QUOTE ]

i never said 750bb wasnt a big deal. i said 350bb wasn't a big deal. and i'll say it again: 350bb is NOTHING. and still, 750bb is not really indicative of anything besides how sick variance can get. to give you a better idea: even after that absurd downswing i am still beating 50/100 and 1/2 at a rate of 1.4bb/100 for 130k hands. additionally, hock_ sustained an even larger ds (his was ~900), and he is a +1bb/100 winner at 1/2 over a TON of hands (like at least half a mil). here are two threads that might knock you all off your high, variance free horses: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...6492&page=

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...ue#Post10293919

also, the limits i am referring to (50/100 and 1/2+) have alot to do with it. many will never experience a ds of this magnitude if they never decide to play higher than 15/30 or whatever (i agree that a downswing of more than, say, 600bb at those limits is cause for concern). but at the higher limits, the insanely aggro play combined with a razor thin edge one is trying to exploit can lead to downswings that are unimaginable until they happen to you.

baronzeus 08-14-2007 03:46 PM

joker some people (everyone) plays a lower variance style than doughnutz, comparing me to him is just ludicrous, he would agree w/me 100%

also 350BB is not nothing, does it surprise you that schneids (who has a very similar style to me) also has only had one or two similar downswings in his career? no, it shouldnt, variance is really style dependent

vmacosta 08-14-2007 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

also 350BB is not nothing, does it surprise you that schneids (who has a very similar style to me) also has only had one or two similar downswings in his career? no, it shouldnt, variance is really style dependent

[/ QUOTE ]

this strikes me as misleading.

Have you actually compared your stdev/100 with hock? I would have thought that it might be at least within 25% (not knowing anything about either of you, just that personal style is much less important than game style).

Or are you arguing that there are things other than WR and SD that goes into how long a sustained downswing can run.

donger 08-14-2007 04:14 PM

I'm not on some high, variance-free horse. I don't play too nutso of a style and also dont play higher than 25/50.

I'm just wondering, is it really that sound to encourage people to grit down and just try to weather these big downswings? That might work for you, but a lot of people start playing way worse after even 300 BBs. I'm just saying, how much is enough to start wondering if your play or the game conditions have changed and you havent adjusted properly? If 750BBs isn't enough, it seems like someone could be saying "LOL VARIANCE" all the way to the bottom.

I'm not hating here, just curious..

gaming_mouse 08-14-2007 04:41 PM

plz post immed baron

sethypooh21 08-14-2007 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
plz post immed baron

[/ QUOTE ]

Heisenb3rg 08-15-2007 01:03 AM

Dont persuade him that its just bad luck.

Downswings are great times to find holes in your game and improve. It's prety much never good to write it off as variance... Sure you dont need to climb to the top of mount delhi and go on a spirtual journey involving hallucinagins, talking to yoga masters/oracels... But posting on 2+2 "I dont think im playing well, help me analyze my game" is nothing but healthy. ALL winning players should do this. A downswing is the perfect motivaton.

I wouldnt be surprised if THE biggest problem of most high stakes players is ego. After winning for so long, and so consistantly .. How can losing be anything but variance? Many posters on these forums reek of it.

The worst that can happen is he can find no holes and reasure himself that hes playing well... Im sure hes a rational person and will reject advice he sees as bad.

I hope you find a hole in your game baron.... Im sure its there.

casellaKid 08-15-2007 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
additionally, hock_ sustained an even larger ds (his was ~900), and he is a +1bb/100 winner at 1/2 over a TON of hands (like at least half a mil).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hock never had a 900 BB downswing. I laughed at that thread. Dean gives the obvious explanation for that in a previous post.

joker122 08-15-2007 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
additionally, hock_ sustained an even larger ds (his was ~900), and he is a +1bb/100 winner at 1/2 over a TON of hands (like at least half a mil).

[/ QUOTE ]

Hock never had a 900 BB downswing. I laughed at that thread. Dean gives the obvious explanation for that in a previous post.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh...it's not like hock filtered for tuesdays and such. it shows it clearly in his graphs.

casellaKid 08-15-2007 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
uhh...it's not like hock filtered for tuesdays and such. it shows it clearly in his graphs.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Not only that, but even during the downswing I was actually beating the 200/400 and 50/100 games. It was only the 100/200 game that I was losing in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuesday filter might have been more meaningful.

JacksonTens 08-16-2007 12:52 AM

Dude I was on a 350bb slider 4days ago and now I'm even, SH is wickety Whack! Keep a tiff upper lip champ!

btw I will watch a video and PM you my thoughts but only if we can be friends? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

JT