Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   AA no hearts against three hearts on turn, opponent bets 1/2 pot (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=474537)

CmnDwnWrkn 08-10-2007 08:08 PM

AA no hearts against three hearts on turn, opponent bets 1/2 pot

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($49.50)
UTG ($50)
MP ($32.55)
Button ($25.60)
SB ($26.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4.5</font>, MP calls $3.

Flop: ($8.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, MP calls $6.

Turn: ($20.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $10</font>, Hero???

Thoughts on how to best play Turn please...

Shaqalicious 08-10-2007 08:12 PM

Re: AA no hearts against three hearts on turn, opponent bets 1/2 pot

i'm torn between b/f and c/f.. but either way.. fold

Shaqalicious 08-10-2007 08:14 PM

yeah, the more i think about it, i like a b/f

your check is allowing him to bluff at that pot and you don't know if you're laying down the best hand

humP 08-10-2007 08:16 PM

b/f? Just b/c all-in, easily.

Pants Optional 08-10-2007 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
b/f? Just b/c all-in, easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

I HAS ACES

NOOO THEY BE STEALIN MY ACES

vixticator 08-10-2007 08:20 PM

I think you should have bet the turn, 3bet pot. Flush or straight draw on flop should be a little bit less of his range than middle pairs, AK, AQ, or w/e. He doesn't have much behind so I would bet like $12 and call shove. Move in on any non heart river, I'd reluctanly check-call a heart since he'd only have ~10 left. I'd expect him to fold the turn bet most of the time though.

As played I would move in here. He's got $12 left and almost has to call with anything here except total air.

humP 08-10-2007 08:21 PM

He has 30$ stack and has like one pot size bet left... There's no reason to put villain for a flush as he most often doesn't have one so just bet and get his stack. Bet/folding here is atrocious and check/folding is weaaaak and he can bet so many worse hands here even for value.

CmnDwnWrkn 08-10-2007 08:22 PM

My thinking on checking was I didn't want to commit myself with that board. And there are other possibilities beyond a flush, such as sets

What do you think would be a good bet size? 3/4 pot and I'm pretty much committed...

CmnDwnWrkn 08-10-2007 08:25 PM

yeah, i probably did give him too much credit for a flush

my thought on checking is that he would likely check after if he didn't have a flush with that board. or should i not assume this?

vixticator 08-10-2007 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my thought on checking is that he would likely check after if he didn't have a flush with that board. or should i not assume this?

[/ QUOTE ]I would think most players are betting JT+, 88+ with one heart, or AK/AQ with one when you check. Assuming you c-bet here a whole lot and end up c/fing turn when called, I don't think many players are checking behind. It's pretty obvious that you are worried about the heart so he should be betting here.

L'ennemi. 08-10-2007 08:33 PM

you played it like you had AK...
I believe that without reads, his range can be pretty wide here.
I call the turn, cf a heart river, and shove everything else.

Blake Kyles 08-10-2007 08:36 PM

I'm also betting the turn. There are plenty of other hands that you beat here, I don't see why you should be so scared of the flush. If you want to get tricky, you might even check the turn with the intention of pushing if he bets. Just give him the opportunity to bluff at the pot, but either way I don't think I'm folding.

KEW 08-10-2007 08:39 PM

SHOVE and if you are beat re-load and be thankful villain was a short stacked donkey...MAny hand are in his range here and you CAN NOT give this short stack a free card..

SirFelixCat 08-10-2007 08:57 PM

I hope and pray that you checked the turn for the ONLY reason being that you planned to induce a bluff from shorty so that you can crai, right?

If not, checking the turn here is pretty wretched. Props to Shaq for being the first to answer and putting his neck out there, but I strongly disagree w/ his fold sentiment. It's a 3bet pot and villain is a monkey. If he has some BS flush, so be it. Reload and you'll get it back eventually, with interest.

Just because the scare card comes does NOT mean we let off the pedal. If we do, it allows villain/monkey to bluff us off the better hand FAR too often. Please learn from this.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Pants Optional 08-10-2007 09:05 PM

i guess its bad that i c/f here pretty often then, though im not at 50NL, at 10NL. every draw got there

Pants Optional 08-10-2007 09:07 PM

and i get minraised 80% of the time i bet there. id rather see a cheap showdown

SirFelixCat 08-10-2007 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i guess its bad that i c/f here pretty often then, though im not at 50NL, at 10NL. every draw got there

[/ QUOTE ]

The main question I have for you is what do you think he called the 3 bet with?

Pants Optional 08-10-2007 09:10 PM

about anything that he wuold raise with

wooziephantom 08-14-2007 04:02 AM

Yeah, checking the turn here is horrible imo.. Ur basically telling ur opponent that ur scared of the hearts and gives him a great opportunity to bluff it. Either fold or push as played, he's commited nonetheless... Maybe a fold is best as this hands played

tarheeljks 08-14-2007 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
about anything that he wuold raise with

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you assume that this is the case? i hope it's not b/c you do.