Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   25Nl - My first poker video (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=474126)

yntm3 08-10-2007 09:46 AM

25Nl - My first poker video

Hi everyone,

This is new for me, but I thought it might be a good idea to post a video of me playing and get some feedback from it. I have been having a transformation lately and really feel I am improving, but I'm undergoing some "growing pains" you could say, and still feel a sense of lacking. Hopefully this will remedy some of the problems.

Here's the link: The quality is a little bad, I was trying to make it sizable since I didn't want to make it too large, but gave up some quality in the process. Enjoy the Australian accent!

Poker Video - NL25

Please be completely honest (even brutal for some slight humor). I am taking a little time off poker to REALLY knuckle down so hopefully you can give me some extra things to work on. Maybe you can list 3 elements of my game I could improve on, any leaks, or anything else that you think needs attention.

Cheers guys, very appreciative for anyone who takes some of their time to download and watch this.

P.S. If anyone is interested in joining myself and another dedicated player from Australia in our video exchange group, you are more then welcome. We more or less create videos for each other and swap them around and provide feedback as we go. Just express your interest in a PM and we'll go from there. Looking for about another 1 or 2 more players. We are by no means pros, but we are very dedicated and eager to improve.

pocketse7ens 08-10-2007 09:52 AM

Re: 25Nl - My first poker video

downloading

Nemesis69 08-10-2007 10:09 AM

downloading, will comment later

yellowbluebus 08-10-2007 10:24 AM

For me VLC has no audio, can't identify the audio codec and WMP doesn't have the video only audio.

yntm3 08-10-2007 10:27 AM

Hmm okay, I open mine in Media Player Classic.

What codec should I be making my videos next time?

yellowbluebus 08-10-2007 10:30 AM

yntm3,

I am probably an exception. As long as it works for the rest of those who download it I don't think you need to worry about using a different codec. I'll trying updating VLC and see if it makes a difference.

Nemesis69 08-10-2007 10:42 AM

I'm having the same problem as yellowbluebus. yntm3 which codec did u use?

yntm3 08-10-2007 11:06 AM

Default settings in Camtasia.

Video Codec: TechSmith Screen Capture Codec
Colors: High Color (16-bit)
Frame Rate: 6

yellowbluebus 08-10-2007 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Default settings in Camtasia.

Video Codec: TechSmith Screen Capture Codec
Colors: High Color (16-bit)
Frame Rate: 6

[/ QUOTE ]

This helps: http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp
Play it with WMP.

Frosteater 08-10-2007 01:29 PM

Nice video. I really couldn't spot much you could play better in my opinion (which doesn't have to mean much).
At times I thought you were a bit too tight/passive. For instance I would have open raised 98s from the cutoff, maybe 3bet a bit more or tried to steal more. But what do I know, you were sitting down at very passive tables and really thought your decisions through, explained it well and it all seemed very plausible to me. Especially the AJ vs AT situation, nice hand.

If you insist on giving you areas to improve on, my take would be try to be a bit more aggressive preflop and maybe 3bet a bit more often. Although I don't see how much more you could have profitably done that in that session, since there were a few tricky spots. Like AQo oop vs the TAG and 22 from the blinds vs the loose-passive player. But maybe a few hands would have been easier with the momentum on your side on the flop.

On another note I really liked your short post-session routine in Poker Tracker. I'm horribly lazy in that area and it's nice to see someone include this into the video as an essential part of the session, especially since you kept it short and easy. This is really helpful for more inexperienced players like myself - no more excuses for not having a post-session routine.

cubase 08-10-2007 01:59 PM

The first thing I've noticed is that you aren't taking notes on your players. You figured your opponent for KQ on the AxxK board when you held TT.

Both players showed down their hands (A4s and KQs I believe), but you took no notes about how they played it.

Definitely should have noted that the KQ guy checked the A flop into a 3-way pot then weak lead the turn when the king hit.

Then more notes go on the looser player... he checked the flop and the turn with his A but called the turn bet and checked the river. Very passive!

Looking around the tables you have pretty decent sample sizes on a lot of these guys (200+ hands), but I don't see any note indicators. After this many hands, you should have a ton of notes on all of these players, unless these are just datamined hands.

Will watch more later, but the biggest thing I see right now is lack of note taking (you finally take some notes on your QQ hand that you folded when the guy shows JJ).

ontiltsoon 08-10-2007 03:28 PM

***GRUNCH***

Just saw 22 minutes of the video, planing to see the rest later.

Here are my thoughts on some hands:

Minute 1:35 table Drexel

SB vs BB Raise K9s for value

Minute 6:33 table Drexel

Fold 22 OTB there is no set value

Minute 7:35 Table Leroy

I would have made a PSB On the wet flop

Minute 18:13 table Stadler

Nice call with JJ, I would felt every time vs that guy

Minute 20:26 table Stadler

Villain is a Donk raise him preflop to build a pot in position with a hand that is probably ahead of his range.

Ouch he had aces :P

ontiltsoon 08-10-2007 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
***GRUNCH***

Just saw 22 minutes of the video, planing to see the rest later.

Here are my thoughts on some hands:

Minute 1:35 table Drexel

SB vs BB Raise K9s for value

Minute 6:33 table Drexel

Fold 22 OTB there is no set value

Minute 7:35 Table Leroy

I would have made a PSB On the wet flop

Minute 18:13 table Stadler

Nice call with JJ, I would felt every time vs that guy

Minute 20:26 table Stadler

Villain is a Donk raise him preflop to build a pot in position with a hand that is probably ahead of his range.

Ouch he had aces :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Minute 27:20 Table Drexel

I would repop with AT against that guy with a 25% atempt to steal

Minute 37:54 Table Gatewood

I would have c-bet representing the A

Minute 42 table gatewood

I would have raised 98s

I think you could steal and three bet a bit more, but if you have been runing bad it's unconscious to cut some high variance moves.

Edit to say: Good work, keep posting nice videos!!!

yntm3 08-10-2007 11:56 PM

Thanks for the comments guys. I normally play very aggressive post-flop stealing 35%+ of the time, but I really think it's impossible on these guys of tables.

I am uploading the same video in .wmv format. Better quality and bigger resolution and only 80mb. I will update this thread when it's finished.

Thanks again for the comments, I'm taking everything on board so keep them coming.

Cheers.

17-4PH 08-11-2007 12:02 AM

I literally fell out of my seat when you folded QQ at 9:00. You are way ahead of his range here. With queens, I usually will go all the way preflop at these levels unless I'm facing a raise, rr, and another rr.

yntm3 08-11-2007 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I literally fell out of my seat when you folded QQ at 9:00. You are way ahead of his range here. With queens, I usually will go all the way preflop at these levels unless I'm facing a raise, rr, and another rr.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is bad advice. Against short stacks, fine. ^^

17-4PH 08-11-2007 12:16 AM

What's the difference if it's a shortstack or a fullstack? You'll still be getting your money in ahead most of the time here.

fozzy71 08-11-2007 01:09 AM

Just downloaded and started to watch a little bit.... I like your cards.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You should try some of the darker tables, for classic view, by Everlong.. at the ftp mods wiki page.

Also, I have made the options buttons grayshade, and various colors for the action buttons. Let me know if you need any help modding any of the other items.

L'ennemi. 08-11-2007 01:18 AM

i justr watched the fisrt minutes...
yeah I think you can be more aggressif and play more hands, especially in late positions.
At one point you raise 9-5of hearts from the CO, that's marginal at best. However you fold 7-4 diamond otb with one limper. that's a better spot (the hand is rougly the same but you will be on postion against one the limper and can probably Cbet 100% of flops and show a profit.(and let's be results oriented he you would have flopped a flush )
Raise K-9 in the smal blind for value..
you said at around 3:30 pocket 44 in the small blind calling is definitively the way to go: there are two limpers raise and try to pick up the dead money or win by c bet the flop
and it biuld the pot for the times when you do flop a set..playing for set value in a limped pot has little value
you're choosing the low risk strategy..not the most profitable
and if you get called by the whole table it gives you a better feel of the tables, how they react to your moves
you don't get a feel of the tables by playing passively.
I think you have to punish the limpersa little more
oh and like the first hand limped pot with you have second pair of queens , it is checked down to the river and sb makes a pot sized bet, you're good more than33% here it's an easy call, not a lot of money, but why not take it?

yntm3 08-11-2007 01:34 AM

Here is a link to a better version to anyone who wants to download it now: http://www.mediafire.com/?0yoeck7bmxy

ontiltsoon 08-11-2007 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the difference if it's a shortstack or a fullstack? You'll still be getting your money in ahead most of the time here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you also push with a 200BB stack? Sure not!

Real scenario: He raises to $1.25 yo raise to $4 he pushes to $24.05 Pot is $28.30 yo have to call $19.80. You are getting 1.43 to 1 Pot Odds. 1/1+1.43 = 0.41 x 100 = 41% we have to win 41% of the time to make it profitable. Villain Is unknown at the moment so he has to me pushin more tha QQ+ AKo and AKs to make it profitable.

40BB scenraio He raises allin to $10 you have to call $6 for a $14.25 pot thats 2.37 to 1 you have to win the pot 29% of the time to make it profitable. So even if he just pushes with KK+ , AKo and AKs it's profitable to call.

Hope it's easy to understand if anything is not correct PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

17-4PH 08-11-2007 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Real scenario: He raises to $1.25 yo raise to $4 he pushes to $24.05 Pot is $28.30 yo have to call $19.80. You are getting 1.43 to 1 Pot Odds. 1/1+1.43 = 0.41 x 100 = 41% we have to win 41% of the time to make it profitable. Villain Is unknown at the moment so he has to me pushin more tha QQ+ AKo and AKs to make it profitable.

40BB scenraio He raises allin to $10 you have to call $6 for a $14.25 pot thats 2.37 to 1 you have to win the pot 29% of the time to make it profitable. So even if he just pushes with KK+ , AKo and AKs it's profitable to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you are saying and I agree with you. But that wasn't my point. I'm saying that I would call in the spot if he had a fullstack or a shortstack because of your equity. At 100nl and above, maybe 50nl, I'd lay it down. But here I seriously think that the standard microdonk will shove TT+, ATo+, ATs+. This gives you 61% equity. Only if he was very tight here(QQ+,AK,AKs) you have 40.2% equity and you have to fold. However I think that the players at these stakes tend to be way more loose than they are tight, which makes this an easy call IMO.

ontiltsoon 08-11-2007 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you are saying and I agree with you. But that wasn't my point. I'm saying that I would call in the spot if he had a fullstack or a shortstack because of your equity. At 100nl and above, maybe 50nl, I'd lay it down. But here I seriously think that the standard microdonk will shove TT+, ATo+, ATs+. This gives you 61% equity. Only if he was very tight here(QQ+,AK,AKs) you have 40.2% equity and you have to fold. However I think that the players at these stakes tend to be way more loose than they are tight, which makes this an easy call IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe I'm wrong togive unknowns the benefit of a doubt :P

yntm3 08-12-2007 04:28 AM

Hi guys. Played 2 hands today that I thought were interesting. What do you thinking about them?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (http://www.legopoker.com http://www.legopoker.com/hh)

SB: $32.05
Oasis123 (BB): $25.00
UTG: $26.25
CO: $11.80
BTN: $11.50

Preflop: Oasis123 is dealt 9c Kc (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, BTN folds, SB calls $0.15, Oasis123 checks
We see a free flop in BB.

Flop: ($1) 8d 9d 9h (4 Players)
SB checks, Oasis123 bets $1.10, 2 folds, SB calls $1.10
May as well just bet out here and try and start building a pot. We get someone to tag along, cool. He check/called.

Turn: ($3.20) Jh (2 Players)
SB bets $2.50, Oasis123 calls $2.50
Villain now decided to bet out in the midst of a scary board. He can be playing almost anything since his complete in the SB tells us very little. I can't say that I'm exactly worried here but for some reason or another I decided not to make a turn raise. If I raise turn I get value from 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 9T, 9Q, probably JT (might fold out though). I'm only worried about 88 and A9 so perhaps a turn raise could be an option.

River: ($8.20) As (2 Players)
SB bets $4.00, Oasis123 calls $4.00
I just call him down. Thinking I may have missed some value but still not too sure where I can improve this...

Pot Size: $16.20 ($0.80 Rake)

SB had 9s Th ([9s Th] three of a kind, Nines) and LOST (-$7.85)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (http://www.legopoker.com http://www.legopoker.com/hh)
Might have botched this one up pretty badly - hehe.

SB: $19.25
BB: $45.00
UTG: $6.60
CO: $28.00
Oasis123 (BTN): $44.30

Preflop: Oasis123 is dealt Qd Kd (5 Players)
2 folds, Oasis123 raises to $1.00, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75
Standard raise on the button here.

Flop: ($3) Ah Qh 6d (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, Oasis123 checks
Never liked c-betting into 2 players, but I have a hand so here's my mistake I think.
Turn: ($3) As (3 Players)
SB bets $1.25, BB folds, Oasis123 calls $1.25
Less likely that he now has an ace, but I just call and try and get to a showdown.

River: ($5.50) 6s (2 Players)
SB bets $5.50, Oasis123 folds
Uncalled bet of $5.50 returned to SB
He spams the pot button and we have to fold our hand. I thought for a moment that I under represented my hand and could be good, but I opted to just fold it and move onto the next hand.

----------------------------------------------