Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Small earthquake in LA right now 1am (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=473108)

omegadan 08-09-2007 04:08 AM

Small earthquake in LA right now 1am

Did anyone in LA feel a small earthquake about 5 minutes ago? I live in Van Nuys and it felt like a magnitude 3 to me. I could hear it rumbling and feel it and it shook my flimsy desk.

Anyone else in LA have the same experience?

aladare 08-09-2007 04:11 AM

Re: Small earthquake in LA right now 1am

not really- at the south bay beach but i was driving...did feel something- good to know what that was tho...you're up by northridge fault...lemme know if there's any after shocks.

Aukai 08-09-2007 04:13 AM

It was a 4.5 centered near Chatsworth. Scared the hell out of me (in Brentwood), at least at first.

http://quake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Maps/119-34.html

mmbt0ne 08-09-2007 04:14 AM

I'm in Westwood and had no idea what that was but I definitely felt it.

Vyse 08-09-2007 04:15 AM

Felt nothing, in Pomona.

Popinjay 08-09-2007 04:19 AM

Felt it near LAX for sure. Gave my chair a good rumbling. I was also enjoying a nice cigar* at the time which made the moment really funny.

*:)

ApeAttack 08-09-2007 04:23 AM

In OC... didn't feel anything.

Tron 08-09-2007 04:23 AM

WTF, I'm near USC and I felt nothing, I've been waiting all this time to feel an earthquake, too [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Mauricio Wilson 08-09-2007 04:27 AM

I felt in Brentwood. It only lasted a few seconds.

ApeAttack 08-09-2007 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
WTF, I'm near USC and I felt nothing, I've been waiting all this time to feel an earthquake, too [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

don't worry... the big one is coming soon.

DeezNuts 08-09-2007 04:37 AM

I felt it in Hollywood. I asked my roommates if they did(they were in the next room) and they said they didn't.

I thought I was tripping.

microbet 08-09-2007 04:59 AM

I felt it in the south bay.

TurtlePiss 08-09-2007 05:52 AM

Felt it in Hollywood.

dlk9s 08-09-2007 07:51 AM

There was an earthquake in California? Whaaaaaaaaaatt?

Duke 08-09-2007 11:58 AM

Culver City - Was apparently pretty big according to my girlfriend. I was sleeping so I can't say.

This is the 8th Earthquake that I "should" have felt, but didn't feel a thing. The same is true for the other 7.

mmbt0ne 08-09-2007 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Culver City - Was apparently pretty big according to my girlfriend. I was sleeping so I can't say.

This is the 8th Earthquake that I "should" have felt, but didn't feel a thing. The same is true for the other 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, there's no way it was that big in Culver City because I'm just south of Wilshire and it just felt like the people upstairs were pushing a bed around. Only it was over the whole apt and lasted longer.

Aloysius 08-09-2007 12:53 PM

Did not feel it in Los Feliz. I was asleep though by then I think.

-Al

Duke 08-09-2007 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, there's no way it was that big in Culver City because I'm just south of Wilshire and it just felt like the people upstairs were pushing a bed around. Only it was over the whole apt and lasted longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps other things aren't really as big as she says they are either. There goes my self esteem.

GuyIncognito 08-09-2007 03:16 PM

Felt it in Beverly Hills.

wonderwes 08-09-2007 11:07 PM

For the people that live in Cali, you don't feel one day out of nowhere the big predicted quake will actually happen?

LonesomeFugitive 08-09-2007 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you mean the one prophecised to bring down most of the state to the bottom of the ocean, cripple the USA's economy + the world and just plain ruin America?

that one is way overdue!

Banks2334 08-09-2007 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For the people that live in Cali, you don't feel one day out of nowhere the big predicted quake will actually happen?

[/ QUOTE ]
And so what. If it happens it happens.

Tron 08-10-2007 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
you mean the one prophecised to bring down most of the state to the bottom of the ocean, cripple the USA's economy + the world and just plain ruin America?

that one is way overdue!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, is that the one to punish us for being tolerant of homosexuals?

uberoval 08-10-2007 12:56 AM

Keep shaking Cali, we'll have beach front property here in Az before you know it.

aladare 08-10-2007 01:22 AM

sorry Duke, the quake was not that big! Barely felt it, and it didn't shake much of anything! You should be happy she's with you and not ask questions.

ApeAttack 08-10-2007 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that one is way overdue!

[/ QUOTE ]

It will just move the land a little bit, but will cause a lot of damage... any day now.

ApeAttack 08-10-2007 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You could ask people who live in hurricane zones, tornado zones, flood plains, etc... the same question. At least we will be living in nice weather when the big one comes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

aladare 08-10-2007 01:45 AM

yeah, when the big one hits, Cali will just split off and become an island!