Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Brainstorming Group (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=472619)

degeneratedonk 08-08-2007 04:33 PM

Brainstorming Group

After playing MTT's for almost two years now I've come to the realization that recreational and amateur players of limited resources are at a huge disadvantage going up against the new breed of online players who are eating, sleeping, living and breathing online poker. They are spending untold sums to get better on sophisticated software programs, powerful new computers that can handle them, training resources, coaching etc. If this weren't bad enough they are winning and mercilessly wielding their big fat bankrolls to leave the rest of us in the harsh wake of their hyper-aggressive meta games. Some of them are even cheating.

With this in mind I have decided to take up an initiative to even out the playing field. I am convening a small group of dedicated MTT players to brainstorm ideas, exchange information on other players, sites, promos and bonuses, new technologies and poker tools and do whatever else might improve our take home. I'm seeking up and coming players (low and micro stakes ideally) in the same boat I am; of limited means and resources but spoiling for a fair fight.

Some of the specific issues we'll be exploring include using remote technologies to play on sites that currently prohibit American players and how to acquire the best training materials on the market as inexpensively as possible; I imagine that as a cooperative or syndicate we could gain access to some resources that would be cost prohibitive on an individual basis.

FWIW I play about 30 hours a week, the $3 rebuys mostly. My roll is about $1k and I'm looking to move up to stakes where I can make a decent income on the side. My game has to improve for that to happen.

We would probably AIM conference online weekly and do most of our correspondence by email. This will be a small group to start with, everyone accepted will be a partner. There is no cost.

If you would like to be contacted please post your AIM/MSN/Yahoo screenname in the thread or PM.

DaExMan 08-08-2007 06:14 PM

Re: Brainstorming Group

Hey somewhat interested need more info
sn daexman44 on AIM

Cjmunky2 08-08-2007 06:36 PM

Hey man, im def interested. Ive been looking for a group of dedicated guys to discuss this game with. My aim name is MaxPowerAA.

fsoyars 08-08-2007 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
powerful new computers that can handle them

[/ QUOTE ]

lol are you 60? have you seen how much impre1um makes? I bet his computer is REALLY powerful.

Sherman 08-08-2007 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am convening a small group of dedicated MTT players to brainstorm ideas, exchange information on other players, sites, promos and bonuses, new technologies and poker tools and do whatever else might improve our take home.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, the domain twoplustwo.com is already taken. Seriously though, aren't you really just asking for an MTT strategy forum like the one you are posting in now?

DaExMan 08-08-2007 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am convening a small group of dedicated MTT players to brainstorm ideas, exchange information on other players, sites, promos and bonuses, new technologies and poker tools and do whatever else might improve our take home.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, the domain twoplustwo.com is already taken. Seriously though, aren't you really just asking for an MTT strategy forum like the one you are posting in now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sherman
This forum has some excellent posters that know what their talking about but there are also a couple that think they know what they are talking about because they have ft'd a couple 4$ 180. I think that a group of 5-6 people (I have no idea how big of group he’s talking about) that you can trust and are eager to learn/understand poker theory will progress quicker. It will not be an alternative to posting here it will be another resource to complement this site.

creamfillin 08-08-2007 08:34 PM

You forgot to mention grizzly bears with laser eyes.

degeneratedonk 08-08-2007 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

degeneratedonk 08-08-2007 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
powerful new computers that can handle them

[/ QUOTE ]

lol are you 60? have you seen how much impre1um makes? I bet his computer is REALLY powerful.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what's out there, I'm not talking about Poker Tracker and Poker Office. And anyway you can't 12-table with a HUD on most machines.

degeneratedonk 08-08-2007 09:05 PM

I'll respond as soon as I can to all PM's, a little backed up.

fsoyars 08-08-2007 09:35 PM

But what if one of the ballers assumes a fake name, infiltrates your group, then goes and tells all the other ballers what you've been saying about them?

degeneratedonk 08-08-2007 09:38 PM

i'm weeding out ballers, we're not a public school.

chh 08-10-2007 04:20 AM

what's a baller? :P

degeneratedonk 08-10-2007 06:02 PM

the new breed of very young and reckless degenerate who plays way above his means and claims to party like a rock star with his variance.

Huggy 08-10-2007 06:44 PM

U failed to mention brain enhcanging super drugs these "ballers" have managed to get their hands on...

THE SWINES !

nbt23 08-10-2007 06:52 PM

hey degenerate...I find myself in the same boat you are in. I'm up about 4k online mostly from 1 big score, but only have about $1,000 online that I mess around with. I'm a college student also so I don't have as much time to play as others. Hit me up with some of the details...AIM=RDunn352

degeneratedonk 08-10-2007 08:20 PM

The "one big score" is what's eluded me, otherwise I could well be tearing up the felt at stakes I could make a living at. I steadily build up my roll each and every month multi-tabling the micros. This effectively lets me freeroll 3r's and up to $15 freezeouts and thankfully my losses in those haven't outpaced my EV in cash games.

I'm also hoping to satellite my way into a Sunday Million soon.. the FPP have been adding up since I made the move up from low micros to high micros.

I just need to bring one home. I'm getting closer each week, so I really think it's only a matter of time.

sledghammer 08-11-2007 03:23 AM

There's actually more info in the anthology than you could ever get reading the forums themselves. I'd suggest scouring that, and then posting hands you are confused on. Then recruit a large group of colluders to take over the 3r and BEYOND! Good luck.

degeneratedonk 08-11-2007 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There's actually more info in the anthology than you could ever get reading the forums themselves. I'd suggest scouring that, and then posting hands you are confused on. Then recruit a large group of colluders to take over the 3r and BEYOND! Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I think that's how a good number of these internet phenoms are taking them down.

sledghammer 08-11-2007 04:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I think that's how a good number of these internet phenoms are taking them down.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't doubt it, but I think at least a solid majority are not. Most of them are huge volume players that are pretty good. And you won't run into any of them until you get to at least 50$+ buyins. If you have the bankroll, and some talent, and run a huge volume, you can make a lot at mtts. It takes a LOT of volume though.

Edit: I don't know how naive I am, I didn't even know any more multi accounting was going on until action jeffs post.

degeneratedonk 08-11-2007 12:10 PM

"Most of them are huge volume players that are pretty good. And you won't run into any of them until you get to at least 50$+ buyins."

I thought that too until I ran into Annette_15 and Sheets in back2back 3rs.

There's a very close-knit group of folks on PXF who do very well in the rebuys on Stars. What's more curious is the fact these same players often assume ridiculous overlays by rebuying 20-30 times or more a session. Why would you spend so much on a buyin that you pretty much have to make the FT--in a field of 2600 no less--to merely break even? Is anyone really that good?

Huggy 08-11-2007 01:27 PM

Im a member on of PXF an i no what your talking about... Once i saw a post in the forums written by annette_15 on how she and other high volume MTT players use steam cells to improve there performance in MTT's.

MJBuddy 08-11-2007 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im a member on of PXF an i no what your talking about... Once i saw a post in the forums written by annette_15 on how she and other high volume MTT players use steam cells to improve there performance in MTT's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I need to get me some of them steam cells.

creamfillin 08-11-2007 01:43 PM

stem cells?

Sherman 08-11-2007 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stem cells?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's talking about Human Growth Hormone. It's widely known that a few top pros use it to improve their poker performance.

Fubster 08-11-2007 02:48 PM

Is this a giant level or is it just a bag of poop?

MJBuddy 08-11-2007 03:47 PM

http://www.giulianopapini.it/useraltre/105.jpg

degeneratedonk 08-11-2007 07:09 PM

stop trolling in my thread you little punk.

Huggy 08-11-2007 07:33 PM

Degeneratedonk may i ask whut ur plans are if one of these super ballers decide to wage cyber war against your study group?

I heard that sheets once killed a man and his whole family just because he sucked out on him (runner runner) on a FT.

Will there be a protection plan. I mean these ballers aren't just going to stand by as you uncover their secrets ? !

degeneratedonk 08-12-2007 05:17 AM

For those still interested in being a partner in Meta-Game Strategies Group, PM me or catch me on AIM (metagamestrategies@yahoo.com). First conference tonight 8PM EST. We have 15 now so the door is closing soon--probably take no more than 18.