Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Dan Harrington on Cash Poker...We buy his books? Watch this video. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=471211)

ArmenH 08-07-2007 01:35 AM

Dan Harrington on Cash Poker...We buy his books? Watch this video.

Dan Harrington , the legend. Check out his flop and turn line here......Why do we buy his books again? This makes Jennifer Tillys check behind with the 2nd nut boat not look so bad, lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr9cJFtftLQ

edfurlong 08-07-2007 01:39 AM

Re: Dan Harrington on Cash Poker...We buy his books? Watch this video.

Whats the buy in for that tournament?

deaders 08-07-2007 01:40 AM

what?

one person in this hand played it well and it wasnt david williams.

Claunchy 08-07-2007 01:44 AM

OP do you actually play poker?

WutRUTryin2Hit 08-07-2007 01:46 AM

DON'T YOU GET IT GUYS, HE SEMI-BLUFFED AND THEN LOST, HE'S AWFUL LOL. TURN IS A CLEAR CHECK-FOLD!

Armenh, thanks so much for bringing this to our attention, but please don't let us keep you from creating fake wikipedia entries as part of a big plan to pretend to be Prahlad Friedman.

ArmenH 08-07-2007 01:47 AM

Yea, I play poker. You think betting 15k into 6k on the turn when the worst card in the deck falls is a +ev line?

Russ M. 08-07-2007 01:48 AM

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/sucks10.gif

NozeCandy 08-07-2007 01:49 AM

Worst card in the deck?

DerrtySlime 08-07-2007 01:50 AM

what show is this

PinkMartini 08-07-2007 01:50 AM

Heads up for rolls OP?

Scary_Tiger 08-07-2007 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff?

A_C_Slater 08-07-2007 01:54 AM

David Williams must have put him on QT.

WutRUTryin2Hit 08-07-2007 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea, I play poker. You think betting 15k into 6k on the turn when the worst card in the deck falls is a +ev line?

[/ QUOTE ]

p.s. it is 14k, and just barely 14k, and the pot is 7550 on the turn. And whether J is worst card in the deck is completely debatable. And he's got like 33% equity minus fold equity, come on, this is FAR from the worst hand played on TV or even close. But nice try looking to make the overbet look bigger. Now go make some more horrible, horrible posts like your fake misclick one, or try to impersonate Prahlad some more.

mikech 08-07-2007 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this is just as stupid as the op. williams played it fine. i don't hate harrington's play but he certainly didn't play it "well."

Phresh 08-07-2007 01:57 AM

David Williams is such a fish. lol @ one of the best players in the world. Why are announcers such morons?

Lego05 08-07-2007 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well he's actually betting 14K into 8k. Any bet he made would tie him to the pot so he's maximizing his fold equity by shoving. And the J wasn't the worst card. There's almost no chance DW has a J there unless he has QJ or JJ, which I think is also unlikely. Think about it...he's calling that raise on the flop with second pair especially in a limped pot and against Dan Harrington who is very widely known to be a tight player.

Also I hate how DW played this hand. Did he really limp UTG with KQo? What's up with that?

deaders 08-07-2007 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff?

[/ QUOTE ]

the guy who open limped 25s or whatever it was ldo

ut2010 08-07-2007 01:59 AM

Dont make any more threads OP.

Compit 08-07-2007 02:09 AM

Jack wasn't bad because DW could have one. Jack was bad because it counterfeited two check raising hands DH could have had as the bb in an unraised pot.

Now he has the nuts, AQ or nothing. DH says I was hoping you had an ace. Lead into half the table with air on qj double suited flop? Cmon, Dan.

mikech 08-07-2007 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also I hate how DW played this hand. Did he really limp UTG with KQo? What's up with that?

[/ QUOTE ]
nothing wrong with this in a deep-stacked full ring cash game. depending on table lineup/dynamics it can just as easily be a limp, raise, or muck.

ragging on williams' play in this hand is retarded. harrington's overbet-shove on the turn looks like it doesn't want a call, williams put him on a draw and called with tpgk--in other words, this hand is completely standard.

KSOT 08-07-2007 02:15 AM

Dude DW was the 2nd best player in the world for a whole year! Deal with that.

Lego05 08-07-2007 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
nothing wrong with this in a deep-stacked full ring cash game. depending on table lineup/dynamics it can just as easily be a limp, raise, or muck.

ragging on williams' play in this hand is retarded. harrington's overbet-shove on the turn looks like it doesn't want a call, williams put him on a draw and called with tpgk--in other words, this hand is completely standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

You serious? I can't really tell how deep they are since they don't ever tell you blinds and the best I can tell he has like 18K and the best I can tell the bb is probably something like 100 so they are about 180 BB's deep to the best of my knowledge. That's not really that deep. And I wouldn't limp (I might raise it though and usually would if it were suited) KQ UTG at a 6max table here let alone full ring where it is a standard fold. If you can justify it to me somehow go ahead, but it would be a reverse implied odds nightmare. It's just absolutely terrible IMO.

ArmenH 08-07-2007 02:18 AM

6max live tables dont exist

Lego05 08-07-2007 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jack wasn't bad because DW could have one. Jack was bad because it counterfeited two check raising hands DH could have had as the bb in an unraised pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

It counterfeited Q4. What was the other one?

Lego05 08-07-2007 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
6max live tables dont exist

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure a high stakes player could find one if he really wanted.

But anyway I'm aware of that....What is your point?

mikech 08-07-2007 02:35 AM

williams isn't playing harrington heads-up; just because harrington is relatively short-stacked doesn't mean everyone else at the table is. williams probly has over 40k on the table. live games are generally more passive, so you can get away with limping more. so the m.o. in deep live games is to see as many flops as possible, make a big hand and stack someone for like 300bb's.

SNOWBALL 08-07-2007 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4Q obv

Compit 08-07-2007 02:38 AM

You win.

Lego05 08-07-2007 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

williams isn't playing harrington heads-up; just because harrington is relatively short-stacked doesn't mean everyone else at the table is. williams probly has over 40k on the table. live games are generally more passive, so you can get away with limping more. so the m.o. in deep live games is to see as many flops as possible, make a big hand and stack someone for like 300bb's.

[/ QUOTE ]

So to more correctly state what is going on: You have absolutely no idea about how deep they are playing and are just assuming that they are playing deep enough to allow limping a reverse implied odds hand like KQo from UTG at a full table? And I could be wrong, but I would think that you'd have to be much deeper than 300BB's to make that correct.

I also am not too crazy about DW calling Harrington's flop raise. DH's range has got to be polarized toward 44,Q4,QJ,Th9h,KhTh.......maybe with some other flush draws mixed in.

Phresh 08-07-2007 02:49 AM

lol how is KQo this huge reverse implied odds nightmare? He's not calling a PFRR with it, he's limping in a live, most likely passive, somewhat deep stacked game. Any decent player can get away from the hand either pre or postflop if there's trouble. Stop exaggerating the trappiness of KQo.

mikech 08-07-2007 03:04 AM

where did you get the notion that i have "absolutely no idea how deep they are playing"? watch the video. note the cash bundles, black $100 chips and yellow 1k chips. williams has at least 30k on the table to start the hand, many other players at the table have him covered.

and yes, you are very wrong: putting in 1bb with 300bb stacks to see a flop with KQo is fine. try to wrap your mind around the fact that not all game conditions are similar to the ones that YOU are accustomed to, it just might improve your play.

LonesomeFugitive 08-07-2007 03:08 AM

Why not post some videos from the WPT final table Harrington made, where he clearly outplayed everyone only to get unlucky not to win it.

Lego05 08-07-2007 03:11 AM

Alright I could be wrong. (By the way I do find it hard to tell but I only see 2 guys who look like they have 25K+) But I just don't see it. Obviously it can't be played with 1 pair so we're hoping for a KQx flop I guess.

And with a full table behind you I'd expect there has to be a pretty good chance of a raise. That can't be a call can it?

True I don't have much experience at live games, full ring games, or games deeper than 200 BB's. I still wouldn't think being 300BB's deep here is enough, but I'll admit that, that is nothing more than my intuition. I'd say I'd do some math and work it out except I won't since I doubt I'll ever find myself in this spot.

pete fabrizio 08-07-2007 03:25 AM

I think both of them played this hand fine. Not saying I would have necessarily made the same call David did, but I think he made it for good reason.

SmartBugger 08-07-2007 03:42 AM

The guy made a semi-bluff .... it failed. Obviously he didn't run in the nuts and the KQ had a tough choice to make. With that many people limping.... you are ALWAYS worrying about some odd 2 pair or a set.

Get over it ..... this isn't that bad of a play.

Sykes 08-07-2007 03:55 AM

Wouldn't a better play with Dan's hand to lead out on the flop to disguise his hand better?

How often would you check 2pair/44 in this scenario against 6 other people?

Bavid Denyamine 08-07-2007 04:37 AM

[ ] thread about admo

blainestar 08-07-2007 04:59 AM

This was far from awful but Harrington looked pretty weak on the turn. This whole thread was worthless until DHs comment after the hands were flipped up.... "I was hoping you had an Ace"

TilTandWiN 08-07-2007 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dan Harrington , the legend. Check out his flop and turn line here......Why do we buy his books again? This makes Jennifer Tillys check behind with the 2nd nut boat not look so bad, lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr9cJFtftLQ

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably felt his king was live so he was arround 40% to win in his mind. His shove will get people to fold hands like KQ a decent percentage of the time so the shove probably does become marginally +EV. HOWEVER I dont like his shove on the turn - when he c/r the flop it is very easy for him to rep Q J and he would look stronger IMO if he bet like 7,000 at the 8,000 pot. No one shoves the turn with a boat (unless they suck or are super good = ))

Noir_Desir 08-07-2007 06:57 AM

Watch the beginning, DW peeks at DH's holecards and therefore puts him on KTs.