Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   OOT - be gentle... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=470800)

suzzer99 08-06-2007 05:09 PM

OOT - be gentle...

I met a pretty hot Brazilian chick on the street today when she asked directions to the bank. I ended up giving her a ride the 6 blocks. I feel ok about some possibilities here for the following reasons:

a) She's new in town, so may want someone to show her around or just someone to know.

b) She rode in my 2007 FJ cruiser and badass stereo/Nav system. Not sure if she noticed the latter. But I think women are generally hardwired to size up stuff like that.

c) She's Brazilian, may need a visa. She is taking her pharmacy exam or something though, so I have a feeling she's ok in that department. Also she's smart and well-learned, so that is cool.

d) She was hot but not devastating. Definitely out of my league, but not like 5 levels out.

e) I managed to make a joke about US vs. Brazil electrical plugs that she laughed at. Shows I'm international and funny.

f) We managed to establish that she runs every day and I am doing my boot camp thing on the beach. At least it shows I'm trying to no be a fat POS. Obviously that's not going to make a huge difference if she's not into me. But I figure if she's on the fence, maybe it would be just enough to tip the scales in my favor.

g) She's not American. This seems to be some kind of base requirement for women to like me.

So... I ended up writing my phone number and email on a piece of paper and giving it to her. I was pretty proud of myself for at least being that forward. I really suck at this stuff. It just felt like asking for her # would be a little too invasive for someone I'd only known for 45 seconds or so. Sound ok?

Anyone think I have a chance in hell? Is giving her my # just guaranteed to fail? Should I have been more aggressive and asked for hers? What would Mystery do? (Paging Yugo 5... 4... 3... 2... )

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/5507/adsc0457la0.jpg
Fairly representative picture of me. Although maybe in a little better shape now.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7...utyweb1xe3.jpg
Ok, I searched the crap out of Google images to try to find a representative woman. This woman is probably a little hotter than my woman, but not by a lot. Maybe + .5. Unlike this girl, my woman had very little indigineous Indian in her though. Darkish skin, but mostly European-looking. She seemed late 20s-30. I'm 38, but don't look quite that old.

The really weird thing about all this is on page 12 of the google image search for "Brazil woman", up pops curtains' sister:

http://images.google.com/images?q=brazil...rt=198&sa=N

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/6...houlderom4.jpg

Los Feliz Slim 08-06-2007 05:11 PM

Re: OOT - be gentle...

[ QUOTE ]

e) I managed to make a joke about US vs. Brazil electrical plugs that she laughed at. Shows I'm international and funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Details pls.

mason55 08-06-2007 05:12 PM

this thread gets a 10/10 for bizarre

bisonbison 08-06-2007 05:13 PM

Sure you have a chance. Most girls like men.

tuq 08-06-2007 05:14 PM

suzzler,

Nice, but giving a number instead of asking for hers is pretty emasculating/non-PUA, no?

Also, I always thought that you looked like a young Phil Spector for some reason.

MrWookie 08-06-2007 05:14 PM

I think you probably blew it by giving her your number instead of getting hers. It's not like she's more likely to call some guy she's only known for a couple minutes than it is she'll let said guy call her and then only see him again if she feels like it.

BCtheVC 08-06-2007 05:14 PM

I think you should have just asked for her number instead of giving her yours. If she was feelin' it, she'd give it to you. If she wasn't interested, no more time wasted.

Edit: Wow, all posts about the same thing at the same time.

suzzer99 08-06-2007 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's bizarre about it?

suzzer99 08-06-2007 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Details pls.

[/ QUOTE ]

She was looking for an adapter for her hair dryer with a Brazilian plug. I said something to the effect of "oh you mean the wrong kind of plug" but wittier than that I swear, I just can't remember. She said something like "yeah your plugs are right and the rest of the world is wrong" in a very light joking way and I said "yeah" and we had a little laugh. It was very upbeat.

danzasmack 08-06-2007 05:19 PM

dude that chick is def not out of your league

Blarg 08-06-2007 05:19 PM

Holy cow

somethingstupid 08-06-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

So... I ended up writing my phone number and email on a piece of paper and giving it to her.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/7635/23465591kp0.jpg

somethingstupid 08-06-2007 05:21 PM

Holy crap, I post too slow.

EDIT: or everyone else is too fast

Nez477 08-06-2007 05:21 PM

Good thread anyway...

I think you did about as much as you could

Obviously asking for digits is a step up but at least you opened a door, amiright?

I find neither of the pics you found on google attractive though, and you aren't a horrible looking guy, so... my hopes for her actual beautiness intrigues me

Big Poppa Smurf 08-06-2007 05:22 PM

Well, I hope you get to bang her to pieces suzzer!

suzzer99 08-06-2007 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

So... I ended up writing my phone number and email on a piece of paper and giving it to her.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/7635/23465591kp0.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean they're both bad, or that e) was good and I should have asked her #?

Trust me the plug joke went over well. The last hot girl I managed to get a cold date with (about 5 years ago [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]), I actually made a Risk (the game) joke. ONLY because I wasn't even thinking about hitting on her. And it worked. Chicks need to have a nerdy sense of humor if I'm going to have any chance whatsoever.

Steven_Q_Erkel 08-06-2007 05:24 PM

Electrical plug jokes are OK if you're looking to impress a Brazilian, I would have made a South America kidnap/ransom joke though and locked the doors right before she tries to get out and laugh etc. Being new in town makes giving her your number a good idea, you don't come off as too aggressive and if she's hurting for friends you're her go to guy...just keep your intentions clear since she'll most likely be looking to make a friend before anything else.

suzzer99 08-06-2007 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good thread anyway...

I think you did about as much as you could

Obviously asking for digits is a step up but at least you opened a door, amiright?

I find neither of the pics you found on google attractive though, and you aren't a horrible looking guy, so... my hopes for her actual beautiness intrigues me

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's hard because I barely got much of a look at her. She may even have been hotter. Maybe I was just subconciously trying to keep from getting a bunch "no chance" replies. I think the Brazil girl (first one) is pretty hot. But I like Asian-looking women. My woman smiled a lot though and had a nice smile.

The second woman is curtains' (a long time STTF poster) sister. I just thought it was weird to see her in there. Are they Brazillian? Maybe I should read the article.

Also I could tell she didn't have a cel phone on her. And as it turned out she said she hadn't gotten one yet. Could be a lie who knows. But I would have had to ask for her home #, which is a little tougher.

Georgia Avenue 08-06-2007 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's bizarre about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because its a standard clueless hows my play girl thread from a good poster who's usually pretty smart and jesus murphy you're 38! and you still have no clue not to give a chick your number, PLUS that first pic does not look good at all that chick looks like like a weird angry striking migrant worker, and then for no reason: another posters family member.

Is this message in code?

--GA

katyseagull 08-06-2007 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/7...utyweb1xe3.jpg
Ok, I searched the crap out of Google images to try to find a representative woman. This woman is probably a little hotter than my woman, but not by a lot. Maybe + .5. Unlike this girl, my woman had very little indigineous Indian in her though. Darkish skin, but mostly European-looking. She seemed late 20s-30. I'm 38, but don't look quite that old.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol Suzzer. You post a pic of a very grumpy looking, very Indian-looking girl and then tell us that your girl has no Indian in her. Please tell us that your girl isn't quite so grumpy looking either.

Slow Play Ray 08-06-2007 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that chick looks like like a weird angry striking migrant worker

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao, gold.

slickpoppa 08-06-2007 05:31 PM

The girl's who's pic you posted is disgusting by Brazilian standards

suzzer99 08-06-2007 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Electrical plug jokes are OK if you're looking to impress a Brazilian, I would have made a South America kidnap/ransom joke though and locked the doors right before she tries to get out and laugh etc. Being new in town makes giving her your number a good idea, you don't come off as too aggressive and if she's hurting for friends you're her go to guy...just keep your intentions clear since she'll most likely be looking to make a friend before anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can live with friend and try to work my way up. Hot girls are fun to have around. Plus meeting someone new, trying to be funny and charming, in hopes she'll come around, is better than no prospects whatsoever. IMO.

I did resist the urge to say something like "it's ok if you just want to be friends, no pressure or anything" like I probably would have in high school. Baby steps...

Slow Play Ray 08-06-2007 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The girl's who's pic you posted is disgusting by Brazilian standards

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah man i live in a city (town?) with a very large brazilian population, and let me tell you, most of them in the 18-30 age range are pretty smokin. that one ain't.

suzzer99 08-06-2007 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol Suzzer. You post a pic of a very grumpy looking, very Indian-looking girl and then tell us that your girl has no Indian in her. Please tell us that your girl isn't quite so grumpy looking either.

[/ QUOTE ]

This chick is trying to go for that bitch model look. I figured you guys could filter that out. Ok, gimme a sec. I'll try to find a better sample.

rhettoric 08-06-2007 05:34 PM

don't sweat looks. It's really all about chemistry (unless of course you're like deformed or something). How did she receive your digits? Did she say she'd call you?

It sucks that you didn't get her number but seriously, no one ever gets laid being shy. Kudos for at least getting another interaction possible. Brazilian girls are so hot. Can you dance at all, because it helps. I have my fingers crossed for you!

Oh, and if you mention poker, keep it positive. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

IronFly 08-06-2007 05:37 PM

suzzer,

Totally OT, but you strongly resemble a good friend of mine from college.

Also, ask girls for their number. Do not give them yours.

Imperialistic plug joke is money.

suzzer99 08-06-2007 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's bizarre about it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because its a standard clueless hows my play girl thread from a good poster who's usually pretty smart and jesus murphy you're 38! and you still have no clue not to give a chick your number, PLUS that first pic does not look good at all that chick looks like like a weird angry striking migrant worker, and then for no reason: another posters family member.

Is this message in code?

--GA

[/ QUOTE ]

Think of something you're really really bad at. And you know you're bad at it. That's me with women. Either I am on the worst female cooler ever, or I'm doing something really wrong. All I know is whatever I try doesn't work. Even on women who by all rights should probably give me a chance. I'm the Marty Shottenheimer of sealing the deal. (With women I mean. Marty Shottenheimer is the Marty Shottenheimer of sealing the deal.)

I've had one really good solid relationship in my life (with a woman who still wants to marry me and I probably would if I was smart). Other than that it's been a lot of dysfunctional crap, brief not-so-spectacular affairs, and a cornucopia of dates that turned into horrible unmitigated disasters for one reason or another. 3 or 4 of them could probably be movie scenes they were so bad.

Unless I'm in SE Asia, then like all Caucasian men, I am god.

Does that paint a clear enough picture?

tuq 08-06-2007 05:40 PM

suzzler,

I hear that women like cocaine. Discuss.

suzzer99 08-06-2007 05:43 PM

Still searching for a better sample. But in the meantime, here's what my woman will probably look like when she's 125:

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/737...8918017gx6.jpg

suzzer99 08-06-2007 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
suzzler,

I hear that women like cocaine. Discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but they also like it when your wee-wee doesn't shrivel up like a vienna sausage. Discuss.

suzzer99 08-06-2007 05:45 PM

Ok found a dead ringer. ha ha

http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/764...swomantxc6.jpg

somethingstupid 08-06-2007 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you mean they're both bad, or that e) was good and I should have asked her #?

Trust me the plug joke went over well. The last hot girl I managed to get a cold date with (about 5 years ago [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]), I actually made a Risk (the game) joke. ONLY because I wasn't even thinking about hitting on her. And it worked. Chicks need to have a nerdy sense of humor if I'm going to have any chance whatsoever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I originally meant they're both bad, but after reading your description I think it could have been fine. But good god man, you have to ask for her number.

katyseagull 08-06-2007 05:50 PM

Holy [censored]! Those three pics you posted are horrible. Suzzer, I think the problem here is you have very ridiculously low standards. How bad could your conversation be? You're really a pretty good looking guy.

suzzer99 08-06-2007 05:50 PM

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/2...518f060ez6.jpg

Ok, this probably isn't too far off. Although I think the girl in this pic is probably a little cuter than my girl, and maybe a bit younger. Both have European features with nice smiles though.

(Great, my work is going to think I'm searching for a Brazillian mail-order bride on company time.)

The Yugoslavian 08-06-2007 05:50 PM

suzzer,

Mystery only talks to 10s, ldo.

As for #, you need to do an exchange. There are two extremely easy and natural ways to do this.

1) Simply hand her your phone and wait for her to put her # in. You should *expect* her to put her # in. If she is confused, then tell her to punch her number in and you'll do the same with her phone. When you punch your number into her phone, put a nickname based on the conversation, like "boot camp Matt".

2) Take a piece of paper or biz card or something. Rip it in half. Give her one half. Write your number on the other half and have her do the same. Exchange numbers. Text her in like 5-10 minutes so she has you in her phone.

Any # exchange works best after a minute or two of talking, especially if there is an interest you share to seed as an activity to do (hello running together). Just giving her yours is v weak sauce. You're asking HER to lead the relationship.

There is greater than 0% chance she will call/contact you, but it will usually be for the wrong reasons (she wants another ride/visa/help with enlilish/etc) and you will have even more work to do to get her thinking about you "like that". You want to have her number so you can talk to her again at a much higher % and .

Curtains is def not Brazilian. Jenium def is not Brazilian.

Kudos for making this like a 10/10 thread for me to read!

Yugoslav

PS Most of the crap you talk about in your analysis is COMPLETELY irrelevant and is simply in your head for retarded reasons.

Georgia Avenue 08-06-2007 05:51 PM

Hmmm, please report to this thread immediately:
make it match.com instead and you can gogogo

microbet 08-06-2007 05:51 PM

sizzler,

It's unlikely to work for lots of reasons. You might have a slightly bigger chance of success if you asked for her number and even slightly bigger if you did some douchey PUA crap, but it sounds like you played it perfectly.

If she doesn't call just put it down to her being a lesbian.

Good luck.

The Yugoslavian 08-06-2007 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Holy [censored]! Those three pics you posted are horrible. Suzzer, I think the problem here is you have very ridiculously low standards. How bad could your conversation be? You're really a pretty good looking guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

ouch

Yugoslav

rhettoric 08-06-2007 05:52 PM

In defense of suzzer, making "the call" is nerve wracking. The last time I did I finally called her two days later when I was at a strip club. It was like "oooh, boobies, I should see about getting my hands on some of those!"