Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Typical spot and a quiz (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=470503)

Jamougha 08-06-2007 10:10 AM

Typical spot and a quiz

I have played with villain enough to have some stats but it appears it was full ring, so no real reads. However he's clearly 2p2, and I'm sure he knows I'm 2p2, too. I sat down a few hands ago. this is the first time i've 3-bet him.

No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $10/$20
3 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Button: $1964.00
Hero: $2167.00
BB: $4540.00

Pre-flop: (3 players) Hero is SB with ? ?
<font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $80</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $280</font>, BB folds, Button calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($580, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $411</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $1684</font>, Hero does what assuming he has;

Triumph36 08-06-2007 10:41 AM

Re: Typical spot and a quiz

call all of them

also this poll is revealing a lot

Chain Chomp 08-06-2007 10:45 AM

All hands probably have about the same ev againts his range. Call all.

Jay Riall 08-06-2007 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All hands probably have about the same ev againts his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree, though your idea of his range might be different to mine.

tozzy 08-06-2007 11:05 AM

oh god jay please switch to your old avatar.

Jay Riall 08-06-2007 11:06 AM

you gay or something?

Huggy 08-06-2007 11:09 AM

a better poll would be what range do we put VILLIAN on [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Chain Chomp 08-06-2007 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All hands probably have about the same ev againts his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree, though your idea of his range might be different to mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, you are right. JJ probably most strong if my ranges are even someway right. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jamougha 08-06-2007 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All hands probably have about the same ev againts his range. Call all.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, pretty sure that one of them is much worse than the other two.

tozzy 08-06-2007 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you gay or something?

[/ QUOTE ]
the girls 16 (17?) and you look like 39!
sry for OT, tho.

Nick Royale 08-06-2007 11:20 AM

I'd say JJ&gt;Q9&gt;JT in terms of equity vs his range. If you don't think he'll play a ten with a good kicker this way putting villain on a OP, set, draw or air then Q9=JT&gt;JJ. Meh I'm in way over my head here because I have no idea what his preflop range is 3-handed 10/20...

Chain Chomp 08-06-2007 11:24 AM

Okay. Maybe you can help with my range. I put a range of 99+ 50%,55 50%, 87s, T9s, QJs, KJs, KQs, KQo, ATs (JTs,QTs some &amp; of time). Am i missing something?

Jay Riall 08-06-2007 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you gay or something?

[/ QUOTE ]
the girls 16 (17?) and you look like 39!
sry for OT, tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rofl, that was Marlon Brando in my old avatar. I'm 20, look about 18, and the chick is like 17 I think??

Jamougha 08-06-2007 11:39 AM

Jay basically look like the girl in his avatar with blue eyes and shorter hair. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

tufat23 08-06-2007 11:40 AM

given that i bet the flop, i call all

0evg0 08-06-2007 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay. Maybe you can help with my range. I put a range of 99+ 50%,55 50%, 87s, T9s, QJs, KJs, KQs, KQo, ATs (JTs,QTs some &amp; of time). Am i missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

gotta add more to this

is villain just folding AK 100% of the time?

What about 89s?

Jay Riall 08-06-2007 11:47 AM

Can someone enlighten me as to why Qh9h has more equity than JTo with like any range I'm putting into Pokerstove?

0evg0 08-06-2007 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone enlighten me as to why Qh9h has more equity than JTo with like any range I'm putting into Pokerstove?

[/ QUOTE ]

you have 5 outs instead of 3

Jamougha 08-06-2007 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Backdoor flush draw.

Jay Riall 08-06-2007 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only vs the Tx hands which I don't think are a really huge part of his range anyway.

ValarMorghulis 08-06-2007 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't bet Q9 here.

I wouldn't bet JJ or JT intending to fold.

Umakemerich 08-06-2007 11:55 AM

i wouldn't be this involved with junk hands to begin with. i'd call the all in with only JJ and fold with J10 or Q9.

naSTIboost 08-06-2007 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't bet Q9 here.

I wouldn't bet JJ or JT intending to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good. How about a c/r on that flop? Although a lead and a call isn't bad either. I really really think you are beat here w/ JT or Q9. This is the first time you 3-bet him and you don't have any reads. I just don't see a standard 2p2er getting creative on you the FIRST time you 3-bet. He's gotta give you credit for a decent hand and knows you aren't going to fold hand like top pair or JJ.

luegofuego 08-06-2007 12:09 PM

yeah betfolding any of these hands is stupid. i wouldnt mind checking behind with any of them tho

Nick Royale 08-06-2007 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only vs the Tx hands which I don't think are a really huge part of his range anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
1. 5 outs instead of 3 vs Tx.
2. Bdfd.
3. It's not like JT is ahead of about any hands that Q9 isn't. JT is behind any Tx-combo villain has here and A9/K9 just doesn't seem likely.

Any reasons JT would have a higher equity?

xorbie 08-06-2007 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah betfolding any of these hands is stupid. i wouldnt mind checking behind with any of them tho

[/ QUOTE ]

OOP

jfish 08-06-2007 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

luegofuego 08-06-2007 12:24 PM

[censored] sorry that changes a lot. i still dont like betfolding and i still dont mind checking tho.

ikestoys 08-06-2007 12:25 PM

being OOP doesn't mean you can't check and open up the villains range more

Jamougha 08-06-2007 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because most people tend to check-call a lot and check-fold very rarely, I actually think many tags have a wider range to shove over a c-bet than to bet if I check to them.

luegofuego 08-06-2007 12:45 PM

are u kidding, ppl autofire when checked to, atleast in my experience. also i dont think its bad to c/f in these spots a lot, so its good balance.

tufat23 08-06-2007 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because most people tend to check-call a lot and check-fold very rarely, I actually think many tags have a wider range to shove over a c-bet than to bet if I check to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

not the weaktight ones

soah 08-06-2007 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
2. Bdfd.
3. It's not like JT is ahead of about any hands that Q9 isn't. JT is behind any Tx-combo villain has here and A9/K9 just doesn't seem likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

because if we have a T then it's less likely that he has one and thus relatively more likely that he's making a move

and if you argue that a better T isn't a significant part of his range, then the fact that Q9 has 5 outs instead of 3 outs is irrelevant, can't have it both ways... (and Q9 has only 2 outs against QT, rather than 5)

Irish Mafia 08-06-2007 03:43 PM

I'm not sure how much this quiz accomplishes. this really depends on how villain plays, and how he views you. I mean if he's REALLY nitty, i'm not calling his CR shove w/ JJ.

In general though, in today's tough games where everyone is getting it in really light, you can't fold any (given VERY juicy odds) against your typical 10-20 player.

Edit - I read "full ring" - which I why I was leaning toward folding in some of this situations - but then it looks like its only 3-handed, which (if true) makes this an auto-call in all 3 spots.

Jamougha 08-06-2007 03:51 PM

Still, in practise, if you plug it into pokerstove it's impossible to find a sane range where Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is worse than J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

JJ only beats either if you include Tx in he mix, and most people do not shove AT here. Even if you include ATs, I think you will find that JJ = J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] to within less than a percent and it is still worse than Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

In the actual hand I held JJ and called, beating his 88, so clearly I should be calling all 3. Still it's an interesting effect.

gaming_mouse 08-06-2007 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

In the actual hand I held JJ and called, beating his 88, so clearly I should be calling all 3. Still it's an interesting effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you think of villains play?

xorbie 08-06-2007 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JJ only beats either if you include Tx in he mix, and most people do not shove AT here.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would somebody be shoving so much anus that calling Q9 is a solid move here and NOT shove AT?

DJ Sensei 08-06-2007 04:36 PM

now correct me if i'm wrong, but: 3-handed with this guy and another guy with 4500, i'm assuming that the other guy is a big fish. And as such, this guy should be willing to gamble to get a stack to take him on (as should you, to an extent). So you should call with a wider range than you normally would here.

Nick Royale 08-06-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
2. Bdfd.

[/ QUOTE ]

because if we have a T then it's less likely that he has one and thus relatively more likely that he's making a move

and if you argue that a better T isn't a significant part of his range, then the fact that Q9 has 5 outs instead of 3 outs is irrelevant, can't have it both ways... (and Q9 has only 2 outs against QT, rather than 5)

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not. In fact JT has a 0.3% higher equity vs AT-JT than Q9, taking combos and outs into consideration. The bdfd is worth 4% extra in equity against most villain's range making up for that deficit though.

suzy q 55555 08-06-2007 04:38 PM

whats your line if button minraises the flop rather than push