Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   2 Tricky Hand I've played today (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=470298)

Quebecker 08-06-2007 02:11 AM

2 Tricky Hand I\'ve played today

Hello,

what do you thing of these 2 hands, I've played tonight. I played them real aggressifely imo. I want to have your opinions on these 2 hands.

thx.

================================================== ====
Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $26.25
BB: $34.23
UTG: $16.84
Hero (MP): $22.60
CO: $23.38
BTN: $29.26

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $5.00</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $3.00

Flop: ($10.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $7.77</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $17.60</font>, SB calls $9.83

Pot Size: $45.45

==================================================

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $24.50
Hero (BB): $30.46
UTG: $24.75
MP: $37.06
CO: $24.39
BTN: $17.55

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.00</font>, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($2) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $1.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.50</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $12.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $29.46</font>, SB calls all-in for $11.50

Pot Size: $54.96

Poseidon65 08-06-2007 02:12 AM

Re: 2 Tricky Hand I\'ve played today

Use this and you'll get twice as many replies:

http://www.legopoker.com/hh/index.php

chrismystero 08-06-2007 02:18 AM

did u raise 8x BB pre on Hand 1? Gross. I raise 4x probably, call reraise preflop, probably fold flop.

hand 2: I probably fold pre, but the call isn't awful. As played, flop seems fine.

Quebecker 08-06-2007 02:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
did u raise 8x BB pre on Hand 1? Gross. I raise 4x probably, call reraise preflop, probably fold flop.

hand 2: I probably fold pre, but the call isn't awful. As played, flop seems fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I raised 8x... I know it's a lot, but I wonder if it's not a good things for NL25. Player are very bad at NL25 and I've read somewhere that betting hard with good hands and played tight is the way to earn some $$$ a that limit.

chrismystero 08-06-2007 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, I raised 8x... I know it's a lot, but I wonder if it's not a good things for NL25. Player are very bad at NL25 and I've read somewhere that betting hard with good hands and played tight is the way to earn some $$$ a that limit.

[/ QUOTE ]
If your book said open raise for 8 BBs with a couple offsuit highcards, burn it for your sake. Betting MADE hands hard against bad players is profitable, but AQo is basically just not a made hand preflop, so there is no reason to open for 8 BBs. A more standard raise(3-4x) would be profitable, bad players or not.

Hood_88 08-06-2007 02:47 AM

At this limit a lot of your value will come by charging players to chase draws of beating hands like KQ, JQ, etc. with AQ on a Q72 flop. By raising 8xbb you are driving many of these hands out and only getting called by much stronger hands.

JROK777 08-06-2007 03:00 AM

1. Don't raise 8x. 3.5 or 4x is standard. As played, just fold the flop. You aren't even drawing to the NFD. Villian has shown a lot of strength and isn't folding. He reraised your huge PF raise. I think it may be correct to fold to his reraise PF.

Hand 2. Your up against a strong hand here. Postflop I like how you played it(I fold PF). You now have to get all in. You have a combo draw and are a favorite over AA. Villians not folding, but you are ahead in equity here(most of the time).

KEW 08-06-2007 03:01 AM

HAND #1 is gross PF and flop...DO NOT open raise for 8xBB unless tables is extremely loose passive PF...With the 8xBB raise what do you think villain is 3 betting with???? Dump it PF after the re-raise...On the flop you are bluffing and with the PF action you are not pushing villain off any hand with 50% of his stack in the middle..

Hand #2 PF call is marginal but OK..Flop play looks good...

Quebecker 08-06-2007 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If your book said open raise for 8 BBs with a couple offsuit highcards, burn it for your sake. Betting MADE hands hard against bad players is profitable, but AQo is basically just not a made hand preflop, so there is no reason to open for 8 BBs. A more standard raise(3-4x) would be profitable, bad players or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually I 4bet + 1 for each limper, but yesterday I tryed to played like that. I guess, I must get back to my old strategy. thx for the advice.

Quebecker 08-06-2007 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At this limit a lot of your value will come by charging players to chase draws of beating hands like KQ, JQ, etc. with AQ on a Q72 flop. By raising 8xbb you are driving many of these hands out and only getting called by much stronger hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

totally agreed. thx.

Sordini 08-06-2007 09:43 AM

#1 8BB is stick beating. Villians 3-bet must be respected and fold PF. The flop was played horridly also. For these reasons I will not consider the flop
#2 Fold PF. Ignoring this, Flop played fine,

corsakh 08-06-2007 09:46 AM

Not quite "OMFG this must be the worst poker I have seen" but pretty close.

toymach776 08-06-2007 09:55 AM

Dude, you need to slow down. In Hand #1, your open is way too big. I think you fold AQ preflop to a reraise with no reads. With a read on villain that he may be LAG a call may be ok here with position, but I still dont love it, because hes reraising your large raise. On the flop what are you doing? Do you have any reasoning as to why you are shoving here? Its a clear fold.
In Hand #2, Im not even gonna comment.

resboard 08-06-2007 09:55 AM

I have to say 8x is a bit extreme and once you are reraised its time to fold. And if you accidentally caugh and click call, you fold to that flop as you are still behind almost all 3betting hands and you are not drawing to the nut flush.

terencetsao 08-06-2007 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to say 8x is a bit extreme and once you are reraised its time to fold. And if you accidentally caugh and click call, you fold to that flop as you are still behind almost all 3betting hands and you are not drawing to the nut flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lego05 08-06-2007 04:21 PM

Hand 1:

Your open in hand 1 is too big. If sb hasn't 3bet a few times I fold pre-flop.

If I called pre-flop then I fold the flop.

Hand 2:

Probably fold pre-flop.
As played my flop raise would be bigger....like 6 or so.....easy all-in.

terrible 08-06-2007 04:28 PM

in hand one you're going to be up against an ace or king of clubs a lot. whole hand is gross.

hand two is fine but folding pf is better readless.

Quebecker 08-06-2007 04:44 PM

Thx for all the answers, I know that 8x is a huge raise for a preflop raise, but I tryed for a night to use it... I finally use it only for 30 min. And before losing lots of money, I posted here to see reaction of people. I pushed all in because I counted 12 outs + maybe he could fold, because he tryed to bluff, also a jacks is not a scary card. Sometime, I think everyone at NL25 is Moron because they have stats like 55/8/1 and I open the range of the hand they could have. I can say now with full confidence, it's gonna be the last time, I will open raise 8x :P

Greco 08-06-2007 05:06 PM

i agree with most here. Hand 1... fold pre, he re raised your 8x open and u still call. flop play is asking for trouble.non nut draw and hes got you crushed when you consider his range for re raising the large pre flop bet.
Hand 2 i actually would fold pre flop but would take a very similar line post. Maybe re raise to 5.5 or 6 but definately want to get it in. Equity is very good here.