Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Give me a plan (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=470086)

Dan Bitel 08-05-2007 08:16 PM

Give me a plan

Villain is 27/21/3. I've been reasonably active preflop. We've not tangled yet.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $259.75
Hero (BB): $287.55
UTG: $199.00
MP: $193.40
CO: $30.00
BTN: $230.10

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $7.00</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $22.00</font>, BTN calls $15.00

Flop: ($45) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)

RainbowBright 08-05-2007 08:19 PM

Re: Give me a plan

Bet fold seems pretty standard. If he calls the flop... I don't mind a turn bet at all.

RainbowBright 08-05-2007 08:21 PM

fwiw, i know that bet-fold might not be as +EV as other lines. However, the problem with check-calling on the flop and then check folding or check calling the turn is that our hand is pretty transparent and there's not alot of A high hands that we play this way (although this might be a good way to play AQ).

and given that the villain is very aggressive, i believe he's capable of bluffing us off w a worse hand.

Nielsio 08-05-2007 08:28 PM

I can't think of many hands that I check the flop with after pfr-ing on a board that has a high-card.

Felix Felicis 08-05-2007 08:42 PM

Obviously I don't like the flop, but I don't believe it is correct to just give up. I would bet ~30$ and fold to a raise. If he just calls, I would not fire a non J turn.

Dan Bitel 08-05-2007 08:47 PM

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $7.00</font>, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $22.00</font>, BTN calls $15.00

Flop: ($45) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red"> Hero bets $30,</font> <font color="red"> BTN raises to $87, </font>Hero.....?

Suwalski 08-05-2007 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> Hero bets $30,</font> <font color="red"> BTN raises to $87, </font>Hero.....?

[/ QUOTE ]

Instant folds.

Unknown Soldier 08-05-2007 08:50 PM

id need a better read/history to b/shove

have to fold now.

TDouble 08-05-2007 08:50 PM

Dan when you say "relatively active" you mean like he's gonna peel the flop here w/ 88 or he's just calling the r/r w/ AQ type of active? Obv important as you end up folding the best hand sometimes

I think it depends cause normally I'd say easy bet/giveup if called. I think a more interesting question is after you bet and are called what are you doing on [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] turns?

I wouldn't c/c the flop unless you've got some history to work with. Even then wtf he could get QQ to showdown and we'd be kicking ourselves for not betting the flop

TDouble 08-05-2007 08:51 PM

[censored], took a long time to make my post before seeing flop action

muck it........

RainbowBright 08-05-2007 08:53 PM

i think folding is best. i just don't think enough players are tricky in 3-bet pots. if you think that he's a tricky player and capable of making a raise on the flop with a wide range, then i'd call and check fold any non J turn.

Dan Bitel 08-05-2007 08:56 PM

come on guys....ranges...not "instant folds" and such

ajmargarine 08-05-2007 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
come on guys....ranges...not "instant folds" and such

[/ QUOTE ]

Ax/77-kk/junk

I think you can continue here. He's trying to make you fold all non-ace holdings. And if you push, he's got to fold most of his range.

If he were nittier, bet fold looks good.

Suwalski 08-05-2007 09:02 PM

Sorry..
4c5c, AK, AA,66,33. perhaps AQ, KcQc and 3c4c. I believe that he will rarely bluff at this spot.

ajmargarine 08-05-2007 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry..
4c5c, AK, AA,66,33. perhaps AQ, KcQc and 3c4c. I believe that he will rarely bluff at this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's bluffing (or semibluffing with flush draw) alot more than he's legit here IMO.

thedustbustr 08-05-2007 09:08 PM

after he raises, i would 3bet. its not ak/aq for same concept as your KK thread.

its a set, or a draw.

ajmargarine 08-05-2007 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
after he raises, i would 3bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

and we have to 3b, because we need him to fold KK/QQ...we can't just "try to get to showdown"

ajmargarine 08-05-2007 09:11 PM

Any other hands you need help with Dan?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

thedustbustr 08-05-2007 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and we have to 3b, because we need him to fold KK/QQ...we can't just "try to get to showdown"

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

i think the rest of you guys need to think more in general.

carnivalhobo 08-05-2007 09:22 PM

i think getting it in here is horrible

Jay Riall 08-05-2007 09:24 PM

Teh Dan Bitel theorem = never fold anything vs TAGs?

thedustbustr 08-05-2007 09:25 PM

ur probably right my winrate sucks

RainbowBright 08-05-2007 09:36 PM

What makes you think that he's raising the flop with QQ or KK? I think he's more likely to call the flop.

RainbowBright 08-05-2007 09:40 PM

I think he calls the flop with TT - KK. And I think he'd raise the flop with a flush draw and air. Therefore there's really no point in pushing the flop other than to charge him the times he's on a draw, but since he'll call with his made hands, I think pushing is -EV.

Nick Royale 08-05-2007 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Seems unlikely he raises with KK/QQ, since with those hands he'll almost never get a better hand to fold or a worse to call. If he's bluffing it's probably with a PP lower than JJ or air.

Fonkey123 08-05-2007 09:48 PM

Call and c/r most turns or fold. Usually fold though.

Unknown Soldier 08-05-2007 09:49 PM

what would you do in this spot nick? (against a relative unknown reg) I'm always torn between c/c and b/f . I think i prefer b/f, im turning my hand into a bluff sort of, but c/c just allows us to get bluffed too often

Nick Royale 08-05-2007 09:51 PM

I don't get fancy here unless villain has a high raise c-bet-%. If he has I don't mind 3-betting here though, because he's probably not raising the flop AQ or worse (raising with AQ or worse is bad without any history). I would guess he'll call the flop with AK or better a lot too, because he's most likely way ahead and IP in a rr pot you might as well give opp some rope.

Nick Royale 08-05-2007 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what would you do in this spot nick? (against a relative unknown reg) I'm always torn between c/c and b/f . I think i prefer b/f, im turning my hand into a bluff sort of, but c/c just allows us to get bluffed too often

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I like leading the flop. How to handle a raise/call obv depends on villain's postflop tendencies. Against some players I 3-bet the flop, but given the info I have I can't tell if this is one of them and in that case I'm leaning towards folding the flop. Imo this is closer than most in this thread thinks.

If villain would like to steal the pot with air he'll do a better job repping a good hand by calling the flop and trying to take the pot on the turn. I personally try to prevent this play by check/raising the turn when I have a strong hand.

RainbowBright 08-05-2007 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get fancy here unless villain has a high raise c-bet-%. If he has I don't mind 3-betting here though, because he's probably not raising the flop AQ or worse (raising with AQ or worse is bad without any history). I would guess he'll call the flop with AK or better a lot too, because he's most likely way ahead and IP in a rr pot you might as well give opp some rope.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to be raising the flop with a larger % of your made hands if you plan on raising the flop with air and draw.

Nick Royale 08-05-2007 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to be raising the flop with a larger % of your made hands if you plan on raising the flop with air and draw.

[/ QUOTE ]
Against observant players I agree. Vs OP it would probably be a good idea raising the flop AQ+. Against most players at these limits just calling the flop with Ax is best though.

Oki-Oki 08-05-2007 10:05 PM

Uh fold, there really is no other viable option.

Agrecisio 08-05-2007 10:35 PM

What range u put the villain?
you are losing for the majority of villain's hands.

Is bet/fold the +EV play here or check/call?

TRD23 08-06-2007 12:10 AM

I am with Nick here, unless his raise-3bet % is high, this is a pretty standard fold.

Yes he is raising here with air/draws a percentage of the time but not enough to make this profitable, especially as your only option is to shove, where he will fold when behind/call when ahead.

Calling just makes the problem worse on the turn, so its either fold or raise/shove, easy fold I think.

Bulletproof Monk 08-06-2007 12:13 AM

ok flame me hard but is c/f really that bad?

Bigmoney 08-06-2007 12:48 AM

c/c prevents this

Dan Bitel 08-06-2007 05:46 AM

*sigh* it seems that since i've been gone, hand reading here has taken a step backwards, not forwards.

Basically, I want to know if the best line is to shove it in now, or to call and make a decision on the turn....thoughts?

AllIn3High 08-06-2007 06:14 AM

Maybe I'm a weak-tight nit, but unless I have seen him 1) call 3-bets lightly (I realize he's raising from steal position, but most reasonable SSNL players range for calling 3-bets are not all that loose) 2) go crazeeee in re-raised pots. I'm gonna fold here.

How often do you really get shown a worse hand here? I mean, we're basically banking on him getting frisky w/ a flush draw or air right? I just don't see it very often; I think you're gonna be staring at AJ+ more often than KQo. And besides even if he doesn't have you beat now he probably has a bunch of outs and position in a huge pot.

If you had a reliable read that told you he was capable of huge bluffs in re-raised pots I wouldn't expect your hand to be good / hold up enough to do anything other than fold.

But I'm ready to be convinced otherwise.

Dire 08-06-2007 06:30 AM

Most people play honestly most the time. You have no read or other reason to expect otherwise from this guy in this situation. Here he is saying he has you beat - by that by an ace, a set, or maybe even something like KcQc. Until you have a read (and not just PT numbers) to help you evaluate the situation differently, you should believe him.

2Paul2 08-06-2007 06:44 AM

Doing some pstove sims he has to be doing this w/ air/88 type hnds a decent amount for you to continue.

Board: Ac 6c 3h
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 27.312% 27.31% 00.00% 7030 0.00 { JcJd }
Hand 1: 72.688% 72.69% 00.00% 18710 0.00 { 66, 33, AKs, KcQc, Tc9c, Tc8c, 9c8c, 9c7c, 8c7c, 7c6c, 7c5c, 5c4c, AKo }

This is assuming as well he's always raising the bare mid fds which are generally what your going to have the best equity against.

Also if he doesn't call rr's light your in rly bad shape pretty much always unless he's raising lower pairs a ton.

Board: Ac 6c 3h
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 14.189% 14.19% 00.00% 2669 0.00 { JcJd }
Hand 1: 85.811% 85.81% 00.00% 16141 0.00 { 66, 33, AKs, KcQc, AKo }

If he can ever have AQ here that rly hurts you to.

Also whoever said 3bet to get rid of QQ/KK those to hnds call the flop just about always unless villain is rly dumb.

Anyway I'd generally check flop because Q/K's shouldnt be a problem, QQ/KK wont fold an I'm not gonna worry about fds in a rr pot ~100bbs deep. I think you make the most off worst hnds this way.

As played if I wanted to continue I'd call and get it in on pretty much any turn because I'd be assuming hnds w/ 2 outs are a large part of his range.

Paul