Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Who is this article about (busto high stakes pro) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=467573)

bennu 08-02-2007 02:27 PM

Who is this article about (busto high stakes pro)

http://www.pokerkingblog.com/2007/08...t-online-pros/

Just curious if you guys have some guesses who it's about. 2 specific people parts make sense for.

MOD NOTE: this is pretty obviously a composite story, save your guessing energy for more important stuff, like when rt will go busto

early325 08-02-2007 02:33 PM

Re: Who is this article about (busto high stakes pro)

lolol

CaptainFreedom 08-02-2007 02:35 PM

The best part of that story was the " Get a 100% Bonus at FullTilt - Click here " at the end.

paulcouto 08-02-2007 02:42 PM

ummmmm, is it cts? i think its cts. did his story really go like that? i cant believe it. no, really. is it cts????? or maybe its muckemsayuh? i think its muckemsayuh.......yeah, thats it.

Raised2Win 08-02-2007 02:44 PM

new car & gf to hawaii , cts ?

Schneids 08-02-2007 02:44 PM

Grimmstar?

NickyC 08-02-2007 02:45 PM

Girlfriend and Bentley, who the hell else could it be? LoL.

NickyC 08-02-2007 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best part of that story was the " Get a 100% Bonus at FullTilt - Click here " at the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's gold, total gold.

stetda 08-02-2007 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that part is pure gold!

FoxwoodsFiend 08-02-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, except CTS isn't too proud to "slum it" at 25/50, barely ever plays 300/600, never plans on playing live poker for a living (LOL), and has more than a mil. other than that, this busto high stakes pro sounds exactly like CTS (getting a car and taking a girlfriend to a superpopular vacation spot are clearly things only cts would do).

stabn 08-02-2007 02:50 PM

I heard it was schneids. Apparently pokerbob burned his schneids #1 fan tshirt poster when he heard the news.

EC10 08-02-2007 02:50 PM

i think its traheho

steel108 08-02-2007 02:51 PM

I think it pretty obvious who it is, but I doubt the story is true. If it is true, who cares?

Raised2Win 08-02-2007 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, except CTS isn't too proud to "slum it" at 25/50, barely ever plays 300/600, never plans on playing live poker for a living (LOL), and has more than a mil. other than that, this busto high stakes pro sounds exactly like CTS (getting a car and taking a girlfriend to a superpopular vacation spot are clearly things only cts would do).

[/ QUOTE ]

It was said that his situation was talked about at 2+2, and the car was also a bentley. Im not saying the whole story is completely true because I didn't think CTS would be that busto, but I don't know anyone else who bought a bentley and took his gf to hawaii and was talked about at 2+2

cts 08-02-2007 02:56 PM

lol too funny

luckyjimm 08-02-2007 02:57 PM

I heard it's Andy Beal

pokergrader 08-02-2007 02:57 PM

empiremaker

luckyjimm 08-02-2007 03:01 PM

Obviously it's a composite describing a few people: Durre, CTS, Krantz, Sbrugby in the main.

xcrack999 08-02-2007 03:01 PM

wow i didnt know online poker got its own tabloids.

cts 08-02-2007 03:02 PM

obv some details look like they are about me, I recently took a trip to Hawaii with my gf, drive a Bentley, etc but that's where it ends of course. I've never been staked, never wired money to full tilt, have barely played any 300/600nl and don't have a problem at all with grinding it out lower, have plenty in the bank, the hands talked about don't sound familiar yada yada

luckyjimm 08-02-2007 03:04 PM

No, Cole, it's clearly not specifically about you, and the general picture doesn't necessarily fit you. Just a few details are taken from your blog for colour.

Wasn't this a Whitelime hand?

"Pushing all-in preflop with AK against an UTG raiser, hoping to double up, but realizing with horror that his opponent has AA (a hand that is chronicled on Highstakesdb)."

Taylor Caby 08-02-2007 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
obv some details look like they are about me, I recently took a trip to Hawaii with my gf, drive a Bentley, etc but that's where it ends of course. I've never been staked, never wired money to full tilt, have barely played any 300/600nl and don't have a problem at all with grinding it out lower, have plenty in the bank, the hands talked about don't sound familiar yada yada

[/ QUOTE ]

comeon cts - you think you are the only online poker player who wins a lot of money, takes your girlfriend to hawaii, drives a bentley, and doesn't wire money to FTP??? you are sadly mistaken... this could be one of thousands of players.

tc

cts 08-02-2007 03:06 PM

that hand sounds pretty standard

ahnuld 08-02-2007 03:08 PM

and you cant even play live tournaments. Pimp Ownage?

ahnuld 08-02-2007 03:09 PM

pimp ownage makes a lot of sense actually

marty_palin 08-02-2007 03:10 PM

probably townsend, he's stupid enough to do everyhting said on here, especially the 'pride' thing

luckyjimm 08-02-2007 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that hand sounds pretty standard

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but it was for LOTS OF MONEY

Think it was 200k

kotkis 08-02-2007 03:11 PM

I think it's a collection of high-stakes online poker gossip tidbits tied up into a story and then labeled as "truth" for more sensationalism. There's definitely some cts in there, some Boosted J and probably many others that don't come to mind right now.

isapistola 08-02-2007 03:20 PM

the article is obviously bulls with some factual references to players this article has nothing to do with.

[ QUOTE ]
Instead of playing one table, he decided to sit at both of the $300/$600 games that were going.

[/ QUOTE ]
this quote shows the poor knowledge of the author, since the only 300/600 tables are heads up.

ThaHero 08-02-2007 03:21 PM

Why does this douche mention "players like Phil Ivey and Gus Hansen" in like every blog he makes?

Hume 08-02-2007 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
probably townsend, he's stupid enough to do everyhting said on here, especially the 'pride' thing

[/ QUOTE ]

None of the details match though.

luckyjimm 08-02-2007 03:22 PM

Maybe it's about GRIMMSTAR

Hume 08-02-2007 03:25 PM

It's probably a made-up story to bring in traffic to his blog. Pretty good story and well written, so I don't regret reading it anyway.

Black winter day 08-02-2007 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a collection of high-stakes online poker gossip tidbits tied up into a story and then labeled as "truth" for more sensationalism. There's definitely some cts in there, some Boosted J and probably many others that don't come to mind right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's actually what i thought.Not that this story can't be true, of course...

NLSoldier 08-02-2007 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's about GRIMMSTAR

[/ QUOTE ]

didnt it talk about having a girlfriend?

HensonLosesLots 08-02-2007 03:31 PM

Whatever happened to John D'Agastino or however you spell it

marty_palin 08-02-2007 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the article is obviously bulls with some factual references to players this article has nothing to do with.

[ QUOTE ]
Instead of playing one table, he decided to sit at both of the $300/$600 games that were going.

[/ QUOTE ]
this quote shows the poor knowledge of the author, since the only 300/600 tables are heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

except when FT open up more you mean...

sefaje 08-02-2007 03:38 PM

i wish busto meant playing NL1000 for me

Dids 08-02-2007 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The more you allow your posts to define you as nothing but an anti BT troll the closer I get to having a good reason to ban you. Knock it off.

ThaHero 08-02-2007 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The sad thing is that this is a true story. Through a friend of a friend, the story was recounted to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

This obviously proves the story is true. Get off his back.