Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   You down with OOP?!? Yeah you know me!! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=466979)

bennyhana 08-01-2007 10:08 PM

You down with OOP?!? Yeah you know me!!

This table has been playing pretty weak, the fishies at the table folded preflop and no real reads on limper.

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero...

KitCloudkicker 08-01-2007 10:09 PM

Re: You down with OOP?!? Yeah you know me!!

lol at preflop

as played bet flop.

Gib 08-01-2007 10:14 PM

um unless i know limper gives up on the flop a lot &amp; that BB will get out of the way i wouldn't bother.

As played it's a pretty standard bet here with an over &amp; GS.

BigBadBabar 08-01-2007 10:24 PM

yeah i'm down with B E T

00Snitch 08-01-2007 10:27 PM

Uhhh, a bit low to be isolating out-of-position.

I bet the flop, what else are you gunna do?

HouseCalls 08-01-2007 10:29 PM

lol - you sir, are still a maniac; as such you might as well bet out [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

bennyhana 08-01-2007 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol - you sir, are still a maniac; as such you might as well bet out [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe, OK OK, so I'm a little laggy. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

here's the turn:
Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero...

Dr. Matt 08-01-2007 10:34 PM

HU bet the turn again.

Xhad 08-01-2007 10:35 PM

I fire once more; it's a peely flop, a bricky turn, a biggish pot, and an unscary opponent's range. Yes I like making up words.

KitCloudkicker 08-01-2007 10:37 PM

fire in the hole

NIX 08-01-2007 10:38 PM

Bet flop. Bet turn.

GLKST526 08-01-2007 10:41 PM

Pretty easy turn bet, you've represented a hand the whole way, (even more so with the raise out of the SB) and the chance of that turn card improving the opponent is very small. Out of curiosity why raise without a read on the limper? Or should I not bother asking such silly questions?

bennyhana 08-01-2007 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity why raise without a read on the limper? Or should I not bother asking such silly questions?

[/ QUOTE ]

no such thing as a silly question. My reason for the raise preflop was that I wanted to play that hand, but didn't feel right just completing with it. I guess it was just the feel of the table, the play was pretty predictable and hand reading was easy. I wanted to take control of the hand from the get go.

I hadn't seen anything out of the limper in about 15 hands (less than 30 cause PA didn't have stats on him yet).

00Snitch 08-01-2007 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

no such thing as a silly question, only silly people

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP LDO!

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

sharpie 08-01-2007 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet flop. Bet turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the river?

Sordini 08-02-2007 06:28 AM

Preflop: No comment

On the flop, you are OOP, in a 3way pot with a gut shot and one over card, a CB is going to be less effective.

I would have c/f

KitCloudkicker 08-02-2007 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

On the flop, you are OOP, in a 3way pot with a gut shot and one over card, a CB is going to be less effective.

I would have c/f

[/ QUOTE ]

no it wont, and c/f is horrible

Fantam 08-02-2007 11:28 AM

Did everyone notice that Hero picked up a double gut-shot on the turn ?

River please. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

MrWookie 08-02-2007 11:32 AM

Yeah, we might as well keep firing. LOL @ preflop, though.

carlosoli 08-02-2007 02:11 PM

I agree with the flop bet as you were the initial raiser from one of the blinds. To me, a raise from one of the blinds is usually a big hand. Nothing odd about that. Gotta bet the turn which is a brick that does give you the double GS. I like it. I wouldn't have done it like that preflop, but if I did post flop is same

Harv72b 08-02-2007 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ preflop, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. And I've 3bet with 4 high before.

As far as the turn goes, with the right read I might consider check/raising (I'm assuming it's HU w/BB now--the action is a little messed up). But I rarely find an online player with that kind of read, so just bet &amp; hope he decides to give up on his A7 or whatever (or that you river your T).

bravos1 08-02-2007 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ preflop, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. And I've 3bet with 4 high before.

As far as the turn goes, with the right read I might consider check/raising (I'm assuming it's HU w/BB now--the action is a little messed up). But I rarely find an online player with that kind of read, so just bet &amp; hope he decides to give up on his A7 or whatever (or that you river your T).

[/ QUOTE ]

Or even better, your 6 against his A4 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

bennyhana 08-02-2007 09:49 PM

So I decided to check the turn and hope for a free card. My thinking was, even if he bet, with a double gutter I was good enough to call. I could see these players calling with a wide range of hands, and since I am oop, I didn't want to invest to much not knowing how I would play the river. If I bet the turn, I think check/folding the river UI sucks. Probably cause I suck at river play. If I check and call it would make c/fing easier(on me at least).

I guess the free card play from oop worked this time. <font color="white"> and luckily he fell in love with his KQo. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
</font>

<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

River: (4.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
LDO

BigBadBabar 08-02-2007 09:54 PM

lol play bad get there

Fantam 08-03-2007 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I bet the turn, I think check/folding the river UI sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you bet the river unimproved, then there is probably a fair chance that you end up value betting a pair for your opponent that he has been calling down with.

I think that you would have to check/fold the river unimproved.