Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes MTT (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   What the hell? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=466612)

LearnedfromTV 08-01-2007 02:33 PM

What the hell?

vs. unknown in $109

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO (t10815)
Button (t3295)
Hero (t3930)
BB (t10100)
UTG (t6460)
UTG+1 (t5745)
MP1 (t9320)
MP2 (t8250)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls t200, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls t200, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t800) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: (t800) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks.

River: (t800) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t400</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t1800</font>,

Final Pot: t1600

Cornell Fiji 08-01-2007 02:42 PM

Re: What the hell?

I fold. this is obv air, AT, T9 (slightly discounted), 67 (discounted), A2 (discounted). And I don't think it is air enough...

edit: I had more hands in his range until I went through and eliminated all of them... then I added a few back... even if no strong hand makes any sense for him I just think that he misplayed a strong hand here...

Jurollo 08-01-2007 03:26 PM

I think it is very like QT, KT, or AT. Nothing else makes a lot of sense. Unless its air and he just wanted to repop your half pot bet. Thats the problem with betting on a seemingly benign river here, it doesnt hit you THAT often and what hands can he really put you on. I might just c/c the river since the pot is pretty small as is.

RichC. 08-01-2007 03:46 PM

i like c/c the river here too. just getting a cheap showdown here has a lot of merit IMO.

Bakes 08-01-2007 03:51 PM

no one bluff raises rivers so fold, i wouldn't c/c either i like this half pot bet to get paid by like a random nine or something, who is going to bet a worse ten here? a nine?

s33w33d 08-01-2007 04:11 PM

Does A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] play this line?

You're likely crushed here. I'd have just checked the river, but then you might have been tempted to call a T900 bet or so. So maybe you saved yourself money by value betting (maybe even A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] calls?) and folding to a shove.

jlocdog 08-01-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is very like QT, KT, or AT. Nothing else makes a lot of sense. Unless its air and he just wanted to repop your half pot bet. Thats the problem with betting on a seemingly benign river here, it doesnt hit you THAT often and what hands can he really put you on. I might just c/c the river since the pot is pretty small as is.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I would have typed verbatim....

08-02-2007 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I would have typed verbatim....

[/ QUOTE ]

I woulda moved a few commas around, but yeah, the jist is the same.

DeMaci 08-02-2007 02:28 AM

Am I nit that I usually check/fold this river?

THEOSU 08-02-2007 05:08 AM

this is 67 an awful lot.

ryanghall 08-02-2007 05:16 AM

I think either check/calling only a small bet or betting less yourself, perhaps 250, and folding to a raise is best. As played, gotta fold.

Rekwob 08-02-2007 07:12 AM

check call or bet 600 to show that you could have something, but realistically this guy will only have you outkicked here if he has you beat, what made hand checks behind on that turn really? people arent totally blind to flush draws in the 109s

flyingmoose 08-02-2007 07:24 AM

I would fold because people don't often limp preflop, check to the river and then decide to pull a huge bluff.

I don't like checking the river, either. People can't pass on a cheap showdown with any pair ever, so bet and get value. 400 seems good.

Bakes 08-02-2007 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

this is 67 an awful lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious?

luckychewy 08-02-2007 11:32 AM

i play the same and fold river. yea, he's not repping much(or anything, really) but based on experience being stubborn a few times i'm pretty sure he's going to show you something slowplayed. i highly doubt you see a better ten for value though.

King Car 08-02-2007 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I might just c/c the river since the pot is pretty small as is.

[/ QUOTE ]

How big of a bet are you check calling here?

Sykes 08-02-2007 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

this is 67 an awful lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha that's a nice joke.

as for the hand..

i don't see why we are betting this river unless it's to bet/fold. check/call is a way better line on this river.

shaundeeb 08-02-2007 10:36 PM

he has A2cc a lot here only made hand that a weak random will check twice a lot cuz their light I have my straight and a flushdraw they are drawing dead I check.

Also it could be a 910 hand which I wouldn't be surprised if some random checked it.

Also I hate the river bet as others alluded to you are never bluffing into 3 people on this board. So he knows you have 10x and he expects you to call with tp cuz that's what people do in tourneys so fold.

sinderg 08-03-2007 02:22 AM

i cant see a2cc at all, he had last position and checked the turn as well.
any made hand has action killers. with 4 people in the pot including the blinds anyone with a straight is gonna bet to protect the board pairing or flushing.

also what does a 1800 raise expect to get called by since no one has shown any strenght towards hitting the board.

im hella confused. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

MauriceSch 08-03-2007 09:32 PM

When you bet 400, which hand did you expect to pay you off? check and evaluate the size of the bet when you consider calling it would be my line.

gobboboy 08-04-2007 01:12 AM

He probably has a set unfortunately.

NSXT2 08-04-2007 01:26 AM

definite fold on river.... no way you are ahead. I also don't mind a check/call stacks depending obv. I believe its a flopped str8 with 67 suited in either diamonds or clubs. I know that's ALOT of credit to give but it's sensible here. his holdings really dont matter though, all that matters is based on action, you are beat. Does anyone really care what beats you? All that matters is you get out the cheapest when you are.

KneeCo 08-04-2007 02:47 AM

No doubt this is a fold, the real question is what we do first to act on the river.

I don't mind a bet because you simply aren't being bluffed here like ever, I just don't think random players invested for 1 BB are bluffing the river, plus 9s, weaker Ts and a couple of other hands are mostly not betting, but will call a small bet often.

Bakes 08-04-2007 02:49 AM

What the [censored] at people putting him on 67! like what? even A2cc doesn't make sense, people bet!! even on the turn if they check flop!

THEOSU 08-04-2007 06:18 AM

bakes,

maybe it's because i've been playing low levels lately, but i see people check the nuts all the way to the end a ton.

it's the new check/minraise.

Potte 08-04-2007 09:13 AM

What if the guy minraised to 800? Still a fold? 1200?

adanthar 08-04-2007 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No doubt this is a fold, the real question is what we do first to act on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on the stakes and reads/image, you should either be value betting, value checking, or block betting.

In most HSMTTs I'd block bet 400-600 just because it's probably better than check/calling 800.

LearnedfromTV 08-04-2007 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In most HSMTTs I'd block bet 400-600 just because it's probably better than check/calling 800.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thought process. I don't think people will randomly bluff at a limped twice-checked through 4-way pot. Partly because it's not hard for someone to have a pair and make a curiosity call, which of course is a reason for me to bet, given that I probably have the best hand.

Would like to hear other opinions on the initial river decision.

I did fold to the raise.

curtains 08-04-2007 04:10 PM

fold, dont think many people bluff in that spot