Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   More Gilbert Arenas awesomeness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=466581)

kidcolin 08-01-2007 02:02 PM

More Gilbert Arenas awesomeness

Pretty low content post, but I think his latest blog entry is hilarious.

[ QUOTE ]
There Are No Such Thing as Shark Attacks
I know this is random, but I just want to clear this up for people out there.

There are these things called shark attacks, but there is no such thing as a shark attack. I have never seen a real shark attack.

I know you’re making a weird face as you’re reading this. OK people, a shark attack is not what we see on TV and what people portray it as.

We’re humans. We live on land.

Sharks live in water.

So if you’re swimming in the water and a shark bites you, that’s called trespassing. That is called trespassing. That is not a shark attack.

A shark attack is if you’re chilling at home, sitting on your couch, and a shark comes in and bites you; now that’s a shark attack. Now, if you’re chilling in the water, that is called invasion of space. So I have never heard of a shark attack.

When I see on the news where it’s like, “There have been 10 shark attacks,” I’m like, “Hey, for real?! They’re just running around? Sharks are walking now, huh! We live on the land, we don’t live underwater.”

[/ QUOTE ]

Case Closed 08-01-2007 02:06 PM

Re: More Gilbert Arenas awesomeness

He is flirting with that fine line between brilliance and stupidity. I am gonna go with brilliance. Hilarious stuff.

Clarkmeister 08-01-2007 02:11 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Shadowrun 08-01-2007 02:14 PM

LOL one funny man

TheNoodleMan 08-01-2007 02:15 PM

How long before we see an angry shark attack victim on TV bashing Gilbert?

Ralph Wiggum 08-01-2007 02:26 PM

holy crap, 100k made shots? scoring leader next year?

danvh 08-01-2007 02:47 PM

Gilbert is great. He has that Yogi Berra quality where what he says does makes some sense, but it said in such a way or time that its funny as hell..

MikeyPatriot 08-01-2007 02:47 PM

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...lbertshark.jpg

dlk9s 08-01-2007 02:50 PM

Woman: Who is it?

Voice At Door: [ drawn-out pause ] Uh.. trick or treat?

Woman: [ gets up and walks cautiously to the door ] Look, it's two o'clock in the morning. Halloween's over! Shouldn't you be in bed by now?

Voice At Door: [ stuttering ] Mrs. Bar- Barsen- Bargen- Barsen..?

Woman: There is no Mrs. Bargenbarson here!

Voice At Door: [ pause ] Candy-Gram?

Woman: Look, I'm all out of candy! I gave it all away! Now, go home!

Voice At Door: UNI- UNICEF, ma'am?

Woman: UNICEF?

Voice At Door: UNICEF.

Woman: Well, that's different..

tuq 08-01-2007 02:53 PM

LOL, Mikey that is awesome, as is the OP. WTF, guy is nuts. Awesomely nuts, that is.

Case Closed 08-01-2007 03:00 PM

The most important part is that we all know Gilbert is 100% correct on this issue.

MuresanForMVP 08-01-2007 03:47 PM

I hope he never leaves DC

TheNoodleMan 08-01-2007 03:59 PM

I hope demands that the team be called the Bullets again.

A "change the name or trade me" ultimatum would be the best thing ever.

FUJItheFISH 08-01-2007 04:05 PM

i heard this before but i forget which comedian. not to take away from zero's awesomeness but this is no original.

scbrian 08-01-2007 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this an example of a post crafted by an expert?

Needle77 08-01-2007 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

is this an example of a post crafted by an expert?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://aycu29.webshots.com/image/234...0868085_rs.jpg

Mr November 08-01-2007 05:27 PM

Gilbert is def my new favorite player.

Pudge714 08-01-2007 05:29 PM

Can someone post a link so this works in google reader.

kidcolin 08-01-2007 05:35 PM

pudge,

I use this feed: http://www.nba.com/players/gilbert_arenas/rss.xml

It's not a full one though. It's just partial in the reader then you have to click it to get the whole thing. For some reason the big guns, NBA.com, ESPN.com, etc, are sorely lagging in feed technology.

NozeCandy 08-01-2007 07:23 PM

How did I miss this? Gilbert is so awesome.

mason55 08-01-2007 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pudge,

I use this feed: http://www.nba.com/players/gilbert_arenas/rss.xml

It's not a full one though. It's just partial in the reader then you have to click it to get the whole thing. For some reason the big guns, NBA.com, ESPN.com, etc, are sorely lagging in feed technology.

[/ QUOTE ]

Colin -

The big guns will probably never have full feeds due to blog-scraping. I know that's the reason a lot of the big tech forums don't have full RSS feeds.

kidcolin 08-01-2007 07:51 PM

explain plz? I don't know what blog-scraping is. Basically scripts that use readers and full feeds to parse tons of information (possibly stealing it)?

barryc83 08-01-2007 09:48 PM

<3 Agent 0

andnow 08-01-2007 10:19 PM

Awesome post, awesome blog, Arenas = pure comedy.

MuresanForMVP 08-01-2007 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea that would be awesome. it's so ridiculous that they changed the name

Mr November 08-02-2007 12:39 AM

Washington Hibachi?

pokergrader 08-02-2007 01:45 AM

Not seeing him in the playoffs last year made me very sad. I like how portis and arenas really have fun with the media and don't take themselves too seriously. That is why I love my washington teams.

Jeremy517 08-02-2007 11:51 AM

Gilbert is a plagiarist.

Video (NSFW language), about 3:30 in

kidcolin 08-02-2007 12:55 PM

what a hack. what a bum.

onlinebeginner 08-02-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that would make me very happy... one of my best buddies is from DC so I rip on gilbert just for fun... but wow this is great

MuresanForMVP 08-02-2007 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what a hack. what a bum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gilbert>Celtics

Wiz<Celtics however

onlinebeginner 08-02-2007 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gilbert is a plagiarist.

Video (NSFW language), about 3:30 in

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW

legend42 08-03-2007 11:31 AM

I would bet it's probably a Mike Barnicle type situation, where one of Arenas's boys told him the bit, and Gilbert liked it enough to put it in his blog. Stealing from one of your entourage isn't plagarism, it's obligation.

Clarkmeister 08-03-2007 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet it's probably a Mike Barnicle type situation, where one of Arenas's boys told him the bit, and Gilbert liked it enough to put it in his blog. Stealing from one of your entourage isn't plagarism, it's obligation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pudge714 08-03-2007 12:23 PM

http://www.nba.com/blog/gilbert_aren...26_01?rss=true
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you’ve all been talking about it. I used someone else’s joke. What’s the big deal? I thought it was funny, I blogged it, you all laughed.

Mission accomplished.

Listen, nobody even heard of Ian Edwards before me. He’s no Chris Rock. I helped him become famous. Now everybody is going to YouTube and looking him up.

The joke was worth about $7 when I heard it, now that I’ve used it’s probably worth a little bit more. I’ll sell it back to him for $7.78. Seventy-eight cents, Ian, you can put that in a royalties check made out to me.

Puffy and Ashanti made careers out of stealing other people’s beats. This is America, the land of the reused.

If you think about it, nothing is original. Every joke has been retold at some point. What I did was recycle a new joke instead of waiting for it to get old. It was too funny not too. I mean, at least I picked a good joke, right? It’s not like it was some lame, “Yo momma” joke.

Let’s not forget, “Hibachi” was stolen too. Brendan Haywood used to say it before me. But I recognize good stuff and make it popular. Now “Hibachi” is patented by Agent Zero, son.

I’m not a thief, I just reused it.

Know who is a thief? The guy that is trying to sell the domain name of GilbertArenas.com to me. It’s my name! I have to buy it back from him. Now that’s stealing, borrowing, whatever you want to call it.

I mean they were even talking about it on PTI. Patrick McEnroe was saying I should quit making jokes about sharks and worry about rehabbing. Patrick, you’re right, I should be focusing on my knee. I guess taking 15 minutes to tell a joke doesn’t leave 23 hours and 45 minutes the rest of the day to be working on my knee. Rome was killing me too, but Rome’s my boy so I can’t say anything bad about him.

Patty Mac, shouldn’t you be “focusing” on talking about real sports that are going on? I didn’t realize that telling jokes can get me on PTI. I should do it more often.

Did you hear the one about the monkey and the dog …

I would finish the joke, but I already spent too much time on this post and need to get back to the gym according to McEnroe.

Before I do though, I’m going to go play with my new pet. It’s called a “liger.” It’s a cross between a tiger and a lion. I made it up. Man, I’m so original.

(Yes, I stole that from Napoleon Dynamite. Rent it. It’s funny.)

Oh yeah, Bow Wow gave me a shout out on my jeans, Fly Jeans, in his new song with B-5 so I just wanted to give him a shout out too.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Gilbert

Vyse 08-03-2007 12:39 PM

You all got leveled.

dnh83 08-03-2007 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.nba.com/blog/gilbert_aren...26_01?rss=true
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, you’ve all been talking about it. I used someone else’s joke. What’s the big deal? I thought it was funny, I blogged it, you all laughed.

Mission accomplished.

Listen, nobody even heard of Ian Edwards before me. He’s no Chris Rock. I helped him become famous. Now everybody is going to YouTube and looking him up.

The joke was worth about $7 when I heard it, now that I’ve used it’s probably worth a little bit more. I’ll sell it back to him for $7.78. Seventy-eight cents, Ian, you can put that in a royalties check made out to me.

Puffy and Ashanti made careers out of stealing other people’s beats. This is America, the land of the reused.

If you think about it, nothing is original. Every joke has been retold at some point. What I did was recycle a new joke instead of waiting for it to get old. It was too funny not too. I mean, at least I picked a good joke, right? It’s not like it was some lame, “Yo momma” joke.

Let’s not forget, “Hibachi” was stolen too. Brendan Haywood used to say it before me. But I recognize good stuff and make it popular. Now “Hibachi” is patented by Agent Zero, son.

I’m not a thief, I just reused it.

Know who is a thief? The guy that is trying to sell the domain name of GilbertArenas.com to me. It’s my name! I have to buy it back from him. Now that’s stealing, borrowing, whatever you want to call it.

I mean they were even talking about it on PTI. Patrick McEnroe was saying I should quit making jokes about sharks and worry about rehabbing. Patrick, you’re right, I should be focusing on my knee. I guess taking 15 minutes to tell a joke doesn’t leave 23 hours and 45 minutes the rest of the day to be working on my knee. Rome was killing me too, but Rome’s my boy so I can’t say anything bad about him.

Patty Mac, shouldn’t you be “focusing” on talking about real sports that are going on? I didn’t realize that telling jokes can get me on PTI. I should do it more often.

Did you hear the one about the monkey and the dog …

I would finish the joke, but I already spent too much time on this post and need to get back to the gym according to McEnroe.

Before I do though, I’m going to go play with my new pet. It’s called a “liger.” It’s a cross between a tiger and a lion. I made it up. Man, I’m so original.

(Yes, I stole that from Napoleon Dynamite. Rent it. It’s funny.)

Oh yeah, Bow Wow gave me a shout out on my jeans, Fly Jeans, in his new song with B-5 so I just wanted to give him a shout out too.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLOL, his response is even better than the shark joke. Gilbert is the man.

Aloysius 08-03-2007 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y19...lbertshark.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care that the joke is plagiarized this is still awesome.

Also:

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Al

tuq 08-03-2007 01:46 PM

Goddamn that blog post is hilarious. Also, Patrick McEnroe on PTI, WTF? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

kidcolin 08-03-2007 01:48 PM

He's actually been pretty decent in the two or three episodes I've listened to. I stopped listening for the rest of the week because JA Adande is really bad, IMO.