Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   folding another guy's laundry (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=466183)

asofel 08-01-2007 01:59 AM

folding another guy\'s laundry

Ok OOT, I'm curious what others would do.

I live in an apartment building, one laundry room with washer/dryer on each floor. Earlier someone needed to use the dryer, and several of my towels were in there, done, but I hadn't picked them up yet.

So the guy folded them and left them on top. Pretty considerate, right? I definitely appreciated it. Now, the situation has changed some, and his stuff is in there, done, and I need to use it. However, his stuff is an assortment of pants, socks, and underwear.

What do you do? (I think its clear but I remember a post where others went with a different option so I'm curious...)

edfurlong 08-01-2007 02:01 AM

Re: folding another guy\'s laundry

Steal all his underwear.

CocoaKrispies 08-01-2007 02:05 AM

Folding towels <<< folding underwear, socks, and pants.

But if you see his towels there in the future, you owe him.

ilya 08-01-2007 02:05 AM

I thought this was gonna be a poll about how gay this is

StevieG 08-01-2007 02:10 AM

Give him a 5 minute count to get his stuff. If not, remove and use.

If he has not retrieved by the time your load is done, replace.

neuroman 08-01-2007 02:13 AM

Fold the pants
Burn the underwear

d10 08-01-2007 02:14 AM

Towels are easy to fold, I would probably fold your towels and not even think about it just because it's the easiest way to stack them on top of the dryer.

Folding clothes is harder, and I'd think someone was a bit weird if they did that to my clothes.

EMc 08-01-2007 02:17 AM

I always love it when I come back to the laundry room and my [censored] is folded. Makes my day. IF he did it to you, I think its not unreasonable to do his this one time. Except the underwear.

Just make sure his stuff is dry. One of my biggest peeves is when people take wet [censored] out. I usually end up taking theirs out and putting it back in the washer.

asofel 08-01-2007 02:18 AM

All,

So, this basically confirms how I feel. Towels are one thing, but folding another guy's boxers? Nah, I wouldn't want someone touching mine either.

Still, so far 3 have voted for it! Surprises me...

EMc 08-01-2007 02:20 AM

wait, there is a basket nearby? In the basket it goes.

ThaSaltCracka 08-01-2007 02:27 AM

I would fold towels. I suppose if you are sure its the same guys stuff and he had some shirts or pants MAYBE I would fold those, but that would seem to start a very gay pattern of feeling obligated to doing something that you really shouldn't be doing.

NLSoldier 08-01-2007 02:41 AM

i think you should at least put them in the basket in somewhat of an organized manner.

like you dont have to fold everything perfectly but maybe fold the jeans and shirts in half and then throw the socks and underwear on top.

Cornell Fiji 08-01-2007 02:51 AM

The past few years I lived in my fraternity house. We had a laundry machine in the basement.

Most people folded each others clothes if they were done in the dryer and they moved the clothes from the washer to the dryer if necessary (and if the clothes in the dryer were done they would fold those clothes.) It was a nice thing to do, people like to have their clothes dried and folded rather than wet and sitting atop the dirty dryer.

Since we were all friends living together it was natural to do the nice thing for your friends. I can't believe the poll results so far. You guys are a real bunch of [censored].

And lol at not wanting to touch underwear. They just came out of the machine. Stop being such panzies

asofel 08-01-2007 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The past few years I lived in my fraternity house. We had a laundry machine in the basement.

Most people folded each others clothes if they were done in the dryer and they moved the clothes from the washer to the dryer if necessary (and if the clothes in the dryer were done they would fold those clothes.) It was a nice thing to do, people like to have their clothes dried and folded rather than wet and sitting atop the dirty dryer.

Since we were all friends living together it was natural to do the nice thing for your friends. I can't believe the poll results so far. You guys are a real bunch of [censored].

And lol at not wanting to touch underwear. They just came out of the machine. Stop being such panzies

[/ QUOTE ]

Cracka, NL,

I agree. I basically put some of the bigger items into the basket in a somewhat organized manner, with the other things going where they may.

Fiji,

Its not so much that i think "OMG could i turn gay from touching them!?" as "eh i don't want someone else folding ALL of my stuff, just putting them nicely in my basket would be what I'd prefer."

Also, this isn't a frat house or a dorm with friends, I've never met the guy before. In my book I'd like a couple "hey how are ya" before I'm folding his boxers.

Plus, I already pushed someone's car out of an intersection today; I'm done saving the world, for tonight at least.

pergesu 08-01-2007 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pergesu 08-01-2007 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The past few years I lived in my fraternity house.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't you guys touch each other's underwear regardless of where it currently is or has been?

Jzo19 08-01-2007 03:43 AM

folding his clothes is a little 2 gay for my taste , next thing u know he's going to be leaving seductive pictures of himself in his laundry 4 u 2 find ...

themandude 08-01-2007 03:44 AM

This happened to me about 2 weeks ago, someone removed my recently dried clothes and folded all of them... the folding of my underwear was very attentive as well.

donkeylove 08-01-2007 04:34 AM

Once when I was newly married I had to have surgery,at the same time my wife herniated a disc in her back and we were both totally laid up. My father came in from out of state to basically give us a hand. My wife had managed to throw some laundry into an apartment machine. My father, trying to be helpful, grabbed some stuff out of dryer and started folding. I heard a loud shriek and stumbled out into hallway. My father was folding this chicks underwear from down the hall and she screamed because she thought he was some kind of freak. Overreaction on her part, but seeing the expression on my fathers face was priceless. This story reminded me of this, and no I wouldn't fold some guys underwear. Too gay.

Brainwalter 08-01-2007 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wait, there is a basket nearby? In the basket it goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

It puts the lotion on the skin.

JackAll 08-01-2007 05:57 AM

Guess u could fold his non-underwear items and just chuck the underwear in unfolded.

Ctrl.Dominate 08-01-2007 06:11 AM

If you need to use the machine fold his stuff if you're going to take it out otherwise leave it in the machine.

bleu329 08-01-2007 06:12 AM

wait for him and ask for his number. then you will know if you should be folding his underwear or not.

TheTruthSpeaks 08-01-2007 06:28 AM

Beat: Living in apartment building with one washer/dryer.

john voight 08-01-2007 06:30 AM

[x] Jack his cloths

KotOD 08-01-2007 10:18 AM

Is folding another guy's laundry like mowing another man's lawn?

Mike Gallo 08-01-2007 10:28 AM

I guess none of you guys have ever done time in prison. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

otnemem 08-01-2007 10:45 AM

On this issue, I'd think it was nice of him to fold my towels, but I'm not about to extend the same courtesy. If I had asked him to do it, that's a different story.

asofel 08-01-2007 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Beat: Living in apartment building with one washer/dryer.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
washer/dryer on each floor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids 08-01-2007 10:52 AM

People who leave their [censored] in the w/d for more than 10 minutes should consider themselves lucky their [censored] isn't thrown on the floor/pissed on by cats.

Will never live in a place w/o in unit w/d again.

btmagnetw 08-01-2007 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought this was gonna be a poll about [b]a euphemism for gay sex

[/ QUOTE ]

By-Tor 08-01-2007 11:01 AM

throw everything in the garbage.

how [censored] hard is it to set a timer and pick up your clothes ontime???

i am back in my laundry room either right-before or right-as the machines finish.

real consideration FTW

TimM 08-01-2007 11:09 AM

Who folds socks and underwear? It just gets thrown in a big drawer, right? It's ok to fold the pants.

traz 08-01-2007 11:12 AM

maybe he was too busy doing other oddly considerate deeds

Lottery Larry 08-01-2007 12:13 PM

1) Would you fold a woman's laundry, INCLUDING underwear, in that type of situation?

2) Fold the things that need folded- shirts, mainly- maybe pants. Socks, underwear and other things don't NEED to be folded right out of the dryer, to save their appearance.

Put the unfolded stuff in the bottom, any folded stuff on top and use the now-empty dryer.

oh, and leave him a note thanking him for the towels, you ungrateful tool

Sponger. 08-01-2007 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1) Would you fold a woman's laundry, INCLUDING underwear, in that type of situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but I'd put them in my mouth first.

Lottery Larry 08-01-2007 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but I'd put them in my mouth first.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew what YOU'D do, I was asking OP
:P

Bicycles_Biatch 08-01-2007 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

asofel 08-01-2007 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh, and leave him a note thanking him for the towels, you ungrateful tool

[/ QUOTE ]

excuse me?

and fwiw I did leave him a quick "thanks man"...

-u.t.

mo42nyy 08-01-2007 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
throw everything in the garbage.

how [censored] hard is it to set a timer and pick up your clothes ontime???

i am back in my laundry room either right-before or right-as the machines finish.

real consideration FTW

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] that it takes 2 mins to take my stuff out of the washing machine and into the dryer and i hate doing laundry

Ill drop my [censored] in the machine go get lunch or something and come back when Im done
If someone takes my stuff out who cares
Ill throw it in the dryer when I get back
Maybe Ill take a nap. maybe i wont get it until the next morning. There are about 10 dryers in my building im not wasting 2 hours playing laundry lady.