Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   devilfish (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=465962)

action44 07-31-2007 08:52 PM

devilfish

anyone else think hes annoying and corny?

imjoshsizemore 07-31-2007 08:53 PM

Re: devilfish

J 9 or 4 mother****** lmao

jmill2511 07-31-2007 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone: Yes

NicksDad1970 07-31-2007 09:24 PM

He's turning into a bigger jerk.

action44 07-31-2007 09:26 PM

i turned it to HOUSE is he out yet?

cold_cash 07-31-2007 09:56 PM

if you guys want to see him really go off check the other thread with the video link where he gets Helmuth all in w/ AA vs. 99, then makes some sweet jabs about how PH is such a good reader while slowrolling him, then gets out flopped and has a fit and calls the dealer names. it's sweet.

MafiaPrince 08-01-2007 11:29 AM

Devilfish turned all commercial went from suits and ties at the table to t-shirts showing off his boney arms advertising his own website..

JoeM 08-01-2007 01:22 PM

He is also getting OLD looking, fast.

bogey1 08-01-2007 01:41 PM

He's a complete ass. I forget the tourney, but he busted after shoving AK into 2 or 3 raisers. Got called by the magician guy who had KK and busted.

Afterwards, looking somewhat drunk, he's practically groping the WPT hostess saying something like "That's what makes me great baby, I do all the wrong things."

Like his bony balding ass has a prayer with the hostess (can't remember if it was Hiatt or the one after).

relayerdave 08-01-2007 01:50 PM

He'ds a crude jerk, but Burt had me twitching on the couch just watching him bound around like some crazed loon...

SuperUberBob 08-01-2007 02:06 PM

How many devilfish hate threads are there again?

The guy is a douche. Known and proven.

Bonified 08-01-2007 04:11 PM

He aged about 10 years overnight when he dropped the suit/glasses/slicked back hair look for whatever it's supposed to be now.

The irony is that we reckon he thought it would make him look younger, for the ladeeeeez.

Praetor 08-01-2007 04:16 PM

he has a different girlfriend everytime I see him though, so fair play

bogey1 08-01-2007 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he has a different hooker everytime I see him though, so fair play

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

xjimraketex 08-01-2007 07:35 PM

i like him

Suigin406 08-01-2007 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like him

[/ QUOTE ]

Kos13 08-01-2007 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like him

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? He's a big, whiny douche.

Hotel Detect 08-02-2007 01:30 AM

The worst was when he was rooting against himself and serioulsy looked like he was going to cry. Sucked out on in omaha who could have guessed.

Does this guy actually have a fanbase in Britain? Can someone explain why?

IMO there is a big difference between him and Hellmuth. Sure Hellmuth whines and calls a donk a donk but he doesn't verbally abuse the dealers as I have seen the fish do many times on TV.

Bonified 08-02-2007 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Does this guy actually have a fanbase in Britain? Can someone explain why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't know how many "fans" he has now. However, when the first televised poker came out in the UK, Devilfish was just the coolest player on it by about 10x. He was super-intimidating, and it helped that he won the first event and so had no bad beats to moan about :-)

So I would say, for a few years (round about 1998-2001) he was definitely the #1 most popular player. Now that there is so much poker on TV and the US circuit is so much more prevalent, I don't know. Certainly his change of image has lost him a lot of points IMO.

luckbox666 08-02-2007 12:25 PM

he's an ass and can't handle any beat. check out the angle shot on zeejustin at the H.O.R.S.E. event this year (it's in his blog). total dick. i used to respect him.

Jetto 08-02-2007 02:45 PM

hes hilarious

TexRef 08-02-2007 05:36 PM

He's always come off as a big D-Bag to me... I remember when he was playing against Raymer and made a pretty bad bluff that Raymer picked off. Then he said something like, "I should know not to bluff a calling station." -- as if Greg hadn't just PWNED him!!

rapidacid 08-02-2007 05:59 PM

I like him a lot ... he's an ass with a sense of humor.

Butcho22 08-02-2007 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He aged about 10 years overnight when he dropped the suit/glasses/slicked back hair look for whatever it's supposed to be now.

The irony is that we reckon he thought it would make him look younger, for the ladeeeeez.

[/ QUOTE ]

pics of the new old devil?

xjimraketex 08-02-2007 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i like him

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? He's a big, whiny douche.

[/ QUOTE ]
so what?
i used to NOT like him, but after the final table i really like him.
and let him whine!
if u lose a final table just because some crazy goofball sucks out on everybody at the table you have the right to whine!
its the wsop world champion in PLO ffs!

SteelWheel 08-03-2007 02:11 AM

Watching this final table made me wish for a return to last year's, much more restrictive version of the "F-bomb" rule.

Hearing <bleep> every other word made me think I was watching the Jerry Springer show or something.

LooseCaller 08-03-2007 04:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Watching this final table made me wish for a return to last year's, much more restrictive version of the "F-bomb" rule.

Hearing <bleep> every other word made me think I was watching the Jerry Springer show or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

people who dont like cursing can go [censored] themselves.

Brocktoon 08-03-2007 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he's an ass and can't handle any beat. check out the angle shot on zeejustin at the H.O.R.S.E. event this year (it's in his blog). total dick. i used to respect him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you referring to Robert Williamson? I can't find anything about a Devilfish angleshoot in ZJs blog.

ActionJeff 08-04-2007 06:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Like his bony balding ass has a prayer with the hostess (can't remember if it was Hiatt or the one after).

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be surprised. I don't know anything about how he acts at the table, but every single time I've seen devilfish he has been:

(1) drunk/stoned out of his mind
(2) completely incomprehensible
(3) performing some ridiculous stunt or musical routine
(4) surrounded by at least 3 girls who are at worst 8s, all staring at him with looks of adoration on their face

In Aruba, he got on the stage with the live band, took the lead guitarist's guitar, and played and sang Sultans of Swing. And he was really good.

Later that night I saw him at Carlos and Charlies, on the stage giving some 21yo girl a lapdance while stripping. She seemed to be enjoying it too- and he was a pretty good dancer! (Devilfish ex male stripper?)

In Monaco, I saw him at a party. His social group was taking up an entire corner of the club, and was composed of himself, a couple disgruntled looking euros, and at least 12 hot girls staring at him in rapt attention as he told some incomprehensible story. Later that night, some friends and I were walking to a new place when I ran into Devilfish waiting on a corner for a cab. I asked him where he was going, and managed to discern "high stakes poker game" from his response. He invited me to come to the game. At this point, I had met into Devilfish at least 5 times prior at live tournaments, and every time I had been unable to figure out whether he remembered me in the slightest. I told him I didn't have much money on me, and he offered to stake me with no other details. Having no idea what this might mean for me, and realizing he was having some difficulty standing, I chose not to take him up on the offer.

In Dublin, some friends and I were in the crappy hotel lobby, enjoying a drink while waiting for some other people. There was some oldish lady on the piano. Devilfish walked into the room, spotted the piano, and managed to steal it from her long enough to perform an excellent rendition of honky tonk blues. Immediately afterwards, a group of beautiful women appeared out of nowhere to clap for him and welcome him into their social circle.

I can't understand a word he says ever, and I have no idea if the women who seem to be magnetically attracted to him can, but he always impresses me with his awesomeness.

So, even if the guy is an awful poker player and a miserable human being to people at the poker table, I'd cut him some slack. The man is just living his life.

kemystery 08-04-2007 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be surprised. I don't know anything about how he acts at the table, but every single time I've seen devilfish he has been:

(1) drunk/stoned out of his mind
(2) completely incomprehensible
(3) performing some ridiculous stunt or musical routine
(4) surrounded by at least 3 girls who are at worst 8s, all staring at him with looks of adoration on their face

In Aruba, he got on the stage with the live band, took the lead guitarist's guitar, and played and sang Sultans of Swing. And he was really good.

Later that night I saw him at Carlos and Charlies, on the stage giving some 21yo girl a lapdance while stripping. She seemed to be enjoying it too- and he was a pretty good dancer! (Devilfish ex male stripper?)

In Monaco, I saw him at a party. His social group was taking up an entire corner of the club, and was composed of himself, a couple disgruntled looking euros, and at least 12 hot girls staring at him in rapt attention as he told some incomprehensible story. Later that night, some friends and I were walking to a new place when I ran into Devilfish waiting on a corner for a cab. I asked him where he was going, and managed to discern "high stakes poker game" from his response. He invited me to come to the game. At this point, I had met into Devilfish at least 5 times prior at live tournaments, and every time I had been unable to figure out whether he remembered me in the slightest. I told him I didn't have much money on me, and he offered to stake me with no other details. Having no idea what this might mean for me, and realizing he was having some difficulty standing, I chose not to take him up on the offer.

In Dublin, some friends and I were in the crappy hotel lobby, enjoying a drink while waiting for some other people. There was some oldish lady on the piano. Devilfish walked into the room, spotted the piano, and managed to steal it from her long enough to perform an excellent rendition of honky tonk blues. Immediately afterwards, a group of beautiful women appeared out of nowhere to clap for him and welcome him into their social circle.

I can't understand a word he says ever, and I have no idea if the women who seem to be magnetically attracted to him can, but he always impresses me with his awesomeness.

So, even if the guy is an awful poker player and a miserable human being to people at the poker table, I'd cut him some slack. The man is just living his life.

[/ QUOTE ]

speaking of a party, did pics from that rager you threw ever get posted?

john voight 08-04-2007 09:16 PM

AJ, what is devil fish doing right now?

killsadie 08-04-2007 11:23 PM

i hope hes naked.

oddsock 08-05-2007 09:45 PM

he's entertaining to watch but i wouldnt want him next to me on a long flight.

Albert Moulton 08-05-2007 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to hear what he says through all the BEEPS over his curse words.

I enjoyed watching him.

DCJ311 08-06-2007 12:51 PM

I've run into him two times:

1) Was playing 2/5 NL during the WSOP around 3 AM. There was an annoying drunk guy to my left berating people every other hand. I would take jabs at him every once in a while but the game was too good for me to quit.

Anyways, at one point he goes on a long, semi-explicit tirade about how bad I am after I check raise him allin and show him a bluff. Out of nowhere, I feel a hand on my shoulder and a voice speak up, saying "Anything you want to say to my mate here you're going to have to say to me."

Obviously it was Devilfish, holding a glass of scotch in the other hand and looking pretty sloshed. The guy quickly STFUs and doesn't say a peep the rest of the night. Devilfish asks me "How are you, mate?" and I just respond very cordially. I wasn't sure if he thought he knew me or thought that I was just English or something.

2) The other time I ran into him was at the Bellagio salon during the main event this year (he had busted out). I had just finished getting my hair cut and Devilfish was waiting about 6 feet from my chair since he had an appointment with my barber there. He was wearing a robe and looking very suave. He introduces himself to me and compliments me on the style, and I say thanks, and pretend like I don't play much poker but that I know him from TV, etc.

He introduces himself as David, and I tell him that's my name as well. As I'm leaving he says "If you see me again mate let's have a drink at the bar." I laugh and say OK. Anyways the guy might come across as a douche on TV but my experiences with him have been hilarious.

quirkasaurus 08-06-2007 02:50 PM

Love the piano, singing, dancing, girl stories.
after reading these posts, devilfish rules!

i liked him during the monaco millions tourney or whatever...
didn't see the ending, but at the start, he got big stacked
and was bullying the table quite successfully. the others
included Chris Fergusan, Phil Hellmuth, John Juwanda,
Mike Matusow, Phil Ivey and Gus Hansen, I believe...

but the hellmuth tirade and the PLO final table...
inexcusable behavior.

pig4bill 08-07-2007 03:14 AM

What happened to the WSOP penalty for dropping F-bombs?

SmokeyRidesAgain 08-07-2007 04:07 AM

I was more embarassed at the commentators than devilfish on that wsop plo final table. Norman Chad is an utter tool I hope he gets hit by a bus.

gemininini 08-07-2007 09:06 AM

He can come across as incredibly arrogant and offensive but it really is all tongue in cheek.
It's a very english, in particular northern english, sense of humour which isn't especially amusing for anyone else other than the person performing. Which is exactly what 95% of Ulliott's persona is; a performance.
I think he's pretty cool myself.

intheflatfield 08-07-2007 02:58 PM

He used to annoy me, but the more I see him, the more he grows on me. I think he was hilarious in the Omaha broadcast..FWIW