Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MTT Community (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Drug Posts (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=465507)

Jurollo 07-31-2007 12:46 PM

Drug Posts

Ok,
Yesterday got a lot of random BS and then people got mad that these threads were locked. So basically this is going to be the new norm. Drug posts are not welcome here. I don't care what they are but they aren't welcome. There are many other forums here to make these posts and MTT isn't going to be one of them anymore. If you mention something in passing in a trip report then thats fine, but if it is the sole thrust of your thread its gone. Bottom line is, whether some of you acknowledge it or not, its illegal. In the future I will be handing out temp bans and warnings for stuff here.

Jurollo 07-31-2007 12:48 PM

Re: Drug Posts

please disregard this disjointed ramble that was pre-edit

kutuz_off 07-31-2007 12:51 PM

Uh...just to play devil's advocate...are posters from Washington state still allowed to post about playing online poker?

Jurollo 07-31-2007 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uh...just to play devil's advocate...are posters from Washington state still allowed to post about playing online poker?

[/ QUOTE ]
WP, technically they probably shouldn't for their own sake. I am not policing that though. Selective morality ftw.

SofaKing420 07-31-2007 12:56 PM

mmm...drugs are bad....mmmmkay

bonds25 07-31-2007 12:58 PM

Good policy in my opinion.

ASPoker8 07-31-2007 12:58 PM

so does this mean we have to perma-ban shaundeeb?

THAY3R 07-31-2007 01:00 PM

POKER IS A DRUG MANNNN

Foucault 07-31-2007 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so does this mean we have to perma-ban shaundeeb?

[/ QUOTE ]

Although his insightful analysis and razor-sharp wit can be addictive, Shaun is not, medically speaking, a drug.

Perplexity 07-31-2007 01:20 PM

ban thay3r for his avatar?

IWEARGOGGLES 07-31-2007 01:21 PM

STRAIGHT....EDGE....REVENGE!!!!!!!

ZJ123 07-31-2007 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Change your location if your not gonna gonna update ur blog!

shaundeeb 07-31-2007 01:34 PM

this is a joke justin, you getting all emo on us. I kind of wish you didn't have a good wsop now and would of left poker and thus left as a mod. We have fun sorry you aren't included in this clique for once and now are having a hissy fit because others are having more public fun without you being in the circle.

I just hope one of your half ass weekly attempts at business work so we don't need to deal with you and your big bad ban stick. Long live augie; Bond4mod.

Also, this is the most improper punctuation and grammer I will attempt to ever use.

~VOLCANOWNED

THEOSU 07-31-2007 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gauss independently rediscovered several important theorems; his breakthrough occurred in 1796 when he was able to show that any regular polygon with a number of sides which is a Fermat prime (and, consequently, those polygons with any number of sides which is the product of distinct Fermat primes and a power of 2) can be constructed by compass and straightedge.... Gauss was so pleased by this result that he requested that a regular heptadecagon be inscribed on his tombstone. The stonemason declined, stating that the difficult construction would essentially look like a circle.

Ansky 07-31-2007 01:41 PM

But dude, we are so cool we can do drugs.

DonkeyChip 07-31-2007 01:47 PM

How many examples of 'illegal' things that are discussed routinely need to be mentioned for you to loosen up...just a little bit? Puhleeeze...it's not because it's illegal...it's because you don't like it.

Jurollo 07-31-2007 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How many examples of 'illegal' things that are discussed routinely need to be mentioned for you to loosen up...just a little bit? Puhleeeze...it's not because it's illegal...it's because you don't like it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Its because it doesn't belong here.

Shaun,
You are ridiculous. I am sorry but thats the only response I can come up with to that post. Trust me I am not sad to not be in this clique. Like I said, there are many other forums where you can talk about how many junior bacon cheeseburgers you ate yesterday after ripping your bong but the MTT forums are not that place.

Bottom line is, it doesn't belong here and won't be allowed here.

Soulman 07-31-2007 01:52 PM

Jurollo for mod [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

ZJ123 07-31-2007 01:54 PM

Can we hug it out fellas?

THAY3R 07-31-2007 01:54 PM

No no no Justin, you are thinking of Australians.

NHFunkii 07-31-2007 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is a joke justin, you getting all emo on us. I kind of wish you didn't have a good wsop now and would of left poker and thus left as a mod. We have fun sorry you aren't included in this clique for once and now are having a hissy fit because others are having more public fun without you being in the circle.

I just hope one of your half ass weekly attempts at business work so we don't need to deal with you and your big bad ban stick. Long live augie; Bond4mod.

Also, this is the most improper punctuation and grammer I will attempt to ever use.

~VOLCANOWNED

[/ QUOTE ]

wait is this post serious? I thought it was a joke but justin responded seriously

sorry but he's right, these posts have been retarded and are pretty much pure bbv4l

EC10 07-31-2007 01:56 PM

i think the type of posts that jurollo and ZBT want to put an end to are what make mttc a much tighter community than any other 2p2 subforum.

ASPoker8 07-31-2007 01:58 PM

I can never tell if Shaun is serious or not

KneeCo 07-31-2007 01:58 PM

I do think the limits have been pushed over the last few months, on more than one occasion in a TS or Vegas or something thread someone has posted "out of drugs, does anyone have some to sell me", which is kinda dumb on a lot of levels.

As for just the "VOLCANOOO!!!!111!" posts, meh, they def get old but I don't see any point in locking.

Edit: When I say that, I mean like a shaundeeb sweat thread where people make tired Volcano jokes or a TS/Vegas thread or the like. Obv I have no prob locking a thread created just to talk drugs, though off the top of my head I can't recall having seen one.
Also, it's worth reminding the Deeb/Thay3r and co. clique that Shaniac still holds the crown as 2p2 pot fiend and no one is ever going to catch Junglen as overall 2p2 walking pharmacist.

THAY3R 07-31-2007 01:59 PM

Jemaine: There is only one kind of dance: the Robot.
Bret: And the Robo Boogie.
Jemaine: Oh, yes. Two kinds of dances.

mirrorman 07-31-2007 02:01 PM

how can anyone with even the slightest sense of humor ban someone for posts similar to that of KRANTZ' heads up video featuring the weed brownies? the talk of drugs simply makes things more enjoyable to read about and obviously to do.

Jurollo 07-31-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how can anyone with even the slightest sense of humor ban someone for posts similar to that of KRANTZ' heads up video featuring the weed brownies? the talk of drugs simply makes things more enjoyable to read about and obviously to do.

[/ QUOTE ]
obv!

EC10 et al,
While you might be right to some extent the people that a ton of drug talk puts off way outweighs the increased sense of community that some people who enjoy drugs get from posting. This is a tournament forum, not a drug forum. There are drug forums on the internet, there are forums on this site like bbv, oot, etc that are much more general and lenient about such things. These forums won't be.

As for the locking of threads. It wasn't one thread that made that happen. It was the fact that everyday some nonsense post about someone going to Wendy's popped up. If you have a great story to tell your friends, tell you friends. If its really good then go ahead and post it here, but MTT and MTTc and HSMTT doesn't need to hear everytime you get high and eat fast food or say something silly.

shaundeeb 07-31-2007 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think the type of posts that jurollo and ZBT want to put an end to are what make mttc a much tighter community than any other 2p2 subforum.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding this forum I always was thought was about topics the mtt community liked to discuss. I didn't think anyone had a problem with our joke ridden threads except for ZBT and Justin. If MTTc hated the posts they wouldn't get soo many replies and get bumped. I don't recall any thread where anyone said they outright wanted it to stop outside of the mods.

If people went to you privately that's fine but molding MTTc into what you want and not what the people want will just make it [censored] and useless forum. I'm sorry we aren't what you expect us to be justin but don't worry we don't expect much from you anyway.

Bakes 07-31-2007 02:11 PM

yeah, i've never seen a "drug" OP. just a lot of volcano references in every thread, who gives a [censored]? people blaze.

THAY3R 07-31-2007 02:12 PM

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

- Ronald Reagan

Bakes 07-31-2007 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Volcano exists to protect us from each other. Where volcano has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from volcano

- Volcano Volcano

[/ QUOTE ]

qft

Jurollo 07-31-2007 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

- Ronald Reagan

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea Thayer. I am sure Reagan meant to protect people talking about getting high and eating junk food with that speech. Sigh.

MJBuddy 07-31-2007 02:14 PM

To be fair, Bakes, yesterday a LOT of "drug" induced OP were made and spammed the board a bit. I'm almost...entirely sure that's what brought this about.

IWEARGOGGLES 07-31-2007 02:15 PM

YOU GUYS ARE ALL [censored] RETARDED AND NOT FUNNY.

AND NO I WILL NOT UPDATE MY BLOG BECAUSE IT WOULD JUST BE ME WHINING ABOUT RUNNING BAD.

Bakes 07-31-2007 02:16 PM

oh. well obv i wouldn't want people making [censored] spammy drug threads in MTTC, but to end all talk in every thread? kinda overboard imo. just delete the bad threads, tempban spammers if its out of line, etc. standard mod things, not I WILL BAN U 4 TEH DRUGS.

THAY3R 07-31-2007 02:16 PM

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.

- Ronald Reagan

ASPoker8 07-31-2007 02:16 PM

I still cant tell whos being serious and whos not

Jurollo 07-31-2007 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh. well obv i wouldn't want people making [censored] spammy drug threads in MTTC, but to end all talk in every thread? kinda overboard imo. just delete the bad threads, tempban spammers if its out of line, etc. standard mod things, not I WILL BAN U 4 TEH DRUGS.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bakes,
I said in the OP that if it is referenced in a trip report or something then its fine. I don't care about the stupid little references and I think thats clear. But 4-5 posts in a day about little things you did when you were high isnt going to be allowed anymore. I'm sorry but its not.

Bakes 07-31-2007 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still cant tell whos being serious and whos not

[/ QUOTE ]

http://static.flickr.com/45/147098915_8ad1acd38b_o.jpg

mikeymer 07-31-2007 02:20 PM

mttc has gone to [censored] anyway, might as well let ppl talk about their cool bongs and increasing appetites.