Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   360 HD DVD Player Price Drop (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=464885)

jonyy6788 07-30-2007 07:13 PM

360 HD DVD Player Price Drop

$180 and comes w/ 5 HD movie offer, holla

official link

Nicholasp27 07-30-2007 07:32 PM

Re: 360 HD DVD Player Price Drop

not bad at all

360 def looks better than ps3

hd-dvds come in dual-format sometimes, unlike blu-ray; and 5 hd movies would cost u close to 150

dawade 07-30-2007 07:32 PM

You would think I would get a little credit for showing you this offer?

capone0 07-30-2007 07:39 PM

Apollo 13
Casablanca
Four Brothers
The Rundown
U-571
Seabiscuit
Constantine
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
Blazing Saddles
The Perfect Storm
The Chronicles of Riddick
Dukes of Hazzard
Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow
U2: Rattle and Hum
We Were Soldiers

These are the 15 movies. Nothing too exciting but still quite a deal.

jonyy6788 07-30-2007 07:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You would think I would get a little credit for showing you this offer?

[/ QUOTE ]

NIT

TheCroShow 07-30-2007 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
San Diego—Today at Comic-Con International 2007, Microsoft Corp. announced it will lower the price of the popular Xbox 360™ HD DVD Player from $199 to $179 (in the U.S. only) starting August 1, 2007, and will add five free HD DVD movies for anyone purchasing an Xbox 360 HD DVD Player between August 1 and September 30.

[/ QUOTE ]

=(

sharpie 07-31-2007 01:39 AM

Just in case anyone hasn't seen it, here is the form for 5 free blu-ray movies when you buy a PS3.

Thanir 07-31-2007 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just in case anyone hasn't seen it, here is the form for 5 free blu-ray movies when you buy a PS3.

[/ QUOTE ]
What does this have to do with the HD DVD or the 360?

SBR 07-31-2007 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What does this have to do with the HD DVD or the 360?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh someone posted a deal people may want to take advantage of. He is also posting a deal people may want to take advantage of. What the hell is your problem?

grouchie 07-31-2007 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If only I could take advantage of that offer when I get my PS3 thorugh pokerstars.

Nicholasp27 07-31-2007 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ps3 list is better IMO when looking at which movies i'd want to own on HD dvd/bluray

AceLuby 07-31-2007 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ps3 list is better IMO when looking at which movies i'd want to own on HD dvd/bluray

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because blue-ray has more exclusives and sales for blue-ray have done better than HD-DVD. More sales means more companies making blue-ray movies.

Nicholasp27 07-31-2007 12:23 PM

no; it's based on the 20 or so games that they chose to allow us to get for free

there may be 10x more hd-dvd movies i want than blu-ray movies, but on these specific lists, i'd rather have the blu-ray list

u can't logically extend that out

LT22 08-24-2007 11:28 PM

FYI: This comes with King Kong now

Question: When I'm watching regular movies, I can always stretch it to fit my entire screen by hitting Display on the 360 remote. How the hell do I do it with the HD movies?

Dire 08-25-2007 12:15 AM

Many offers (such as Best Buys) also come with King Kong and 300 as well as the 5 movies now. Not sure about the stretching thing.

TheCroShow 08-25-2007 03:11 AM

does the HD DVD player come in white only? =/

LT22 08-25-2007 03:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
does the HD DVD player come in white only? =/

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

TheCroShow 09-27-2007 03:54 AM

to those of you that have the hd dvd player add-on,

have you had any compatibility issues with any hd dvds? read a couple of threads in the xbox forums and some have had difficulty watching some movies such as: the departed, 300 and hot fuzz.

this worries me a little bit because i'm thinking of getting the hd dvd add-on

gusmahler 09-27-2007 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
have you had any compatibility issues with any hd dvds? read a couple of threads in the xbox forums and some have had difficulty watching some movies such as: the departed, 300 and hot fuzz.

[/ QUOTE ]Unfortunately, haven't had a chance to test newer movies (like the ones you mentioned) in the add-on. But I've probably played about a dozen HD-DVD movies in the player and have never had a problem.

You can look for more data at AVS Forum

daaaaahawkz 09-27-2007 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not bad at all

hd-dvds come in dual-format sometimes, unlike blu-ray; and 5 hd movies would cost u close to 150

[/ QUOTE ]

bluray = 1080p and its free with the ps3
HD-DUD = 1080i oh and its almost 200 xtra bucks

Thanir 09-27-2007 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My buddy has the HD DVD addon and has 300 in HD...never had an issue watching it.

TheCroShow 09-27-2007 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My buddy has the HD DVD addon and has 300 in HD...never had an issue watching it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i researched it some more today, it used to be an issue, but was fixed with xbox console updates

Mike E. Vegas 09-28-2007 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. false.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HD_DVD

x2ski 09-28-2007 01:21 AM

I bought a new bulb for my projector through ProVantage.

I swear to god the thing was on my doorstep before they even charged my debit card. It was regular shipping too, but fast as lightning.

As a result, I am impressed with these guys, and they have been around a long time, although I'd never heard of them before finding their site while searching for a replacement bulb.

Anyway, I ramble... $154.38 at ProVantage:

http://www.provantage.com/microsoft-...3~7MSSX04P.htm

Shoe 09-28-2007 01:17 PM

If you buy it through Amazon, you can get 8 free HD DVDS with this offer. It comes with king kong now, plus amazon allows you to select 2 free additional HD DVD's in addition to the ones listed (I chose 300 and Beerfest). It says you can only select 1, but most combinations of 2 work. Offer expires 9/30 though so buy now if you are planning to get one!

grouchie 09-28-2007 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you buy it through Amazon, you can get 8 free HD DVDS with this offer. It comes with king kong now, plus amazon allows you to select 2 free additional HD DVD's in addition to the ones listed (I chose 300 and Beerfest). It says you can only select 1, but most combinations of 2 work. Offer expires 9/30 though so buy now if you are planning to get one!

[/ QUOTE ]

looks like now is the time to buy.... guess i know what i'll be looking at after work tonight!

Freakin 09-28-2007 02:54 PM

I may have to buy an extra one... these work on PCs too, if y'all didn't know that...

Shoe 09-29-2007 11:07 PM

Ugh, just got mine and the freaking eject button doesn't work. Push the button on the machine, nothing.

I can open it with the controller when it is empty, but if there is a dvd in the disc tray it will not open (the menu item that says "open tray" turns into "play movie" and there is no option to eject the disc). The only way for me to get a disc out is to shove a paper clip in that little emergency eject hole.

Called microsoft and I need to ship to them, and they are sending me a new one once they receive mine. Hopefully the new one will actually work and hopefully none of you have the same problem. If anyone else has had the same problem and was able to fix it, please let me know.

Also, why does the universal remote eject button open the 360 console and not the player, or atleast have an option for both. Very frustrating, hope others who ordered have better luck than me.

TheCroShow 09-30-2007 05:57 AM

picked mine up tonight. watched Knocked Up in HD and it was great! I also picked up 300 and it did not play =( going to try wipe it down with a soft cloth because there was a tiny smudge on it when i first opened it (weird). popped in King Kong, it played without a problem

Freakin 09-30-2007 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, just got mine and the freaking eject button doesn't work. Push the button on the machine, nothing.

I can open it with the controller when it is empty, but if there is a dvd in the disc tray it will not open (the menu item that says "open tray" turns into "play movie" and there is no option to eject the disc). The only way for me to get a disc out is to shove a paper clip in that little emergency eject hole.

Called microsoft and I need to ship to them, and they are sending me a new one once they receive mine. Hopefully the new one will actually work and hopefully none of you have the same problem. If anyone else has had the same problem and was able to fix it, please let me know.

Also, why does the universal remote eject button open the 360 console and not the player, or atleast have an option for both. Very frustrating, hope others who ordered have better luck than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

exact same thing happened to me when I got it.

Edge34 09-30-2007 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not bad at all

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the PS3 60 GB system costs $500 base, as opposed to the $350 that the Xbox Premium (granted, 20 GB standard) costs. If you want a more accurate depiction, the 80 GB PS3 (with motorstorm, ooh) costs $600, whereas the 120 gig 360 elite costs ~$450.

Seriously, did you register on 2p2 just to hype ps3 and bash the 360? Jesus.

Dire 09-30-2007 03:16 PM

..not to mention the fact that 360 HD-DVD player can [obviously] playback at 1080p.

AceLuby 09-30-2007 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not bad at all

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the PS3 60 GB system costs $500 base, as opposed to the $350 that the Xbox Premium (granted, 20 GB standard) costs. If you want a more accurate depiction, the 80 GB PS3 (with motorstorm, ooh) costs $600, whereas the 120 gig 360 elite costs ~$450.

Seriously, did you register on 2p2 just to hype ps3 and bash the 360? Jesus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it price is one of the deciding factors? To get both of my systems (roughly) the same I spent the same amount for each. No wifi on the 360 though. $100 wasn't worth it since the PS3 can use the wifi and I can use the extra ethernet cord space for my 360.

Yeah, and w/ the HDMI cable the 360 can obviously produce 1080p (HD-DVD and games). Stop spreading rumors about something you know nothing about.

Edge34 09-30-2007 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it price is one of the deciding factors?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because people don't want to HAVE to spend $600-$700 to get a video game system.

The troll daaaaaahawks makes it his mission to spread misinformation and for some reason does nothing but bash 360. The simple fact of the matter is that price is important to the average consumer.

Now, if you quoted and replied to my post yet meant to talk about what hawks said, that's cool, but I'm confused about what you're getting at with me.

Shoe 09-30-2007 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you find a fix for it, or did you have to return it for a new one too?

AceLuby 10-01-2007 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is it price is one of the deciding factors?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because people don't want to HAVE to spend $600-$700 to get a video game system.

The troll daaaaaahawks makes it his mission to spread misinformation and for some reason does nothing but bash 360. The simple fact of the matter is that price is important to the average consumer.

Now, if you quoted and replied to my post yet meant to talk about what hawks said, that's cool, but I'm confused about what you're getting at with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't HAVE to spend $600, but if you want HDMI, 4 controllers, and more than 20 GB of HD you start to get up there. IMO, you really need those extras to truly experience the system. The way it was meant to be played. However, if that's not important to you then by all means get the cheaper version. It just wasn't an option for me.

Freakin 10-01-2007 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you find a fix for it, or did you have to return it for a new one too?

[/ QUOTE ]

warranty replacement. Kinda funny cause I sent it in and lost my tracking number. USPS basically didn't deliver it and when I called M$ two months later to ask WTF they said "we didn't receive the package. Your RMA has been closed because you didn't send it in". I paid for the shipping with cash from the post office and assumed all was lost.

About 2 weeks later the new drive was on my porch =)

DukeSucks 10-20-2007 02:28 PM

Best Buy on Sunday has the HD-DVD for $179 plus Heroes S1, plus King Kong, plus the five free movies

link

If these movies interest you, the DVD drive is basically free.

Phoenix1010 10-20-2007 02:43 PM

Wow this is almost too good to pass up. If my box had the HDMI port I pretty much wouldn't have a choice.

4 High 10-20-2007 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Best Buy on Sunday has the HD-DVD for $179 plus Heroes S1, plus King Kong, plus the five free movies

link

If these movies interest you, the DVD drive is basically free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow i think i might finally break down and get it.