Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   This is the best spot to be in...but I always f it up (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=463346)

bruin 07-28-2007 09:06 PM

This is the best spot to be in...but I always f it up

NO real reads except that villain appears to be solid. In general, what's your guys favorite line for getting his stack here?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($102.45)
BB ($132.45)
UTG ($253.50)
Hero ($98.50)
Button ($132.15)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $15</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $10.

Flop: ($32) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $22</font>, Hero calls $22.

Turn: ($76) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero

mark_foley 07-28-2007 09:15 PM

Re: This is the best spot to be in...but I always f it up

Raise the flop, as played bet 60.

bilbo-san 07-28-2007 09:15 PM

How is this hard? Bet $30.

If he calls, shove river. If he folds, you weren't getting his stack anyway.

jessyj07 07-28-2007 09:15 PM

you should check. reload prefloop as well.

steel108 07-28-2007 09:22 PM

I would have raised flop. As played, bet 50 on the turn, looks like villan is trying to stack a donk here.

FGators 07-28-2007 09:50 PM

$30, wtf?

Bet like $60.

PropMike 07-28-2007 09:52 PM

Minraise the flop. Then next time do it with air.

voila.

Okay, a line more acceptable to 2+2? Jamming flop and calling flop are both fine I think. As played, what do you have behind? $61? Just shove the turn. Obviously his range is geared pretty high from preflop action, but it's still a drawy board. I don't think villain has anything, though. The turn completed two highly unlikely straight draws, but it put a whole bunch of new and scary draws on the board, I can't believe an overpair is letting you see a free river here often.

Nielsio 07-28-2007 09:52 PM

Raise flop. Don't risk scarecards. If he has AK, then too bad.

Preflop is a little thin I think (in terms of implied odds).

ThaHero 07-28-2007 09:55 PM

Usually I raise these flops personally.

orange 07-28-2007 09:59 PM

i typically bet like 35. i like calling the flop tbh, though shoving is definitely an option.

bilbo-san 07-28-2007 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$30, wtf?

Bet like $60.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Better protect against the 2-outer and the runner-runner flush. Plus, leave yourself a $12 river bet or so. Oh, yeah, and maximize your FE vs. JJ FTW.

This is why you suck.

Anyone heard of manipulating the pot size? Anyone? Bueller?

If you don't raise the flop (which is also a fine option), betting 1/2 pot now is WAY better than making a PSB. lol.

Michaelson 07-28-2007 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i typically bet like 35. i like calling the flop tbh, though shoving is definitely an option.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like betting $35 against a fish, but against anyone who's really considering what's going on it basically announces "I'm committing you to the pot with my monster hand."

bilbo-san 07-28-2007 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like betting $35 against a fish, but against anyone who's really considering what's going on it basically announces "I'm committing you to the pot with my monster hand."

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 'cause if you push, you are not at ALL announcing that, lol.

WTF with this logic.

No one folds QQ+ here, ever. You want him to call with JJ, and you want him to push with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], or you want him to think his A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is worth calling with if he was 3-betting light.

Against QQ+, it just doesn't matter. So you maximize your expectation vs. draws.

And don't tell me that I am pricing A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or some such in, either, because you aren't, lol.

Michaelson 07-28-2007 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$30, wtf?

Bet like $60.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Better protect against the 2-outer and the runner-runner flush. Plus, leave yourself a $12 river bet or so. Oh, yeah, and maximize your FE vs. JJ FTW.

This is why you suck.

If you don't raise the flop (which is also a fine option), betting 1/2 pot now is WAY better than making a PSB. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone heard of not being completely transparent with your betting patters?

I know it doesn't matter against a lot of players, probablymost at 100NL, but a blanket decree that betting half your stack so that you've got a 1/4 PSB left on the river is crazy stupid. You're screaming "I have a monster" at him.

And, uh, there are two flush draws and six additional cards that complete an open ended four card straight draw, it's not like the board is innocuous (though obviously his range is weighted pretty heavily towards big cards...)

bilbo-san 07-28-2007 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
$30, wtf?

Bet like $60.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why you suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone heard of not being completely transparent with your betting patters?

I know it doesn't matter against a lot of players, probablymost at 100NL, but a blanket decree that betting half your stack so that you've got a 1/4 PSB left on the river is crazy stupid. You're screaming "I have a monster" at him.

And, uh, there are two flush draws and six additional cards that complete an open ended four card straight draw, it's not like the board is innocuous (though obviously his range is weighted pretty heavily towards big cards...)

[/ QUOTE ]

Worrying about draws in this spot == MUBs.

Worrying about transparency here == silly.

This isn't a game theory spot.

Name a hand that calls a push but folds to $30.

Dex 07-29-2007 05:23 AM

Probably fold pf w/your stack size

Shove the flop

KCrow 07-29-2007 06:07 AM

Fold pf. The way it's been played, push the turn.

Noam Chomsky 07-29-2007 10:24 AM

meh, villain has big cards a lot here and is just giving up. I like a check behind.

I really hate the half stack bet but I've never used it either so I guess it could be effective.