Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   A light call down good for the soul? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=462895)

Barrin6 07-28-2007 06:11 AM

A light call down good for the soul?

reads: Probably a bad player who is loose pf. 40/7/.7

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $226.15
BB: $462.10
UTG: $108.30
Hero (CO): $280.65
BTN: $213.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $2.00, <font color="red">Hero raises to $9.00</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls $7.00

Flop: ($21) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $18.00</font>, UTG calls $18.00

Turn: ($57) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($57) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets all-in for $81.30</font>, Hero calls $81.30

Pot Size: $219.60 ($3 Rake)

davidwrunner 07-28-2007 06:35 AM

Re: A light call down good for the soul?

A bad player with low aggression - and u think he is suddenly aggressively bluffing?
What are his showdown stats??
If he is a typical loose fish i think u are beat - or at the very least u will have better opportunities to take his money more safely

Colours 07-28-2007 06:48 AM

Instant fold.

5thStreetHog 07-28-2007 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Instant fold.

[/ QUOTE ]Im not sure about an instant fold,this is a missed draw alot.I agree that its a fold most of the time but it can be a very hard read.Having said all that i fold,but its def not ever an instant fold for me at least.

Nthnuts 07-28-2007 07:58 AM

I think you need a better read here than just probably a bad loose player. I don't think many loose passive players are going to overbet shove a missed draw here.

Nielsio 07-28-2007 08:01 AM

Your big flop bet made it impossible for you to bet the turn without committing yourself. And now you've repped whiffed 100% (big flop bet to rep strength and then shut down).

Colours 07-28-2007 08:14 AM

Calling an overbet from a player who's most likely not capable of shoving missed draws is an instant fold for me. I rather find a better spot to take his stack (read: value bet himn to death).

Nick Royale 07-28-2007 08:17 AM

Bet less on the flop. On the river I would be more inclined to call a psb, ime the oversized bets are more likely to be made when villain has been slowplaying and now want full value from his hand. Besides he seems passive. I think it's close, calling is fine but when making a decision like this I'm always looking at ftcb and bet riv % stats as well as they give a better idea of his bluffing frequency.

5thStreetHog 07-28-2007 08:52 AM

Betting less on this drawy flop against someone who is limping almost any two is just dumb to me,are we trying to give him odds to suck us out,thats the idea???I hate this thought process.

Nielsio 07-28-2007 09:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Betting less on this drawy flop against someone who is limping almost any two is just dumb to me,are we trying to give him odds to suck us out,thats the idea???I hate this thought process.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the turn and see who you are criticizing.

5thStreetHog 07-28-2007 09:08 AM

I agree its a tough spot once we are called on the flop and it gets even tougher taking the free card after the turn,but it doesnt change my mind about firing the flop here.Just my two cents,i like hearing other thoughts as well and i see what you are saying but im not sure i agree.

modnareno 07-28-2007 09:13 AM

I think calling is fine, i doubt it matters too much. Its hard to figure out how these players mind works, and sometimes something will snap and he'll be like "lol i gotta bet to win this pot!!"

Nick Royale 07-28-2007 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Villain has less implied odds than he thinks. If the flush hits I'm not putting another $ in the pot. Since that's the case we do not need to give him as bad odds as 2.2:1 on the flop.

5thStreetHog 07-28-2007 09:41 AM

I can understand that,so you would fire say $10 on the flop Nick? And whats your turn move with the pot a little smaller at say 40ish now??

Nick Royale 07-28-2007 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can understand that,so you would fire say $10 on the flop Nick? And whats your turn move with the pot a little smaller at say 40ish now??

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I still bet 15 on the flop.

I check the turn with the intention of snapping a bluff.

5thStreetHog 07-28-2007 09:56 AM

Ok i got ya,when you were talking about betting less on the flop i sorta thought your were implying a significant amount less.I hear ya.I usually play it the same way,although im never really comfortable with the river and ofton pay off better hands knowing that my turn check will draw a good share of bluffs from certain players.I guess thats the nature of the beast here when we take this route,but i ofton beat myself up mentally playing this exact situation.This is why i was so interested in hearing all the thoughts i can from posters like yourself that i respect,thanks for your input.

kaah 07-28-2007 02:58 PM

yeah I have to say you are beat here.

You have gotten quite a few replys do you mind posting the results if you called?

orange 07-28-2007 03:03 PM

.7? i usually fold. but whatever, i can see me tilt calling here alot.

Barrin6 07-28-2007 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah I have to say you are beat here.

You have gotten quite a few replys do you mind posting the results if you called?

[/ QUOTE ]

QT for the win!

Yea hand sucks considering his low AF. And all your guy's responses were solid.

Thanks

myke11 07-28-2007 05:44 PM

i dont think you win this often at all.... but juding by the tone of this i guess you did

Abramovic 07-28-2007 05:49 PM

Awesome value shove by donk, he is obviously aware of how to merge his range. This would tilt me to hell, especially because the donk doesnt realise what he's doing or why.

Pretty good spot for a hero call here Id say, and I wouldnt take too much note of 0.7 AF. Often I find that the players who make big river bluffs have very low AFs/donk stats.

Mossberg 07-28-2007 06:36 PM

easy fold vs this player. when flop/turn go down like that, and then villain overbets river, it will very rarely be a bluff ime. If he's going to bluff, it's going to be an overbet.