Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   High Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   high stakes player woodrow (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=461166)

baronzeus 07-26-2007 07:20 AM

high stakes player woodrow

classess douchebag. i sit down HU vs him, and he gets button first. he plays button, wins 1500 (at 150/300), immediately sits out and leaves.

thought it was only me. yesterday i was talking to one of my buddies on aim and he was like "WTF this donkofholdem guy just won his button then left!"

seriously dude. Woodrow = DONKOFHOLDEM on AP = total douchebag. i really hope he dies of the plague. i had a friend hit and run him for 1400 on AP, and im gonna make a new account on AP just to crush him, since he wont play me on this account. so woodrow, if you're reading this, first eat a dick and die, and second, watch yourself

newhizzle 07-26-2007 08:40 AM

Re: high stakes player woodrow

i just asked woodrow about this, he said he just didnt want to play you because he didnt think you were worth playing, i dont think he was trying to hit and run, he just happened to get his button first before he clicked sit out, dont really see much wrong with that if he dosent do it on a consistant basis

baronzeus 07-26-2007 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i just asked woodrow about this, he said he just didnt want to play you because he didnt think you were worth playing, i dont think he was trying to hit and run, he just happened to get his button first before he clicked sit out, dont really see much wrong with that if he dosent do it on a consistant basis

[/ QUOTE ]

appreciate you talking to him aobut this. if he had only done it once i think it might be ok but he did it to someone else too. and he didnt even say anything in chat when I went to our FR table and was like "whats your deal man, that was bs" or something

Victor 07-26-2007 09:27 AM

easy non dbag action for woodrow would be to play his bb then leave given the circumstances.

TheRedDragon 07-26-2007 09:48 AM

I don't see why "hit and running" is a big deal to people. When you sit down to play a game, it's done with the understanding that either party has a right to leave whenever he pleases. He doesn't have a moral obligation to stick around long enough to let you win "your" money back. If he had broken even or lost, you certainly wouldn't complain that he left. But, since he won a bit, magically he has an obligation to play you for some arbitrary amount of hands/time? Sorry, I just don't buy it.

Lestat 07-26-2007 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see why "hit and running" is a big deal to people. When you sit down to play a game, it's done with the understanding that either party has a right to leave whenever he pleases. He doesn't have a moral obligation to stick around long enough to let you win "your" money back. If he had broken even or lost, you certainly wouldn't complain that he left. But, since he won a bit, magically he has an obligation to play you for some arbitrary amount of hands/time? Sorry, I just don't buy it.

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as I respect baronzues' opinion, I kinda have to agree with this. So what? You sit down knowing your opponent is under no obligation to play a set amount of time. If someone hit and runs ya and it bothers you, just don't play him again.

At least it's nowhere near as bad as some people on Party who used to sit down HU, and keep sitting out every other hand so they got the button every time! If you were multi-tabling, it took you a few times to realize what they were doing. Now THAT was a classless and douchebag thing to do, if you ask me!

gehrig 07-26-2007 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
easy non dbag action for woodrow would be to play his bb then leave given the circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is what i do

gehrig 07-26-2007 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he had broken even or lost, you certainly wouldn't complain that he left.

[/ QUOTE ]
u seem to be missing the whole point. i dont think bz really cares that the guy made a profit and left, he cares that he only played his button, where woodrow has an edge vs anyone if he's at all competent, and didnt give bz a chance to play his

when i sit in and someone folds their button and then sits out i go on monkeytilt in the chat and report them to support.

Yeti 07-26-2007 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

when i sit in and someone folds their button and then sits out i go on monkeytilt in the chat and report them to support.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf heh, you guys are weird. woodrow is a nice guy don't sweat it bz.

baronzeus 07-26-2007 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf heh, you guys are weird. woodrow is a nice guy don't sweat it bz.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll take your word for it, amybe he could at least apologize to me, that's worth 1500

Victor 07-26-2007 11:46 AM

"But, since he won a bit, magically he has an obligation to play you for some arbitrary amount of hands/time? Sorry, I just don't buy it."

no thats not it at all. you realize that in a hu match playing the button/sb has a higher ev than bb. if you play one hand on the button and bounce you area classless dbag regardless of results eos.

TheRedDragon 07-26-2007 11:53 AM

Oh, crap. I didn't really read OP carefully. I thought he just sat and played for a few hands, won and left. Sorry Baron, I retract my initial post. Just playing your button is pretty douchey.

danzasmack 07-26-2007 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he had broken even or lost, you certainly wouldn't complain that he left.

[/ QUOTE ]
u seem to be missing the whole point. i dont think bz really cares that the guy made a profit and left, he cares that he only played his button, where woodrow has an edge vs anyone if he's at all competent, and didnt give bz a chance to play his

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny because i used to tilt so hard when this happened to until you told me not to. srsly.

Of course it is like 956879568 times easier for me to get action HU.

And how is this not standard at high stakes? I see it ALL the time at mid-stakes. There are some days where i'm just like "the hit and runners are out!" and i'll lose like 13 bets in 6 hands to 6 different players.

On full tilt you get the button 1st though. That's one thing stars has to fix IMO.

Patriks 07-26-2007 01:20 PM

schniblor who i considered a friend did this to me multiple times on party. he said it was a mistake since he used autopost blinds. hate him for it and understand u baron.

daryn 07-26-2007 01:34 PM

how could you hate schniblor? only way i'd hate him is if he quit poker

Patriks 07-26-2007 01:36 PM

so ur edge is bigger then him having the sb every hand?

baronzeus 07-26-2007 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so ur edge is bigger then him having the sb every hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

is schniblor bad

Patriks 07-26-2007 01:42 PM

he learned a lot after dropping like 400k in 1/2 in multiple shots.

baronzeus 07-26-2007 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

o lol he always sat alone so i was like man hes prolly good i wont play him

Dave Mac 07-26-2007 03:36 PM

this is bs, you do not have a moral obligation to your hu opp. you are trying to take his money, you can leave when you want, you should lookout for yourself, so gimme a break.

that being said from a $ pov it prolly doesn't make sense to burn your bridges, but there is still no obligation to give everyone a fair shake or whatever.

BradL 07-26-2007 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

appreciate you talking to him aobut this. if he had only done it once i think it might be ok but he did it to someone else too. and he didnt even say anything in chat when I went to our FR table and was like "whats your deal man, that was bs" or something

[/ QUOTE ]

He has his chat banned.

-Brad

baronzeus 07-26-2007 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is bs, you do not have a moral obligation to your hu opp. you are trying to take his money, you can leave when you want, you should lookout for yourself, so gimme a break.

that being said from a $ pov it prolly doesn't make sense to burn your bridges, but there is still no obligation to give everyone a fair shake or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

davemac,

i am going to make a new name, and whenever you sit HU vs me, im gonna play my button and leave. i think i'd win 30BB/100

MrGatorade 07-26-2007 04:26 PM

Now you see how I feel when Dean. and Qsdaddy hit and run me. Hit and running is up there with using a not in my book.

-Crazy Mike (MrGatorade)

Dave Mac 07-26-2007 04:35 PM

that is your perogitive, and that is fine, you will get to do this for about 2 hands and then i won't play you hu and you will have to make anouther screen name then you get 2 more hands etc. it is going to be a pain in the balls. do you see where i am going with this, you may do as you want just as he can but you will get no action. if you can make a living playing 1 hand vs everyone that is great for you.

baronzeus 07-26-2007 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that is your perogitive, and that is fine, you will get to do this for about 2 hands and then i won't play you hu and you will have to make anouther screen name then you get 2 more hands etc. it is going to be a pain in the balls. do you see where i am going with this, you may do as you want just as he can but you will get no action. if you can make a living playing 1 hand vs everyone that is great for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

its my prerogative but it makes me a huge douchebag if i do it, and it's immoral

obviously he "CAN" do it. im not saying he can't. quit stating the obvious

danzasmack 07-26-2007 04:55 PM

http://content.answers.com/main/cont...rerogative.jpg

newhizzle 07-26-2007 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

o lol he always sat alone so i was like man hes prolly good i wont play him

[/ QUOTE ]

generally on pokerstars, this is a pretty bad assumption to make

Victor 07-26-2007 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think he has a moral obligation i just think its a dbag thing to do.

bronx bomber 07-27-2007 12:37 AM

I had a friend who liked to play the "Let's see who can slap the other guy in the face harder" game. He would always go first and the quit. I would cry like a girl and then whine to all my friends.

fearme 07-27-2007 01:51 AM

donkofholdem does do this, guess im stupid trying to play him 3 times
the first time though he actually played maybe like 20 hands then left, the next 2 times he played the button and left

eviljeff 07-27-2007 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a friend who liked to play the "Let's see who can slap the other guy in the face harder" game. He would always go first and the quit. I would cry like a girl and then whine to all my friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

hoppscot22 07-28-2007 05:18 PM

baronzeus crushes me huhu even when tilting, avoid him at all costs...

Dan Druff 07-29-2007 02:34 AM

Interestingly enough (and having little to do with the original post here), I recently came up with a good way to deal with habitual hit-and-runners.

There is a really annoying guy on a site I play on who literally plays sessions of a few hands at a time. That is, he sits with you, and if he wins the first 2 hands or so, he runs. Then he'll come back an hour later and do the same. If he starts out losing, he'll stay, but he'll leave the second he gets slightly ahead of you. He'll also make sure to take the button before quitting.

This would already be annoying under any circumstances, but the guy was getting hit in the face with the deck, and got ahead of me in the first few hands (and left) for 10 consecutive sessions. You can imagine the frustration I felt. Even when I'd be dealt something like KK or AA, he'd manage to outdraw it and run.

Worst yet, the guy is completely arrogant about what he's doing. If you dare complain about his running, he taunts you about "whining so much" or makes some other nasty comment.

At first I thought the solution was to simply stop playing the guy, or just to wait for him to stop running so hot and get him stuck big. Then I realized a better solution.

Being the one sitting first, I would get the button first. I decided I would play the button against him and leave. I did that, then moved to another table. He followed me, so I did it again, and moved back to the first table. A few minutes later, he sat back with me again. Once again, I played the button and left. I don't know if he's gotten the message yet, but I plan to keep playing him this way until he stops sitting with me.

Normally I would find the above to be unethical, but I think it's perfect medicine when dealing with a notorious hit-and-runner.

I don't feel that you necessarily "owe" your heads-up opponent anything, but you should never sit with someone heads up without the intention of actually playing out a real match. That is, if you don't plan upon devoting 20 minutes to a heads up match, you shouldn't sit in the first place.

Enon 07-29-2007 08:36 AM

What is this whiny, thinly concealed brag post doing in the strategy section?

baronzeus 07-29-2007 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is this whiny, thinly concealed brag post doing in the strategy section?

[/ QUOTE ]

go fk yourself if you think this is a brag

gemmer 07-29-2007 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Interestingly enough (and having little to do with the original post here), I recently came up with a good way to deal with habitual hit-and-runners.

There is a really annoying guy on a site I play on who literally plays sessions of a few hands at a time. That is, he sits with you, and if he wins the first 2 hands or so, he runs. Then he'll come back an hour later and do the same. If he starts out losing, he'll stay, but he'll leave the second he gets slightly ahead of you. He'll also make sure to take the button before quitting.

This would already be annoying under any circumstances, but the guy was getting hit in the face with the deck, and got ahead of me in the first few hands (and left) for 10 consecutive sessions. You can imagine the frustration I felt. Even when I'd be dealt something like KK or AA, he'd manage to outdraw it and run.

Worst yet, the guy is completely arrogant about what he's doing. If you dare complain about his running, he taunts you about "whining so much" or makes some other nasty comment.

At first I thought the solution was to simply stop playing the guy, or just to wait for him to stop running so hot and get him stuck big. Then I realized a better solution.

Being the one sitting first, I would get the button first. I decided I would play the button against him and leave. I did that, then moved to another table. He followed me, so I did it again, and moved back to the first table. A few minutes later, he sat back with me again. Once again, I played the button and left. I don't know if he's gotten the message yet, but I plan to keep playing him this way until he stops sitting with me.

Normally I would find the above to be unethical, but I think it's perfect medicine when dealing with a notorious hit-and-runner.

I don't feel that you necessarily "owe" your heads-up opponent anything, but you should never sit with someone heads up without the intention of actually playing out a real match. That is, if you don't plan upon devoting 20 minutes to a heads up match, you shouldn't sit in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I hate SPONSOR too.

baronzeus 07-29-2007 09:05 AM

hahah yeah i started doing that to him too, if we all do that to the fker then we can bust him