Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   So it's Foxwoods time again ... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=460923)

BigBadBabar 07-25-2007 11:23 PM

So it\'s Foxwoods time again ...

Hey guys, it's time for another micros-go-to-Foxwoods-in-a-blaze-of-glory trip!

We are thinking something early middle of August, like the 9th - 13th, 10th - 15th, something in that neighborhood, as long as it covers a weekend so we can get more of you guys to come!

The last trips have been tremendous, full of hilarity, the games are good and the company too. But don't take my word for it (well I mean, do, but other people are involved in the recaps also):

BABAR'S FOXWOODS TRIP REPORT THREAD

Last time the hotel room cost $43 per person per night and I think we can get it down below that this time.

Post here if you are interested in coming on this trip, either to stay in the hotel, just day trip it, cruise through, etc etc!!

Prepare to ship that sherbet please!

JJH3984 07-25-2007 11:24 PM

Re: So it\'s Foxwoods time again ...

FIRST!! I'm in for anytime between the 13th and 17th.

ProfessorBen 07-25-2007 11:25 PM

I'm in but I'm tight on budget because I need to fly in both ways. It also depends on whether I can get in 3-4 full days or not to be worth the flights.

dchz 07-25-2007 11:25 PM

i'm in too, hopefully, we get this planned soon so i can get my ticket

CrMenace 07-25-2007 11:27 PM

I'm interested; weekend of 17th is the only mid-August one that works for me. Prolly would only day trip down from Boston.

JJH3984 07-25-2007 11:28 PM

P.S. my vote is for 10th-15th.

KitCloudkicker 07-25-2007 11:32 PM

ZOMG FOXWOODAMENTS

AUG 11-12 SHIP IT HOLLA

kit cloud-asskicker

ProfessorBen 07-25-2007 11:32 PM

I can probably take 2 days off for work so I'm fine with any Thursday-Tuesday schedule (9th-14th, 16th-21st).

jstill 07-25-2007 11:47 PM

before the 25th preferably

MrWookie 07-26-2007 12:25 AM

I'm going to be in Baltimore Aug. 3-5, Montreal Aug. 10-12, and Minnesota Aug. 17-19. I told you LATE August! I may have to bow out of this one.

marchron 07-26-2007 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to be in Baltimore Aug. 3-5, Montreal Aug. 10-12, and Minnesota Aug. 17-19. I told you LATE August! I may have to bow out of this one.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure the timing was a complete accident.

MrWookie 07-26-2007 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Banned for more nittiness.

RemyXO 07-26-2007 12:36 AM

I have very nice memories of Foxwoods poker room [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Being at a conference in Boston I opted to skip most of it and spent lots of hours at $5-10 tables. I had a guy sitting to my left and he kept doing "pocket cam" to me every time I was out of the hand, he was a complete donkey on top of it. Gorgeous action and very nice poker room. I'd say second to the Venetian.

Also played a $100 SNG just for the hell of it and got second. Rake is total WTF at live SNGs though.

That being said, I can't make it though I want to badly [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
GL and don't drink as much as last time. Wookie being out might help in that regard [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

marchron 07-26-2007 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Banned for more nittiness.

[/ QUOTE ]
w00t.

MrWookie 07-26-2007 01:59 AM

March is going for the record of "Micro poster who's been banned for the longest time w/o any of the bans having been permanent."

NinaWilliams 07-26-2007 02:24 AM

I'll probably be there. Anytime in August is fine with me.

marchron 07-26-2007 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
March is going for the record of "Micro poster who's been banned for the longest time w/o any of the bans having been permanent."

[/ QUOTE ]
Who holds it now?

MrWookie 07-26-2007 09:36 AM

I'm not sure. It was unterfish until I banned him permanently. It might actually be BBB, since I tempbanned him for a little longer than I banned you.

bung 07-26-2007 09:58 AM

Wooks, what're you gonna do in Montreal? Maybe we hooks up if you ain't busy.....(no one works in Montreal during the summer).....

ProfessorBen 07-26-2007 11:30 AM

Reading that trip report makes me NOT want to play 4/8 again. Variance drive me CRWAZIE.

MrWookie 07-26-2007 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wooks, what're you gonna do in Montreal? Maybe we hooks up if you ain't busy.....(no one works in Montreal during the summer).....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be there for Le Montreal Lindy Exchange, actually. It's a big swing dancing weekend they put on every year. I'll be at dances pretty much all day and all night, so it wouldn't be the best time to meet up. However, there is one public dance that's free at the Verdun green houses. On the off chance you wanted to actually go looking for me there, I could arrange to be found.

imagurl 07-26-2007 11:38 AM

im just a gurl can i still come to foxwoods babar? i spent 1500$ on a leather bustier and i have nowhere to wear it =(

dispatch the roflcopters?

Befolder 07-26-2007 01:28 PM

Stay away from the 11th you bastards. You'll overshadow our Oregon trip to Spirit Mtn.

BBB, you have a lot to live up to w/ your last TR. Shouldn't have shot your wad the first time.

bung 07-26-2007 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be there for Le Montreal Lindy Exchange, actually. It's a big swing dancing weekend they put on every year. I'll be at dances pretty much all day and all night, so it wouldn't be the best time to meet up. However, there is one public dance that's free at the Verdun green houses. On the off chance you wanted to actually go looking for me there, I could arrange to be found.

[/ QUOTE ]

And he swing dances!! Awesome homee......I think? Well, I can't lie, doesn't seem like the best of circumstances to meet under lol.

Maybe next time??

MrWookie 07-26-2007 01:51 PM

Well, short of hooking up with a hot French-Canadian swing dancing honey, you can bet pretty good money that the main reason for my next trip to Montreal will again be swing dancing. Maybe I'll have to see about luring you down to the Turning Stone. That should be roughly a 4 hr drive for you. I think that'd be closer than Niagara. But really, Foxwoods is in that same ballpark for trip length, too. You should definitely consider going.

JJH3984 07-26-2007 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, short of hooking up with a hot French-Canadian swing dancing honey, you can bet pretty good money that the main reason for my next trip to Montreal will again be swing dancing. Maybe I'll have to see about luring you down to the Turning Stone. That should be roughly a 4 hr drive for you. I think that'd be closer than Niagara. But really, Foxwoods is in that same ballpark for trip length, too. You should definitely consider going.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would double the number of good LHE players in the place.

tyler_cracker 07-26-2007 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im just a gurl can i still come to foxwoods babar? i spent 1500$ on a leather bustier and i have nowhere to wear it =(

dispatch the roflcopters?

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone gonna step forward and claim ownership of this gimmick account?

Todd 07-26-2007 03:09 PM

That trip report is funny as hell.

Looking forward to the next one.

BigBadBabar 07-26-2007 05:47 PM

okay so so far we potentially have:

babar
tehpokarking
jjh
professorben
dchz
kitcloudkicker
jstill
ninawilliams
crmenace <---- i can't tell if this means you can come during those dates i listed or not

keep it coming fellas!!

Buzz-cp 07-26-2007 06:40 PM

Man I really want to come to this

Probably can't make any of these Foxwoods trips, until the last one is in college. i.e. we are looking at Fall 2025.

Buzz

CrMenace 07-26-2007 06:49 PM

Probably can only do w/e of 17th; I'll try to do anything you schedule, though.

Brain 07-26-2007 08:32 PM

Okay, BBB's berating me on AIM to post. I may be free the second weekend (10-12), but may not be. Also, I am lazy and FW is 3 hours from me.

I already warned him that I don't look like my av.

Diana Ross Fan 07-26-2007 11:09 PM

hmm. As mentioned in BBV4L, I got sacked Thursday morning (I assume your sympathy PMs got lost in the mail).

that makes me free, gee. All month! Until Labor Day weekend, ironically.

Diana Ross Fan 07-26-2007 11:11 PM

Oh yes, I am working on my new book "Theory of 4-8" for Dr Modern and the Pokhar King.

BigBadBabar 07-26-2007 11:11 PM

[ x ] you post in bbv4l and might not be allowed on the trip now

Scary_Tiger 07-26-2007 11:12 PM

SCARY TIGER IS IN

Brain 07-26-2007 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SCARY TIGER IS IN

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG!

Diana Ross Fan 07-26-2007 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo. I don't know if you have been to the Woods lateley but there seems to be a new rule that if you have a gfriend then you HAVE to parade her between the tables in the poker room.

Most guys like it. I want to amend the rule to say she has buy chips and [try to] play.

Diana Ross Fan 07-26-2007 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ x ] you post in bbv4l and might not be allowed on the trip now

[/ QUOTE ]

Thankfully you don't know me from RGP [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

dchz 07-27-2007 12:14 AM

PLZ make it before the 9th?

how does the 8th/9th - the 15th/16th sound?

i am willing to split room costs with people