Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=460026)

07-25-2007 01:04 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

07-25-2007 01:05 AM

07-25-2007 01:06 AM

Dranoel 07-25-2007 01:13 AM

Re: Abusive Mods Thread

In before the thread lock.

edfurlong 07-25-2007 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Evan

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems fine, he was dealing with a slow person and trying to phrase his comment in a way they would understand.

citanul 07-25-2007 01:36 AM

blueman,

you are an abnormally poor poster.

citanul 07-25-2007 01:36 AM

Citanul

diebitter 07-25-2007 01:53 AM

Can this include self-abuse? Cos some mods'll end up posting here 2-3 times a day, I reckon.

[Phill] 07-25-2007 01:54 AM

I look forward to finding some valid examples - but so far this thread has not delivered.

Quick tip - find NTs profile, then click "show all user posts". Copy, paste, profit.

El Diablo 07-25-2007 02:04 AM

blueman,

f citanul, I think this is a great thread idea.

diebitter 07-25-2007 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quick tip - find NTs profile, then click "show all user posts". Copy, paste, profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

A+. I laughed, I cried, I wet myself a little.

kyleb 07-25-2007 02:33 AM

me

07-25-2007 03:11 AM

Emperor 07-25-2007 03:57 AM

Great Idea for a thread!

I'd like to preface the numerous actual examples that will follow with this:

[ QUOTE ]
Potential Forum Mods must have at least five of the following criteria to be considered:

(1) has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)

(2) is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love

(3) believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)

(4) requires excessive admiration

(5) has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations

(6) is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends

(7) lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others

(8) is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her

(9) shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

[/ QUOTE ]

diebitter 07-25-2007 03:59 AM

6 out of 9. I'm still gonna be at the bottom of the leader board though.

kyleb 07-25-2007 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
me

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] you anyway

Emperor 07-25-2007 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I look forward to finding some valid examples - but so far this thread has not delivered.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's one NT being sweet

Emperor 07-25-2007 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[I think lumping everybody who's name is green into that category is grossly inaccurate and unfair.

That said

lol vnh

[/ QUOTE ]

Not just Green. RED!

Here is Mason WAY overstepping his authority.
Mason gets involved where he shouldn't

(of course Mason is very nice and polite, it is his camoflauge [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

Edit: I am going to slow down now, cuz I am skeered of the banstick.

Emperor 07-25-2007 04:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Quick tip - find [censored]s profile, then click "show all user banned by this mod". Copy, paste, profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

emon87 07-25-2007 04:24 AM

Blueman,

Evan was not being abusive. You had very unreasonable expectations following from a poor question in your OP

Emperor 07-25-2007 04:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Blueman,

Evan was not being abusive. You had very unreasonable expectations following from a poor question in your OP

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

souprized he did not receive ban for suggesting people weren't following the rules of original post.

07-25-2007 05:59 AM

JOEL_ 07-25-2007 08:35 AM

One thing you have to take into consideration is that a mod may seem to be abusive and out of line for any particular post in question. But ,there is always history between poster and mod and thats when some other posters may got the wrong impression.

Emperor 07-25-2007 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing you have to take into consideration is that a mod may seem to be abusive and out of line for any particular post in question. But ,there is always history between poster and mod and thats when some other posters may got the wrong impression.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is the case, shouldn't the mod address the issue privately instead of publicly to avoid the appearance of abusive?

JOEL_ 07-25-2007 08:43 AM

Yes that would be a better course of action but that could go back and forths. A mod exposing his discontent gets to the point alot faster.

07-25-2007 08:55 AM

Emperor 07-25-2007 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
NT! replied in a topic you have selected as one of your favorites at the site:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...umber=11371489

you guys realize that there's no rule against mods being abusive towards other posters, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

ORLY?

Not sure how he Ninja sent this, and then redirected it to nonexistant page, but it seems abusive in nature. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Phil153 07-25-2007 10:12 AM

NT!

MrWookie 07-25-2007 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
6 out of 9. I'm still gonna be at the bottom of the leader board though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Weak. I'm only missing #8.

citanul 07-25-2007 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
blueman,

you are an abnormally poor poster.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not find that offensive. I would have found it offensive if you said

'blueman you are a [censored] retard, i hope you die in a grease fire'

[/ QUOTE ]

blue,

indeed. that's what we call a joke. similarly, i don't find what you linked to me posting to cornel to be offensive at all. i thought that his post was pointless and worthless, so i said so in a few extra words. i didn't call him names or wish death upon him.

Emperor,

if you think that that was Mason overstepping his authority or whatever, i hope you don't play any games that involve, say, money and mental exertion. also, that's obviously mason getting involved exactly where he should. from a brief scan of that thread, he's right and you're wrong, and finally, you don't know what you're talking about. it appears english might not be your first language though, so maybe some of that is excusable.

Dids 07-25-2007 11:33 AM

blueman,

Are there posts of me abusing you, 'cause if not, I've been slipping.

tuq 07-25-2007 12:13 PM

Someone needs to set up an angry mod tournament, March Madness style. Seed all the mods, and every round someone links a post from each mod, and we vote for which one is most abusive. Winner advances.

Likely #1 seeds are Dids, NT!, citanul, and GrannyMae, but they are probably hoping that powerhouses like Big Jim, daryn, and kyleb don't end up in their bracket. Guys like Wookie would be like the Eastern Kentuckys and Florida A&Ms of the event and get run early, but would nonetheless serve a purpose. If we come up a little short we can always temp re-mod cabn for the angries and do the same with MicroBob and Nolanfan for the nice guys.

stabn 07-25-2007 12:47 PM

tuq,

What kind of seed would i be if you had to remod me to fill an angry mod bracket?

stabn

[Phill] 07-25-2007 02:16 PM

I only just read the Mason thing cos i assumed it was about that dude who criticised the 2+2 books for bad grammar and got banned for a couple days. That isnt remotely close to overstepping authority.

Also im annoyed NT locked that "scary places" thread - i was hoping to use it as a trap for siccjay (insert star wars pic here):
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1
and
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1

He clearly believes in ghosts and i was looking forward to an exchange over this - with the first post linked above being prime evidence to prove his flawed thinking and unwillingness to apply the scientific method to the subject.

4_2_it 07-25-2007 02:17 PM

Let my reign of terror begin!

Hey tug, I hope you, your family, your neighbors, your friends and your pets all get nasty head colds. Mind you, not so nasty that they develop into pneumonia and cause death, but the ones that makes you feel miserable, yet still able to partially function, for a few days, but are tolerable with the proper doses of over-the-counter medication.

NT! 07-25-2007 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone needs to set up an angry mod tournament, March Madness style. Seed all the mods, and every round someone links a post from each mod, and we vote for which one is most abusive. Winner advances.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you limited it to posts made surrounding one of your own modding decisions, I have this one crushed. kyleb is maybe an even bigger jerk than I am but that's just his everyday life.

[Phill] 07-25-2007 02:33 PM

NT,

"wrong forum, locked, *"
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...53#Post11375457

and

"cit,

"I don't know if I'm cool with that."

uh oh!!!

"Where do you draw the line with "gambling destination" stuff?"

how is this ambiguous at all? if it's a post about what to do in or around a common gambling destination, it goes in the forum about brick & mortar gambling."
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...41#Post11375492

-----

This is clearly not obvious - its certainly not obvious to me and it isnt to everyone who seems to be falling into this trap of yours.

Just move the thread to the correct forum if thats where its supposed to go. Or at the very least say what frigging forum its meant to go it.

"wrong forum, locked, *" doesnt come remotely close to covering this. And you wonder why users keep PMing you for clarification on your stars and lockings.

I dunno if its the right or wrong forum for the thread (i dont care too much tbh, but i know cit has a good point in that other thread), but you gotta admit the way you handled this thread was just stupid. Is it really more work moving a thread as it is to lock it, star someone and then write it up in their user notes?

-----

I couldnt be bothered starting a new thread - im not saying this is abusive, so much as bad practice.

Hume 07-25-2007 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A poster exposing his discontent gets to banning alot faster.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny, I didn't see a single banning, or even the slightest hint that a mod was going to use his mod powers in any of your links.

Suigin406 07-25-2007 03:03 PM

is there a designated thread in the mod forum where the mods can just trash each other relentlessly??

holdme 07-25-2007 03:26 PM

can i be mod? i promise to be abusive as possible