Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   PokerStars = Best Online Poker Site (Hands Down) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=459149)

Sandviper23 07-24-2007 05:32 AM

PokerStars = Best Online Poker Site (Hands Down)

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]I just wanted to start by saying that in all of my years and experience of playing online poker that Stars has been hands down the best online poker site known to man.

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]They have the best software, best customer service, a ton of players, great frequent player program and its always been the easiest and quickest for withdrawing funds.

[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]I felt that I needed to take a moment of my time to say Thank You Stars and give them some of the credit that they deserve!

ryanghall 07-24-2007 05:59 AM

Re: PokerStars = Best Online Poker Site (Hands Down)

It sure is. Only place I play.

Ryan

prodonkey 07-24-2007 06:06 AM

personally I hate their software, and I hate that I have to play 100k hands to get the same amount of rakeback I can get elsewhere at 0 hands.

boohaa12 07-24-2007 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
personally I hate their software, and I hate that I have to play 100k hands to get the same amount of rakeback I can get elsewhere at 0 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
[*] I hate playing with a bunch of other players who KNOW what rakeback is. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Alex424 07-24-2007 07:46 AM

Defo best site - lowest rake as well. Never seems to get mentioned.

2461Badugi 07-24-2007 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Defo best site - lowest rake as well. Never seems to get mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars reps always bring it up. I'd give them more credit if their HU rake weren't absolutely awful. It might be the worst in the industry, since the FPP rakeback equivalent for HU play is insanely low.

ment52 07-24-2007 07:56 AM

Best software? lol
Great frequent player program? I like money more then chris moneymaker's posters.

ChipFerFree 07-24-2007 08:09 AM

Party Rocked -- I want my Party Back!

4drugmoney 07-24-2007 08:18 AM

Customer support is the ish which makes them the best IMO

berya 07-24-2007 09:49 AM

Well said. Thank you Stars.

Nairb 07-24-2007 09:53 AM

Agreed here. I have tried other sites but always come back to Stars as my primary site. Its not even close in my book.

Thanks Stars!!

questions 07-24-2007 10:41 AM

I like Pokerstars but it's not the fishiest site or the most profitable. But I love the software and game variety and tournaments.

punkass 07-24-2007 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Best software? lol
Great frequent player program? I like money more then chris moneymaker's posters.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, because that's all you can get with the FPP you earn.

Chunky 07-24-2007 10:50 AM

Most players + seemingly bot-free (not kidding myself...) is a winning combination.

RunyonAve 07-24-2007 11:03 AM

I agree with almost everything you've said, i disagree with you saying they have the best software.

ment52 07-24-2007 11:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Best software? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It is for people who play NL50. On other sites I get plenty of nice green dollars, on Stars I get a stressball.

Greg Olden 07-24-2007 11:12 AM

there rules for chat banning people are horrible [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I can't chat there for swearing once

kcheel 07-24-2007 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Best software? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It is for people who play NL50. On other sites I get plenty of nice green dollars, on Stars I get a stressball.

[/ QUOTE ]

Until recently, I only played NL25 and NL50. I have gotten alot more than stressballs and Moneymaker posters.

Capone 07-24-2007 11:28 AM

Stars took over party for the most traffic a few months ago to which you all know but thought id throw that in there.

mappedout 07-24-2007 12:19 PM

the stars fpp program gets you more than crappy moneymaker stuff, you just need to be a supernova with them...

DrRock 07-24-2007 12:31 PM

yes, I enjoy the pokerstars fpp as well. so far I have named 2324 stars. I hope to have my own galaxy soon

soulvamp 07-24-2007 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there rules for chat banning people are horrible [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I can't chat there for swearing once

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell us the whole story. As I recall from playing against you a couple of times, you're not above some fairly abusive trash-talking.

Chunky 07-24-2007 01:51 PM

I just checked my Stars balance and haven't received the $25 I was expecting from posting in this thread. What gives?

punkass 07-24-2007 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Best software? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i suggest you stop spending all your fpp as soon as you earn them then

soulvamp 07-24-2007 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Best software? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i suggest you stop spending all your fpp as soon as you earn them then

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. Skip the Big Mac for a couple of weeks and you'll have enough money to buy a lobster dinner.

MicroBob 07-24-2007 02:35 PM

Pokerstars is a nice site and I recommend it highly for those who want to play a game of poker and also accumulate many player points frequently.

meleader2 07-24-2007 03:22 PM

please note to the haters that i am a 50nl player, and have gotten a 50" plasma (2 1k gift certificates) from stars, having only played there for 8 months from FPPs.

just stop sucking. although i guess that has nothing to do with FPPs.

sethypooh21 07-24-2007 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like Pokerstars but it's not the fishiest site or the most profitable. But I love the software and game variety and tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed and disagreed. There are probably worse players at other sites, but there are SO MANY not good ones at PS. This makes it more profitable, DUCY?

Chunky 07-24-2007 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pokerstars is a nice site and I recommend it highly for those who want to play a game of poker and also accumulate many player points frequently.

[/ QUOTE ]
Let us know if you get the $25 posting bonus.

ILuvRiver 07-24-2007 04:00 PM

luvin the stars. nuf said!

SuperUberBob 07-24-2007 04:06 PM

Stars is one of the tougher sites on the internet, but it's still plenty profitable for me.

Their customer service is top notch. When I e-mail them, they reply within the day or by tomorrow.

The only place I play.

XHitman014 07-24-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed and disagreed. There are probably worse players at other sites, but there are SO MANY not good ones at PS. This makes it more profitable, DUCY?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Stars as much as next man but the ability to datamine at other sites plus decent table selection should make this a mute point.

ClubChamp04 07-24-2007 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Stars as much as next man but the ability to datamine at other sites plus decent table selection should make this a mute point.

[/ QUOTE ]

A "mute" point? I like it that stars takes a little action to prevent dataminers. Now they need to get rid of spadeeye and other programs and I'll be happier.

Sandviper23 07-24-2007 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with almost everything you've said, i disagree with you saying they have the best software.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which site do you think has better software?

Sandviper23 07-24-2007 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha

MicroBob 07-24-2007 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the ability to datamine at other sites plus decent table selection should make this a mute point.

[/ QUOTE ]

so be quiet about your mute point already.

fsoyars 07-24-2007 05:59 PM

WHY ARE THEY NOT MAC SUPPORTED?

how hard would that be? everyone has macs these days.

ICMoney 07-24-2007 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WHY ARE THEY NOT MAC SUPPORTED?

how hard would that be? everyone haTEs macs these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Analyst 07-24-2007 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you apparently know the PokerStars CEO, why don't you just ask him to reinstate your chat?

fishbutt 07-24-2007 10:10 PM

SuperUberBob = Best Avatar Ever (Hands Down)