Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   OMG anyone else ever pull something like this live? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=454630)

neil705 07-18-2007 09:32 PM

OMG anyone else ever pull something like this live?

ok here i am tired out of my mind at 8.am i sit down at 1/2nl 100$max . after about an hour i look down at AA (ya boyyyyy) i'm UTG so i crank it up $10 get 1 caller flop comes qq5 2 clubs i check to him he checks behind next card comes down A of clubs (cant belive it a BOAT ) i hollywood a bit and bet $10 hopeing he hit the flush or was slowplaying a queen .then he raises it up to 25$ (i got him) i reraise 30 more to $55 he thinks a bit saying u got the flush but calls anyways river comes down a blank so needless to say i fire out my last 35$ he sadly calls and says show me the flush i say got a lot more than that and flip over A4 OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! missread my hand what a joke!!! he flips ak and takes the pot grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anybody ever pull somethin like this before??????????

AngusThermopyle 07-18-2007 09:37 PM

Re: OMG anyone else ever pull something like this live?

Hole cards: Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Flop: T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet my flush draw and get several callers.

Turn:
8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Miss my flush, but pick up gutshot. Bet and couple of callers.

River:
9 : [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I'll take that. Bet. Two callers.

"Well I missed my flush, but I made a straight" as I turn over Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Quadstriker 07-18-2007 09:37 PM

Friend of mine turned over Q4 at showdown before thinking he had AQ.

It's not unheard of.

zerocarb 07-18-2007 09:39 PM

One-legged aces FTW.

Photoc 07-18-2007 09:45 PM

Late position with 7 5 clubs. 6 way action in a 4/8 game. Flop the nut straight (4 6 8 rainbow). Turn and river are paint with no flush draws. Goes 4 bets on the turn 4 on the river with four players in on the river. I say "nuts" and flip up my hand....WTF 7 3 clubs!!!! OOOOPS [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Best part, pocket 9's wins the pot. WTF 4 bets on the turn and river and 9's is the best hand, roflmao. Gotta love gamblers [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

lmcjaho 07-18-2007 09:45 PM

We refer to that as "Drunken Aces" around here...

Fishhead24 07-18-2007 09:57 PM

Re: OMG anyone else ever pull someth-ing like this live?

The way I'm been running today....you would have flopped A-4-4 and I would have had K-4

snuffau 07-18-2007 10:13 PM

Re: OMG anyone else ever pull someth-ing like this live?

I had K8 and read it as K6... Flop was something like 36J and got checked to showdown... He had Q7.
I'm like YAY 6's.
Flip my cards oh wait... damn.
K high is good woot anyways.

KurtSF 07-18-2007 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Late position with 7 5 clubs. 6 way action in a 4/8 game. Flop the nut straight (4 6 8 rainbow). Turn and river are paint with no flush draws. Goes 4 bets on the turn 4 on the river with four players in on the river. I say "nuts" and flip up my hand....WTF 7 3 clubs!!!! OOOOPS [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Best part, pocket 9's wins the pot. WTF 4 bets on the turn and river and 9's is the best hand, roflmao. Gotta love gamblers [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is flippin' hilarious.

And yes, I've done A4 = AA before.

oddjob 07-18-2007 10:55 PM

i once did the opposite. tail end of a realllllly loooooong session. i bluff the river, and get called. say, i was bluffing, but throw over my cards, only to show the nut flush.

everyone looks at my cards, then look at me like i'm an idiot, mostly cause i am. i rack up and leave, realizing i'm too tired to even see my own cards.

neil705 07-19-2007 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i once did the opposite. tail end of a realllllly loooooong session. i bluff the river, and get called. say, i was bluffing, but throw over my cards, only to show the nut flush.

everyone looks at my cards, then look at me like i'm an idiot, mostly cause i am. i rack up and leave, realizing i'm too tired to even see my own cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh not so bad wish it went that way

pariah8 07-19-2007 12:47 AM

That happened to a friend at a tournament we played in. We both made it to the final table and I woke up to KK, I raised he called. Flop was nothing above a ten we got it in I turn up KK, he goes "I gotcha ya biatch" and tables A4. I go "What?" He looks down at the cards looks at me looks back at the cards and says '[censored].'

I ended up winning the tournament.

pktsfullofhope 07-19-2007 12:53 AM

one time I got all in with AK and some idiot called me with QQ and I didn't hit. I freaked out and tried to choke him. That's the last beat I took.....I feel terrible about it and I haven't played poker or come out of my room ever since.

EddieMonies 07-19-2007 12:57 AM

I called all in on the turn once in a home game for 800 dollars with the ''nut flush''. Only to realize seconds later that I just had an ace of clubs and a 10 of spades.. whoops.

SecretOfMana 07-19-2007 01:02 AM

I did it once, I thought I had a gut shot with 5 7 suited not realizing I had a flush draw on flop, I call flop + turn bet only flip over 7 high (cus I'm first to act)... flush... I didnt realize it until the pot started moving my way....

rebuyboy 07-19-2007 01:51 AM

one time time a tagfish called 3 barrels with 56s on a 57T 2 A board. i thought i had AQ but had KQ and looked dumb on river

Diamond Lie 07-19-2007 01:54 AM

Glad I am not the only one who has done this. Has only happened to me twice thus far, but each time I lose my stack in both situations (lol).

First time I have the second nut flush. We get it all in on the turn when I make my flush. We flip over my cards, and I realize that my spades have turned into clubs? WTF! Everyone at table "You went all in with a gutshot for 400 dollar pot?" . Guy snap calls me with TPTK obviously. Needless to say, I got infinite action at the table afterwards.

Other time I have A7. I turn to pair, and guy shoves all in on the turn. I insta-call. We flip and he has a set. I have a pair of aces and my 7 turned into a 6 when I turned it over. Dealer: You are drawing dead.

I only make this mistake when I'm playing completely overtired, which is a bad idea in general. Once you do this on more than one occasion you make a point to avoid it at all costs though. Its an expensive mistake to make no doubt.

[Phill] 07-19-2007 03:14 AM

Thats why A4 = the Ladyboy/Tranny hand.

At first it looks good, then you look a little closer.

quirkasaurus 07-19-2007 10:04 AM

it's happened to me when i've had 86s and
the board is something like:

9 7 K Q 6

I go to myself "I HIT MY STRAIGHT!! Watch me reel in this fish!!"

johnnyrocket 07-19-2007 10:07 AM

every time i look down at A4 i think i have Aces, i hate this hand so much

Mrage 07-19-2007 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
one time time a tagfish called 3 barrels with 56s on a 57T 2 A board. i thought i had AQ but had KQ and looked dumb on river

[/ QUOTE ]
Good calldown DUCY?

neil705 07-19-2007 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
one time I got all in with AK and some idiot called me with QQ and I didn't hit. I freaked out and tried to choke him. That's the last beat I took.....I feel terrible about it and I haven't played poker or come out of my room ever since.

[/ QUOTE ] lol

TilTandWiN 07-19-2007 11:01 AM

i once check called all in in a (live) tournament with K 9 on a A J 3 Q 6 rainbow bored - it was made even worse by the fact that the raiser had flipped A J and I table my cards and smile and calmly say straight - the chips start getting pushed towards me as every one assumes that I have the straight then just as i begin counting someones like WTF??? so painfull like that = )

Feike 07-19-2007 11:35 AM

Was playing a small stakes home tourney last week, with Dutch cards --> the Jack is a Boer --> B. I pick up BB, flop is B high, Q on the turn, I push, villain calls with A7, I still win. (I had B8o, or J8o)...

Josem 07-19-2007 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you really should learn what the letters TAG stand for. that way you won't look dumb when you use them.

Feike 07-19-2007 11:44 AM

Home tournament

SB: ~8BB
BB: 25BB
Hero: 18BB
Villain: 16BB

I pick up B[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]B[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (Dutch cards, a B is a Boer, or a Jack).
I'm thinking: top set, not bad.
I make it 2.5BB, Villain calls, Small Blind & Big Blind fold.
pot: 8BB
flop brings: B[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet another 4BB, Villain calls
pot: 16BB
turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
I bet 9.5BB, enough to put Villain all-in, he snap-calls.

I turn over B[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and think: Noooooooo!
He turns over A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
River is a blank, I win the whole pot...

stealyourface 07-19-2007 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Was playing a small stakes home tourney last week, with Dutch cards --> the Jack is a Boer --> B. I pick up BB, flop is B high, Q on the turn, I push, villain calls with A7, I still win. (I had B8o, or J8o)...

[/ QUOTE ]

dont ever post again

Warteen 07-19-2007 11:58 AM

Unraised pot, I'm in the big blind and pick up 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I JUST FLOPPED THE NUTS. ARRR IN. I get two callers for all my money, sweet. I confidently flip over...
8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
*blink* *blink* What just happened?

Villain 1 has 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for bottom set.
Villain 2 has 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for top pair and the gutshot draw.
I'm boned.

Turn: K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I win with the flush to the jack. My straight wouldn't have even been good.

hoyasaxa 07-19-2007 12:01 PM

I once had 78s in MP, raised to $10. Nitty player in SB repops to $25. I figure he has a big pair, and his stack is big enough so I call. Flop comes 9 10 J rainbow. He bets $35, I immediately push all in, he instacalls with kings.

I turn over 67s. Oops.

Patrio 07-19-2007 12:03 PM

I was playing live $1/$2 homegame, utg raises to $10 (tightest player I have ever seen) button calls. To flop comes Jc9c2s, utg bets $20 button pushes $300, utg INSTAcalls and says ACES!! and flips up Ac4s. Button flips up 8cTc. Turn and rivers blanks and A4 is good. SHIP IT!

NU Star 07-19-2007 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dont ever post again

[/ QUOTE ]

Repsychler 07-19-2007 12:32 PM

Well it's nice to know I have a lot of company. I was playing 1/2 at the Mirage and the river brings me the nut flush, and by golly my opponent pushes! I call with gusto and we flip and the dealer calls an Ace high flush and pushes the pot....to the other guy. My Qh was really a Qd.

Grey 07-19-2007 12:38 PM

Once out of the corner of my eye I thought I had AA, but when I looked it was really A4 and I folded PF.

Kala1928 07-19-2007 12:38 PM

I often misread A4 for AA or similar stuff online.
Once I bet a guy w/ J4o because I thought it was AJ and flopped a J and check-called my stack. It was good but I didn't notice it was J4 before the showdown. The table was a bit stunned.

CaptUnlucky 07-19-2007 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I pick up BB, flop is B high,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm laughing a lot at this for some reason

Mr Rick 07-19-2007 03:16 PM

First time I ever played live. It was 5/10 LHE at the Taj. I see K5o in the BB and I check. Flop comes K65. I bet MP raises I re-raise he calls. Turn is x. I bet he calls. River is an x I bet he calls. I say "two pair Kings and Fives" and turn over my K3. The guy looks at me like I'm crazy and the player next to me points out that the river is a 6 and even if I had a 5 I got counterfeited... Anyway opponent turns over his slowplayed AA for the win. I turned to the guy next to me and asked if what I did was so embarrassing I should leave. I got a lot of action after that.

J-Lo 07-19-2007 04:49 PM

J3= JJ if u look at just the bottom part of the card

KLJ 07-19-2007 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
J3= JJ if u look at just the bottom part of the card

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah other than that big ass picture

fringsrache 07-19-2007 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats why A4 = the Ladyboy/Tranny hand.

At first it looks good, then you look a little closer.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha

Nitilism 07-19-2007 05:42 PM

If you enjoy misreading hands, play Omaha.