Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What the hell?!?!? Wendy's Breakfast Menu!!! (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=453326)

samjjones 07-17-2007 12:41 PM

What the hell?!?!? Wendy\'s Breakfast Menu!!!

As some of you may know, I have been boycotting Wendy's ever since they raised the $0.99 menu to $1.19. Those bastards finally wore me down (they are pretty tough), and I visited my local Wendy's for lunch. When I got there, I made an incredible discovery.

WENDY'S WILL SOON HAVE A BREAKFAST MENU!

Here is the menu:

Breakfast Combos
#1 Breakfast Frescuit Sandwich - Freshly baked, moist and never crumbly, served with eggs, cheese, and your choice of bacon, sausage or ham.

#2 Steak & Egg Sandwich - Lean, tender steak, eggs, cheese, and hickory-smoked bacon stacked high on a kaiser roll.

#3 Big Breakfast Sandwich - Get both hickory-smoked bacon and sausage on a kaiser roll with eggs and cheese.

#4 Grande Burrito - A warm flour tortilla filled with eggs, cheese, bacon, sausage, roasted potatoes, peppers and onions.

#5 French Toast Sticks - Warm French toast sticks served with syrup.

#6 Chicken Biscuit - Lightly breaded all-white meat chicken sandwiched between a freshly baked biscuit.

Side Items
Hash Browns
Blueberry Muffin
Cinnamon Roll

Drinks
Wendy's Custom Bean Coffee - By Folgers Gourmet Selections
Small Soft Drink
Orange Juice (for an additional charge)

Breakfast Value Menu - Introducing Wendy's Breakfast Values. Six fresh and delicious options starting at 99 cents each, including:
#1 Sausage & Egg Burrito
#2 Sausage Biscuit
#3 Egg & Cheese Sandwich
#4 Blueberry Muffin
#5 Hash Browns
#6 Cinnamon Roll

I need some time to digest this information.

RoundGuy 07-17-2007 12:47 PM

Re: What the hell?!?!? Wendy\'s Breakfast Menu!!!

That #3 Big Breakfast Sandwich sounds like the bomb, baby. The BOMB!

Soul Daddy 07-17-2007 12:49 PM

Since their disgusting fries will have nothing to do with it, I only have one reaction to this information.

http://www.hellinahandbasket.net/drooling_homer.JPG

Aloysius 07-17-2007 12:50 PM

Big Breakfast Sandwich ftw.

-Al

Don_Lapre 07-17-2007 12:50 PM

I was having a bad day until now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

samjjones 07-17-2007 12:53 PM

More important information:

- The "frescuit" looks like their frescatta bread (most likely the same)
- The chicken biscuit is likely the same chicken as used for the "Crispy Chicken" sandwich value menu item
- The "steak" on the Steak & Egg sandwich looks suspiciously like the roast beef on the roast beef frescata sandwich.
- The sausage patties are circular, not square shaped.

Soul Daddy 07-17-2007 12:55 PM

I need to see just how big this Big Breakfast Sandwich is before I can declare it the clear winner. There are some other contenders here. I mean, "Freshly baked, moist and never crumbly"! That description is delectable. Grande Burrito sounds like it may be a bit much, but I'm curious. And we all know how well Wendy's does chicken.

Aloysius 07-17-2007 12:58 PM

Soul Daddy - the few times I ordered the frescatta sandwich, I found the bread to be stiff and unpalatable. I think you are falling victim to clever marketing.

-Al

samjjones 07-17-2007 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I need to see just how big this Big Breakfast Sandwich is before I can declare it the clear winner. There are some other contenders here. I mean, "Freshly baked, moist and never crumbly"! That description is delectable. Grande Burrito sounds like it may be a bit much, but I'm curious. And we all know how well Wendy's does chicken.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Big Breakfast sandwich looks like it is being served on the same bun as their Spicy Chicken sandwiches are...which is a pretty nice size.

kidcolin 07-17-2007 12:59 PM

I'm really not high on bacon + sausage combos. I've never gotten the appeal. it's OK if it's chopped up in an omelet, but I say nay to a sausage patty + bacon strips.

Their items sound pretty good, but all in all, I doubt it holds a candle to McD's breakfast. McGriddles should be the main argument for the existence of God. And does McD's still do the bagels? It's been a while. I used to love their steak and egg bagel. And no one is [censored] with their hash browns.

samjjones 07-17-2007 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Soul Daddy - the few times I ordered the frescatta sandwich, I found the bread to be stiff and unpalatable. I think you are falling victim to clever marketing.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, the "frescuit" may != the frescatta bread. Let's give Wendy's the benefit of the doubt until we get some first hand reports.

Aloysius 07-17-2007 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
McMuffin should be the main argument for the existence of God.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

-Al

Soul Daddy 07-17-2007 01:01 PM

Al,

But was it crumbly? And how can you go wrong with a name like "Frescuit". Clever marketing indeed. Sign me up!

tuq 07-17-2007 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
disgusting fries

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF? Ban.

I stumbled upon this news a few weeks ago when I went there to get a Big Bacon Classic at around 10:40 in the AM. There were employees wearing sandwich boards and sh*t out on the road to advertise the new breakfast, may have been the first day. It annoyed me personally because it was by fast food standards a huge hassle to get my lunch items, I had to go inside and wait while they catered to the breakfast crowd.

Soul Daddy 07-17-2007 01:02 PM

kc,

Preach. I still have McD's coursing through my veins. [censored] be calling me.

samjjones 07-17-2007 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really not high on bacon + sausage combos. I've never gotten the appeal. it's OK if it's chopped up in an omelet, but I say nay to a sausage patty + bacon strips.

Their items sound pretty good, but all in all, I doubt it holds a candle to McD's breakfast. McGriddles should be the main argument for the existence of God. And does McD's still do the bagels? It's been a while. I used to love their steak and egg bagel. And no one is [censored] with their hash browns.

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea if Wendy's hash browns are the single oval shaped or the multiple tater tots. This will be key.

And Sausage McMuffin w/ cheese > McGriddle, IMO.

McD's does still have the bagel sandwiches.

samjjones 07-17-2007 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
disgusting fries

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF? Ban.

I stumbled upon this news a few weeks ago when I went there to get a Big Bacon Classic at around 10:40 in the AM. There were employees wearing sandwich boards and sh*t out on the road to advertise the new breakfast, may have been the first day. It annoyed me personally because it was by fast food standards a huge hassle to get my lunch items, I had to go inside and wait while they catered to the breakfast crowd.

[/ QUOTE ]

tuq - WTF??? WHY DID YOU NOT SHARE THIS IMPORTANT NEWS WITH THE WORLD?

Aloysius 07-17-2007 01:03 PM

Soul Daddy - you impressionable simp.

Oh, and agree with Tup... what's wrong with Wendy's fries? They are no McDonald's fries but they get the job done.

-Al

Soul Daddy 07-17-2007 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
disgusting fries

[/ QUOTE ]
WTF? Ban.

[/ QUOTE ]

tuq - WTF??? WHY DID YOU NOT SHARE THIS IMPORTANT NEWS WITH THE WORLD?

[/ QUOTE ]
Ban.

tuq 07-17-2007 01:06 PM

sam, it says a lot about what an OOT degen loser I am that I seriously considered taking pics with my phone and starting a thread about it.

Al, IMO the french fry pecking order goes something like McDonalds > Wendy's >>>>>> Burger King/Jack In the Box/etc.

Soul Daddy 07-17-2007 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Soul Daddy - you impressionable simp.

Oh, and agree with Tup... what's wrong with Wendy's fries? They are no McDonald's fries but they get the job done.

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]
LDO. When Wendy's fries are done perfectly, i.e. crispy and salted correctly, they're pretty good. But they are way too inconsistent. I'd say over half the time they're soggy and inedible.

Edit: I'm a tard.

4 High 07-17-2007 01:07 PM

Wendy's learned their lesson on Eastern Long Island. They raised prices to $1.19 for like one month and quickly moved them back to $0.99.

kidcolin 07-17-2007 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
McMuffin should be the main argument for the existence of God.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

-Al

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? To each his own. McMuffins were always at the bottom for me. When I can't handle the awesomeness of the McGriddle, I go for a sausage biscuit.

Aloysius 07-17-2007 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Al, IMO the french fry pecking order goes something like McDonalds > Wendy's >>>>>> Burger King/Jack In the Box/etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's about right to me - adjusting for LA, and what I've eaten, fries goes something like:

McDonald's > Wendy's >> Fatburger >> Tommy's >> BK >>>> JackintheBox >>>>>>>>> In-N-Out

Soul Daddy - hm, maybe you're right I now recall eating soggy or stale fries from Wendy's and cursing them, but when they're good, they're pretty damn good.

-Al

tuq 07-17-2007 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: I'm a tard.

[/ QUOTE ]
Only when it comes to french fries. Don't be so hard on yourself brah.

jafeather 07-17-2007 01:15 PM

Mickey D's Breakfast Burrito x2 FTW. If Wendy's is comparable...well they are across the street from each other...so one from each?

(also mcgriddle = nasty imo...if I'm going for a sammich it's the good ol' egg mcmuffin)

samjjones 07-17-2007 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wendy's learned their lesson on Eastern Long Island. They raised prices to $1.19 for like one month and quickly moved them back to $0.99.

[/ QUOTE ]

They did the same exact rollback in late '06 in Manhattan, but then they recently raised them back!

kidcolin 07-17-2007 01:15 PM

I might be the only man in existence who likes in-n-out fries. Still not even close to McD's, but I like them just fine. One of these days I'll just get the burger at in-n-out and swing by McD's for the fries. I'm pretty sure that's a balla move.

samjjones 07-17-2007 01:16 PM

I think we can all agree that Burger King breakfast items all completely blow.

samjjones 07-17-2007 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I might be the only man in existence who likes in-n-out fries. Still not even close to McD's, but I like them just fine. One of these days I'll just get the burger at in-n-out and swing by McD's for the fries. I'm pretty sure that's a balla move.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have eaten a meal comprised of BK Stacker, Wendy's chicken nuggets, and McDonald's fries.

I have also eaten other meals consisting of Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich and Nathan's fries.

Aloysius 07-17-2007 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphic...033105_big.jpg

Never had one, but in theory I like it.

KC - I can't believe it's never occurred to me to do that.

-Al

kidcolin 07-17-2007 01:19 PM

Is the stacker any good? I hardly ever go there, but I see that, and then see the whopper, and it seems like an easy choice.

And re: BK's breakfast. Again, it's been forever, but I used to absolutely love french toast sticks when I was a kid. It was the highlight of our yearly drive up to Maine in the summers.

Butcho22 07-17-2007 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely disagree

tuq 07-17-2007 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In their defense, they - along with Jack in the Box and Sonic - serve their lunch menu in the morning too. I'm not a breakfast guy. When I used to work next to a BK I would routinely roll by there for a Whopper Jr. and fries, completely canceling out the hour I had just spent at the gym.

guids 07-17-2007 01:20 PM

Man, wendy's usually have the best fries of any fast food joint around, I dont know what people are talking about.

jafeather 07-17-2007 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is the stacker any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Randomly got one a few days ago. Not too shabby. Some saucey stuff on there that makes it +ev.

kidcolin 07-17-2007 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Never had one, but in theory I like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh.. rolls like that aren't meant for breakfast. Breakfast sandwiches should be on a croissant, bagel, english muffin, biscuit, or toast. Big rolls just don't seem right.

Aloysius 07-17-2007 01:25 PM

KC - it appears to be the same roll they use for their chicken sandwiches so I have positive associations (they are a guilty pleasure of mine, and really the only item I order at BK). They had a "Chicken Sandwich Cordon Bleu" version once and it was pretty awesome.

-Al

samjjones 07-17-2007 01:27 PM

Al - BK "original" Italian Chicken sandwich?

skunkworks 07-17-2007 01:30 PM

I enjoy In-n-Out fries for what they are. It also helps if you get them well done.

Also, you guys are totally overrating McD's fries. Honestly, how frequently do you actually get a well-salted, fresh, hot batch of fries from McDonalds? It hardly happens for me. This is in stark contrast to some place like Fatburger, where their fries might not have as much potential but are certainly fresh and made well consistently.