Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   hahahaha, ok buddy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=453087)

PokerBob 07-17-2007 03:54 AM

hahahaha, ok buddy

online 10/20 game
i have been in the game for 2 orbits.

i raise the button with JT, sb folds, bb 3balls, i call.

flop QJTr.
bet, i raise, he calls.

turn: 4
he c/rs me

river: 7 (no flush)
now he checks, wtf?????

Amaryllis 07-17-2007 04:00 AM

Re: hahahaha, ok buddy

Why not 3bet the turn?

donger 07-17-2007 04:06 AM

I want to say check but this seems a lot like KQ or something. Attempting two CRs here with AK/QQ/JJ/etc would be so stupid the guy deserves an extra bet, heh.

gehrig 07-17-2007 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why not 3bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
that is a huge spew

Bill King 07-17-2007 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why not 3bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
that is a huge spew

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.. and i think you have to bet the river and fold if c/r's again obv.. i think you may however see QJ here about half as many times as you see AJ/AT etc

Chris Daddy Cool 07-17-2007 06:22 AM

bet for sure. he will c/r you again enough times with like AA, KK and AQ and will often hope for a reverse free showdown with hands you beat that he'll have a hard time folding.

if you had just a naked one pair this would be closer.

PokerBob 07-17-2007 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why not 3bet the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
that is a huge spew

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.. and i think you have to bet the river and fold if c/r's again obv.. i think you may however see QJ here about half as many times as you see AJ/AT etc

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i see QJ here just about never.

DeathDonkey 07-17-2007 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bet for sure. he will c/r you again enough times with like AA, KK and AQ and will often hope for a reverse free showdown with hands you beat that he'll have a hard time folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree but not sure why. I expect to see AK or air here pretty much. I would check.

-DeathDonkey

baronzeus 07-17-2007 11:29 AM

i think this is an insta-bet against most people. I would also insta-call a raise. i can think of a bunch of hands that im beating that might play like this, literally, way too many. and im definitely ahead more than the 55% necessary or whatever to value bet.

against some ppl (if i had reads) i'd also call this turn with the intention of raising non-A/K/Q/9 rivers.

baronzeus 07-17-2007 11:29 AM

also i would never bet with a single pair unless it was KK or AA

jstill 07-17-2007 11:47 AM

i dont get why people do this. I bet people dont double cr enough to check ( if u have the read theyre super retarded fancy ck i guess) but make stupid cr's on the turn then decide to ck call the river i duno why.

3betting the turn would be terribly -EV, his range when he cr's is AK mostly, QQ JJ TT other than that and who knows QJ or 98 if hed 3bet those and less often AQ KQ AA or KK. Against that range even undiscounted 3betting is bad, when u take into consideration which hands hes most likely to play this way its even worse.

Scary_Tiger 07-17-2007 12:08 PM

Bet/call.

brettbrettr 07-17-2007 01:04 PM

Bet, obv. I'd call a c/r too, hate it but do it. Then make notes...

gemmer 07-17-2007 03:14 PM

Easy bet, you'll see pair+draw alot here.

PokerBob 07-18-2007 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy bet, you'll see pair+draw alot here.

[/ QUOTE ]

do you call if check/raised?

PokerBob 07-19-2007 11:50 AM

online 10/20 game
i have been in the game for 2 orbits.

i raise the button with JT, sb folds, bb 3balls, i call.

flop QJTr.
bet, i raise, he calls.

turn: 4
he c/rs me

river: 7 (no flush)
now he checks, wtf?????

i bet, he c/red, i called and he showed AK. wow is he good.

yourface 07-19-2007 11:58 AM

bob at what point do you slow down if he powers through from the flop on?

Entity 07-19-2007 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he 3bets the flop I don't see Bob putting in any more raises.

Rob

PokerBob 07-19-2007 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he 3bets the flop I don't see Bob putting in any more raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is correct, since he is an unknown. if he was a known jackass, then maybe i would.

freewheeler 07-19-2007 02:24 PM

He has AA or KK. When you quickly call his check raise he gets spooked and realizes he's behind, thus the river check. c/r on turn was just retarded, but people overplay AA all the time. Bet the river and extract one more bb from him.

PokerBob 07-19-2007 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree but not sure why. I expect to see AK or air here pretty much. I would check.

[/ QUOTE ]

he 3bet preflop. you really think he has air?

DeathDonkey 07-19-2007 08:11 PM

Yes, you were the button and he was the BB, he can have like 56 sooted here and then do this weird [censored] postflop because that's the trouble you get in when you 3 bet 56 sooted out of the bb. Didn't this happen to you like 100 times a day on WPEX?

-DeathDonkey

jstill 07-19-2007 08:31 PM

oh how i miss wsex....

actually wait no not at all... VIP tourney in 2 mins whose playing besides myself? I think everyone should still have a few bucks on wsex just for those to be honest, sick deal.

only been playing NL since I switched sites so we ll see how i like six max lhe there, mite still play limit if i stop running at over 10ptbb/100 at 50 and 100 (only 5k hands so far). Watched ur NL video DD got a few comments questions I ll bump that other thread for it tho.

what were the results of this hand Pbob, just out of curiousity, if ur content with the discussion at this point?

PokerBob 07-20-2007 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, you were the button and he was the BB, he can have like 56 sooted here and then do this weird [censored] postflop because that's the trouble you get in when you 3 bet 56 sooted out of the bb. Didn't this happen to you like 100 times a day on WPEX?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but this was on another site where i assumed that everyone wasn't on crystal meth like at wpx. fwiw, if this wa at wpx, i wouldn't have even posted, as it is bet call 100%

cartman 07-20-2007 08:08 AM

In my opinion if you bet the river you have to fold to the checkraise. This guy is so excited about his hand that he gonna have to change his shorts after it is over.

ssmallz 07-20-2007 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my opinion if you bet the river you have to fold to the checkraise. This guy is so excited about his hand that he gonna have to change his shorts after it is over.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't c/r the 2 big streets w/out JT beat. Also remember that he called your flop raise and then c/r'ed the turn. Thats another huge show of strenth that usually means set or better. Combine that w/the 2 street c/r and 2 pair is toast. B/f is the way to go

Misja 07-20-2007 07:26 PM

Guess he either has 99/88 or AK. I would B/F.

bmorganonap 07-29-2007 02:03 AM

3 betting the turn is probably a spew but ide def bet the river for value.

bboy_ 07-29-2007 06:23 AM

i'm in the bet/call camp and i also really like how villain played this

AdidasChick 07-29-2007 02:08 PM

spamming is a bannable offense. -Surf

veganmav 07-29-2007 04:00 PM

wtf can we please stop these spammings somehow?