Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Full Tilt is not letting me withdraw my money (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=449445)

CanSpoilU 07-12-2007 01:42 PM

Full Tilt is not letting me withdraw my money

I don't know what to do. I have tried everything. I am from the states.

I deposited with a credit card... no problem. I want to withdraw now. Tried to withdraw by check... they voided the transaction saying they dont have a payment processor online for me.

They want a copy of a utility bill and my drivers license and they will then allow me to withdraw by check.

I emailed them copies of my drivers license and utility bill FOUR times and each time they say they can't open the attachment. This is such a load of crap because I actually work in the computer industry. I own the mail server that I send my email with. I have 250-id mail receipts for every email i send to them so they can't say they don't get the emails. They are giving me the total run-around.

I tried faxing the documents and I received no response from them.

I cannot withdraw with epassporte because they say i have to first make a deposit with that method in order to withdraw. WHY am i going to give them more money when they refuse to give me my money back?

Unbelieveable. I don't know what to do. I am about to call my CC company I made the deposit with and dispute the charge.

It's amazing... I have had no such issues with Absolute Poker. They have been great with deposits and withdrawals for a US player.

KurtSF 07-12-2007 01:50 PM

Re: Full Tilt is not letting me withdraw my money

PM FTPDoug.

You seem savvy, so I feel a little bad asking, but did you send them .pdf files? There were able to open those when I had to do this.

Did you play on the site, or just deposit and then withdraw?

Based on history its more likely this is incompetence, not them stonewalling you. Deep breath, keep trying, and I'm sure it'll get sorted out eventually.

CanSpoilU 07-12-2007 01:53 PM

No... they specifically said in the email to send JPG files... so I sent JPG files. I can resend them as PDFs. I can send them whatever the ____ they want.

I played on the site for a little bit... but wasn't happy with it. The account was open for a good two months before I decided to withdraw. I prefered playing on Absolute so I wanted to withdraw.

Ugh... these people PISS me off. LOL I will resend them PDFs.

Sephus 07-12-2007 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on history its more likely this is incompetence, not them stonewalling you.

[/ QUOTE ]

CanSpoilU 07-12-2007 01:55 PM

And not for nothing... it wasn't like I didn't have problems with withdrawing from Absolute. The first time I tried ACH with Absolute when they offered it... it never went through. Then they sent me a check that my bank (Citi) said bounced. Not sure if Citi just didnt want to deposit the check or it was indeed overdrawn.

But at least when I called Absolute.... they were very sorry... bla bla bla... gave me an extra $50 bucks for my trouble... and western unioned me the money which worked great.

I can't even call Full Tilt.

KurtSF 07-12-2007 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But at least when I called Absolute....

[/ QUOTE ]

CS over the phone. How... novel.

Since you run your mailserver we can assume the problem isn't there. What program are you using to make the jpegs? Have you sent them to a friend to make sure they can open them?

CanSpoilU 07-12-2007 02:08 PM

Trust me when I say I make GOOD money doing computer work for a living. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Its definitely NOT a problem with anything on my end. The whole world could open my attachments... but not Full Tilt apparently.

KurtSF 07-12-2007 02:09 PM

Also, it wasn't explicitly stated, but FTP has to pay a % on all deposits and withdrawals, and sometimes won't do a withdrawal if the rake from your play doesn't cover these expenses.

I hope that's not the case here, because then they are outright lying to you.

CanSpoilU 07-12-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, it wasn't explicitly stated, but FTP has to pay a % on all deposits and withdrawals, and sometimes won't do a withdrawal if the rake from your play doesn't cover these expenses.

I hope that's not the case here, because then they are outright lying to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was never discussed.

KurtSF 07-12-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Trust me when I say I make GOOD money doing computer work for a living. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Its definitely NOT a problem with anything on my end. The whole world could open my attachments... but not Full Tilt apparently.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. I had to ask.

Did you PM FTPDoug?

CanSpoilU 07-12-2007 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. I had to ask.

Did you PM FTPDoug?

[/ QUOTE ]

No I didn't. I'll drop him a PM and see if he can help. Thanks for this suggestion.

And don't worry about asking stupid questions. There are never stupid questions in my field. Only stupid answers. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Unregistered 07-12-2007 02:22 PM

You're not using outlook are you or an outlook server?

Outlook blows arse and most other email clients (thunderbird, eurdora, etc...) won't be able to open attachments if you're sending RTF (rich text format) emails because it's an MS only format.

CanSpoilU 07-12-2007 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're not using outlook are you or an outlook server?

Outlook blows arse and most other email clients (thunderbird, eurdora, etc...) won't be able to open attachments if you're sending RTF (rich text format) emails because it's an MS only format.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am actually using Outlook Web Access. My company sends out a good five to ten thousand emails daily. If people couldn't open my attachments (or attachments sent by other people that use my mail server)... I would definitely hear about it.

I do know of some incompatibilities with Outlook and other mail systems (especially with Lotus Notes systems). I'll try sending in different formats. But its just ridiculous that this is going on.

Unregistered 07-12-2007 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am actually using Outlook Web Access. My company sends out a good five to ten thousand emails daily. If people couldn't open my attachments (or attachments sent by other people that use my mail server)... I would definitely hear about it.

I do know of some incompatibilities with Outlook and other mail systems (especially with Lotus Notes systems). I'll try sending in different formats. But its just ridiculous that this is going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the link for future reference. If you haven't dealt with it yet you will need to at some point. Depending you your company you may have just gotten lucky since most US based corp's use outlook as a standard.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/138053

CanSpoilU 07-12-2007 02:53 PM

Thanks for the link. I am actually already aware of this issue. I have a separate entry in my system manager for one particular company that I know uses Lotus Notes. Had to turn off rich text for that domain.

The only mail systems I find have this issue though are Lotus Notes systems. Thank god those are few and far between. Talk about a bad mail client.

ALLEN BOND 07-12-2007 03:18 PM

Just wait for a story I have coming up with FTP as it develops. You will be astonished.

limitninja 07-12-2007 03:23 PM

How come noone is flaming at op here, he is thinking about doing chargebacks, but everyone is flaming at me.

All of you are ignorant sons of bitches

Unregistered 07-12-2007 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How come noone is flaming at op here, he is thinking about doing chargebacks, but everyone is flaming at me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why's it always gotta be about you? I just started reading these forums again and that's already 2 threads out of about 5 I've read that you've tried to make about you. Start your own thread man.

Edit: FYI CanSpoilU I use Mozilla Thunderbird as my email client and I have the issue fairly often when receiving email from outlook users. So, it's not just lotus notes. Luckily I'm also in IT so I found a winmail.dat reader that can pull the attachments out for me so I don't have to bother with trying to walk other people through fixing their mail servers.

CanSpoilU 07-12-2007 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

From briefly reading your thread... it seems like you have an issue with another 2+2 poster. My issue is strictly with FTP.

Big difference when talking about chargebacks and discussing on 2+2. And I said I would "think" about a chargeback. I am old enough (33) to know that chargebacks are not a simple thing to do. This is a last resort option for me.

But thanks for your (stupid) insight on this.

_Towelie_ 07-12-2007 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I cannot withdraw with epassporte because they say i have to first make a deposit with that method in order to withdraw. WHY am i going to give them more money when they refuse to give me my money back?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you already have an epass account then your stubbornness is kinda retarded. Just make the minimum deposit via epass then withdraw the balance - I really don't see the big deal here.

CanSpoilU 07-12-2007 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you already have an epass account then your stubbornness is kinda retarded. Just make the minimum deposit via epass then withdraw the balance - I really don't see the big deal here.

[/ QUOTE ]

And what recourse do I have if I make a deposit with epassporte that they will do a withdrawal to epassporte? This is a company that said to send in my info by email (which I did seven separate times) or by fax (which I did today)... they will give me my money back. At least right now I can just dispute the charge on my credit card. If I go epassporte... I have to take it out of my checking. This company is unreal.

They just voided another withdrawal I tried to make today. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO????

This is an automated message sent from Full Tilt Poker.

Your Player ID: xxxxxx
Date and Time: 2007-07-12 21:29:55
Transfer Number: xxxxxx
Payment Method: Void
Amount: $xxx.25

CanSpoilU 07-12-2007 10:04 PM

Want to hear insult to injury? I decide to load money to epassporte to try to get my money that way.

So I load the limit FTP will allow to epassporte ($45). That means I have to load $50 according to epassporte because they take a $5 fee.

So I do this... and my epassporte balance is now $40. WTF? Now I gotta make another load to epassporte and pay another fee. W-T-F. LOL I tried to load again with the same credit card and got declined. DUH

Now I gotta deal with epassporte. Unbelieveable. All because FTP is incompetent.

ETA: Looks like I got tagged with a $5 virtual Visa 1yr agreement fee. Crap. I wish I would have known that or else I would have loaded $5 extra bucks.

ALLEN BOND 07-12-2007 10:05 PM

I love how you have to PM some rep on a public message board to actually receive a response from the company you give business to, and I thought my Indian support friends were lousy.

Harharharhar

CanSpoilU 07-12-2007 10:13 PM

Well... I made another load to epassporte (got hit with another $5 fee... thats now $15 in total fees).

Deposit went fine to FTP (funny how they have no problem with taking your money).

Now I just submitted a withdrawal back to epassporte for my balance with FTP.

Let's see how long this takes for them to (void) this transaction. Ugh.

_Towelie_ 07-12-2007 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And what recourse do I have if I make a deposit with epassporte that they will do a withdrawal to epassporte? This is a company that said to send in my info by email (which I did seven separate times) or by fax (which I did today)... they will give me my money back. At least right now I can just dispute the charge on my credit card. If I go epassporte... I have to take it out of my checking. This company is unreal.

They just voided another withdrawal I tried to make today. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO????

[/ QUOTE ]

So they voided another check withdrawal and you're surprised? For whatever reason they still haven't seen your documents so of course they're going to void the withdrawal. And their request for you to deposit via epass is not unreasonable; it's a security policy that the majority of reputable sites have adopted. If you want to withdraw to any particular eWallet, you have to first make a deposit using said eWallet - not rocket science.

Anyway since you faxed your info in today I suspect you'll be cleared for a check withdrawal soon enough.

CanSpoilU 07-12-2007 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And their request for you to deposit via epass is not unreasonable; it's a security policy that the majority of reputable sites have adopted. If you want to withdraw to any particular eWallet, you have to first make a deposit using said eWallet - not rocket science.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's rocket science if you DIDN'T make your initial deposit with that ewallet. I made a CC deposit. I shouldn't have to go through this crap to try to get a check from them.

Like I said... Absolute had NO SUCH PROBLEM mailing me a check when I used a CC to deposit to them.

Its amazing how much better the AP customer service is over FTP.

Josem 07-12-2007 10:38 PM

i'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that someone who is operating his own mail server is likely to understand how to attach images to an email.

given this, and given the track record of FTP's customer service (they put the "vice" back into service) it would seem reasonable to assume that they are at fault.

CanSpoilU 07-12-2007 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that someone who is operating his own mail server is likely to understand how to attach images to an email.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for the record... its actually a corporate mail server that I am in charge of. Its not like the mail server is sitting in my bedroom.

I am an MCSE, a CCNA, and I have 15 years in the computer industry.

My "computer credentials" speak for themselves. While it is possible that they are getting my emails but not the attachments (they did mention they were getting some winmail.dat files which is a known Outlook to foreign server bug)... I applied the fix for this problem to my lastest two emails to them today. So far no response.

I'll be curious to see if they void this epassporte withdrawal. At this point I would almost prefer the epassporte withdrawal and eat the fees. With my luck if I ever do get a check from them... I will probably have trouble cashing the damm thing. At least with epassporte I know an ACH to my checking account will work fine.

Ugh. And on top of this all... its not even like we are talking about a ton of cash. I had $381 bucks in there (now $426 since my epassporte min deposit).

It's not thousands of dollars... but it isn't pennies on the dollar either. I need this cash to fund a home improvement project i'm working on!

_Towelie_ 07-12-2007 11:09 PM

I'm not trying to go to bat for FTP. OP is justifiably angry. I was just trying to show how there are legitimate procedural reasons behind the continued delay after FT's initial [censored] up. I was probably a little harsh, apologies.

Unregistered 07-13-2007 07:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My "computer credentials" speak for themselves. While it is possible that they are getting my emails but not the attachments (they did mention they were getting some winmail.dat files which is a known Outlook to foreign server bug)... I applied the fix for this problem to my lastest two emails to them today. So far no response.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can specify the mail format to individual recipients as well. If they are getting winmail.dat that is the EXACT problem I gave you the link to before.

FYI... for the FTP guys they should probably be loading a winmail.dat reader because I'm sure other people have probably sent attachments that they could not read and it's just easier than trying to walk most people through the process of reconfiguring their email. I'm sure the OP will eventually get the settings right but most people wouldn't have a clue as to where to even start.

If their customer support would just grab a freeware tool like the winmail reader from http://www.kopf.com.br/winmail/ it would solve the problem.

The winmail.dat file actually does contain the attachments that you sent. They are all just bundled together almost like an unreadable .zip file since your PC won't know what to do with that file.

FTPSean 07-13-2007 01:02 PM

CanSpoilU,

Can you PM me your Full Tilt Poker player id, and I will see what the hold-up is.

Sean

CanSpoilU 07-13-2007 05:56 PM

Well it seems that I am finally authorized to withdraw. By check and by epassporte. Still waiting for the withdrawal to be accepted (still sitting in QUEUED). We'll see.

FTPSean is helping me out which is good.

CanSpoilU 07-19-2007 09:34 PM

A couple of people asked me to post an update to this. FTPSean helped me out to get my issues sorted out. I am not sure how much influence he had in getting me verified to withdraw... but I can withdraw now by both check and epassporte.

To withdraw by check... FT wanted my documents sent to them in JPG format. As previously posted... I would just send them from something other than an outlook client as it seems they have issues opening emails from outlook people unless you tweak the hell out of the rich text settings (turn them off actually).

Now I am just waiting for epassporte to put the money in my checking account. Taking forever.

snoop01 07-20-2007 11:55 AM

This took me about a full week from the time I requested it from Epass to the time that it hit my checking account.

Good luck