Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Zeejustin playing on bodog (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=449440)

kassdog 07-12-2007 01:32 PM

Zeejustin playing on bodog

In his latest blog post he said "I made an awsome(or amazing) deal with bodog.

dlk9s 07-12-2007 01:33 PM

Re: Zeejustin playing on bodog

Yes.

Next thread, please.

KnifeParty11 07-12-2007 01:35 PM

good for him

shdw01 07-12-2007 02:38 PM

That would explain the bodog gear he has been wearing in every WSOP picture I've seen.

niss 07-12-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In his latest blog post he said "I made an awsome(or amazing) deal with bodog.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play on Bodog too. Awesome deal too -- I win money, they pay me. I think I'll start a thread.

teddyFBI 07-12-2007 03:22 PM

yes, he's one of their sponsored players.

[preparing for onslaught of ZJ multiaccounting jokes...]

kassdog 07-12-2007 04:10 PM

I just can't wait for him to win the 200K or 100K or whatever it is.

mattw 07-12-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just can't wait for him to win the 200K or 100K or whatever it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

it will be easy when he is occupying 9 of the 10 chairs.

what does this say about bodog accepting him as a rep?

Oliver Nipples 07-12-2007 05:32 PM

Yeah it's a pretty sweet deal, ZJ sells his soul and first born child and Bodog allows him to receive ACH withdrawls. Win/Win for both!

ridonkulous 07-12-2007 06:08 PM

Geez man, the kid made a mistake, he paid the price.

Justin's actually a pretty nice guy, and will represent Bodog well.

ski 07-12-2007 06:31 PM

I wonder the specifics of the deal? Is ZJ that well known?
I don't understand why bodog would give him much money. Does he have to play on Bodog as a Pro, go to events? just wear their clothes?

Dids 07-12-2007 06:39 PM

ZJ's well known enough (allbeit kidna for the wrong reasons) to make it into a lot of cardplayer updates and such, which means bodog gets their shirt in pictures.

ZJ also did have a hot run at the start of the year. He picked himself as an early fav to win player of the year!

No Fizzle 07-12-2007 06:46 PM

Good for him.

I wonder how much his deal is worth.

kleath 07-12-2007 06:48 PM

It's an odd combination, what with ZJs aggressive Multitabling and Bodogs antiaggressive 3 tabling.

Taylor Caby 07-12-2007 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's an odd combination, what with ZJs aggressive Multitabling and Bodogs antiaggressive 3 tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought this was clever. but seriously, why don't we just give justin a break? he's a good guy and made a mistake, well over a year ago, as a 19 or 20 year old kid.

tc

Annulus 07-12-2007 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought this was clever. but seriously, why don't we just give justin a break? he's a good guy and made a mistake, well over a year ago, as a 19 or 20 year old kid.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

honestly, ZJ jokes are very old and lame, but so are posts like yours. so it's a wash.

Rzitup 07-12-2007 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, and I am the one that originally put him in this situation.
Although I don't really know him, he seems like a good kid that is focused on improving himself and his game. I hope everyone allows him to move forward.

kassdog 07-12-2007 09:08 PM

I would like to set the record that I did not start this post to make fun of him. I just started it because I noticed no one else on 2+2 posted anything. I have been a big fan of him long before the situation happened.

xxThe_Lebowskixx 07-12-2007 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

i really havent taken enough advantage of doing unethical [censored] in my youth.

xxThe_Lebowskixx 07-12-2007 09:46 PM

getting sponsership money is pretty awesome. i wonder what his and other players deals are?

stickdude 07-12-2007 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, multitabling != multiaccounting.

soah 07-12-2007 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, he's six of their sponsored players.

[preparing for onslaught of ZJ multiaccounting jokes...]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure no one would do such a thing.

murph0110 07-12-2007 11:08 PM

im pretty sure that david, eve, and josh are the only pros with unlimited sponsorship deals left... atleast that was the case with david in 2006...

josh might not have an unlimited anymore since he does not seem to play as much as the other 2...

i would think that zj hovers around 30k or so.... yes?

invid 07-12-2007 11:34 PM

what mistake did this kid do?

RikaKazak 07-12-2007 11:37 PM

bodog dropped jamie gold but yet signed zeejustin...

WOW

Bagonirix 07-12-2007 11:40 PM

zeejustin>>>jamie gold

RikaKazak 07-12-2007 11:43 PM

So bodog signs one of the most well known online poker cheats in history.....

BRILLIANT!

What's next, banks posting bail for bank robbers?

teddyFBI 07-12-2007 11:57 PM

p.s. if i ran a poker site, i'd sign ZJ so fast it would make ur head spin.

(same goes for brandi)

murph0110 07-13-2007 12:09 AM

i wonder if bodog knows about his past?

anyway, i forgive the guy cause he has been kinda open about it, much unlike some past cheaters that the poker world still glorifies...

kassdog 07-13-2007 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

anyway, i forgive the guy cause he has been kinda open about it, much unlike some past cheaters that the poker world still glorifies...

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv they know nothing about him. They just stick their heads up thier asses and never check whats new in the poker world.

THAY3R 07-13-2007 12:19 AM

I'd be really interested in what his deal is because Bodog offered me a contract and it didn't seem very good at all.

Anyone know what a typical sponsorship deal is like?

SEABEAST 07-13-2007 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

uh.. he's only really famous because of it?

Jer672 07-13-2007 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd be really interested in what his deal is because Bodog offered me a contract and it didn't seem very good at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

shouldnt this be a brag in BBV?? =)

gaurangp 07-13-2007 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

give brandi a break tto then

elliot 07-13-2007 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you cant post that without giving SOME vague details on what the ballparked offer was

cero_z 07-13-2007 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shouldnt this and everything you ever post on 2p2 be a brag in BBV?? =)

[/ QUOTE ]

beans 07-13-2007 05:13 PM

PokerBiz post on Bodog and ZeeJustin

Envyme_Mvp 07-13-2007 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
p.s. if i ran a poker site, i'd sign ZJ so fast it would make ur head spin.

(same goes for brandi)

[/ QUOTE ]

For better or worse, he is one of the msot recognizable faces in online poker.

[Phill] 07-13-2007 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder the specifics of the deal? Is ZJ that well known?
I don't understand why bodog would give him much money. Does he have to play on Bodog as a Pro, go to events? just wear their clothes?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is actually a really clever move by Bodog provided you accept the notion "all publicity is good publicity".

As has been noted, Cardplayer et al covered him in the past with the multiaccounting and this has led to lots of coverage in their various tourney reports.

Its also safe to assume he is a very good tourney player. Anyone who says otherwise is either naive or deluded.

But at the same time, he hasnt remotely peaked - he is playing the full circuit and sooner or later he will pick up a win on a televised final table, with a few televised final tables along the way.

Because Bodog has gotton in there on the ground floor - couple with Stars and others unwillingness to associate themselves with him - his deal is likely very low relative to his skill and potential - probably with a long tie in period and most of his earning coming from performance related pay.

As someone else in the thread said, if i had clout as part of a smaller site like Bodog, id have his name at the bottom of a contract as soon as he started on the circuit.

Finally, as Taylor has shown, many are willing to forgive and forget what Justin did when he was just a kid - he didnt physically hurt anyone, he wasnt convicted of dealing drugs (like Matusow) and as we've seen bigger names than him have admitted to cheating (see David Sklansky). You guys really need to get past this, everyone else has.

bogey 07-13-2007 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and as we've seen bigger names than him have admitted to cheating (see David Sklansky).

[/ QUOTE ]

?????????