Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Party transaction rates and my (likely) useless protest (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=449368)

Wires 07-12-2007 11:51 AM

Party transaction rates and my (likely) useless protest

This is basically a cross post from a message I created in a thread in the bonus section. I'm a bit slow coming to this realization but I did not realize the awful exchange rate and transaction fees being charged by Party Poker.

At the beginning to June I lost my rakeback at Party so I made the decision to move to Full Tilt. I play 100NL 6 max. In the daytime hours there is no comparison. Party is far better than FT. Because of the lack of Americans and the time zone difference with the Europeans you can find great games at 10 in the morning EST.

In the evening (EST) Party isn't all that great. There are a lot of regulars at 100NL and the table averages take a large dip with it being too late for many of the casual European players. And after 11 PM on a weeknight? Forget it. I'm not saying that the games can't be good at night but they are not nearly as good as the daytime games.

Full Tilt is the opposite with games being tighter during the day with great games in the evening.

I played a Party pretty much exclusively for the last 2 years and never had to make a deposit other than to take advantage of the occasional deposit bonus. I withdrew all of my funds at the beginning of June and only yesterday made a deposit to take advantage of the deposit bonus. Maybe I've been living under a rock but I was shocked at the profit they were making off of these transactions. I sent the following letter to Party:

__________________________________________________ ____

To whom it may concern,

With the exception of the last month I have been a regular player at your site. Today I saw that it was the last day to take advantage of a bonus offer so I decided I would start playing again. I made a deposit of $700 Canadian to your site and after the exchange my account was credited with $643 US. I was surprised by the terrible exchange rate so I went to your Cash Out page to see what my account would be credited if I withdrew my funds immediately. I was shocked to see I would receive only $656 Canadian. That is $46 in fees for a simple deposit. I'm down $46 and I HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED A HAND. I addition to giving yourselves a very profitable exchange rate you have the nerve to charge an additional $2.50 fee on the withdrawal. This is shameful.

In the current climate where it is much more difficult to move money in and out of poker sites you should be making every effort to make this process as easy as possible Unfortunately you have opted to make an obscene profit off of these transactions. My intentions are as follows. I am a member of several poker forums and I plan to be very vocal on this matter. I will also discourage other poker players from playing on your site. I will continue to play until I clear this bonus in order to recoup some of the costs of this deposit however this will be the LAST time I play at your site.

Your profit should come from raking pots, not shamefully stealing money from players on transactions. To charge $46 in fees on a $700 deposit is grotesque and greedy. I would hope that this letter makes it beyond the computer screen of some first level customer support representative and into the hands of someone who has the common sense to effect some change in regards to these practices.

Sincerely,

XXX

I don't expect this letter to make a shred of difference but I was so frustrated that I felt I needed to say something. I also do not believe that it is worth staying at Party because they games are so profitable it outweighs their dickish behaviour. There are plenty of great games on the net. About a billion players are logged on to Stars at any given time and about half of that on FT. It's not like all these players are sharks who are killing the game. Party was my home for several years but there is no way I can stick around with these ludicrous exchange rates. It's a slap in the fact to their players.

teddyFBI 07-12-2007 12:10 PM

Re: Party transaction rates and my (likely) useless protest

i feel the same way but unfort am much lazier than you -- let us know if anything comes of it. my guess is that if u catch a support rep on a good day he might offer u some sort of $100 deposit bonus.
p.s. use their bank wire withdrawal method and u can keep everything in US dollars. or request a check in USD. or open a moneybookers acct in USD and request checks or EFTs from them. ur not stuck with party's terrible exchange rate. it's just a headache to get around.

_Towelie_ 07-12-2007 12:26 PM

Here's an email I sent 4 days ago. Not nearly as well crafted as yours, but it gets the point across.

[ QUOTE ]
Hello Party,

I'm just writing to let you know how much I don't appreciate your new outlandish currency conversion rates. If I understand things correctly, if I make a deposit of $1000 CDN and choose to withdraw it after conversion and fees I'm only looking at like $930? This is a terrible way to treat your Canadian customer base. It has become clear to us (Canadian players) that you're much more interested in fattening your bottom line than treating this share of the market fairly and with respect. Tread carefully Party. If this doesn’t change you will lose us. There are lots of places to play.

Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of Party's past history of completely ignoring their customers, I think everyone who is outraged by this should at the very least send an email.

Wires 07-12-2007 12:38 PM

ur not stuck with party's terrible exchange rate. it's just a headache to get around.

It's for this reason I will no longer play on Party. The onus should not be on the player to jump through hoops in order to deposit on a site. The online room should be making every effort possible to ease the transition of money to their site. Party's EFT is a great idea and it worked very well when they offered a competitive exchange rate. What they are doing now is shameful.

I'll keep you posted but I think we all know that I'll be receiving some generic customer service letter.

sonneti 07-12-2007 12:59 PM

Can you not play in your home currency? My account is in GBP and I think it gets traded back and forward at the same rate.

Wires 07-12-2007 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you not play in your home currency? My account is in GBP and I think it gets traded back and forward at the same rate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so because every I transaction I make is automatically converted to or from US funds. I don't see an option to do anything else. Which is bizarre seeing as they do not allow US players on the site.

Marc Desjardins 07-12-2007 01:20 PM

I sent similar emails, also complaining about the new point base bonus structure. Basically, before, when it was calculated in raked hands, I could clear a 100$ bonus playing 4 tables of NL25 in about 7-8 hours. I now play NL 50 and now it would take me 23 hours to clear the same 100$ bonus. And in the end, with the exchange rate, it turns out that it's only a 60$ bonus.

It's not worth my time anymore. I emailed them, complained about the exchange rate and bonus structure. They basically told me that there is nothing they can do.

So I cashed everything out. I won't be back until they give us a fair exchange rate and a better bonus structure. But I don't see that happening soon unfortunatly...

sonneti 07-12-2007 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so because every I transaction I make is automatically converted to or from US funds. I don't see an option to do anything else. Which is bizarre seeing as they do not allow US players on the site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a look at the "Your profile" tab (in the party website) I have an option to change my currency there if I want.

tommyd7878 07-12-2007 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i feel the same way but unfort am much lazier than you -- let us know if anything comes of it. my guess is that if u catch a support rep on a good day he might offer u some sort of $100 deposit bonus.
p.s. use their bank wire withdrawal method and u can keep everything in US dollars. or request a check in USD. or open a moneybookers acct in USD and request checks or EFTs from them. ur not stuck with party's terrible exchange rate. it's just a headache to get around.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can get an EFT from Moneybookers??

teddyFBI 07-12-2007 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, and u can keep it in USD.
or u can request a check from them in USD.

tommyd7878 07-12-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How long does it usually take? And if I request it to a Canadian $ bank account what it the exchange rate like?

Wires 07-12-2007 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a look at the "Your profile" tab (in the party website) I have an option to change my currency there if I want.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only currency options are U.S., British Pound, and the Euro. No option for Canadian funds.

SlantNGo 07-12-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe you're referring to a wire. I don't think Moneybookers does EFTs, just check and wire.

whittiphil 07-12-2007 05:56 PM

I don't get this. If you can play on party, you can use neteller right, so just deposit USD from neteller into party, no exchange rate probs?

_Towelie_ 07-12-2007 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't get this. If you can play on party, you can use neteller right, so just deposit USD from neteller into party, no exchange rate probs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Neteller pulled out of the Canadian market some time ago now.

cardman 07-12-2007 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I believe you're referring to a wire. I don't think Moneybookers does EFTs, just check and wire.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is correct.

whittiphil 07-12-2007 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Neteller pulled out of the Canadian market some time ago now.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok apologies, my mistake

Scotty_12 07-15-2007 10:45 PM

I've encountered alot of difficulty trying to cash out on party rec ently, here is a chronolgy of emails with my 'VIP HOST' (LOL) maybe if a bunch of us complain about the same thing, they will do something about it? Then again, maybe not:

I have two questions regarding cashout.

#1 - As a deuces club member, is the $35 charge for premium delivery
waived when I cash out?

#2 - I wish to cash out in USD, is this an option? If so, how do I go
about doing this?

Many thanks,

Scott

_____________________________________ (7/4/07)

Dear Scott! Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, it is impossible
to cancel cash out fee. But for members of Deuces club we will
compensate these expenses.
The maximal sum of compensation is 100 USD, is compensated no more than
5 transactions per month.
For cash out in USD you can use: check, online wallets (WebMoney,
Moneybookers, Neteller).
Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site! In case you have
any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be
more than happy to help you. Kind Regards, Leonid VIP Host
Dear Player,

Thank you for contacting us.

So let me clarify something. If I cash out $15000 in US dollars and do
so with the premium delivery service (which costs $35 USD) how am I
going to be compensated for the service?

Also, where do I select the US dollar for my cashout option? Am I able
to just request the cashout through you, my VIP host, and avoid having
to go through t he website to fill out any of the forms or anything?

Many thanks,
Scott

_____________________________________ (7/08/07)

Dear Scott,

The $35 will be added to your account after you made the cash out,
please just send us an e-mail when you made the cash out and we will add
the money to your account.

The check will be in Canadian dollars since you are living in Canada,
unfortunately its not possible for you to get the check in USD. To get
paid in USD you will need a USD account and choose a different cash out
option.

You also need to go through the website to make the transaction.

Thank you for choosing PartyPoker.com and I wish you best of luck.

Best regards
David Bilén
VIP ? Host
davidb@partyaccount.com
Europe: 00-800-7789-7537
Canada: 1-866-848-7537
011-800-7789-7537

David,

Let us be realistic here, the 1 USD = 1.0185 CAD exchange rate that partypoker is offering on my cash outs is a RIDICULOUS ripoff. You guys have made THOUSANDS of dollars in rake from my pockets, and now you wish to squeeze more with an exchange rate that is well below the market rate of 1 USD = 1.04592 CAD. This is INSULTING.
HERE is my first question: What is the US to Canadian exchange rate when I make a deposit??? is it t he same rate as you charge for cashing out, or are you making money from that too?

You mentioned "To get
paid in USD you will need a USD account and choose a different cash out
option."

Well then TELL ME HOW to get a USD account and tell me WHICH CASHOUT OPTION TO CHOOSE because I will gladly do it. For me to accept 1.0185 (RIPOFF) is unnaceptable.

"Thank you for choosing PartyPoker.com and I wish you best of luck.

Best regards
David Bilén
VIP ? Host"

I dont want LUCK, I want fairness and a PROMPT REPLY to this email. If I am a 'VIP' then please treat me like one.

It is bad enough that the old $5k prize of winning the monthly leaderboard is gone, many other websites have incentives to be at the top of their leaderboards, allow rakeback, have POINTS STORES for what you earn on playing on the site .. regardless of partys LACK of these benefits, I am still making money for your site. I would at least expect fairness when cashing out, but parhapds that is too much to ask?

Looking forward to your reply,

Scott

_____________________________________ (7/09/07)

Scott, I understand your concern; please allow 24-48hrs for my response because I'm trying to work something out here. Best regards David Bilén VIP – Host

David,

Thank you SO MUCH for not just sending me a canned 'copied and pasted' response. Let me know what you find out.

Cheers,

Scott

_____________________________________ (7/10/07)

No problem, I'm actually trying to help.

In this case what is strange is that in PartyAccount.com, the CAD currency says 1.05 which seems to me to be pretty much market value. But in the currency converter at the same place it says like you say 1.0185. Im trying to find out what is going on here.

I have escalated this to people responsible and I will let you know as soon as I will get any answers. They told me yesterday 24-48hrs.

David,

Sounds good. Let me know as soon as you hear back from them.

Cheers,

Scott

_____________________________________ (7/14/07)

Scott,

Thank you for your patience, Im still waiting for an answer and I will contact them again after the weekend. You are not the only player that think this issue is very frustrating and I aswell beleive that something has to be done. Will let you know.

David

kypreanus 09-13-2007 10:07 PM

I just discovered this issue today.

I didnt even realise that they had been snitching a ridicilous esimated 6 % currency conversion fee from each of my deposit/cashout.

I am sending one angry mail and quitting playing at Party Poker completely. And before you think you can back to Party now that the biggest shark has left, think again, I was a semi-donator at that site. Party you pissed off a good customer.

The only way avoiding this BS CC fee is to have an e-wallet of USD currency and totally avoid currency conversion fee. Other sites such as Stars have option to make currency conversions as well, but no-one of that I know charge these kind of sick fees.

cardman 09-13-2007 10:46 PM

I was reading this thead down not bothering to check the date, and was shocked to see my own post. Then realized this was an old thread bump. It's kind of funny. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

kypreanus 09-14-2007 12:13 AM

Party Poker at it again. I deposited $500, 3 tabled about an hour NL200, and made a withdrawal request.

Then I get this:

[ QUOTE ]
Dear ,

We have received your cashout request for $501.75 on 09/13/07.

However, we notice that you have made deposits $500.00 and cashing out
without adequate gameplay as per our Terms and Conditions. This is a bit
of a concern for us.

Please note that every player is expected to earn ‘Standard PartyPoints’
equivalent to or more than 15% of the amount deposited (in USD) in their
account before cashing out the same.

Please refer to our terms and conditions for more information:

https://secure.partyaccount.com/abou....htm#Cash_Outs

We have cancelled your cashout request and put the funds back into your
PartyAccount. You may, however, request for a cashout after earning Standard PartyPoints as specified.

Please access the following link to check how many PartyPoints you have
earned:

https://secure.partyaccount.com/pc/p...ly_summary.htm

Please reply if you have any questions or need any clarifications, and
we will be more than glad to assist you.

Should you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Contact us anytime, we are available around the clock to assist you with
your account related questions and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Nizamuddin
Investigations Team
alerts@PartyAccount.com

[/ QUOTE ]

So they will keep my money until I have played enough. I did generate plenty of rake 3 tabling for an hour or so. Guess not enough. This is rogue stuff. Just a warning for you guys.

I got furious with this & the outrageous currency conversion fees and Ive decided to play at Party no more.

Josem 09-14-2007 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So they will keep my money until I have played enough. I did generate plenty of rake 3 tabling for an hour or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you did not.

They're quite clear in their requirements (which is in contrast to almost every other site)

[ QUOTE ]
This is rogue stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it is not. They bear costs on your transactions. It's not unreasonable for them to recoup those costs.

No other business would be expected to do this, so I don't understand why you'd expect that from Party.

[ QUOTE ]
I got furious with this & the outrageous currency conversion fees

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously, if you did less currency converting and more playing, you wouldn't have this problem.

[ QUOTE ]
and Ive decided to play at Party no more.

[/ QUOTE ]
fair decision. it's a free market.

kypreanus 09-14-2007 12:46 AM

Josem do you understand that they are snatching around 6 % currency conversion fee that should GENEROUSLY cover any e-wallet costs. Bastards. Do you have any idea what kind of implications it has on a winrate?

I know no other site that doesn't let you withdraw after 3-tabling an hour. I've played on Party for years and this is the first time they pull these stunts. The whole new party poker point system is a lot harder to understand and rationalize how much does one to play to get their money out. It's not like they proudly advertise on their front page that they wont process withdrawals unless you have generated a ridicilous amount of rake.

After making a withdrawal you assume that you are going to get your money, and not to fight with the support. No BS, no outrageous currency conversion fees, no extra play required.

CasperW 09-14-2007 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For Canadians, Party won't let you receive a cheque in USD! Wire or Moneybookers is probably your only option.

Allinlife 09-15-2007 02:39 PM

so is the best way to cashout for Canadians is to cashout to moneybookers, request USD check then convert it at local bank?

PartyScout 09-15-2007 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is basically a cross post from a message I created in a thread in the bonus section. I'm a bit slow coming to this realization but I did not realize the awful exchange rate and transaction fees being charged by Party Poker.

At the beginning to June I lost my rakeback at Party so I made the decision to move to Full Tilt. I play 100NL 6 max. In the daytime hours there is no comparison. Party is far better than FT. Because of the lack of Americans and the time zone difference with the Europeans you can find great games at 10 in the morning EST.

In the evening (EST) Party isn't all that great. There are a lot of regulars at 100NL and the table averages take a large dip with it being too late for many of the casual European players. And after 11 PM on a weeknight? Forget it. I'm not saying that the games can't be good at night but they are not nearly as good as the daytime games.

Full Tilt is the opposite with games being tighter during the day with great games in the evening.

I played a Party pretty much exclusively for the last 2 years and never had to make a deposit other than to take advantage of the occasional deposit bonus. I withdrew all of my funds at the beginning of June and only yesterday made a deposit to take advantage of the deposit bonus. Maybe I've been living under a rock but I was shocked at the profit they were making off of these transactions. I sent the following letter to Party:

To whom it may concern,

With the exception of the last month I have been a regular player at your site. Today I saw that it was the last day to take advantage of a bonus offer so I decided I would start playing again. I made a deposit of $700 Canadian to your site and after the exchange my account was credited with $643 US. I was surprised by the terrible exchange rate so I went to your Cash Out page to see what my account would be credited if I withdrew my funds immediately. I was shocked to see I would receive only $656 Canadian. That is $46 in fees for a simple deposit. I'm down $46 and I HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED A HAND. I addition to giving yourselves a very profitable exchange rate you have the nerve to charge an additional $2.50 fee on the withdrawal. This is shameful.

In the current climate where it is much more difficult to move money in and out of poker sites you should be making every effort to make this process as easy as possible Unfortunately you have opted to make an obscene profit off of these transactions. My intentions are as follows. I am a member of several poker forums and I plan to be very vocal on this matter. I will also discourage other poker players from playing on your site. I will continue to play until I clear this bonus in order to recoup some of the costs of this deposit however this will be the LAST time I play at your site.

Your profit should come from raking pots, not shamefully stealing money from players on transactions. To charge $46 in fees on a $700 deposit is grotesque and greedy. I would hope that this letter makes it beyond the computer screen of some first level customer support representative and into the hands of someone who has the common sense to effect some change in regards to these practices.

Sincerely,

XXX

I don't expect this letter to make a shred of difference but I was so frustrated that I felt I needed to say something. I also do not believe that it is worth staying at Party because they games are so profitable it outweighs their dickish behaviour. There are plenty of great games on the net. About a billion players are logged on to Stars at any given time and about half of that on FT. It's not like all these players are sharks who are killing the game. Party was my home for several years but there is no way I can stick around with these ludicrous exchange rates. It's a slap in the fact to their players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.terrible and it just keeps getting worse.

England Re: Official Party Regulars Thread [Re: Fight Club]
#12086785 - 09/14/07 11:48 PM Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I missing something here? I'm not cashing out until Party explains this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One way to get around this was to have an E-wallet.I have a click-2-Pay E-Wallet their are others like Netteller.

I just looked into cashouts myself and im pretty disgusted to have learned that Party Poker have now made it so we cant send USD to a GBP E-Wallet account.It will be transfeered by party robbing us of around 2% as the high/low exchange rates site which does this for them

The only way now to get around this i think would be to have 2 diffrent E-Wallets.One set up in USD then the other set up in your home curency(mine GBP).

Then simplally:

Cash out from PP in USD to USD E-Wallet account
Soon as this has cleared Cash out from USD E-wallet account to your home currecny account(mine GBP)

Click-2-Pay use to Central-European-Bank to convert and dont make monies from cash conversions.I have only used these once but i was haoppy with the exchange.

Hope this helps everyone.

If anyone has another idea please PM me or post here

PartyScout

Like you say wires this is pretty bad im currently looking into things to try to get around the ludicrous charges.If anybody has any ideas please post here or PM me

Shizzle12345 09-18-2007 08:57 AM

my moneybookers is in euros and party is now in euro's. So you guys say that if i transfer like 500 euro's from MB to party i get charged a ridiciously high fee? I mean if its USD its basicly free. Can they get away with this?

BigPoppa 09-18-2007 10:39 AM

Shizzle, your Party account is denominated in Euros or you converted some of the money in to Euros?

It's in the conversion of one currency to another that they ream you, not in transferring to an eWallet without conversion.

Kriber13 09-18-2007 10:48 AM

As a swede I just opened up a USD account in my bank and witdraw money via bank wire, normally works great real fast cashouts except for one large withdrawal which security took about a week to approve, but other than that it works great.

No currency conversions.
No fees (aces club and up).
Fast moneys in account within 2-3 business days.

Go ahead and try that optiob if possible.
Good luck!

BigPoppa 09-18-2007 10:53 AM

My MB is in USD, so I use that to shuffle money between sites. When I cash out, I wire from MB to my Euro-denominated bank account and it does the conversion then. So I only have to convert money once (on cashout) and I don't think MB is screwing my on the conversion.

Shizzle12345 09-18-2007 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My MB is in USD, so I use that to shuffle money between sites. When I cash out, I wire from MB to my Euro-denominated bank account and it does the conversion then. So I only have to convert money once (on cashout) and I don't think MB is screwing my on the conversion.

[/ QUOTE ]
my MB is in Euro's and I converted like 500$ to euro's on party, be4 i read about the conversion thing.

sawseech 09-18-2007 11:59 AM

jeah, ur still gna get brutalized on a usd->cad conversion, but it will be less and it will be in line with the market

anyone who allows pp to do the conversion for them is daft

Lessu 09-18-2007 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my moneybookers is in euros and party is now in euro's. So you guys say that if i transfer like 500 euro's from MB to party i get charged a ridiciously high fee? I mean if its USD its basicly free. Can they get away with this?

[/ QUOTE ]

you won't pay conversion fees in this situation because there is no conversion.

BigPoppa 09-18-2007 01:03 PM

I think Shizzle's Party account is in dollars and he's converting to Euros before cashing out; so he is getting th bad conversion rates.

corny 09-18-2007 02:38 PM

You can set your partyaccount to EURO and deposit via an EUROmoneybookers account WITHOUT any fee. Your balance is shown in EURO and every time you buyin @ a table the current exchange rate is used to buyin and buyout. So no charges at all if you do it right.