Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   My etiquette... reasons and apology (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=447416)

BrandiRose 07-10-2007 05:28 AM

My etiquette... reasons and apology

I'd like to apologize for my etiquette today and especially what I said after I busted out. My loss was a combination of bad luck and also not playing my best... given my condition.

I should have kept my own personal dislikes of a person to myself and not given them a bitchy remark when they eliminated me... no matter how I felt, how much they had been annoying me, etc. For that, I was wrong and I feel bad. I have not been a very nice person today or treated everyone as I would have liked to. I have fallen short, and I give my sincerest apologies.

A big part of the reason I am acting so horrible today is because l feel so awful. Right now, I should be in the hospital in intensive care. That is what the doctors have voiced. I have been in the hospital three times this week. I spent all evening there last night and also four hours today. The only reason I am not there right now is because I was hoping to do better in the tournament ( I almost made it through day one... almost) and since I was still playing, I promised I would go back to the hospital for more tests and shots tomorrow. So... come tomorrow that is where I will be.

I'm not sure how to let everyone know the gravity of the situation. Basically, I have an extreme infection of my respitory system. My tonsils and glands in my throat are swollen almost shut, they are covered with sacks of puss, and are bleeding. The blood is going down to my stomach and causing me to vomit. For the past couple days, I have been fed intraveiniously with fluids. And have been given several shots for nausea and vomitting. This is a big reason why I had to leave the tournament today. I was throwing up blood and could not even keep any water down.
As it stands now, I am in a lot of pain. I still cannot swallow food. It's even difficult to talk/drink. (They had given me a steriod shot, which took down some of the swelling... so talking today has been easier, but still painful). I also have a splitting migraine because I'm not getting enough fluids and I'm not eating.
Since the WSOP began, I was not eating very much... but over the past two weeks, I have gone without food for days. With the condition I am in right now, it does not look like it's going to get any better soon. I've already went down 2 dress sizes. I've lost 4 inches off of my waist, and 3 off my hips. I usually weigh around 125, but have lost so much weight so quickly... I am now around 113 pounds.

So... that's the situation. I am very, very ill. I'm not sure when I will be back to health. Sorry for my missteps and ugliness towards people today. Please forgive me for that and take it easy on me. My spirits are down and I may be spending a long time in the hospital until I get better. I could really use some kind words and good friends.

Thanks, B

RikkiDee 07-10-2007 05:29 AM

Re: Hello

why are you the only person who would make this post?

gregorio 07-10-2007 05:30 AM

second.

ne14dirt 07-10-2007 05:30 AM

who cares

mlagoo 07-10-2007 05:31 AM

her life is in your hands dude

PokerPrince 07-10-2007 05:31 AM

* deleted *

ne14dirt 07-10-2007 05:33 AM

Oh yeah, I stubbed my toe and kicked my cat today. I feel bad for the way I’ve acted and my foot really hurts from the stubbing and the kicking. My apologies go out to all those in the forums. Please pity me.

ifoughtpiranhas 07-10-2007 05:35 AM

pay newhizzle back [censored]

1o BoY 07-10-2007 05:35 AM

ifoughtpiranhas 07-10-2007 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to apologize for my etiquette today and especially what I said after I busted out. My loss was a combination of bad luck and also not playing my best... given my condition.

I should have kept my own personal dislikes of a person to myself and not given them a bitchy remark when they eliminated me... no matter how I felt, how much they had been annoying me, etc. For that, I was wrong and I feel bad. I have not been a very nice person today or treated everyone as I would have liked to. I have fallen short, and I give my sincerest apologies.

A big part of the reason I am acting so horrible today is because l feel so awful. Right now, I should be in the hospital in intensive care. That is what the doctors have voiced. I have been in the hospital three times this week. I spent all evening there last night and also four hours today. The only reason I am not there right now is because I was hoping to do better in the tournament ( I almost made it through day one... almost) and since I was still playing, I promised I would go back to the hospital for more tests and shots tomorrow. So... come tomorrow that is where I will be.

I'm not sure how to let everyone know the gravity of the situation. Basically, I have an extreme infection of my respitory system. My tonsils and glands in my throat are swollen almost shut, they are covered with sacks of puss, and are bleeding. The blood is going down to my stomach and causing me to vomit. For the past couple days, I have been fed intraveiniously with fluids. And have been given several shots for nausea and vomitting. This is a big reason why I had to leave the tournament today. I was throwing up blood and could not even keep any water down.
As it stands now, I am in a lot of pain. I still cannot swallow food. It's even difficult to talk/drink. (They had given me a steriod shot, which took down some of the swelling... so talking today has been easier, but still painful). I also have a splitting migraine because I'm not getting enough fluids and I'm not eating.
Since the WSOP began, I was not eating very much... but over the past two weeks, I have gone without food for days. With the condition I am in right now, it does not look like it's going to get any better soon. I've already went down 2 dress sizes. I've lost 4 inches off of my waist, and 3 off my hips. I usually weigh around 125, but have lost so much weight so quickly... I am now around 113 pounds.

So... that's the situation. I am very, very ill. I'm not sure when I will be back to health. Sorry for my missteps and ugliness towards people today. Please forgive me for that and take it easy on me. My spirits are down and I may be spending a long time in the hospital until I get better. I could really use some kind words and good friends .

Thanks, B

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHHAHA
are you [censored] kidding me?

you had more chance of winning the ME in your tonsil/puking condition then getting kind words here, but gl in all your endeavours

Marnixvdb 07-10-2007 05:38 AM

oooh ooh oh if this is contagious...

anyway hope you get better soon Brandi, don't really understand why you played at all if you are in this condition, you shuold get yourself some rest

F0rtysxity 07-10-2007 05:45 AM

Re: My etiquette... reasons and apology

[ QUOTE ]

So... that's the situation. I am very, very ill. I'm not sure when I will be back to health. Sorry for my missteps and ugliness towards people today. Please forgive me for that and take it easy on me. My spirits are down and I may be spending a long time in the hospital until I get better. I could really use some kind words and good friends.

Thanks, B

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but this is not an excuse for getting your money in less than a 75% favorite (if not 95%). no excuses

ama0330 07-10-2007 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

pay newhizzle back [deleted]

[/ QUOTE ]

sdfsdf 07-10-2007 05:50 AM

you've got teh aids

Dave Coulier 07-10-2007 05:51 AM

Am I the only one who was disappointed that she didn't have some life threatening STD after reading this?

[ QUOTE ]
Right now, I should be in the hospital in intensive care.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chaos_ult 07-10-2007 05:53 AM

Talk about reaping what you sow?

whale_hunter 07-10-2007 05:53 AM

I'm all for making fun of people, but you guys are awful. I have never really had any respect for Brandi, but I hope she gets well.

ibluffoldladies 07-10-2007 05:55 AM

Well, I thought it was a nice apology. Hope you feel better.

GiveMYBling 07-10-2007 05:57 AM

Brandi you have no social skilz. Lol why are you wining here on a Internet forum. Thats pathatic.

Girl go to your friends and family ore somthing. Let them take care of you. I hope for you you get well.

Ps. Pay Newhouse his monneyzz back.

Ron Burgundy 07-10-2007 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or she could just cut out the middle man and give it straight to neverwin.

ifoughtpiranhas 07-10-2007 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or she could just cut out the middle man and give it straight to neverwin.

[/ QUOTE ]

first real lol i did in like 2 days

Ron Burgundy 07-10-2007 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm all for making fun of people, but you guys are awful. I have never really had any respect for Brandi, but I hope she gets well.

[/ QUOTE ]

T_Mac 07-10-2007 06:06 AM

Be sure to alert 2+2 before you go to the hospital with every life threatening illness. We need to know these things!

todd1007 07-10-2007 06:06 AM

if your condition is that dire, deciding to play is a very poor decision. how did sklansky ever think she could play effectively in those conditions? and i thought brandi/sklansky was the new dream team of poker....

Trix 07-10-2007 06:07 AM

Hope you get better soon.

Riina 07-10-2007 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I thought it was a nice apology. Hope you feel better.

[/ QUOTE ]

barney gumble 07-10-2007 06:12 AM

brandy, stop smoking so much ganja and [censored] then u'll feel better, im not trying to be mean here....... also from the way u talk it seems like ur a very selfish person

doox 07-10-2007 06:13 AM

I was going to offer vague wishes of wellness until I read this in another thread:

"I played with her after she returned from the hospital, until my untimely demise and first thing she needs to learn is some etiquiute...I raised her blind and she called....I made a continuation bet and she called....I was pretty sure I was getting called down and not sure if I had the best hand and decided to just show the hand down by checking turn and river......she demanded to see my hand after she shows the winning hand and says "I want to see what that guy is betting at me with".....now I could understand this from her months ago, but I would think with all that time her and David had spent together she would know that is not good form.

Then she proceeds to catch AA 4 times in 90 mins and limp in every time and chk call all streets (brilliant) then on one of them the guy betting top pr catches a 5 outer on the river and she calls him an idiot and doesnt shut up about it for an hour....she proceeds to tilt off about 10-15k and then starts talking about how terrible she feels and all this crap (before the hand she was chatty and feeling fine)...just setting up the excuses.

She goes on to win another huge pot when this guy just gives her a ton of chips and all of sudden she feels good again.....

Also. standing right next to the table where most if not all of us could hear her she talks on the cell phone to someone and says my table has no good players on it......

She is a joke and I was ambivalent towards her (except that I like Mark and know how she screwed him over)....now I cant stand her and eagerly await her flameout and excuses...."

You didn't come down with a case of strep throat - you caught a bad case of karma.

SretiCentV 07-10-2007 06:14 AM

Thats ok Brandi we're all human beings and we make mistakes especially if we're not feeling well. I hope you feel better and can get back on the tournament circuit ASAP.

marty_palin 07-10-2007 06:15 AM

go **** yourself

sound familiar?

barney gumble 07-10-2007 06:19 AM

um ok, its like the girl that cried wolf story u just never lern

CardSharpCook 07-10-2007 06:22 AM

gl. play more 30/60 at the bell.

Piemaster 07-10-2007 06:32 AM

Does that mean you played in the WSOP while on steroids? Could this be our first poker drugs scandal?

okterrific 07-10-2007 06:38 AM

Ugh this dummy again?

PokerBob 07-10-2007 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am very, very ill.

[/ QUOTE ]

That has become abundantly clear.

gregorio 07-10-2007 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry but this is not an excuse for getting your money in less than a 75% favorite (if not 95%). no excuses

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure she was less than 75% fav.

As7s vs KcQc
She wins if neither player improves.
She wins if they each make top pair.
She wins if they each make 2 pair.
She loses if they each make bottom pair.

In these cases alone she wins 75% of the time.

Then, in addition to that 75%, if they each make a flush, her A-high flush beats the K-high flush. And A7 makes way more straights (it can make any straight except 2-6) than KQ (which can only make 2 straights, K-high and A-high).

Therefore, she is obv at least a 75-95% fav.

SuperUberBob 07-10-2007 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am very, very ill.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was made abundantly clear months ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

BrandiRose 07-10-2007 06:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was going to offer vague wishes of wellness until I read this in another thread:

"I played with her after she returned from the hospital, until my untimely demise and first thing she needs to learn is some etiquiute...I raised her blind and she called....I made a continuation bet and she called....I was pretty sure I was getting called down and not sure if I had the best hand and decided to just show the hand down by checking turn and river......she demanded to see my hand after she shows the winning hand and says "I want to see what that guy is betting at me with".....now I could understand this from her months ago, but I would think with all that time her and David had spent together she would know that is not good form.

Then she proceeds to catch AA 4 times in 90 mins and limp in every time and chk call all streets (brilliant) then on one of them the guy betting top pr catches a 5 outer on the river and she calls him an idiot and doesnt shut up about it for an hour....she proceeds to tilt off about 10-15k and then starts talking about how terrible she feels and all this crap (before the hand she was chatty and feeling fine)...just setting up the excuses.

She goes on to win another huge pot when this guy just gives her a ton of chips and all of sudden she feels good again.....

Also. standing right next to the table where most if not all of us could hear her she talks on the cell phone to someone and says my table has no good players on it......

She is a joke and I was ambivalent towards her (except that I like Mark and know how she screwed him over)....now I cant stand her and eagerly await her flameout and excuses...."

You didn't come down with a case of strep throat - you caught a bad case of karma.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.... wait a minute here. I really would like to clear this up because the person who wrote this is an [censored] and spun things out of context, and exaggerated them...

I did make a bad call and ask to see someone's cards. I had been in the hospital and gone for several hours. I did not know how anyone played and wanted to know what that person was betting so heavy into me with. I actually kept calling their bets, but on the river... I was told that I had to show my cards first. Which I did not understand. I thought because I was CALLING his bets in all previous rounds, that HE would have to show his cards first. Since that was not the case, and I was still confused... I asked to see the cards.
I got AA a total of 3 times, not four. And it was not within 90 minutes... more like two or three hours. I think I won only one of those times, although it might have been two. But I did not win much with it. When I lost, I lost most of my stack. And I DID NOT call my opponent an idiot. I said that I WAS THE IDIOT!!! I had a feeling I should have put him all in on 4th street but didn't. Instead I let him draw out on me. So I said that I AM AN IDIOT. I AM AN IDIOT.
What else is there to say? I definitely did not call him an idiot.

Also... The person on the phone was David. He asked me who was at my table. I did not say there are awful players. I said UNKNOWN players. The only person I knew was Mimi Tran.

I'm so sick of people taking something I do or say and then twisting it to make me look bad. I've been working very hard to be a positive and good person within this industry... to turn all the negative stuff around... I feel bad when I fall short of being a very good person.

Right now, I'm deathly ill.... I should not have played the tournament, but I had a lot of people counting on me whom I did not want to let down. And inevitably between my busting out and my words/actions during the day.... that exactly what I did.

AMT 07-10-2007 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you've got teh aids

[/ QUOTE ]

ifoughtpiranhas 07-10-2007 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.... wait a minute here. I really would like to clear this up because the person who wrote this is an [censored] and spun things out of context, and exaggerated them...

I did make a bad call and ask to see someone's cards. I had been in the hospital and gone for several hours. I did not know how anyone played and wanted to know what that person was betting so heavy into me with. I actually kept calling their bets, but on the river... I was told that I had to show my cards first. Which I did not understand. I thought because I was CALLING his bets in all previous rounds, that HE would have to show his cards first. Since that was not the case, and I was still confused... I asked to see the cards.
I got AA a total of 3 times, not four. And it was not within 90 minutes... more like two or three hours. I think I won only one of those times, although it might have been two. But I did not win much with it. When I lost, I lost most of my stack. And I DID NOT call my opponent an idiot. I said that I WAS THE IDIOT!!! I had a feeling I should have put him all in on 4th street but didn't. Instead I let him draw out on me. So I said that I AM AN IDIOT. I AM AN IDIOT.
What else is there to say? I definitely did not call him an idiot.

Also... The person on the phone was David. He asked me who was at my table. I did not say there are awful players. I said UNKNOWN players. The only person I knew was Mimi Tran.

I'm so sick of people taking something I do or say and then twisting it to make me look bad. I've been working very hard to be a positive and good person within this industry... to turn all the negative stuff around... I feel bad when I fall short of being a very good person.

Right now, I'm deathly ill .... I should not have played the tournament, but I had a lot of people counting on me whom I did not want to let down. And inevitably between my busting out and my words/actions during the day.... that exactly what I did.

[/ QUOTE ]

ill believe it when i see it