Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Old Mechwarrior fan (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=446243)

iron81 07-08-2007 08:35 PM

Old Mechwarrior fan

I enjoyed the old Mechwarrior series which was a 1st player shooter using robots, but that series was discontinued, so I was hoping I could get a recommendation for something similar. I was looking for a game that: has a multiplayer feature, has a design component for your machine and has a healthy online community. Thanks.

Blarg 07-08-2007 08:48 PM

Re: Old Mechwarrior fan

Good luck. I wouldn't mind seeing Mechwarrior done well again.

2/325Falcon 07-08-2007 09:10 PM

Armored Core?

mlagoo 07-08-2007 09:42 PM

man those mechwarrior games were so awesome

i dont really know how to answer your question, im just chiming in to say i <3 those games

iron81 07-08-2007 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Armored Core?

[/ QUOTE ]
I looked at the wiki page for that, but I don't own any of the consoles its on. I'm hoping for a game available on PC.

Blarg 07-09-2007 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Armored Core?

[/ QUOTE ]
I looked at the wiki page for that, but I don't own any of the consoles its on. I'm hoping for a game available on PC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.

TheSalche 07-09-2007 11:36 PM

lol Transformers the game?

seriously though they haven't made a good mech game for quite some time now, the two on xbox were pretty meh, but entertaining

eurythmech 07-10-2007 12:08 AM

Wow Mechwarrior 2 was awesome!

Freakin 07-10-2007 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

esp. with the sidewinder joystick.

Luckyspikes 07-10-2007 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

esp. with the sidewinder joystick.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

swede123 07-10-2007 10:30 AM

Like everyone else in this thread I also yearn for a new, updated Mechwarrior game. Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries kicks so much ass, especially the arena tournament thing.

No need to get worked up about the watered down, vanilla mech games available for consoles, they pretty much suck ass compared to the old PC varieties.

Another (well done) installment to this series would be right up there on the wish-list along with Diablo 3 and a good X-Com game.

Swede

bigalt 07-11-2007 02:02 PM

hah, i once signed up for a battletech league with a friend, some of the teams we played against were so hard core.

superadvisor 07-11-2007 03:57 PM

I am pretty sure I put more hours in to playing Mechwarrior 2 than all the Mario games put together.

KLJ 07-15-2007 02:41 PM

i remember there was this place where you could go where they would physically put you in this pod with a few joysticks and toggles on each side, and you would battle against a gang of people in pods next to you in real time. [censored] was so fun.

mechwarrior on the PC kicked ass though

Blarg 07-15-2007 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i remember there was this place where you could go where they would physically put you in this pod with a few joysticks and toggles on each side, and you would battle against a gang of people in pods next to you in real time. [censored] was so fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember reading about those places back in the day. That sounds like an absolute blast.

TimTimSalabim 07-15-2007 11:10 PM

The places were called Virtual World.

This should bring back memories.

swede123 07-16-2007 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember reading about those places back in the day. That sounds like an absolute blast.

[/ QUOTE ]

They actually have one of those at the Dave & Busters restaurant/arcade thing in Denver. I haven't played it as it seemed ridiculously overpriced but basically a dozen or so big sit-down arcade machines all networked together, and you get to pick your mechs and such. If I had been there with some video game friends I might have tried it, but with non-gamer friends there it didn't seem like a great way to spend ten bucks.

Swede

GetThere1Time 07-16-2007 10:44 AM

Ah man, good memories. I remember playing MPBT on AOL's crap game service for a long time and then moving to MPlayer Mech 2. You had to "lag shoot" by leading the guy a bunch to compensate for crawling modems.