Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Hellgate: London - Calling Diablo Fans (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=444917)

BillNye 07-06-2007 11:51 PM

Hellgate: London - Calling Diablo Fans

This Action RPG / MMORPG / FPS is gonna be sick. Its made by Bill Roper's crew "Flaghsip Studios" which is mostly run by alot of the big names from the Diablo series. (might not be the first time you heard that guys from Diablo are making a game, but this game looks sick).

1) You can pay $10 a month for things such as: More Character slots, "shinier items" (not godlike / better, just look cooler), HARDCORE MODE OPTION [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
2) It will have PvP
3) 6 classes, 2 of which play simular to an FPS game. Good aim is not really needed tho. 2 are melee, and 2 are magic + guns.
4) Its coming out in a couple of months (Octoberish).
5) It has sweet graphics
6) God, just do research, its gonna be sick.
7) 1st person or 3rd person play btw

Alot of your questions can be answered here

A good forum, has lots of answers

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images...7_embed006.jpg
http://http://image.com.com/gamespot...4_embed002.jpg

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resou...4_1024x768.jpg

More Screenshots

Dire 07-07-2007 12:03 AM

Re: Hellgate: London - Calling Diablo Fans

Looks fun! So many great games coming out in September/October.

Needle77 07-07-2007 12:18 AM

This game looks like it may cause me to fail out of college if it releases in October. Sounds very much Diablo 3-ish, you know, outside of it being held in London and in the year 2038 and all the advanced stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

w_alloy 07-07-2007 05:05 PM

This game looks cool, but judging from the FAQ you linked, PvP is just an afterthought. This is a pretty huge sticking point for me, so I will re-evaluate when it is released but probably pass.

It's a shame too, cause this looks pretty cool.

Blarg 07-07-2007 06:03 PM

If you have to pay $10/month, then this is very far from a Diablo 3.

Wallpaper art is pretty meaningless as to how good a game is going to be.

However, Bill Roper is pretty damn godlike.

XxGodJrxX 07-07-2007 10:11 PM

You don't HAVE to pay $10 a month to play. You have to pay the $10 a month if you want the content that comes out after the release. It looks like it plays more like Diablo 2 or Guild Wars than a real MMO.

BillNye 07-08-2007 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't HAVE to pay $10 a month to play. You have to pay the $10 a month if you want the content that comes out after the release.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure thats wrong, people who dont pay will still get some content, (patches, updates) etc. They dont get extra character spaces, extra bank space, hardcore mode option, etc.

Also: on the PvP thing althought they make it sound like it is an afterthought I think thats just because they are trying to get it released early. There will be PvP at release but im guessing much like WoW it wont have a whole lot to it. Im sure they will start to focus on it after release.

ImsaKidd 07-08-2007 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't HAVE to pay $10 a month to play. You have to pay the $10 a month if you want the content that comes out after the release. It looks like it plays more like Diablo 2 or Guild Wars than a real MMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

$10/month is like deluxe mode.

This game looks sickkkkk

g-bebe 07-08-2007 08:51 PM

Does look pretty savage. It will definetly be the game I consider buying and getting into from the start. And I'd most likely shell the $10/mnth too.

testaaja 07-09-2007 03:01 AM

This game looks awesome, although I dislike the option of some [censored] guns.

Blarg 07-09-2007 02:12 PM

Storage space is usually a huge issue in games like these. I bet if you don't spend the $10 a month for it, you'll have a very substantially more cumbersome, less enjoyable gaming experience.

Since I'd rather play it like a Diablo 3 than an MMORPG, it looks way less interesting to me than it does to you guys.

ImsaKidd 07-09-2007 05:15 PM

So is it a persitent multiplayer world, or do players still make games like in D2?

Artsemis 07-10-2007 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So is it a persitent multiplayer world, or do players still make games like in D2?

[/ QUOTE ]

Persistent but with a limited number in each area before a new "instance" is created. X parallel areas, each with a max of Y players.

ImsaKidd 07-10-2007 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Persistent but with a limited number in each area before a new "instance" is created. X parallel areas, each with a max of Y players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, theres a max of like 40 people per town instance, right? I read that parties will always be in the same instance or whatever.

Its like WOW, except all the diferent realms are interconnected.

Belok 07-10-2007 03:08 PM

Not to be a downer or anything...
It looks like a great game...
But if you notice, in the screenshots, aside from the one in the OP, they dont include the AI...like at all (i havent looked at every pic, but I havent seen any AI at all yet)

As a kid I hopefully awaited the release of quite a few games, and one of the major clues that the game is close to release is a standard AI that you should be able to see in all of their screen shots.

Currently it all looks like pre-rendered battle scenes that they thought would make a cool pic.

I would bet money that their release date will be pushed back many times. I will probably give it a shot, but my advice is not to get into any game that is in development state unless you're a beta tester.

To be fair, I was one of the kids who was eagerly waiting Shadowbane's release...and they pushed back their original release date about 2 years before they made their ([censored]) game public...so I'm automatically skeptical.

ImsaKidd 07-10-2007 03:23 PM

AI = Artificial Intelligence = behavior of monsters?

I thought I read that it would vary, like zombies are brainless, and other monsters think and attack strategically.

Blarg 07-10-2007 04:56 PM

Maybe he means UI, as in User Interface?

ImsaKidd 07-10-2007 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They showed it in a few screens IIRC.

Belok 07-11-2007 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah thats what I meant

I'm an idiot btw [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Belok 07-11-2007 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They showed it in a few screens IIRC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, thats what I meant. They do show it in a -few- screens, but they obviously dont have an interface that they're happy with and sticking with.

Not that the game will be bad.

But i doubt it will be out for at least 6mo

LeapFrog 07-22-2007 04:35 PM

Ug, I wish you hadn't posted this. I was kinda a D2 fan, but not into it too much. For whatever reason I am seriously jonzing for HGL.

Ever since this post I have been following the news on it. Looks like they are beta testing in Korea, but Alpha invites for the rest of the world were being sent out last week. I have been reduced to begging on various fan forums for an invite, but somehow I don't think the guy who registered last week is going to have much of a shot.

Don't think I can make it a few months. sigh

Dire 07-29-2007 05:59 AM

New, very sweet, trailer. Guess I might finally have to update my PC. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

LeapFrog 07-29-2007 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
New, very sweet, trailer. Guess I might finally have to update my PC. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the more I see the more I want. BTW, I think the confusion over Korea beta/US alpha boils down to naming conventions -- supposedly the Korean beta 'winners' that were announced are playing the alpha.

For the love of god, start the beta though alpha invites are like a trickle.

Blarg 08-06-2007 03:42 PM

Very nice hands-on preview at:

Gamespy write-up

Vlorg 08-06-2007 04:43 PM

I have an extra Mythos Beta invite to hand-out. First person who has already posted in this thread that responds can have it. It's a decent way to pass the time until HG:L and they will be porting over Mythos testers to HG:L eventually.

Wiki quote : "Mythos is a computer game under development by Flagship Studios. The game is being created by the recently formed Flagship Seattle. The game is an online RPG that will be used to test the networking technology behind the multiplayer component of Flagship Studios' Hellgate: London. The game will not be sold in the shops but digitally distributed by Flagship Studios subsidiary Ping0 in North America and Europe some time in 2007. The game will be free to play and download but it is expected Flagship will work to receive some revenue from the product although how this will happen has not been announced.

The game is very similar in style to the Diablo series utilising the same perspective and many of the interface characteristics of the original game."

Edited to add: Even though this is still closed Beta (100-200 people online at any given time, about double what it was a few days ago) the NDA has been lifted.

Vlorg

2218 08-06-2007 07:25 PM

Oh man I'd so [censored] that girl in the armour. I don't even care what she looks like under the helm. Could be like Baraka and I'd still bend her over.

Vlorg 08-06-2007 07:50 PM

Female Templar

Enjoy.. NSFW

Abones 08-06-2007 09:57 PM

I'll give it a shot

LeapFrog 08-06-2007 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have an extra Mythos Beta invite to hand-out. First person who has already posted in this thread that responds can have it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where were you a week ago [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I managed to get a Mythos invite on Sat -- its no Hellgate but is somewhat fun. More importantly, according to legend, HGL alpha invites have gone to users that were only signed up for Mythos testing -- please lord one time...

Didn't see it mentioned, but the release is set for Oct 31.

ImsaKidd 08-07-2007 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have an extra Mythos Beta invite to hand-out. First person who has already posted in this thread that responds can have it. It's a decent way to pass the time until HG:L and they will be porting over Mythos testers to HG:L eventually.

Wiki quote : "Mythos is a computer game under development by Flagship Studios. The game is being created by the recently formed Flagship Seattle. The game is an online RPG that will be used to test the networking technology behind the multiplayer component of Flagship Studios' Hellgate: London. The game will not be sold in the shops but digitally distributed by Flagship Studios subsidiary Ping0 in North America and Europe some time in 2007. The game will be free to play and download but it is expected Flagship will work to receive some revenue from the product although how this will happen has not been announced.

The game is very similar in style to the Diablo series utilising the same perspective and many of the interface characteristics of the original game."

Edited to add: Even though this is still closed Beta (100-200 people online at any given time, about double what it was a few days ago) the NDA has been lifted.

Vlorg

[/ QUOTE ]

Ill pay $$ on pokerstars for it.

kutuz_off 08-07-2007 05:06 PM

Wow...I'm excited about this. I only worry that my computer won't be able to handle it. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BillNye 08-08-2007 05:01 PM

I have seen screens of UI, just search for them.

g-bebe 08-27-2007 09:29 PM

OMFG GIB ME THIS GAME NOOOOWWW

does anyone know/have a link to the requirements to run it? i know it's going to be a 3D game but i hope the requirements aren't through the roof.

Blarg 08-27-2007 10:19 PM

The requirements part scares me. That and the storage space. Games where you can collect lots of items are really rough with no storage space, and they're pitching increased storage space as a selling point for the "Elite" pay per month option. So they have an incentive to keep it pretty small. Diablo II's space was small too, until the expansion.

Right now I just started over and am a level 6 in D2, and even with the expanded stash, I'm full of items I can't identify, but don't want to sell in case they might be good stuff.

g-bebe 08-27-2007 11:20 PM

I was searching through results on a googlesearch and supposedly at one point, HG:L system requirements got nabbed and leaked, but were very quickly covered up. From what I read, though, it seemed like the initial estimates were pretty low, i.e. 1.4ghz processor, a geforce 5000 series vid card, with the only kicker that it would take up about 6 GB of space. Don't quote me on that. I also read a lot about them (the programmers) trying to make the game as accessible as possible to weaker computers, so as to promote it to all levels of gamers.

Blarg 08-28-2007 02:58 PM

Yeah but you know how games are made these days. They're fine in single player, but then in multi-player, they're slow as heck. Or they're fine when you're hitting someone with a sword, but let loose a chain lightning or meteor shower or something like that, with lots of effects and/or hitting multiple targets, and things slow to a crawl or people even get dropped. What a game "needs" to play is sometimes something that will literally give it a frame rate of only a few frames per second.

g-bebe 08-28-2007 03:08 PM

Maybe. I just get the feeling they're trying to make the game like WoW in this aspect -- I've seen some pretty weak rigs run WoW and not have any problems. If it's the case for Hellgate, I think it'll be a very good thing.

Blarg 08-28-2007 03:24 PM

If they can get it to scale, it will be great, because it's the fanbase that usually makes a game. It doesn't matter how good a game is if nobody else is there to play it with.

AntonHeat 08-28-2007 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If they can get it to scale, it will be great, because it's the fanbase that usually makes a game. It doesn't matter how good a game is if nobody else is there to play it with.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so true B, also this game looks sick thanks OP

LeapFrog 09-11-2007 03:26 PM

The beta begins in 6 days, preorders at EB, Gogamer (others I think as well) include a beta key. Poker income will soon approach zero, sparta