Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Cake Poker Slanders Me, Threatens Me, and Takes Initial Deposit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=443812)

Reef 07-05-2007 05:29 PM

Cake Poker Slanders Me, Threatens Me, and Takes Initial Deposit

- I try to deposit multiple times with debit card to play their weekly MTT
- I email cake poker 2x , they say there is nothing that can be done
- days later I see bank acct was charged $54
- Cake poker acct is at $0
- I tell cake poker I am going to do a chargeback , but take no action
- Only after I threaten chargeback does the money in my cake account somehow appear

I send this email:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...sfdasfdasf.jpg

-They close my account, take $54

[ QUOTE ]
you should also add that your account was closed because you threatened to charge back a legitimate purchase when Cake Poker handled the situation in a swift and amicable way. The only person that is at fault in this whole situation is you

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont appreciate having account closed on fraudulent reason.
----
Maybe not the most professional way to put the above sentence, but I say "now I can add, "Cake Poker locked my account after I disagreed with how they handled the situation" ... error 212 my @##" (error 212 being what I got when I tried to log in)

Cake replies:

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it’s time that you grew up and stopped acting like a spoiled child.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn’t require childish foot stomping and threats of charge backs

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
adding your details to the negative data base but also to the black list gazettes and forwarding your entire correspondence to your bank to let them view how you handled this matter like a cranky teenager.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cake poker proceeds:
Blame customer for their error
Dont credit purchases until called out on it
Slander customer
Close account based on Fraudulent reasoning

PrimogenitoX 07-05-2007 05:32 PM

Re: Cake Poker Slanders Me, Threatens Me, and Takes Initial Deposit

So you are going to do the chargeback now?

Scary_Tiger 07-05-2007 05:32 PM

Wow, that ends any chance I'll ever deposit there.

Reef 07-05-2007 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you are going to do the chargeback now?

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: CS has decided to refund my purchase

dibbs 07-05-2007 05:35 PM

Woooow that is unprofessional CS.

MiltonFriedman 07-05-2007 05:35 PM

Player threatens credit card fraud, surprised site account is closed

Your post is way too fragmented to be coherent, but

The Apparent Bottom line: You threatened a chargeback on a whopping $54 in deposits, so they close your account to cut their potential losses in dealing with you.

WHAT is the big complaint or surprise ? They do not want your business, so what ?

DMoogle 07-05-2007 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Reef 07-05-2007 05:39 PM

I've played online poker for a long time and on just about every single site. I've never encountered something like this before.

The amount of the deposit shouldn't matter

MiltonFriedman 07-05-2007 05:39 PM

"I may be forced to .... "

Oh, the horror!

Reef 07-05-2007 05:40 PM

I guess they saw this post. Just got this:

[ QUOTE ]
You purchase has been refunded and your CakePoker account closed

[/ QUOTE ]

Al_Money 07-05-2007 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MiltonFriedman 07-05-2007 05:41 PM

It would matter as a proxy, if your potential revenue value is far less than your "transaction costs". In other words, the marginal cost of doing business with YOU is likely in excess of the marginal revenue value, in their calculation.

Do you threaten just about every site with chargebacks ?

Without seeing what emails from you prompted his/her responses, I still happen to agree with the point that their CS person was unprofessional and should be fired, but the account closing was not out of line.

danzasmack 07-05-2007 05:43 PM

pretty sick considering

pokerstars - probably gets around 500 "are you rigged?" emails a day, i have flirted very awkwardly with their staff

party (back when it was there) - same thing with the rigged emails. Krantz and i have called them telling them that we pushed a button that said "black - jack?" and all of our money was gone. I told them my old account was unlucky and they gave me a new (along with 2 or 3 other absurd excuses).

Fulltilt - ftpdoug or sean, one of them is my boy. holla.

wtf is with the cake anyway.

Just to clarify that this isn't a scam reef - DID you stomp your feet? Be honest before CakePokerJerry posts in here with the youtube clip (obv rickroll)

Reef 07-05-2007 05:43 PM

Milton,

-I've played for years on many sites and have never had this problem.
-I am a high volume reputable player.

Please stop trolling my threads.

MiltonFriedman 07-05-2007 05:45 PM

Reef,

I understand that you may be a high volume reputable player. However, if you threaten a chargeback, why are you surprised they closed your account.

(This is hardly trolling, it is directly responsive to your posted complaint.)

Reef 07-05-2007 05:48 PM

I threatened a chargeback on legitimate grounds >> bank acct charged , but cakepoker account at $0

My account was closed on less than legitimate grounds >> for simply threatening a chargeback when it was clear I was not going to do a chargeback. (see the image of the email I sent them saying I will not do a chargeback)

Svarog 07-05-2007 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

KSOT 07-05-2007 05:55 PM

Couple of questions.

What was the error code about? What were they saying was the problem? I also had a block put on my CC with a different error code because they claimed I was logging in from out of the country (which is absolutely not true). They're really stubborn about lifting the blocks for some reason, it's annoying as hell.

Did you at least send them a calm and rational email about the error they made that caused your credit card to be charged? Or did you immediately resort to chargeback threats in the first email you sent letting them know about it?

Reef 07-05-2007 06:07 PM

1st email to cakepoker:
WHY DOES MY CAKE ACCOUNT NOT HAVE MONEY BUT MY BANK ACCOUNT WAS CHARGED? AS OF NOW THIS IS A FRAUDULENT CHARGE AND I WILL DISPUTE IT.

-----

* $ gets put into account after I called them out on it *

-----

2nd email to cakepoker:
ok, I will not reverse the charge, but I will advertise to everyone on the internet forums about the situation.

=================================================

The error code was basically a "your account is closed" code.

Annorax 07-05-2007 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The error code was basically a "GTFO moran" code.

[/ QUOTE ]

MiltonFriedman 07-05-2007 06:52 PM

That was your opening email ? ... All caps was a nice touch.

"1st email to cakepoker:
WHY DOES MY CAKE ACCOUNT NOT HAVE MONEY BUT MY BANK ACCOUNT WAS CHARGED? AS OF NOW THIS IS A FRAUDULENT CHARGE AND I WILL DISPUTE IT."

I can see why they cherish your business.

MiltonFriedman 07-05-2007 06:57 PM

"it was clear I was not going to do a chargeback."

Are you kidding ? Your ranting opening email had "irrational" all over it in capital letters. How was it clear that you were not going to "do a chargeback" when you were threatening that vbery course of conduct ?

Why shouldn't they close your account ?

You hardly seem like a good value customer in their eyes; how long after the charge posted at your bank did you write your 1st ALL CAPS email, threatening a chargeback ? 10 minutes, 20 minutes ?

KurtSF 07-05-2007 06:59 PM

Since you posted I feel compelled to comment. My $0.02:

(1) As your card was charged and CakePoker didn't live up to their end of the bargain (credit your account) and didn't respond to inquires about such, it was a fraudulent charge on the part of CakePoker. You were entirely in the right to threaten chargeback at this point.

(2) Once cake poker made this right by crediting your account, and there's nothing more they can possibly do for you, you still threaten them about making a public stink over this. D-bag move.

(3) After that Cake decided they don't want your custom. They refunded your money and closed your account, which they are entirely within their rights to do.

So unless this gets reported to some central list or other sites or something which gets you blackballed (d-bag move on Cake Poker's part if they follow through on THAT threat), then I think everything came out OK in the wash here. You got all your money back and Cake doesn't want your business.

While I don't think you have a beef here, it does seem they acted in an unprofessional tone and manner and I'm sorry it went down like this.

1p0kerboy 07-05-2007 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

augie_ 07-05-2007 07:05 PM

Reef,

This is what happens when you mess with a company run by real people. Messing with Stars or Party is easy because they are just a big, ugly corporate machine. No feelings. Messing with Cake is like messing with the owner of your local bodega.

Reef 07-05-2007 07:10 PM

Milton, I was very professional in my first email and the fact that it was all in caps has nothing to do with anything. Content is what matters , Not font / size / caps.

(are you a shill for cake? what is your connection to cake poker? or are you just a troll?)

Reef 07-05-2007 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

(2) Once cake poker made this right by crediting your account, and there's nothing more they can possibly do for you, you still threaten them about making a public stink over this. D-bag move.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think people deserve to know whenever any kind of cashier issue occurs from an online site, however trivial it may be.

KSOT 07-05-2007 07:16 PM

I think the screaming email was a bit overboard. You should have known they didn't intentionally try to rob you of $54 and approached the situation more calmly.

That said, Cake Poker has no business responding in such a snide tone and returning threats to you. That is the way rude customers behave, not respectable businesses. They are out of line here.

DMoogle 07-05-2007 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Milton, I was very professional in my first email and the fact that it was all in caps has nothing to do with anything. Content is what matters , Not font / size / caps.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are very, very, very wrong. Typing in all caps is extremely unprofessional and incredibly annoying. If you were calling a business and the person who answered the phone yelled "XYZ COMPANY WHAT CAN I HELP YOU WITH?!?!?!", then you'd probably just hang up, wouldn't you? Even if the person answers all your questions, the fact that he yelled makes you... not really want to deal with them.

Typing in all caps is the same thing as yelling online.

luckyjimm 07-05-2007 07:27 PM

I AM SO OUTRAGED BY THIS I AM NEVER EATING ANY CAKE AGAIN

I'M GONNA MISS YOU , CHOCOLATE GATEAU

Reef 07-05-2007 07:27 PM

OK I GUESS I WAS RUDE (WITH NO INTENTION TO OFFEND), BUT NOTHING DESERVING OF HOW I WAS TREATED

-zero- 07-05-2007 07:28 PM

Reef, I was on your side until I read your first email. If you weren't an [censored] to begin this wouldn't have happened. That being said, you are still the customer and that CS person was way out of line.

Reef 07-05-2007 07:29 PM

I guess part of the problem was I just didn't see all-caps as being rude in the first place. Content was professional IMO.

BradleyT 07-05-2007 07:32 PM

Those customer service e-mail replies are pretty ridiculous. With deposits and withdrawals being as hard as they are now for U.S. players I sure as hell don't want any of my money on that site.

augie_ 07-05-2007 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess part of the problem was I just didn't see all-caps as being rude in the first place. Content was professional IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

there is no doubt that typing in all caps is rude. the internet is serious business.

2461Badugi 07-05-2007 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"I will inform you of a problem and threaten you" is hardly professional conduct, regardless of how it's typed. You didn't even give them a chance to find out what had gone wrong and fix it.

augie_ 07-05-2007 07:37 PM

i sort of want to elaborate. some people even think that your etiquette online is more important than IRL. Simply because, when you send an e-mail, it exists forever and never goes away. And if someone reads it in 6 months, they are not going to know the person behind the email, they will just have the email. are you a college kid like me? sometimes people like us don't realize that the internet is actually the real world.

WhatDoesCallMean 07-05-2007 07:41 PM

fwiw, im thinking u were completely within ur rights to threaten / actually carry out a chargeback and also a good idea to let the world know about cashier issues. just because it was only ~$50 doesnt matter.

for the pure entertainment value of it all, do u have a full copy of the emails that got the spoiled child, childish foot stomping and cranky teenager replies? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

dumb ox 07-05-2007 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those customer service e-mail replies are pretty ridiculous. With deposits and withdrawals being as hard as they are now for U.S. players I sure as hell don't want any of my money on that site.

[/ QUOTE ]

kyleb 07-05-2007 08:14 PM

reef,

you acted pretty poorly. you are obviously lying to yourself and us if you think all caps is professional.

that being said, the support responses are also ridiculous. people who think cake was justified in stealing the money are making terrible logical arguments; just because reef is a jerk and was wrong doesn't mean cake's response was any good.