Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Separate Fantasy Sports Forum?? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=433492)

MEbenhoe 06-22-2007 03:30 PM

Separate Fantasy Sports Forum??

There is currently a discussion in the mod forum about the idea of separating fantasy sports posts into their own separate forum. I'm of the opinion that this could work, but I don't want to see it unless the majority of sports forum posters want to see it happen as this forum is the one that would be most directly affected by this split.

Since a normal poll could easily be swayed by shady methods we are going to have this vote out in the open. So you must actually post your vote in this thread. To keep it to sports forum regulars, the requirements to vote are that you must have registered before 5/1/07, have at least 100 total posts and have made at least 5 posts in the sports forum in the past month, before the time that this thread started (just to prevent people from making 5 crappy posts in a row just so they can vote).

Please post your vote in bold so that I know it is your actual vote

This poll is going to be the deciding factor in whether or not this forum is created, so its up to you guys. The "poll" will remain open until 4 ET on Sunday.

slothinator 06-22-2007 03:34 PM

Re: Separate Fantasy Sports Forum??

I VOTE FOR YES FOR FANTASY SPORTS FORUM.

CharlieDontSurf 06-22-2007 03:37 PM

I vote Yes

Clarkmeister 06-22-2007 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is currently a discussion in the mod forum about the idea of separating fantasy sports posts into their own separate forum

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Who are these bored people?

THis forum is far from taxed due to traffic and has effectively dealt with fantasy sports during its entire existance. All this would do is continue to cause people to visit yet another silly subforum and cause further dilution.

I vote retarded.

valenzuela 06-22-2007 03:38 PM

I VOTE YES

MEbenhoe 06-22-2007 03:39 PM

please vote in bold [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Huskiez 06-22-2007 03:39 PM

I vote Yes.

TheRover 06-22-2007 03:39 PM

No.

It isn't like this forum is overrun with it.

Clarkmeister 06-22-2007 03:40 PM

Having a separate New York Yankees forum is about as valid.

CharlieDontSurf 06-22-2007 03:40 PM

Edit I vote Yes as long as it is directly underneath the Sports Events Forum on the bookmark menu in the left column

Needle77 06-22-2007 03:40 PM

No

Edit: The reason I'm voting no is that on the front page there is only 2 threads about fantasy sports. During the football season there is usually only one thread per week. I dont't see there being enough traffic for it. Unless there are people here that are nervous about making new threads about fantasy stuff.

MyTurn2Raise 06-22-2007 03:45 PM

I vote NO

SossMan 06-22-2007 03:47 PM

I'm on my phone so can't do bold, but my vote is yes.

Once football season starts there will be a million random posts that will clutter this forum.
Hell I would volunteer to mod it if that helped.

Sossman

Clarkmeister 06-22-2007 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Once football season starts there will be a million random posts that will clutter this forum.

Sossman

[/ QUOTE ]

Have any of you people ever even been around when the NFL was going on? Or are you just guessing.

There has never been a problem with fantasy football. There are usually two big preseason threads (rate my team and rate these players) and a weekly waiver/trade discussion thread. That's about it. There's more clutter on this forum due to Steve Nash than there is from Fantasy Fooball.

CharlieDontSurf 06-22-2007 03:52 PM

yah ive been around and that is somewhat true..but there wasnt 8 million american idol gambling threads but i still like the setup better with ENT Betting having its own forum.

Kneel B4 Zod 06-22-2007 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No

Edit: The reason I'm voting no is that on the front page there is only 2 threads about fantasy sports. During the football season there is usually only one thread per week. I dont't see there being enough traffic for it. Unless there are people here that are nervous about making new threads about fantasy stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

see above. out of the 20 threads on my front page, there are 2 fantasy ones. 3 if you count this thread.

besides, there are only a handful of posters who keep the baseball thread alive. 4 or 5 who ask questions and 2 or 3 who answer them. this doesn't need another forum.

otoh, that is a bit artificial, b/c people have been encouraged to put all talk into those threads.

on the other other hand, things might be better with talk concentrated in specific threads.

bowens 06-22-2007 04:12 PM

I think I qualify to vote. I vote No

B00T 06-22-2007 04:12 PM

No, wait 6 months there will be a reason to have one [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

mason55 06-22-2007 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have any of you people ever even been around when the NFL was going on? Or are you just guessing.

There has never been a problem with fantasy football. There are usually two big preseason threads (rate my team and rate these players) and a weekly waiver/trade discussion thread. That's about it. There's more clutter on this forum due to Steve Nash than there is from Fantasy Fooball.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't do fantasy sports but I know that the number of threads is artificially restricted, so this doesn't seem like a good argument.

Think back to the reason we needed the single thread for fantasy then think about whether a new forum would be a good idea.

Maybe the fantasy guys don't care, I don't know, but it seems like they should chime in whether they'd like to have their own forum.

Triumph36 06-22-2007 04:25 PM

Vote No

No reason for it, that forum would become cluttered fairly quickly too, and probably not get many responses either. I like fantasy football and used this board to my advantage during the season, but I don't get the sense there are a lot of people who want to give advice on fantasy football moves either. whatever.

Gregatron 06-22-2007 04:26 PM

i read more than anything here, and I don't take part in fantasy sports, but I have to say they don't bother me. The fantasy sports threads are clearly marked as such, so I don't bother. It's simple. (Though if you remember when I was a mod, I generally argued in favor of not splitting up forums, so maybe this is just a philosophical view.)

EDIT: No.

SuperUberBob 06-22-2007 04:27 PM

no

Dudd 06-22-2007 04:31 PM

NO

No need for it, the one thread a week rule is fine. I cam't imagine anyone would find a forum filled with two hundred new posts a week, all of them consisting of a poll to pick between 5 rbs/wrs/whatever, to be very compelling.

Sluss 06-22-2007 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sossman

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Clark sums up my thoughts better than me.

I vote no

Sluss 06-22-2007 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't do fantasy sports but I know that the number of threads is artificially restricted, so this doesn't seem like a good argument.

Think back to the reason we needed the single thread for fantasy then think about whether a new forum would be a good idea.

Maybe the fantasy guys don't care, I don't know, but it seems like they should chime in whether they'd like to have their own forum.

[/ QUOTE ]Most of the reason for the artificial consolidation was that it was easier to read all of the questions in one thread instead of clicking on a dozen threads, which is what you would have in a fantasy forum.

Kneel B4 Zod 06-22-2007 04:44 PM

as others have said, I think the problem is that the fantasy forum will be cluttered with a whole bunch of threads with no or few responses.

as the same time, I'm all for more fantasy talk/threads.

PokerFink 06-22-2007 04:58 PM

NO

No need for it.

Quadstriker 06-22-2007 04:59 PM

I would say no

Clarkmeister 06-22-2007 05:06 PM

It's already in existence!

Assani Fisher 06-22-2007 05:32 PM

NO

Hoya 06-22-2007 05:37 PM

NO

This forum doesn't have all that much traffic - why split it? Do we really need a forum with 500 "who do I start" threads that have 1-2 responses each? A few running fantasy threads here is fine.

nolanfan34 06-22-2007 05:43 PM

Not reading the thread. I vote NO.

I don't see the need for an additional forum. I think everything is fine the way it is in this part of the forum.

The problem is, there's too much of a gray line to begin with. Most threads delve into the fantasy side of things at some point. Do they get moved to a different forum at that point?

Keep it as it is.

Dids 06-22-2007 05:59 PM

No

NT! 06-22-2007 05:59 PM

yes

i think the main reason this is a good idea is because sports forum regulars aren't crazy about starting up new threads for every noobish fantasy sports Q, and people stop reading or responding to the super-long threads after a while.

jesusarenque 06-22-2007 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I VOTE YES

[/ QUOTE ]

Burdzthewurd 06-22-2007 06:09 PM

I vote yes

If there's a seperate forum, I'd feel there would be better feedback and advice than a huge cluttered 500-post thread where people are pushing and shoving to get their own questions answered.

CharlieDontSurf 06-22-2007 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yes

i think the main reason this is a good idea is because sports forum regulars aren't crazy about starting up new threads for every noobish fantasy sports Q, and people stop reading or responding to the super-long threads after a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed

mbillie1 06-22-2007 06:29 PM

I vote NO

... there are plenty of fantasy sports forums out there, people post in sporting events about fantasy because the people in here are very knowledgeable. If they don't want to read it they can obviously not respond / request the threads locked, etc. but generally this forum is not overrun with fantasy questions.

HOWEVER if they end up making a new fantasy sports forum I'd volunteer to mod it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

SL__72 06-22-2007 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NO

No need for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if this isn't the right place I don't see why they can't just be directed to sports betting.

TheRover 06-22-2007 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NO

No need for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And if this isn't the right place I don't see why they can't just be directed to sports betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO