Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   ballin' ass bluff raise vs. Jfish (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=433041)

mike0292 06-22-2007 12:37 AM

ballin\' ass bluff raise vs. Jfish

curious what y'all think of this. From what in understand Jfish was owning FTP 3/6 and 5/10 a few months back and took a break and started playing again recently. He's running 19/16 and I'm sure hes got some moxie. I'm running around 24/19 ish I've 3 bet him a couple times he folded he hasn't 3 bet me I dont think.

Aggrofish is in the BB, likes to call then fire when shown weakness. Flop I like a check because jfish could c/c this flop with some PPs and fish will call with a lot so i figure I'd take a free turn. Jfish fires turn, I figured he is probably just stealing after everyone checked and I could take pot on river if he checked plus fish might overcall and I could get some $$$. Now Jfish fires riv again and he should probably do this with everything because my hand looks like jack [censored] right now unless I peeled turn with gutshot and hit the straight. I doubt he would check an A on the flop with fish in the pot so he probably doesnt have much unless he hit QQ/JJ so I raize.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $3/$6 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $579.10
BB: $844.85
UTG: $861.15
MP: $600.00
CO: $631.45
Hero (BTN): $0.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $21.00</font>, Hero calls $21.00, 3 folds, BB calls $15.00

Flop: ($66) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($66) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $49.00</font>, Hero calls $49.00, BB folds

River: ($164) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $121.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $365.00</font>

BalugaWhale 06-22-2007 01:20 AM

Re: ballin\' ass bluff raise vs. Jfish

haaaate ittt

king_of_drafts 06-22-2007 01:22 AM

blegh jfish might fold AT I guess

PokerFink 06-22-2007 01:23 AM

I don't like it at all. What are you trying to represent?

ArturiusX 06-22-2007 01:31 AM

Well, you'd play a q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] the same way.

Fishstick 06-22-2007 01:38 AM

na i dont like it at all. Utg here he has aq, aj and ak here alot. aa, qq and jj, 88 is also a big part of his range. He might even look u up light with a kk or kq here. im not sure what u can represent here on the river after u check flop and flat call turn.

raze 06-22-2007 01:47 AM

I don't really like the PF call, especially with two behind and a $0.00 stack.

He can't give you JJ or QQ because of your pre-flop call. I doubt he's going to put you on KT with your PF call and turn call.

Eagles 06-22-2007 01:48 AM

The only reason this can ever be good(and I'm stretching here) is if there's so much meta stuff that jfish would be like wellllll he knows his hand looks like a bluff so he would never bluff so HES TRAPPPPPING MEEEEEE.

ArturiusX 06-22-2007 02:41 AM

Also, this is a pretty easy turn fold for me.

PrimogenitoX 06-22-2007 02:43 AM

No wonder poker is so easy.

lapoker17 06-22-2007 02:50 AM

jesus christ this is atrocious.

TxRedMan 06-22-2007 03:07 AM

preflop sucks.

river is awful.

Get_better_Baris 06-22-2007 03:16 AM

hes reppin 910 yo.
as played i dont really like either.
just betting the flop would cost u alot less

wdead 06-22-2007 04:32 AM

results?

Triumph36 06-22-2007 10:08 AM

LOL @ PF being awful.

you're representing like - exactly 9T. When you do that, you get called.

Isura 06-22-2007 10:37 AM

I'd rather raise turn. But jfish shows up with an A here very often.

jfish 06-22-2007 10:38 AM

i made the worst fold ever here, so yea its good [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. i barely played with you and i honestly didnt think an "unknown" was capable of bluff raising here.

i folded KK fwiw and i immediately regretted it. whatever, i play bad.

Josh. 06-22-2007 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i made the worst fold ever here, so yea its good [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. i barely played with you and i honestly didnt think an "unknown" was capable of bluff raising here.

i folded KK fwiw and i immediately regretted it. whatever, i play bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

KK is just about the worst hand you can have there, and with the Q and J coming he'd have to be crazy to be bluffing. i think the reason his bluff sucks is because you're going to have a pretty big hand too often. this time you didn't. doesn't mean you made a terrible fold, just like it doesn't mean he made a good bluff

berserk 06-22-2007 01:13 PM

Bet flop sometimes

RiverHebrew2 06-22-2007 01:15 PM

not sure exactly wha tyou're repping... I don't like it

mike0292 06-22-2007 01:16 PM

this has to work like 55% of the time, you really think he calls that often? Pretty sure if he posted this from his POV most would advocate fold, just because nobody ever bluffs here.

Teph 06-22-2007 01:21 PM

well this is pretty silly.

kyro 06-22-2007 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this has to work like 55% of the time, you really think he calls that often? Pretty sure if he posted this from his POV most would advocate fold, just because nobody ever bluffs here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yeah, if you know he has KK it's probably fine, but you don't.

Big_Jim 06-22-2007 01:30 PM

ballllllllin' outta control!

D104 06-22-2007 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

KK is just about the worst hand you can have there, and with the Q and J coming he'd have to be crazy to be bluffing. i think the reason his bluff sucks is because you're going to have a pretty big hand too often. this time you didn't. doesn't mean you made a terrible fold, just like it doesn't mean he made a good bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

d2themfi 06-22-2007 01:50 PM

If ur JFish, why not c/c the river, to induce a bluff? I mean the way the mike played this, it looks like a flush draw.
Also why does calling a utg raise on the button with 56 suited suck?, Im thinkin thats pretty standard, no?

ddubois 06-22-2007 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why not c/c the river, to induce a bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

Josh. 06-22-2007 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why not c/c the river, to induce a bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because it's usually jsut going to go check-check and JT or QJ or 99 no good. i don't think a draw is a big part of his range at all. i think most people just muck the turn with a draw unless it's a combo draw. i think it's a reasonably good spot for jfish to be bluffing, so i don't see why he can't bet KK for value.

jfish 06-22-2007 06:22 PM

because i thought he had 1 pair hands more than draws.

edit: josh beat me to it.

TxRedMan 06-22-2007 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL @ PF being awful.

you're representing like - exactly 9T. When you do that, you get called.

[/ QUOTE ]

i assume hero has 100 BB's here. that said, i dont like calling a 3.5 BB raise from UTG when i'm UTG+1. we've got four players yet to act behind us, and iirc, isn't a suited connector about 2.5% stronger than an unsuited connector? bleh, whatever. it's really dependent on your style of play, and i'd call here from the button or the BB, but not UTG+1.

ddubois 06-22-2007 06:46 PM

I guess I don't value bet rivers thin often enough to know whether JT or 99 or whatever can be expected to call. I wouldn't think they would. The only worse hands I see calling is like KsQs/QsJs/QsTs. And there's there's all the straights &amp; ace-nokickers that you lose too. I just don't see much value. But I am probably wrong.

Imrahil 06-22-2007 07:00 PM

Is KK for jfish the same as JJ on the river? I mean if hero's (mike0292's) raise doesn't make much sense when you put it all together, does it make it as easy a call with KK as with JJ?

mak15 06-22-2007 07:13 PM

JJ beats 88 as well as the straights which might raise the river. also to be nitty JJ makes it somewhat less likely that villain has a full house.