Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Boyd, Sklansky make 3k Stud 8 final table (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=428610)

Kevmath 06-16-2007 08:42 AM

Boyd, Sklansky make 3k Stud 8 final table

Chip counts and seat assignments from pokernews.com, the final table starts at 3pm PT:

Seat 1: Dutch Boyd 170,000
Seat 2: George Hardie 182,000
Seat 3: Eli Elezra 303,000
Seat 4: David Sklansky 171,000
Seat 5: Scotty Nguyen 255,000
Seat 6: John Harkness 141,000
Seat 7: Thor Hansen 167,000
Seat 8: Marshall Ragir 28,000

kylephilly 06-16-2007 11:36 AM

Re: Boyd, Sklansky make 3k Stud 8 final table

nice table, elezra, scotty, and hansen too

buckslayer80 06-16-2007 11:55 AM

And of course no video coverage. Jeez I got reemed on buying that package.

jimmytrick 06-16-2007 02:36 PM

NVG gets more Sklansky if he wins. Bleh.

Cornell Fiji 06-16-2007 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean that this is going to be an ESPN covered event? I would definitely watch this.

gl David.

Jooka 06-16-2007 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this mean that this is going to be an ESPN covered event? I would definitely watch this.

gl David.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would be a disapointing no. checked just a bit ago and no espn logo next to it on worldseriesofpoker.com.

dozer 06-16-2007 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
that would be a disapointing no. checked just a bit ago and no espn logo next to it on worldseriesofpoker.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to go, ESPN. Stars of poker help sell the game, not one-hour episodes dedicated to all-ins.

cbloom 06-16-2007 04:43 PM

Only sick poker nerds would ever watch stud8.

Alchemist 06-16-2007 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Count me among that list. I would love to see this FT event with holecards.

Tomy_Lee 06-16-2007 06:13 PM

why would we watch Stud8 when we have 24/7 of NL Holdem..

TIEdup14 06-16-2007 06:29 PM

awesome

Slim Pickens 06-16-2007 06:59 PM

<---------------[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Swede 06-16-2007 07:28 PM

Any kind of stud game > NL ?

W brad 06-16-2007 07:47 PM

Re: The evil Boyd, Sklansky make 3k Stud 8 final table

Is anyone going to post updates on this? Today's play started some 2 hours ago.

Alchemist 06-16-2007 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is anyone going to post updates on this? Today's play started some 2 hours ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Updates can be seen here

BJ Nemeth 06-16-2007 08:12 PM

I'm reporting on this event today, and feel free to critique my coverage (if you feel like it) in this thread.

I'd actually like it if you pointed out any errors, but since you're rarely getting all of the information on the boards, you won't have much to go on. Stud is a very difficult game to cover live, as you'd imagine.

VayaConDios 06-16-2007 08:16 PM

10 minutes ago
Official Chip Counts
Seat 1 - Dutch Boyd - 135,000 Seat 3 - Eli Elezra - 523,000 Seat 4 - David Sklansky - 249,000 Seat 5 - Scotty Nguyen - 280,000 Seat 6 - John Harkness - 230,000

ETA: Get there one time, Donald Sklunsky.

W brad 06-16-2007 08:44 PM

Hand 72 had to hurt David.

I just hope he outlasts Boyd.

David's All-in and out of tourny on the next hand.

BJ Nemeth 06-16-2007 09:15 PM

FYI, ESPN has two handheld cameras here recording footage. It won't be an episode, but depending on who wins (and the final three are all big names), there will likely be some coverage during one of the other WSOP episodes.

tailspin4540 06-16-2007 10:37 PM

BJ,

Is the payout page separate from your reporting? It's got Elezra out in third, among other inaccuracies.

All: He's actually heads-up with Scotty, who's rallied to close the chip count to about even. Dutch finished 3rd.

BJ Nemeth 06-16-2007 10:58 PM

Thanks for the heads-up, TailSpin. Nobody else noticed, but I've since corrected it. (My assistant had a momentary slip-up between chipcounts and bustouts.)

FYI, I do have an assistant for most of the final tables. Here, on the ESPN stage, she's in charge of chip counts, because she's the only person that ESPN allows on stage. (We also provide chip count data to ESPN.)

When we're reporting from the Bluff tent, my assistant is inside the tent doing the chip counts. She gives them to a Bluff producer, who radios them back to me in the control room.

So all of the chip counts today are courtesy of her. It would seriously affect by hand-for-hand coverage if I had to do them myself (as I often have in the past).

There's a short break right now for coloring-up the chips.

Dunkman 06-16-2007 11:22 PM

Hand #160

Hand #160 - Elezra (7-4-8-J) and Nguyen (2-Q-J-3) take it to seventh street, taking turns betting on each street. Elezra puts in the last bet, and Nguyen calls.

Elezra shows two pair, aces and kings. Nguyen shows a pair of queens. Elezra takes the pot, and he has a large chip lead at this point.

I think I've figured out why Elezra is winning......

Alchemist 06-16-2007 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #166

Hand #166 - Elezra folds on fifth street, but only after he kills his own hand by flipping over Nguyen's cards. This is like a crazy drunken home game right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome, wish I could watch this

Dunkman 06-16-2007 11:41 PM

Yeah I'm really upset this isn't being broadcast, sounds like it would be great.

edit: btw, Eli has no chance if Scotty can hang in long enough to get him really hammered. I can't imagine anyone playing better than Scotty when they're both completely wasted.

Jooka 06-16-2007 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand #169

Hand #169 - Nguyen takes the pot on third street. They're acting so quickly and rashly that often we can't see the cards.

Eli Elezra stands up and grabs Scotty Nguyen's drink, and then downs it in one gulp to the delight of the crowd. Nguyen just laughs.

Once again, the tournament director calls for "Cocktails!"

[/ QUOTE ]

it just sucks there is no video of this.

buckslayer80 06-17-2007 12:07 AM

If this wasn't on ESPN then why isn't WSOP.com covering it? They're not doing ANY coverage tonight.

BJ Nemeth 06-17-2007 12:15 AM

Nice catch, Dunkman. I don't know how that happened. Presumably, the tournament director mis-announced one of the cards. (We can't see the boards directly ourselves.)

He clearly said "Two pair, aces and kings" at the end of the hand, so my assumption is that the jack on sixth street was actually a king.

Like I said, nice catch. I'll correct it now.

I'm not sure that the Bluff Tent is set up to handle Stud events. The pace of the action is very quick, and the graphics probably wouldn't be able to keep up with a live tournament. Edited and broadcast a month later? Easy. Broadcasting a stud tournament with live holecards? Very, very difficult.

buckslayer80 06-17-2007 12:33 AM

I just want to watch them. Watching it even a week later is fine. But then again it isn't hold em, so it pretty much doesnt exist.

Yuv 06-17-2007 01:35 AM

Elezra wins, and in Matusow fashion, he almost doesn't owe Barry money anymore.

Drunken Israelis > Drunken Vietnamese.

Dunkman 06-17-2007 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice catch, Dunkman. I don't know how that happened. Presumably, the tournament director mis-announced one of the cards. (We can't see the boards directly ourselves.)

He clearly said "Two pair, aces and kings" at the end of the hand, so my assumption is that the jack on sixth street was actually a king.

Like I said, nice catch. I'll correct it now.

I'm not sure that the Bluff Tent is set up to handle Stud events. The pace of the action is very quick, and the graphics probably wouldn't be able to keep up with a live tournament. Edited and broadcast a month later? Easy. Broadcasting a stud tournament with live holecards? Very, very difficult.

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries, I was just joking around. I'm sure it was damn near impossible to figure out exactly what was going on in that drunken circus last night.

Wetdog 06-18-2007 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure that the Bluff Tent is set up to handle Stud events. The pace of the action is very quick, and the graphics probably wouldn't be able to keep up with a live tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quick stud action? Is this an oxymoron?