Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's the use of washcloths? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=424828)

DWarrior 06-11-2007 01:36 AM

What\'s the use of washcloths?

My mom used to buy one of those net tufts or whatever they're called, now I just use my hands to wash.

So apparently washcloths are to be used in the shower? I can't imagine using one, seems like a useless tool.

youtalkfunny 06-11-2007 01:39 AM

Re: What\'s the use of washcloths?

They're for girls.

12ressiMorP 06-11-2007 01:46 AM

There for use if you dont use a loofah or sponge to lather up the soap and rub on your body. Unless you're nasty and just rub the bar of soap all over you and in your butt and [censored] after someone else in your family just did the same thing.

Big Poppa Smurf 06-11-2007 01:47 AM

washclothes are the nuts

cbloom 06-11-2007 01:48 AM

Black people use them, or so I hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn3n-qj32cY
YouTube - Dave Chapelle - Trading Spouses

doppelganger 06-11-2007 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There for use if you dont use a loofah or sponge to lather up the soap and rub on your body. Unless you're nasty and just rub the bar of soap all over you and in your butt and [censored] after someone else in your family just did the same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the thought of all those germs living on the BAR OF SOAP really makes me feel grossed out.

12ressiMorP 06-11-2007 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea you're right, it's not disgusting to use a bar of soap on your body that was just in between someone elses buttcheeks. might as well wash your face with it too, maybe it will have some pubic hairs still stuck to it if you're lucky.

Yeah, the thought of all those germs living on the BAR OF SOAP really makes me feel grossed out.

[/ QUOTE ]

x2ski 06-11-2007 01:52 AM

They're for washing your face over a sink or washing your ass in the shower.

For you loofah guys, you use that on your ass too?

I have a loofah for my body and a washcloth for my ass and for my ass only.

Big Poppa Smurf 06-11-2007 01:53 AM

dwarrior washclothes keep you cleaner than using your hands will, end of story. try it, I bet you'll like it

doppelganger 06-11-2007 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea you're right, it's not disgusting to use a bar of soap on your body that was just in between someone elses buttcheeks. might as well wash your face with it too, maybe it will have some pubic hairs still stuck to it if you're lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty standard communal soap etiquette to rinse the bar when you're done, so this is rarely an issue, but whatever makes you feel better about using your loufa there, Sally.

DWarrior 06-11-2007 01:58 AM

I use body wash so the germy soap bar is not an issue anyway. I also use a loofa occasionally.

12ressiMorP 06-11-2007 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty standard communal soap etiquette to rinse the bar when you're done, so this is rarely an issue, but whatever makes you feel better about using your loufa there, Sally.

[/ QUOTE ]

If not wanting to wash my face with a bar of soap that was just in someones ass makes me a Sally, then [censored] I'm a Sally.

eviljeff 06-11-2007 02:08 AM

huh? seems pretty obvious to me that washcloths and loofahs are for exfoliation

Brainwalter 06-11-2007 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My mom used to buy one of those net tufts or whatever they're called, now I just use my hands to wash.

So apparently washcloths are to be used in the shower? I can't imagine using one, seems like a useless tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem like a useless tool.

Zing!

captZEEbo 06-11-2007 02:56 AM

I used to just use the bar of soap. I switched to a loofah and I feel much cleaner when I'm done. The loofah does better at scraping your skin to actually clean it. Also the shower doesn't get as grimey. Highly recommend the switch.

szw 06-11-2007 03:06 AM

Never used a loofah or washcloth in the shower ever. Never rubbed soap on myself either, always just lathered up my hands with the bar. Never really thought about this before. I think I'll pick up a loufa to try tomorrow.

Klompy 06-11-2007 03:06 AM

I have a loofa in the shower, but I never use it. It's much easier just to use my hand. Also, IMO barsoap ftw, although I have to finish this thing of bodywash before I can make the glorious switch back. I'm not worried about the ass to face thing seeing as I use face wash for that.

Alobar 06-11-2007 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a loofa in the shower, but I never use it. It's much easier just to use my hand. Also, IMO barsoap ftw, although I have to finish this thing of bodywash before I can make the glorious switch back. I'm not worried about the ass to face thing seeing as I use face wash for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

you use face wash on your ass?

Klompy 06-11-2007 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you use face wash on your ass?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, the kind with microbeads, I find that it cleans the poo out best.

Fast Food Knight 06-11-2007 07:46 AM

Ugh, you've got to use SOMETHING besides your hand when you wash. You soap up and slough off to remove dirt, germs, and dead skin. Just rubbing soap all over your body is NOT enough. I would never get near a guy if he told me he just "used his hand." Gross.

guids 06-11-2007 09:10 AM

I couldnt imagine not using a wash cloth. When i first saw the dave chapelle clip I was like "wtf!, everyone doesnt use wash cloths?".

Blarg 06-11-2007 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh, you've got to use SOMETHING besides your hand when you wash. You soap up and slough off to remove dirt, germs, and dead skin. Just rubbing soap all over your body is NOT enough. I would never get near a guy if he told me he just "used his hand." Gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd bet the times anyone knows this one way or the other before they get anywhere near each other is close to never.

Blarg 06-11-2007 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I couldnt imagine not using a wash cloth. When i first saw the dave chapelle clip I was like "wtf!, everyone doesnt use wash cloths?".

[/ QUOTE ]

I was like, WTF, does anybody use them?

Fast Food Knight 06-11-2007 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd bet the times anyone knows this one way or the other before they get anywhere near each other is close to never.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is irrelevent, and pretty much has nothing to do with my post.

Lazy Meatball 06-11-2007 10:30 AM

i use bar soap directly on skin, with plenty of rinsing before and afterwards. How do you even use a wash cloth, rub soap on cloth then on self? wash the cloth in between showers? seems way to complicated.

an explanation on loofas would be appreciated as well.

ps. I use a seperate face cleanser, so there is no ass to face transfer.

Fast Food Knight 06-11-2007 10:35 AM

Buy body wash...they have all kinds of manly stuff, I like the scent of this (turns me on actually):
http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/77633/200.jpg

Apply this to one of these puffy things, available at any drugstore:
http://www.jilljordan.com/catalog/im...oofah%2012.jpg

You guys can roll your eyes or whatever, but I guarantee, if you bathe with your hand, you smell. Probably in the penis region. I think it's safe to say that I have handled more penises than you all. I feel like this is a public service announcement: use a cloth or loofah to lather up and scrub while bathing, I promise your girlfriend/boyfriend/concubine/prostitute/random myspace girl will thank you.

Zameus 06-11-2007 10:58 AM

I think you underestimate the foaming action ample body hair can produce.

That being said, next time I'm at CVS I'll pick myself up some of the Old Spice High Endurance liquid aphrodisiac.

I think I'll go for the plain brown loofah though. Scrubbing my loins with a pink pom-pom is just a little too "fabulous" for me.

Fast Food Knight 06-11-2007 11:00 AM

Foam is great, but it doesn't remove anything. You need something rough to slough off the dirt, sweat, oils, and dead skin. Rinsing under the shower alone does not cut it.

AceLuby 06-11-2007 11:08 AM

For those using the loofa/washcloth, how often do you wash that? I don't see a problem w/ putting soap on the hands, and lathering up. Friction seems to be enough to get me clean... used loofas/washcloths are what's gross.

RacersEdge 06-11-2007 11:13 AM

My issue would be how much bacteria/germs could collect on the loofta or washcloth. That would be the nastiest.

jws43yale 06-11-2007 11:14 AM

I use Old Spice or Axe Bodywash and a loofah. Creates a much better lather and then just scrub down and hang the loofah up. I fon't actually rinse it until all the soap is out since it takes too long, just a light rinse of the loofah and then hang it up.

I use washclothes for my face at the sink. Use some Apricot Scrub with abrasive stuff instead of face wash in the shower (I think it does a better job), but washcloth is the best for face wash at sink. I also need to use it since I wetshave.

Zameus 06-11-2007 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Foam is great, but it doesn't remove anything. You need something rough to slough off the dirt, sweat, oils, and dead skin. Rinsing under the shower alone does not cut it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm, not to be a dick, but yes it does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap

I agree a washcloth or loofah works as a better exfoliant but dirt, sweat, oils, etc are in fact removed by soap. It's been documented.

Also, my palms are 80 grit so it's all good.

Blarg 06-11-2007 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What planet do you live on? It addressed your post directly and was relevant.

Fast Food Knight 06-11-2007 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it wasn't. My point was that bathing with your hand is gross. Your post was about the odds of people knowing this about someone before getting near them. That has nothing to do with the point I was making.

Blarg 06-11-2007 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm, not to be a dick, but yes it does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soap

I agree a washcloth or loofah works as a better exfoliant but dirt, sweat, oils, etc are in fact removed by soap. It's been documented.

Also, my palms are 80 grit so it's all good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for bringing less voodoo to this thread.

Blarg 06-11-2007 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it wasn't. My point was that bathing with your hand is gross. Your post was about the odds of people knowing this about someone before getting near them. That has nothing to do with the point I was making.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you wanted to say something else, you should have done so. Why blame me?

mason55 06-11-2007 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was like, WTF, does anybody use them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was like "wtf! i can stop using one!"

guids 06-11-2007 11:37 AM

I use all high endurance products, best stuff out there, although, lately ive been using "showtime". And its really simple, all you do is buy 14 wash rags, and wash them once a week (if you take 2 showers a day obv.)

Fast Food Knight 06-11-2007 11:42 AM

LOL, Blarg, I said exactly what I meant. You are so quick to attack people when you don't agree with them.

All I'm telling you guys is that you should scrub your junk. A soapy, lathered up loofah will do a much better job than your hand. If that's not obvious, I don't know what is. Personal hygiene is incredibly important to girls and is often overlooked by even the most attractive guys. But if you want to scoff at me and my ridiculous notions and my relevant personal experience, that is fine.

AceLuby 06-11-2007 11:57 AM

Do any guys loofa/scrub their junk? I would think that would not be fun. You gotta triangle that [censored]. I don't think anyone would be able to tell the difference fully clothed.