Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Heads Up Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   HU League Signup (NLTRN) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=424539)

ChicagoRy 06-10-2007 06:01 PM

HU League Signup (NLTRN)

Sorry it took so long to start this back up, but I'm ready to start it up now. I'd like everybody to who is interested to signup by Friday please. I'll have the schedule setup Saturday night then.

The format I would like to do for this is to put people in even numbered brackets. Preferably 6 people in a bracket. You would then have to play a best of 3 match with everyone in your bracket within 4 weeks.

Everybody with a winning record will then make a single elimination playoff. The first round of this playoff will be best of 3 (week 1 of playoffs).

After that, the remaining matches will be best of 5 and can take place on a weekly or 5-day basis. I'm considering the championship or final 4 to be best of 7, we can talk about that in the upcoming week.

All matches will be hosted on Pokerstars with the same name format (Username vs Username 1/2/3). The default buyin is 5 dollars, if both players agree that can be moved higher. These will be regular speed games, turbos are not available for creation in private matches (at least not for me).

Any other info, ask.

But if you are interested please post your stars name in this thread or PM it to me if you do not want it to be known, I will not share it with anybody.

Looking at the two previous threads, here are the players that said they are interested:

NNH
Chrismyhero
insanesteve
richerthanrichie
frede
masterLJ
jman3232
El Halado
zaga
savagescot
iwantbooze
crimsonduck
hokiegreg
wahahhaha
robracing
cubicle
mychcumstein

I also have received several PMs from people interested in this and I expect everybody I talk to on AIM from this forum to participate (you know who you are).

Even if your name is on the above list or you have expressed interested to me, I would like everybody to post in this thread or PM me if you want your Stars name private.

Any questions or whatever are fine too, I'll update a list of those who want in on this every few replies.

MychCumstien 06-10-2007 06:36 PM

Re: HU League Signup (NLTRN)

sounds good. My stars name is easy: MychCumstien. lol. Same as on full tilt. thanks!

dboy23 06-10-2007 07:46 PM

ok lets do this

ChicagoRy 06-10-2007 08:18 PM

Ok, so far we have:

ChicagoRy = rypac13
Dboy = lolbillfrist
Mychcumstein
Majik
Autom4tic = theopendoor

Sermex 06-10-2007 08:49 PM

sounds interesting.
sign me up.

PS Name: Sermex

I don't have AIM tho, only MSN and Gtalk

RicherThanRichie 06-10-2007 10:00 PM

Id play in this keep me posted

chrismystero 06-10-2007 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chrismyhero

[/ QUOTE ]
im assuming this is me. I'm glad that I am your hero, but my PS name is chrismystero
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I'm in.

Insane_Steve 06-10-2007 10:47 PM

Ya, still in.

Insane Steve on Stars

ChicagoRy 06-11-2007 02:24 AM

Updated list:

ChicagoRy = rypac13
Dboy = lolbillfrist
Mychcumstein
Majik
Autom4tic = theopendoor
Sermex
RicherthanRichie
Chrismystero
Insane Steve

I'll make another update to the list tomorrow, I will also PM people I'd like to be in the league that have not responded later this week (like Tuesdayish).

checktheriver 06-11-2007 08:24 AM

I'd like to do this. My PS name is CheckMyRiver.
Thanks.

soop 06-11-2007 10:35 AM

I'm in. I especially think it would be cool to exchange hand histories afterwards if people are down for that. My PS name is gcac.

Crispy Bacon 06-11-2007 10:44 AM

I'm in, stars name: Crspy Bacon

ChicagoRy 06-11-2007 03:51 PM

Updated list:

ChicagoRy = rypac13
Dboy = lolbillfrist
Mychcumstein
Majik
Autom4tic = theopendoor
Sermex
RicherthanRichie
Chrismystero
Insane Steve
checktheriver = checkmyriver
soop = gcac
Crispy Bacon = crispy bacon

Where you at Cwar?

Deewhizzle 06-11-2007 05:18 PM

im in.
Starsname= DeeWhizzle

cwar 06-11-2007 05:21 PM

Sorry Im not going to be participating, also those of you who know my screen names please keep them to yourself.

ChicagoRy 06-12-2007 03:04 PM

Update:

ChicagoRy = rypac13
Dboy = lolbillfrist
Mychcumstein
Majik
Autom4tic = theopendoor
Sermex
RicherthanRichie
Chrismystero
Insane Steve
soop = gcac
Crispy Bacon
Geo808
Deewhizzle

I'd like to get a few more regular posters. Wahaha, Kharlog, etc.

18 or 24 should work perfectly. It's only Tuesday though, you have until Friday night to signup.

Kharlog 06-12-2007 06:51 PM

I'd happily participate but I'm not at home on weekend.

ChicagoRy 06-12-2007 11:57 PM

You have to play 5 matches over the period of a month. When you choose to play them is up to you and your opponent.

NNH 06-13-2007 12:24 AM

In.

HNN-Bigern823 on stars

HokieGreg 06-13-2007 07:31 AM

Sign me up.

ACGordon on Stars.

Boiler_bd 06-13-2007 01:30 PM

in

bd3109 on stars

Kharlog 06-13-2007 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to play 5 matches over the period of a month. When you choose to play them is up to you and your opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, if it's so then count me in. Screen name Kharlog.

aaaaaaaa 06-13-2007 06:56 PM

WHAT IS BUY IN AND WHAT % GOES TO 1ST?

eleventy 06-13-2007 09:44 PM

I'll play.

Pokerstars = mojo11000

Mr.JR 06-14-2007 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

would like to know this as well, but don't need to post in caps.

With 18 or 24 players, should payout top 4. I also think those who lose the semi-finals match play a best 3-5 to determine 3rd and 4th place.

If it's a $50 Buy-in to play in the League, I would propose these payouts:

18 players ($900):
1st:$450
2nd:$250
3rd:$125
4th:$75

24 players ($1,200)
1st:$575
2nd:$350
3rd:$175
4th:$100

Screename on Stars: 84JR

sharpie 06-14-2007 05:04 AM

Would like in. pokerstars name: isharpie

chrismystero 06-14-2007 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

would like to know this as well, but don't need to post in caps.

With 18 or 24 players, should payout top 4. I also think those who lose the semi-finals match play a best 3-5 to determine 3rd and 4th place.

If it's a $50 Buy-in to play in the League, I would propose these payouts:

18 players ($900):
1st:$450
2nd:$250
3rd:$125
4th:$75

24 players ($1,200)
1st:$575
2nd:$350
3rd:$175
4th:$100

Screename on Stars: 84JR

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW there is no way I can afford anywhere near a $50 buy in. If you guys wanna go ahead with that, go for it, but count me out if it's $50. I'm poor.

sharpie 06-14-2007 11:41 AM

We should do a vote. I vote for $50+ buyin, and FWIW I suck at NL.

eleventy 06-14-2007 12:13 PM

50 works for me...

Kharlog 06-14-2007 12:35 PM

$50 is ok to me but so is $5. $50 buy in will scare many prospective competitors away though.

ChicagoRy 06-14-2007 01:12 PM

Lol, this is a series of matches. They are 5 dollars by default, if you and your opponent agree to play for more, then go ahead.

There will be numerous brackets, likely 4-5 of 6 players each. You will play the other 5 people in your bracket in the first month. Anybody with a winning record will move on to the "playoffs." This consists of a single (though double might be cooler) elimination set of matches, the first round being best of 3, the rounds thereafter being best of 5.

Just so nobody is confused, this is not a "HU Tourney" like the 20+2 that stars runs 2x a day, or like the 215 they run on Sundays, this is a league with a playoff at the end. Each round of the playoffs will likely be played anytime over 7 days, so each round takes a week to complete.

But as far as buyin and final prize, that's not really the goal of this, the goal is to play against other top shelf competition and thinking players to improve your game. Some other goals can be to develop HU relationships to improve your game long-term.

I'll probably host a few HU MTTs in the private section of stars during this league FWIW, so we can do multiple buyin amounts for those, I'd like to get the league started first though.

I'm at hospital now on laptop, when I get home (tomorrow hopefully for a bit) I'll update the list and PM some other HU players that I'd like to see in this.

OwnUPstFlp 06-14-2007 01:20 PM

Kewl Im In, My Stars Name Is GypsieChris GL Me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

SkyReVo 06-14-2007 02:01 PM

Sky.ReVo on Stars
SkyReVo on Full Tilt

*sign*

eleventy 06-14-2007 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol, this is a series of matches. They are 5 dollars by default, if you and your opponent agree to play for more, then go ahead.

There will be numerous brackets, likely 4-5 of 6 players each. You will play the other 5 people in your bracket in the first month. Anybody with a winning record will move on to the "playoffs." This consists of a single (though double might be cooler) elimination set of matches, the first round being best of 3, the rounds thereafter being best of 5.

Just so nobody is confused, this is not a "HU Tourney" like the 20+2 that stars runs 2x a day, or like the 215 they run on Sundays, this is a league with a playoff at the end. Each round of the playoffs will likely be played anytime over 7 days, so each round takes a week to complete.

But as far as buyin and final prize, that's not really the goal of this, the goal is to play against other top shelf competition and thinking players to improve your game. Some other goals can be to develop HU relationships to improve your game long-term.

I'll probably host a few HU MTTs in the private section of stars during this league FWIW, so we can do multiple buyin amounts for those, I'd like to get the league started first though.

I'm at hospital now on laptop, when I get home (tomorrow hopefully for a bit) I'll update the list and PM some other HU players that I'd like to see in this.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds cool. I basically want to play to see how I stack up to 2+2ers. But I think we should all ante up something $10-$50 so the top players at the end have something extra for the effort...but I'm in either way.

ChicagoRy 06-15-2007 03:37 PM

ChicagoRy = rypac13
Dboy = lolbillfrist
Mychcumstein
Majik
Autom4tic = theopendoor
Sermex
sharpie = sharpie
RicherthanRichie
Chrismystero
Insane Steve
soop = gcac
Crispy Bacon
Geo808
Deewhizzle
Kharlog
ownupstflop = gypsiechris
mr.jr = 84jr
eleventy = mojo1100
boiler_bd = bd3109
nhh = bigern823
hokiegreg = acgordon

Ok, any extras have until tonight or mid day tomorrow (I won't make schedule until tomorrow evening or tomorrow night) to sign up.

Deewhizzle 06-15-2007 04:54 PM

IS anybody here willing to trade me like 50 bucks from full tilt. i mostly play on FT and i just signed up for epassporte and it take forever to get monies on there. i got money on FTp i will transfer it over to your tiltaccount if you transfer to my stars account.

HokieGreg 06-16-2007 01:59 AM

sharkscoping 2+2er's Stars names is the nuts

chrismystero 06-16-2007 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
my sharkscope is awful

HokieGreg 06-16-2007 06:39 AM

at least you dont have a sharkscope fishbowl

cwar 06-16-2007 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Im still king out of everyone I sharkscoped, mwuah.