Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Womens event #17 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=424498)

Grasshopp3r 06-10-2007 05:01 PM

Womens event #17

I know the history of the women's event as something for spouses, etc., but why does it continue?

Also, is Brandi playing in it?

Dunkman 06-10-2007 05:05 PM

Re: Womens event #17

Lol @ the 5 posts titled "Jennifer Leigh eliminated" in the live update log.

edit: awww they fixed it...I thought it was kinda funny too

PITTM 06-10-2007 05:39 PM

my girlfriend is in it. 4k after first break. gogogogogo.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

CincyLady 06-10-2007 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know the history of the women's event as something for spouses, etc., but why does it continue?

Also, is Brandi playing in it?

[/ QUOTE ]

That might of been it's reasons for it's origins, but today, WOE events are what is bringing first time women players to poker (Male players have learned from birth that agression is good, while most women have learned from birth to use intuition and talk things out and such).

A lot of women still don't like to play with the opposite gender, when they are first learning how to play.

I'm all for anything that brings a new group into poker. Think about it here, if the poker 'boom' is to continue, which group should it focas on attracting?

The young guns who for the most part are already into the game, or women, who currently only represent only at best, 5 percent of players?

Where logically do you think the most potential growth come from, that has not yet come into the poker world?

Harrah's is playing it smart (as do many other poker venues who have increased having WOE events), because they realize that women are who they need to attract/pull into poker, if they want for the growth to continue in huge numbers.

BTW, the WSOP WOE increases each year, and not only that, when I was there in 2005 it drew the most spectators as well (and I think that trend is continuing based on a comment over at Bluff magazine where they said that the crowd of spectators is huge there).

I'm waiting for the first woman to win the WSOP ME, as that should do the same thing in bringing in Women into poker, as Moneymaker did for the average Joe watching him on TV.

Lots of NEW fish ... yummy! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

P.S. There is also a Seniors event (I'm looking forward to when I can play in that one, a few years from now, as I'm guessing it will be more traditional poker styles), but I don't see anyone asking why that one is being held still.

shane88888 06-10-2007 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From pokernews.com:

Vanessa Rousso is Crushing Her Table

A Pro is a Pro is a Pro.

Vanessa is running over her table (and we are not sure the ladies are all that happy about it) she has over 11,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I heard she's pulling a Jamie Gold at the table. Except instead of blueberries, she's munching on a fetus.

and,

2. Duke sucks.

CincyLady 06-10-2007 06:47 PM

Why do you mention Annie Duke? Annie doesn't play WOEs (Woman Only Event's), so I very much doubt she's playing in this event.

Figure8 06-10-2007 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you mention Annie Duke? Annie doesn't play WOEs (Woman Only Event's), so I very much doubt she's playing in this event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not?

UATrewqaz 06-10-2007 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm waiting for the first woman to win the WSOP ME, as that should do the same thing in bringing in Women into poker, as Moneymaker did for the average Joe watching him on TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering how low a % they make of the total number of players in the event, the odds of this happening any time soon are pretty darn slim.

CincyLady 06-10-2007 08:16 PM

I agree, but when it happens, IMO, it will open up the floodgates for the women to come rushing into the game.

CardSharpCook 06-10-2007 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vanessa Rousso went to Duke University. And Duke does suck.

xxx 06-10-2007 08:35 PM

vanessa out

llleisure 06-10-2007 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From pokernews.com:

Vanessa Rousso is Crushing Her Table

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I heard she's pulling a Jamie Gold at the table. Except instead of blueberries, she's munching on a fetus.

[/ QUOTE ]
A bowl of fetus or just one shes nibbling now and then? Regardless, I'm surprised someone hasn't complained. Guess she's not a Republican. Weird.

xxx 06-10-2007 08:42 PM

Michelle Lewis Eliminates Vanessa Rousso
Vanessa Rousso moved in with her last 1,625 and Michelle Lewis called in the small blind. Rousso's dominated Lewis' , and after the flop and the on the turn it looked like Rousso would double up, so long as she could avoid Lewis' gutshot draw. And that's when the spiked on the river to give Lewis the wheel and knock Rousso out of the tournament.

Anyone know if this is the interviewer Michelle Lewis?

michelle lewis interviewing Mel Judah

chicken10der 06-10-2007 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

My guess would be the penis.

roundcat 06-10-2007 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not?

[/ QUOTE ]
She doesn't play ladies only events because she can make more money playing other events.

This is the last year there will be a bracelet for the WSOP ladies' event.

CincyLady 06-10-2007 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

She doesn't play ladies only events because she can make more money playing other events.

[/ QUOTE ]
Roundcat, where did you hear that?

ligastar 06-10-2007 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vanessa Rousso went to Duke University. And Duke does suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

PITTM 06-10-2007 10:28 PM

Vanessa Selbst was involved in a 7K pot with a board of {J-Spades}{A-Hearts}{10-Spades}{10-Diamonds} when she made a turn bet, and while the other player pondered, Vanessa showed her {10-Clubs}. Her opponent called for the floor and the correct decision was made --- Vanessa did not have a dead hand but she would get a one-round penalty after the hand. The player called and the river brought the {5-Spades} and when the player moved all-in Vanessa called and showed {10-Clubs}{6-Diamonds}, but her opponent showed {10-Hearts}{5-Hearts} for the rivered boat.

lol flxfpwrfihwduck got pwned.

PITTM 06-10-2007 10:36 PM

btw, i think annie duke is a moron for passing up this event. If she is as good as she believes she is this is a massive +EV opportunity.

skitzo444 06-10-2007 10:53 PM

Why are they not giving a bracelet anymore. Are they gonna give a gold and diamond studded tampon or something?

JennFox 06-10-2007 11:07 PM

[censored] you. that is all.

roundcat 06-10-2007 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Roundcat, where did you hear that?

[/ QUOTE ]
From Annie, yesterday at a WSOP Academy ladies only class she was instructing. (Don't let the avatar fool you -- he's my muse; I'm a girl.)

It makes sense. The ladies event and senior event are open only to a limited subset of players, while other events are open to anyone over 21 who wants to buy in. It's condescending to say that women and/or seniors need their own events in order to win a bracelet.

Kevmath 06-11-2007 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, the WSOP WOE increases each year, and not only that, when I was there in 2005 it drew the most spectators as well (and I think that trend is continuing based on a comment over at Bluff magazine where they said that the crowd of spectators is huge there).

[/ QUOTE ]

The ladies event is scheduled for video coverage, which means (if Bluff hasn't changed anything) a sequestered set with NO spectators.

Kevmath 06-11-2007 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Michelle Lewis Eliminates Vanessa Rousso
Vanessa Rousso moved in with her last 1,625 and Michelle Lewis called in the small blind. Rousso's dominated Lewis' , and after the flop and the on the turn it looked like Rousso would double up, so long as she could avoid Lewis' gutshot draw. And that's when the spiked on the river to give Lewis the wheel and knock Rousso out of the tournament.

Anyone know if this is the interviewer Michelle Lewis?

michelle lewis interviewing Mel Judah

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be the same Michelle Lewis.

PITTM 06-11-2007 12:36 AM

is pokernews SERIOUSLY the best site for updates? its like once every 10 minutes they give a live update, their chipcounts were updated 5 hours ago and it doesnt list any other info. I thought they were like the "official" site or somesuch?

timex 06-11-2007 02:39 AM

Heather Townsend 15000

All of a sudden, I'm not so confident that duck will win.

nath 06-11-2007 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Vanessa Selbst was involved in a 7K pot with a board of {J-Spades}{A-Hearts}{10-Spades}{10-Diamonds} when she made a turn bet, and while the other player pondered, Vanessa showed her {10-Clubs}. Her opponent called for the floor and the correct decision was made --- Vanessa did not have a dead hand but she would get a one-round penalty after the hand. The player called and the river brought the {5-Spades} and when the player moved all-in Vanessa called and showed {10-Clubs}{6-Diamonds}, but her opponent showed {10-Hearts}{5-Hearts} for the rivered boat.

lol flxfpwrfihwduck got pwned.

[/ QUOTE ]
you sound kind of spiteful here

curtains 06-11-2007 03:49 AM

my sister is going to win the tourney easy. Has almost double average stack with about 100 left!!

suzy89222 06-11-2007 03:57 AM

curtains, read about my hand in the ladies tournament in high stakes mtt! i value your opinion. you seem to really know what youre talking about. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

timex 06-11-2007 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my sister is going to win the tourney easy. Has almost double average stack with about 100 left!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats her name? How much poker has she learnt from you?
Pics?

curtains 06-11-2007 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pics?

[/ QUOTE ]

all poker of course. Her name is Jenn Shahade. Here are some pics:

http://jennifershahade.com/chessbitchreview.html

DonJ 06-11-2007 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pics?

[/ QUOTE ]

all poker of course. Her name is Jenn Shahade. Here are some pics:

http://jennifershahade.com/chessbitchreview.html

[/ QUOTE ]

DD's I like. Way too [censored] intelligent though. You didn't mention she is two time US Women's chess champion!

Still nice knockers. http://jennifershahade.com/bio.html

knifeandfork 06-11-2007 11:01 AM

i think its great to have these events. there is a nice slightly older lady that plays with us in our local games and is not a big winner, but she goes to every WPT in AC to play the ladies event, it makes her feel good and come back to the games over and over again. i mean form a player point of view whatever gets more people playing ya know? think junior gold us am etc etc

Grasshopp3r 06-11-2007 07:05 PM

Go Chess Bitch!

It looks like she is still in it.

I disagree on the reason to have these women's only events, similar to women's only chess. They only reinforce the gender conflicts and stereotypes.

jaybizzle 06-11-2007 08:28 PM

Goooooooooooo duck!

canarymofo 06-11-2007 08:57 PM

Looks like Selbst is owning this tourney

Kevmath 06-11-2007 09:10 PM

It appears she was in a huge pot with the chip leader (Cydnie Joy) with 3 tables left that gave her the monster chip lead.

DJ Sensei 06-11-2007 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did anyone expect anything less?

Bill Murphy 06-11-2007 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did anyone expect anything less?

[/ QUOTE ]

She's just lucky Annie doesn't play women's events.

Bill Murphy 06-11-2007 09:25 PM

WTFFFFF????

[ QUOTE ]
Mary Jones and Jennifer Shahade Eliminated on Same Hand
Frauke Ritter Von Sporschill raised 30K from the cut off. Mary Jones moved all in. From the big blind, Jennifer Shahade called off the last of her chips for 48K. Frauke Ritter Von Sporschill called then stormed away from the table.

Jennifer Shahade: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Mary Jones: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Frauke Ritter Von Sporschill: J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Since Frauke was not at the table, the dealer had to turn over her hand. The flop was K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] . The turn was the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and the river was the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] . Fruake rivered trips to bust both players.

Last year's Ladies Champion Mary Jones was eliminated in 16th place. She got a nice applause from the players on the rail and the remaining players. Jennifer Shahade finished in 17th place. They both won $8,426.

[/ QUOTE ]